Lil Wayne's 'Tha Carter IV' Likely To Double 'Watch The Throne' In Sales

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
26 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #101
Shanked 36 heat pts36
space
space
space
$2,550 | Props total: 3150 3150
Birdman, Drake, Nicki & Others be sat in the back of the studio on Mac laptops buying off all the albums on the internet, too hype him up

09-05-2011, 08:27 AM         #102
Hotboy1982  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shanked said:
Birdman, Drake, Nicki & Others be sat in the back of the studio on Mac laptops buying off all the albums on the internet, too hype him up

Uhh, I'm pretty sure that's not true cause birdman " don't use no mu'fu*king macks, plethbwoi" lol
 6 years ago '04        #103
aerokid240 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,235 | Props total: 0 0
 Shanked said:

lol i know its hard to believe that wayne can actually outsell your favorite rapper(s) but its just reality son. When the white man is winning, everyone yawns and say "well whats new", but when the black man is winning, everyone calls BS and thinks conspiracy.
 6 years ago '10        #104
beatjunkie 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,182 | Props total: 5 5
 Smoke500 said:
Lol dude had MTV promotion and singles. WTT was based only on Jay and Ye announcing the album. Nothing more

That said, I am shocked by the sales. Tha Carter 4 is the worst album Wayne has ever made imo yet people bought it up. Kinda shocking...goes to show no matter people are in love with Wayne more than his music
Tha Carter IV is WAYYY better than III...and Im not a Weezy fan..
 6 years ago '04        #105
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
lololol jayz stan get mad c4>>>>>>>>>>>>wtt
 09-05-2011, 08:47 AM         #106
Cipherr  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
album sales are a thing because jay z made them a thing

you cant have lyrics like 'only people moving units is em pimp juice and us'

then say sh*t like 'men lie, women lie, numbers dont'

and have album sales be off the table after that

There it is right there. Thats true.
 09-05-2011, 09:33 AM         #107
Graveyard  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So what's the official numbers? It's been a week.
 6 years ago '10        #108
illement 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,489 | Props total: 1533 1533
Talkin' bout baby money,
I got your baby money,
Ya'll know the rest.

Weezy won...

This time.

09-05-2011, 10:29 AM         #109
Youngray22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
c'mon white people. Kayne+Jay-z>>>>>> Baby money and Y.M camp
 6 years ago '04        #110
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,970 | Props total: 210 210
My 4 cents...

1) First off...Major congratz to Wayne & Young Money for intelligentally picking (the right) big promotions to have such a successful album release & sales' week. Album isn't wack, so I'm happy they moving units, and still getting props.

2) In regards to how "good/bad" this album is - there's some quality on there...not classic, but above average...Again IMO, I think it didn't stand up to the hype as much as Carter 3 did, as I feel Carter 3 had more hits, less filler, and more versalitility admist the MAJOR hype for it. For Carter 4 there's some hits, but honestly I think they released all the "singles-worthy" songs already, so it feels like there's not much left in the tank. I'm 100% sure it will sell WELL, but we'll have to see how they keep this one selling. My fav joints on it are: "Megaman", "President Carter", "Nightmares At The Bottom", "How To Hate", "I'm Good", "She Will", & the bonus join "Mirrors" w/ Bruno Mars. Now, where I (personally) see this in the Lil Wayne catalogue is=

Carter 2
Carter 3
Carter 4
Carter 1
I Am Not A Human Being
Lights Out
Rebirth
--------------------------
500 Degreez------------|
Like Father, Like Son----|--Really hated these 3 albums alot, he's improved 30,000% since then.
Tha Block Is Hot--------|

3) I have a feeling the success of this album will match how Carter 3 sold. A HUGE first-week, and then a HUGE decrease (over 60-70%) progressively each week. So I have no doubt in my mind, that while Wayne outsold Em's first week & doubled Jay/Kanye's first week...BOTH Em & Jay/Kanye will have much better final sales & longer sales' life.

4) For those trying to compare to Em's and Jay/Kanye's most recent albums to this Carter 4...It's really a different type of music/direction/emotion of the music. Wayne is doing stuff TOTALLY targeting radio, show-performances, and trying to hang on to the teen market...which he has been doing successfully to stay hot. No one can doubt his mark on hip-hop history thus far (even the haters), but realize he's still young and changing/evolving...The amount of experimenting he does, mixtapes, features, and the many "collaborators/change of inspirations/co-writers" he's been through...he's still adjusting and finding his FINAL sound/style IMO - Only time will tell if his evolution will hang on to his "young" fanbase he has right now. Where Em & Jay, etc differ is they've cemented down their sound, have their HUGE core fanbase that have grown with them that will buy EVERY album. With the exception of a maybe a label-forced mega-single every album (ie- "Love the way you lie", "empire state of mind", etc), they now are making music for them, and not targetting for radio singles. Simply because their fanbase isn't the market of radio/ipod listeners that Wayne has "right now" at least. This is why Em or Jay don't have to sell anywhere NEAR a Milly the 1st week, to still outsell Wayne 2-3 times over in the long run.

Last edited by DoctorJ; 09-05-2011 at 11:07 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #111
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,902 | Props total: 21186 21186
 DoctorJ said:
My 4 cents...

1) First off...Major congratz to Wayne & Young Money for intelligentally picking (the right) big promotions to have such a successful album release & sales' week. Album isn't wack, so I'm happy they moving units, and still getting props.

2) In regards to how "good/bad" this album is - there's some quality on there...not classic, but above average...Again IMO, I think it didn't stand up to the hype as much as Carter 3 did, as I feel Carter 3 had more hits, less filler, and more versalitility admist the MAJOR hype for it. For Carter 4 there's some hits, but honestly I think they released all the "singles-worthy" songs already, so it feels like there's not much left in the tank. I'm 100% sure it will sell WELL, but we'll have to see how they keep this one selling. My fav joints on it are: "Megaman", "President Carter", "Nightmares At The Bottom", "How To Hate", "I'm Good", "She Will", & the bonus join "Mirrors" w/ Bruno Mars. Now, where I (personally) see this in the Lil Wayne catalogue is=

Carter 2
Carter 3
Carter 4
Carter 1

I Am Not A Human Being
Lights Out
Rebirth
500 Degreez------------|
Like Father, Like Son----|--Really hated these 3 albums alot, he's improved 30,000% since then.

3) I have a feeling the success of this album will match how Carter 3 sold. A HUGE first-week, and then a HUGE decrease (over 60-70%) progressively each week. So I have no doubt in my mind, that while Wayne outsold Em's first week & doubled Jay/Kanye's first week...BOTH Em & Jay/Kanye will have much better final sales & longer sales' life.

4) For those trying to compare to Em's and Jay/Kanye's most recent albums to this Carter 4...It's really a different type of music/direction/emotion of the music. Wayne is doing stuff TOTALLY targeting radio, show-performances, and trying to hang on to the teen market...which he has been doing successfully to stay hot. No one can doubt his mark on hip-hop history thus far (even the haters), but realize he's still young and changing/evolving...The amount of experimenting he does, mixtapes, features, and the many "collaborators/change of inspirations/co-writers" he's been through...he's still adjusting and finding his FINAL sound/style IMO - Only time will tell if his evolution will hang on to his "young" fanbase he has right now. Where Em & Jay, etc differ is they've cemented down their sound, have their HUGE core fanbase that have grown with them that will buy EVERY album. With the exception of a maybe a label-forced mega-single every album (ie- "Love the way you lie", "empire state of mind", etc), they now are making music for them, and not targetting for radio singles. Simply because their fanbase isn't the market of radio/ipod listeners that Wayne has "right now" at least. This is why Em or Jay don't have to sell anywhere NEAR a Milly the 1st week, to still outsell Wayne 2-3 times over in the long run.
Am I in the twilight zone...
 09-05-2011, 11:41 AM         #112
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Am I in the twilight zone...
 6 years ago '04        #113
memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
wayne got some die hard fans. because that album was bad. nothing worth listening to again.
 6 years ago '08        #114
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,482 | Props total: 1273 1273
Jay and Ye like dumbasses werent too focused on physical sales and were gone off of trying to shutdown the digital sales market (which admitedly they did)....but those n*ggas released physically on a FRIDAY. Who the fu*k buys CD's over a weekend?
 09-05-2011, 12:24 PM         #115
bigree61  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why youll keep try n to say only white people fu*k wit wayne

i thought jay was the one who got all those black men from the hood the fu*k from around him because it hurt his image with white people and only gets money with white people or n*ggas from the burbs like kanye

that sellout jay lost

only black people he has around anymore are the one s he views as under him
 6 years ago '04        #116
..AMARU.. 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,133 | Props total: 739 739
 DoctorJ said:
My 4 cents...
I'm 100% sure it will sell WELL, but we'll have to see how they keep this one selling. My fav joints on it are: "Megaman", "President Carter", "Nightmares At The Bottom", "How To Hate", "I'm Good", "She Will", & the bonus join "Mirrors" w/ Bruno Mars. Now, where I (personally) see this in the Lil Wayne catalogue is=

Carter 2
Carter 3
Carter 4

Carter 1
I Am Not A Human Being
Lights Out
Rebirth
500 Degreez------------|

You have got to be kidding...

Carter 2 > Carter 1 (debatable) but no way can you say C4 > C1 .. what age you? (Im serious) ... Also Im not a human being/ Rebirth was wayne at his worst point ever..

Like Father Like Son was a near classic

500 degreez . Block is hot and Lights out were all very solid albums and some would argue lights out was wayne at his best..

For me Wayne was at his best between C1 and C2 (i.e Suffix)
 6 years ago '11        #117
sbrown1 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,244 | Props total: 598 598
like father like son is miles ahead of carter 4 nicca wtf u smokin... carter 4 is and was recycle bin status after less than 1 full playthrough, you can say i didn't give it a listen but cmon man he even gave tech 9 his own track he admittedly was outshined by niccas on his own fu*kin album he put that track alone so he didn't get ate up by techanina on his own sh*t like eminem always did to wayne... please go relisten to like father like son at least waynes parts and tell me what's not better
 6 years ago '11        #118
sbrown1 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,244 | Props total: 598 598
but look u need these dumbed down lyrics and female rap type tracks that wayne and drake deliver u so that u can relate to people when this music comes on in a club or at the crib... people like to fit in and act like wayne is just murdering it with his corny punchlines and metaphors... we in the same picture but we got different poses.... i mean how many times has that sh*t got recycled over and over again.... and the people on the mtv live show was like oooooooooooooh like he murdered it gimme a fu*kin break
 6 years ago '06        #119
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,578 | Props total: 4504 4504
 T R I L L said:
You can just read n*ggas posts and tell when they actually started listening to wayne and how old they are..
. Anyone who thinks Wayne wasn't at his best from 04-07 is smokin that sh*t. And Carter 1 & 2 Wayne>>>>>>>>this bullsh*t he's been puttin out since 08.
 6 years ago '04        #120
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8458 8458
Wayne didn't have to hide his masters in a vault that only n*ggas with fingerprint access could get to in protecting his sh*t from leaking.
Wayne didn't have to destroy a maybach
Wayne didn't have to open up a store in NYC to sell his sh*t.

Hov Is Ova..............
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
16 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy