Sep 5 - Unemployed man with no health insurance dies after minor tooth infection spreads to brain

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
81 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
105 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
194 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #41
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
I new when i clicked on this hot topic id get pissed

what a shame
 6 years ago '06        #42
Darkpoet 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,667 | Props total: 1 1
 stogz said:
Well, usually it's $400-$500 per tooth... and yes, there are different prices for different teeth ( i dunno why). That doesn't include any novacaine or anesthetic.

With that said, I don't understand ur point at all.

He didn't need a simple check-up. He needed a procedure. Car insurance or not... if you need an oil change, you have to pay for one. If you don't get one, eventually, ur car will die. Check-ups don't help wisdom teeth... there is no preventative maintenance that you can get to make sure you don't need need wisdom teeth removal. The best that maintenance would have done in this case is let dude know his wisdoms are growing in, and maybe he could have gotten them removed earlier, when he still had a job with insurance.
That's the point: he never had the resources to get a check up to inform him that it was that crucial. I've avoided the dentist for the same reason when I didn't have insurance. Even a 20 dollar co pay can hurt your pockets.

The point is that teeth cleanings are a grip without insurance, but why is that the case? People aren't going to the dentist twice a year because they know they don't have the means. Now if there was competition, prices would be lower and people might not need insurance unless it's an emergency, which in this case it was, so you're right, but the idea itself of needing insurance to get routine check ups or even a tooth extracted - braces, bridges, etc are understandable - at those prices is absurd.

I'm not dismissing his poor choice to take pain medications over antibiotics, but you never know his situation. Most people would of taking the medications not knowing fixing the pain temp would be worth your life.

Last edited by Darkpoet; 09-05-2011 at 09:46 PM..
 09-05-2011, 09:52 PM         #43
yella 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dude could of went to the elm st street clinic and got it pulled for 15 bucks pain meds and antibiotics included...rip to him tho
 6 years ago '07        #44
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
 JuElz CaM said:
the dumb negro deserved to die...one less idiot on the earth

/thread
he chose to buy the thing that wasn't gonna help him.
 6 years ago '04        #45
darkwhitespirit 
space
space
$596 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
um, you have to pay for dental care in canada. The only difference he would've had in canada is...

1) Hey probably would not have been out of work

or

2) If he was out of work and could not afford dental surgery, he would have gotten antibiotic for the infection.

Either way, at some point in time he would've STILL needed surgery for his wisdom teeth.
Actually in this case it would have been covered by our healthcare system. It was a medical emergency at this point. Canadian hospitals have oral surgeons in place for situations like this.
 6 years ago '07        #46
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
Damn Bootsy, you couldn't lend him the $$$$?
 6 years ago '04        #47
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80

Damn...but whenever my teeth hurt...i go to dentist asap..you dont play around with that.
 6 years ago '04        #48
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,483 | Props total: 2721 2721
wow how great is america when u have countries like germany that actually has a law saying if u cant pay for health ins. ,u ll get help
and those who still dont get it ,they get fined ! !
 6 years ago '04        #49
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,967 | Props total: 4678 4678
fu*ked up, may that man RIP. Random question, do you really need to have your wisdom teeth pulled out? Mine have never caused me any discomfort.

Last edited by RoyceDa59; 09-05-2011 at 10:16 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #50
memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
so bootsy couldn't give him a loan just to have enough money to pay for the antibiotics. damn shame.
 6 years ago '08        #51
Kewop Decam 80 heat pts80
space
space
space
$15,993 | Props total: 9781 9781
this man died because he

1. Didn't realize how important it is to remove troubling wisdom teeth

2. Bought the wrong medicine instead of getting the funds for the right medicine.

If someone tells you "you need to get this medicine to live" and it doesn't cost a billion dollars you will find that money one way or another. Sucks he died, but this isn't an American medical insurance system sucks problem.
 6 years ago '05        #52
Nasty Nate 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 22 22
Reading this story is encouraging me to go to a cheap dental clinic to get all of my wisdom teeth removed
 6 years ago '10        #53
tallulahmademe 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,939 | Props total: 9211 9211
but n*ggas talk bad about obama when he try 2 give medicare to everybody. smh RIP MY DUDE
 6 years ago '04        #54
memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
and another thing the guy must not be getting paid much. because antibiotics don't even cost that much. the most Ive seen them cost is $15 and thats for any antibiotics in the cillin family
 6 years ago '07        #55
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,067 | Props total: 30379 30379
 Darkpoet said:
That's the point: he never had the resources to get a check up to inform him that it was that crucial. I've avoided the dentist for the same reason when I didn't have insurance. Even a 20 dollar co pay can hurt your pockets.

The point is that teeth cleanings are a grip without insurance, but why is that the case? People aren't going to the dentist twice a year because they know they don't have the means. Now if there was competition, prices would be lower and people might not need insurance unless it's an emergency, which in this case it was, so you're right, but the idea itself of needing insurance to get routine check ups or even a tooth extracted - braces, bridges, etc are understandable - at those prices is absurd.

I'm not dismissing his poor choice to take pain medications over antibiotics, but you never know his situation. Most people would of taking the medications not knowing fixing the pain temp would be worth your life.
You don't need insurance to get check-ups. You need insurance to make it cost effective. However, if he had insurance, he would have just gotten the surgery... if he didn't, he have to pay.

What you initially said is "We don't need car insurance to get our oil changed, why do we dental/medical insurance for a simple check up"? To which i replied you don't need insurance for a simple check-up. You pay the price that the service is listed at. If you are arguing that prices of certain services should be lower, then that is a different subject all together.

I'd a.ssume he didn't choose the antibiotics over the pain k!llers because the choices were not explained to him properly. it's not a matter of him making a poor choice as it is a matter of incompetent healthcare practitioners not explaining it correctly.

"Take the antibiotics, or you could die". I bet it was not presented to him like that.

darkwhitespirit said:
Actually in this case it would have been covered by our healthcare system. It was a medical emergency at this point. Canadian hospitals have oral surgeons in place for situations like this.
I'd a.ssume that it wasn't a medical emergency at the time he went to the hospital or wherever. His situation deteriorated. Medical emergencies are covered in america as well, however, it has to be declared a medical emergency at the time. They make that distinction.

At a canadian hospital, he would have told them he has a toothache.... they would've looked in his mouth, told him it was swollen and that he may have an infection. they would've given him a perscription for antibiotics. he would've said he has no money to pay for it... and they would have found him some antibiotic pills in the hospital to give him free of charge. Maybe a supply for 3-4 days.

Now here is what i'm unsure of... if he had an infection, and antibiotics could cure the infection, and the hospital saw it that way... then, they would not deem it an emergency. However, different complications, that could k!ll you, could possibly still arise. Anyway, under that circumstance, canadian hospital would not perform emergency surgery.

If he came to the hospital and it was deemed he had an infection that could not be cured by simple antibiotics and the only option was extraction, then yes... they would do the surgery.

I just don't know which situation the dude was in when he went to ER. Either it wasn't an emergency that could be temporarily fixed with antibiotics.... or, it was an emergency, and it was KNOWN that dude was near death but it was presented to this man as if it was not serious.
 6 years ago '06        #56
Darkpoet 2 heat pts
space
space
 tallulahmademe said:
but n*ggas talk bad about obama when he try 2 give medicare to everybody. smh RIP MY DUDE

If only it was that simple...
 6 years ago '09        #57
DJ Geezy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,393 | Props total: 207 207
I guess he should of got his a.ss a job then and got him some health insurance...

Sorry I don't feel bad for people who don't help themselves...worst case scenario he could have facilitated enrollment for medicaid...many avenues he could of chosen...and he didn't

If he was unemployed he probably wasn't paying support for his daughter...therefore I have no sympathy...one less burden to society...glad my tax money didn't go to his free health care...

Bust my a.ss working and gotta pay $100 for medical insurance while all these leeches think it should be handed to them...gotta love America! Go Obama!
 6 years ago '06        #58
Darkpoet 2 heat pts
space
space
[QUOTE=stogz;20519621]You don't need insurance to get check-ups. You need insurance to make it cost effective. However, if he had insurance, he would have just gotten the surgery... if he didn't, he have to pay.

What you initially said is "We don't need car insurance to get our oil changed, why do we dental/medical insurance for a simple check up"? To which i replied you don't need insurance for a simple check-up. You pay the price that the service is listed at. If you are arguing that prices of certain services should be lower, then that is a different subject all together.

I'd a.ssume he didn't choose the antibiotics over the pain k!llers because the choices were not explained to him properly. it's not a matter of him making a poor choice as it is a matter of incompetent healthcare practitioners not explaining it correctly.

"Take the antibiotics, or you could die". I bet it was not presented to him like that.

My argument was about prices, which is why the second part of my quote talked about how ridiculous prices are....He shouldn't have to pay 400 for a tooth to be removed without insurance. There should be market competition.
 6 years ago '07        #59
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,067 | Props total: 30379 30379
 Kewop Decam said:
this man died because he

1. Didn't realize how important it is to remove troubling wisdom teeth

2. Bought the wrong medicine instead of getting the funds for the right medicine.

If someone tells you "you need to get this medicine to live" and it doesn't cost a billion dollars you will find that money one way or another. Sucks he died, but this isn't an American medical insurance system sucks problem.
Use common sense... do you really think they explained to him that he was gonna die without antibiotics? The way antibiotics is prescribed nowadays, most people look at the drug the same way they do over the counter cough medicine.
 6 years ago '05        #60
aKtIvItY! 
space
space
$1,031 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
um, you have to pay for dental care in canada. The only difference he would've had in canada is...

1) Hey probably would not have been out of work

or

2) If he was out of work and could not afford dental surgery, he would have gotten antibiotic for the infection.

Either way, at some point in time he would've STILL needed surgery for his wisdom teeth.
no, dental care is free at a hospital. he would have been treated and lived.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
19 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
275 comments
19 hours ago