Lil Wayne's 'Tha Carter IV' Likely To Double 'Watch The Throne' In Sales

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
58 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
251 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #121
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
 DoctorJ said:
My 4 cents...

1) First off...Major congratz to Wayne & Young Money for intelligentally picking (the right) big promotions to have such a successful album release & sales' week. Album isn't wack, so I'm happy they moving units, and still getting props.

2) In regards to how "good/bad" this album is - there's some quality on there...not classic, but above average...Again IMO, I think it didn't stand up to the hype as much as Carter 3 did, as I feel Carter 3 had more hits, less filler, and more versalitility admist the MAJOR hype for it. For Carter 4 there's some hits, but honestly I think they released all the "singles-worthy" songs already, so it feels like there's not much left in the tank. I'm 100% sure it will sell WELL, but we'll have to see how they keep this one selling. My fav joints on it are: "Megaman", "President Carter", "Nightmares At The Bottom", "How To Hate", "I'm Good", "She Will", & the bonus join "Mirrors" w/ Bruno Mars. Now, where I (personally) see this in the Lil Wayne catalogue is=

Carter 2
Carter 3
Carter 4
Carter 1
I Am Not A Human Being
Lights Out
Rebirth
--------------------------
500 Degreez------------|
Like Father, Like Son----|--Really hated these 3 albums alot, he's improved 30,000% since then.
Tha Block Is Hot--------|

3) I have a feeling the success of this album will match how Carter 3 sold. A HUGE first-week, and then a HUGE decrease (over 60-70%) progressively each week. So I have no doubt in my mind, that while Wayne outsold Em's first week & doubled Jay/Kanye's first week...BOTH Em & Jay/Kanye will have much better final sales & longer sales' life.

4) For those trying to compare to Em's and Jay/Kanye's most recent albums to this Carter 4...It's really a different type of music/direction/emotion of the music. Wayne is doing stuff TOTALLY targeting radio, show-performances, and trying to hang on to the teen market...which he has been doing successfully to stay hot. No one can doubt his mark on hip-hop history thus far (even the haters), but realize he's still young and changing/evolving...The amount of experimenting he does, mixtapes, features, and the many "collaborators/change of inspirations/co-writers" he's been through...he's still adjusting and finding his FINAL sound/style IMO - Only time will tell if his evolution will hang on to his "young" fanbase he has right now. Where Em & Jay, etc differ is they've cemented down their sound, have their HUGE core fanbase that have grown with them that will buy EVERY album. With the exception of a maybe a label-forced mega-single every album (ie- "Love the way you lie", "empire state of mind", etc), they now are making music for them, and not targetting for radio singles. Simply because their fanbase isn't the market of radio/ipod listeners that Wayne has "right now" at least. This is why Em or Jay don't have to sell anywhere NEAR a Milly the 1st week, to still outsell Wayne 2-3 times over in the long run.
What the hell is this?

6 years ago '08        #122
DaRokk 74 heat pts74
space
space
$1,261 | Props total: 52 52
yall silly mothafukkas KNOW baby bought up a bunch of copy's to make this happen come on stop acting like yall dont know they did the same thing for carter 3 its all about the numbers and bragging rights for them :disdain2:
 6 years ago '04        #123
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,357 | Props total: 8456 8456
 DaRokk said:
yall silly mothafukkas KNOW baby bought up a bunch of copy's to make this happen come on stop acting like yall dont know they did the same thing for carter 3 its all about the numbers and bragging rights for them :disdain2:
but Jay said they got "baby" money
 09-05-2011, 01:31 PM         #124
freakbucket  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not to rain on Wayne's parade at all...but why is almost every thread or topic net wide...somehow about wayne's sales vs jay-z's sales?
 6 years ago '10        #125
Cashis Clay 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 226 226
n*ggas blowin Wayne c*ck so bad that they are happy cuz his first week sales are lookin good like they part of the street team or some sh*t but quick to call someone else stans I'm happy for him but his album ain't better then WTT...jay mentions album sales cuz it's HIS album and HIS money! Fukin sheeps
 09-05-2011, 01:34 PM         #126
freakbucket  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
but Jay said they got "baby" money
it's still baby money....if you're supposedly worth 10x that amount. The truth is, nobody knows how much money any of these people have. Net worth is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. People have a net worth of $120,000 because their house appraised for that much....until their house sells for $83,000...then what? false a.ss numbers.

wayne sold, that's his victory and nobody can take that.

it's a proven fact that pop music outsells fap...every time. In 2011, leggins will outsell normal regular jeans. lol, ok that was a cheap shot...besides kanye has on leggins too.

the only thing i could imagine that jay could win by this is that if he earns more per record than Wayne does, but even then its split with Ye to some extent.
 09-05-2011, 01:35 PM         #127
I ito I  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WTT and Carter IV are both average albums

Carter IV is a bit better tho cuz it ride i would fall asleep listenin 2 wtt in a whip
 09-05-2011, 01:38 PM         #128
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 T R I L L said:
You can just read n*ggas posts and tell when they actually started listening to wayne and how old they are..
i was jammin to wayne since Millionaire Dream...i cant speak for other n*ggas!!!!!

but you be trolling in every thread that has Wayne name in it doe..n
 6 years ago '10        #129
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11 11
 Marvin Hagler said:
DoMieD Lost

6 years ago '06        #130
Icee 33 heat pts33
space
space
$11,722 | Props total: 5714 5714
white folks are keeping "hip hop" alive, why yall think eminem does those type of numbers? The RAP INDUSTRY IS DEAD!
 6 years ago '10        #131
AmazinJay 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,575 | Props total: 1275 1275
He has a lot of delusional fans. White people love him. They'll cop anything he puts out regardless if its trash or not.
 09-05-2011, 02:27 PM         #132
no17hog  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SkateboardT said:
thats sad seeing as how bad the carter 4 was, people really don't care do they?

I'm done with wayne, the next release I'm waiting for from the cash money family is the funeral vid when that little sh*tbird finally does croak. I give it 4 years tops.

Dame.....can't you just not buy? ....a funeral man you sound like a bi*ch WAYNE fu*k AND DUCK
 6 years ago '10        #133
Livin Life 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2778 2778
 DoctorJ said:
2) In regards to how "good/bad" this album is - there's some quality on there...not classic, but above average...Again IMO, I think it didn't stand up to the hype as much as Carter 3 did, as I feel Carter 3 had more hits, less filler, and more versalitility admist the MAJOR hype for it. For Carter 4 there's some hits, but honestly I think they released all the "singles-worthy" songs already, so it feels like there's not much left in the tank. I'm 100% sure it will sell WELL, but we'll have to see how they keep this one selling. My fav joints on it are: "Megaman", "President Carter", "Nightmares At The Bottom", "How To Hate", "I'm Good", "She Will", & the bonus join "Mirrors" w/ Bruno Mars. Now, where I (personally) see this in the Lil Wayne catalogue is=

Carter 2
Carter 3
Carter 4
Carter 1
I Am Not A Human Being
Lights Out
Rebirth
500 Degreez------------|
Like Father, Like Son----|--Really hated these 3 albums alot, he's improved 30,000% since then.
Tha Block Is Hot--------|
how do you put I Am Not A Human Being above any of these albums? That's the worst thing he's ever released. And notsureifserious about putting LFLS there. That's one of his best albums.
 6 years ago '05        #134
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,728 | Props total: 2217 2217
 blueeffect3 said:
Yall stans know damn well that Baby ugly a.ss bought about 600,000 copys play boi.Expect a 95% drop off the next week.
Wrong. as much as i hate to say it, the sales will increase for a min. They just put "Megaman" on the radio last week, and its one of the hardest tracks on the album. People who dont know any better gonna be like "oh i need this album"
 6 years ago '08        #135
dirtyglovethug 
space
space
$283 | Props total: 12 12
even though wayne doesn't seem like he nurtured this album as much as he did c3, it still came out alright. it's not near what i was expecting but it's better than wtt. there are some major f*ggot tracks on wtt. and i don't even know how they let that beyonce track happen, could be one of the worst songs i've ever heard. c3 was the best carter album. wayne could have had some better producers on this album, some of the beats are a bit wack. but jay and kanye rapped on some dumb sh*t. plus wayne got some nice people on the album. nas, shyne, jada, busta, ricky aight, tech was nice, fu*k drake he sucks and bruno too. overall i would say c4 is a 7.5 and wtt is a safe 6. said my piece. now i'll rest.
 09-05-2011, 03:33 PM         #136
Marvin Hagler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:hmm: why wasnt these fans delusional when errybody said Weezy gonna do 4/500K max?

now all of a sudden this wuz inevitable due to 14 yr old fans and Birdman's credit card
 6 years ago '05        #137
ilikefattygirlz 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,261 | Props total: 0 0
I think im just gonna buy into all of this

*Walks to his local bestbuy to buy a soulja boy CD*

6 years ago '07        #138
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 Icee said:
white folks are keeping "hip hop" alive, why yall think eminem does those type of numbers? The RAP INDUSTRY IS DEAD!
best quote thus far in the debate
 6 years ago '05        #139
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
 Icee said:
white people have been the majority since day 1........ take them away wu-tang, jay-z,biggie, 2pac....none of them would have sold in the 90's.

the reason east coast and whatever 90's hip hop is "Real" stopped selling its because white people stopped buying them. and yey of couse eminem will sell the most because he looks like them.

white people are a much bigger population and thats y your favorite rapper has sold or flopped no matter the era.

and anyway check the picture thread...plenty of black people copped the carter 4

carter 4 >>>>>>>>>> _______________
 6 years ago '04        #140
Kaliz ChamP 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,696 | Props total: 534 534
Lol@ folks thinking Baby bout the album. Let's see, 500,000k albums. Going about 8 dollars a pop. That's just under 5 mil worth of music he bought. So what your saying is Baby spent that sort of money to make sure Wayen sold? If so, let's you know how caked up birdman is
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy