Lil Wayne's 'Tha Carter IV' Likely To Double 'Watch The Throne' In Sales

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
93 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
83 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-04-2011, 11:12 PM         #81
I ito I  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Millerionaire87 said:

[pic - click to view]

Written by Michael Lambarde on Sep 04, 2011

Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter IV is expected to outperform Kanye West and Jay Z’s Watch the Throne, according to early iTunes sale estimates. It is expected that the first week of sales for Wayne’s ninth studio album, released last Sunday, will have brought in 850,000-900,000 sales.

In comparison, Billboard projected that the first week of sales for the highly-anticipated Watch the Throne album brought in 436,000 copies in the United States, which could mean that Wayne’s album could more than double the collaborative effort by Wayne and Jay-Z when the final numbers come in.

Wayne’s album, which was scheduled for a later release, but was ultimately put up on sale early five days early because of an online leak, could reach even up to a high-end 975,000 copies, according to HITS Daily Double. Not only did the album beat Watch the Throne, but it set a brand new digital weekly sales record, which was previously held by Jay-Z and West’s release in mid-August.

Wayne says he is “glad” that his album was illegally leaked early, forcing him to therefore release the official album.

“We did real good this time, real good,” Wayne told MTV’s Jim Cantiello. “It just means people want to hear it. I mean, ’cause there are people’s albums that come out that can be leaked and don’t leak, so I’m glad mines leaked.”

weezy sh*tted on em wit dat 1
 6 years ago '04        #82
hardcopyhc 
space
space
$1,291 | Props total: 155 155
I'm shocked yet I'm glad for him. I probably wont buy it but congrats to him.
 6 years ago '04        #83
F.D.Haters 
space
space
$833 | Props total: 0 0
 Smoke500 said:
Lol dude had MTV promotion and singles. WTT was based only on Jay and Ye announcing the album. Nothing more

That said, I am shocked by the sales. Tha Carter 4 is the worst album Wayne has ever made imo yet people bought it up. Kinda shocking...goes to show no matter people are in love with Wayne more than his music
Three singles...Magazine covers...I Am Music Tour....Kids...Of course Wayne gonna sell.
Jay and Ye' put out that "Black Album". No Promo, all coverage courtesy of various media outlets and word of mouth. Which album will you be bumping still tho around Thanksgiving?
 09-04-2011, 11:32 PM         #84
Marvin Hagler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dangerously said:
I didn't know Hagler was stanning for Batty Bois like Wayne

Wayne??? mayne fu*k that jeggings wearin f*ggit

he has no buzz... C4 is a flop... thank you Russell Crowe
 6 years ago '06        #85
Jayday00 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,284 | Props total: 4 4
Jay and Kanye's album was put out with little to no promotion.. They did it that way BY CHOICE.. They didn't make their album to sell millions in a week.. They did an album to their liking..

You don't think Jay and Kanye couldn't make an album full of mainstream radio friendly songs, and take longer to put it out while they invest tons of money into marketing it?

If it was said in the beginning.. Ok you are going to be releasing around the same time as Wayne and you guys gotta sell more copies.. it woulda went down different..

Jay is number one EVERY TIME his album comes out...

you kids are sick in the head talkin that "jay is done" sh*t...

Jay is numero uno.. and you know ur first in line to DOWNLOAD any material he drops..
 6 years ago '04        #86
PushaT5050 
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 25 25
Now a days....

More Sales = More of a sell out. More commercial. More a.ss & Tiddy Lyrics.
 09-04-2011, 11:49 PM         #87
I ito I  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 F.D.Haters said:
Three singles...Magazine covers...I Am Music Tour....Kids...Of course Wayne gonna sell.
Jay and Ye' put out that "Black Album". No Promo, all coverage courtesy of various media outlets and word of mouth. Which album will you be bumping still tho around Thanksgiving?

the carter iv...... not even you is listenin to wtt still..and if you are...i feel bad for you... go 2 datpiff and download the real is back 2 or suttin
 6 years ago '04        #88
JTwizzy 
space
space
$2,053 | Props total: 0 0
 1LynguisticMind said:
Waynes gonna out do Eminems first week
Yeah that's crazy but when you think about it, it's about the same numbers. I mean, 750k compared to 800k, that's close as sh*t. Even tho Wayne might top the first week sales, he won't top Recovery's overall sales.

Still, HUGE numbers for Wayne for today's trends.
 09-05-2011, 12:50 AM         #89
kjyo20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay z and Kanye still > then Lil wayne... difference between making good music and punch lines for 14 year old white suburban white kids
 09-05-2011, 01:13 AM         #90
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kjyo20 said:
Jay z and Kanye still > then Lil wayne... difference between making good music and punch lines for 14 year old white suburban white kids
how do you people come up with that conclusion??? you know how dumb yall muh fu*kas sound saying dat sh*t?? because im pretty sure yall know people 18+ years of age that listen to wayne...and do you know the majority of hip hop is supported by White's ??? yall making it seem like Waynes fan base is mostly kids which it isn'...for example my uncle is a Professor At Florida state university...Doctorate Degree Graduate and likes lil wayne...wayne last show in tampa he attended...and you know what was his review on the show?? he said "that was one of the best concerts he has ever went to!! and he see's why people like his music and he has came a loooong way based on the amount of White people that was at the concert"...and the same goes for Nas, Hov, Em, Ye and etc...young and even old white folks buy their music...dont get mad because black folks dont support their own kind and another race does...that just shows you how far black people have came....so when you say "oh Wayne has little White kids buying his sh*t just shows how much yall n*ggas be hating and try to discredit a n*gga...straight up
 6 years ago '10        #91
gbigham82 
space
space
space
$1,095 | Props total: 1 1
damn damn damn damn
 6 years ago '09        #92
RaIVIpAG3x 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,363 | Props total: 2729 2729
at the wayne groupies congrats to the man. unlike some of ya quality>>quantity imo, and if we're going off of that who's on the throne ?
 6 years ago '09        #93
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,447 | Props total: 8554 8554
i'm not seeing a cash money or a WTT check so i give no fvcks about sales.

i do care about the music and 'carter IV' is sh.it.

hip hop won tho, its a beautiful thing when n*ggaz are out selling lady gaga and beyonce.
 09-05-2011, 02:30 AM         #94
recklesss  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Carter IV was over-hyped. It's not a bad album, and it's not all that good. That's just my opnion. I say this because I have some songs I like, and others that I just skip.

I stopped listening to Jay long ago... Don't like the guy. Kanye good, but all I listen to is ppl rap about drugs (mainly weed), money and hos. That's just me though...
 09-05-2011, 02:31 AM         #95
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegoldenhero said:
damn carter 4 outdoing recovery first week? hard to believe probably won't sell as much worldwide but in US dude is huge still i thought his buzz was dieing down how wrong was i
 09-05-2011, 02:32 AM         #96
.aviator.man.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hmmm recovery sucked carter iv sucked both sold a sh*tload of records...where as wtt is dam near classic...white ppl won

to all aspiring rappers/artists WHACK MUSIC SELLS
 6 years ago '04        #97
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2834 2834
album sales are a thing because jay z made them a thing

you cant have lyrics like 'only people moving units is em pimp juice and us'

then say sh*t like 'men lie, women lie, numbers dont'

and have album sales be off the table after that
 6 years ago '10        #98
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
Good for Wayne, to bad it's one of the worst albums of the year so far.
 09-05-2011, 07:24 AM         #99
Prophecy_projet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's 975,000 people getting the album and going

But that's 975,000 people hearing Tech and Nas verses and going
 09-05-2011, 07:45 AM         #100
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SUHNAMI said:
Illstreet still hasn't surfaced Hagler out hear k!lling these Jay-Z Stans
This is like what, 8 times now you've mentioned me BY NAME in threads I haven't even been in or quoted me out of nowhere to make a dumbass comment when I've never even shared words with you?

I DON'T KNOW YOU!!!!!!!!!! WHO ARE YOU?

You only Signed up to BX like 2 WEEKS AGO?????

Why in the fukk are you stalking me/constantly thinking about me???? Did I say something bad about your favorite rapper and hurt your feelings?

All your posts about me in your mere two weeks here:

SUHNAMI said:
Are you that much of a d!ckrider?
 SUHNAMI said:
Why are you such a Jay-Z d!ckrider?
 SUHNAMI said:
You're a known d!ckrider/Jay-Z stan. Nobody takes you serious.
 SUHNAMI said:
You got Jay-Z's d!ck in your mouth right now
 SUHNAMI said:
inb4ILLSTREETd!ckrides
 SUHNAMI said:
inb4ILLSTREETd!ckridesJay-Z
 SUHNAMI said:
haven't seen illstreet
 SUHNAMI said:
Illstreet still hasn't surfaced Hagler out hear k!lling these Jay-Z Stans

Bruh what do you want from me?... A pat on the head? A Signed Picture? WHAT?

Last edited by Illstreet; 09-05-2011 at 08:10 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy