Been doing a juice detox for 17 days and lost 28 pounds

most viewed right now
When ya upstairs neighbors more petty than you
44 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Last Tango in Paris’ Rape Scene Was Not Consensual, Director Bernardo ..
91 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside University of Deleware
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 50 Cent & Jim Jones Show Love Last Night In Miami, Monsta In The Cut To..
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #321
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
yesterday i had a salad and a chicken burrito, but i also got a slow juicer. found the omega 8006 on sale at macy's from $380 to $260. Not bad for how much use I will get out of it. it can also make smoothies, grind coffee, hummus, noodles, salsa, etc. This week i'll be having juice for breakfast, a light lunch, and normal dinner. will still track progress.
 4 years ago '04        #322
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,240 | Props total: 674 674
At the end of 10 days, I'm at 253 lbs. A total loss of 18 lbs. I think I will stick with juicing for meal replacements... juice for breakfast and lunch, and a normal dinner.
 4 years ago '09        #323
heatrepeat 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,297 | Props total: 0 0
Any more progress from you guys? I've gone through this whole thread and now I'm inspired to go out and purchase all the equipment and start this up.
 4 years ago '04        #324
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
No progress from me. I have been just enjoying the summer. The nice weather, vacations, bbq's, etc... just gotta do this now and I will do a real fast in the next couple months. You definitely should get one. I feel great when juicing.
 4 years ago '04        #325
JFamis 197 heat pts197
space
space
$15,610 | Props total: 919 919
I was in a fourth car accident in June and have been juicing off and on. I'm down to a size medium shirt and size 33 pants at Old Navy.
 4 years ago '04        #326
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$18,230 | Props total: 2202 2202
 JFamis said:
I was in a fourth car accident in June and have been juicing off and on. I'm down to a size medium shirt and size 33 pants at Old Navy.

damn you stay getting in accidents .. hope your good
 4 years ago '04        #327
JFamis 197 heat pts197
space
space
$15,610 | Props total: 919 919
 Aesop730 said:
damn you stay getting in accidents .. hope your good
None have been my fault though. Got a concussion, fu*ked up my jaw and neck. Can't workout.
 4 years ago '04        #328
Thuggy C 
space
space
$1,567 | Props total: 29 29
 JFamis said:
None have been my fault though. Got a concussion, fu*ked up my jaw and neck. Can't workout.
You gotta stay out of cars my man. Ill pray for you though
 4 years ago '04        #329
Randeezle 
space
space
$2,211 | Props total: 399 399
I'm at 268.5lbs, kinda been going back and forth with the juicing and have decided to take another route.

I am now doing an intermittent fast. 16hrs I'll intake no calories, and 8 hours I'll ingest my daily required calories. Combined with a few cycles of the animal cuts supplement by universal, and a workout schedule I feel like I can make it happen.

This way now I can still eat satisfying meals (that are healthy), and not end up binging after a week of straight juice.
 4 years ago '10        #330
SandmanNyC 25 heat pts25
space
space
$3,931 | Props total: 885 885
wassap guys, i saw this thread awhile back and completely forgot about it. i watched that doc fat,sick, and neary dead, and that sh*t got me inspired, so this the 4th day i've been doing the diet, cheated twice already, but still lost weight. i had a grilled chicken on whole wheat w/ let and tom. No more cheating now though. I lost 8 lbs in 4 days. I'm 5'10 and was 205.

I'm sticking to the kale, cucumber, celery, apples and ginger drink. but to make it more nutritious, I've added spinach, dandelion root, carrots and arugula. the only fruit i put in is apples. i read in a few places you shouldn't mix any fruit other than apples with vegetables. other fruits have some sort of enzymes in em that take some of the nutritious value away, aka k!ll some of the vitamins or minerals. i'm surprised no one else brought that up.

btw the juice i'm making tastes pretty good. you get used to the ginger, and eventually like it. and there are so many health benefits with ginger as well.

some stuff i found:

To fully understand why you should not combine fruits and vegetables while juicing, you may want to get a book from the library about food combining.

When you learn about food combining, you will realize that certain foods work well together and other foods do not.

Vegetables require different enzymes for digestion than fruits. When you combine the two, you create bad digestion. Since the whole purpose of juicing is to improve your nutritional intake, mixing fruits and vegetables together is not a good idea because you sabotage your digestion which in turn hampers your ability to absorb the nutrition.

The only exception is apples which have a neutral effect and can be blended with vegetables.

Saying that, when you juice, you want to focus more on juicing vegetables than fruits anyway. It's better to eat fruits since fruits are easily digested and most of the health benefits, such as fruits ability to cleanse the body, are only obtained when eaten whole. Drinking fruit juice is more a treat. Fruits are just too high in sugar to be juiced all the time.

One possible reason why others say that you can juice vegetables and fruits is because they are in the business of selling juice machines. As a result, they need to make juicing glamorous and delicious in order to sell their juicers. But if you are serious about juicing, you will quickly realize that the sugar content of fruit makes them unsuitable for frequent juicing. Why? Because a sugar is a sugar is a sugar, no matter its form or origin. All sugars, in excess, lead to sugar related health problems — hypoglycemia and diabetes are the two most common sugar related health problems.
The principle behind food combining is that different food classes require different enzymes, different rates of digestion, and different digestive pHs for proper digestion. If the foods of the different food classes are combined incorrectly, the specific requirements for their proper digestion tend to cancel each other. For example, flesh foods require an acid media for digestion, whereas milk is highly alkaline, so it can neutralize the acid required for digesting the flesh foods. Fruit digestion results in the release of an alkaline secretion, which neutralizes the acid secretions, needed for protein digestion. Because of this, it is not a good idea to eat fruits and proteins at the same meals. Some foods are digested faster than others. If fast-digesting foods like fruits are held up in the digestive system for a longer time than necessary through being combined with foods that digest more slowly, fermentation takes place. For this reason, it is good for digestion to eat fruit and starches, which are digested slowly at different meals. Fruits and vegetables require different digestive enzymes, which tend to neutralize each other, so these too are best taken at separate meals. The simplest rule of food combining is to eat foods or combinations of foods that in our direct experience are easiest to digest. It is usually easy to digest foods from the same food group or from two compatible food groups. Vegetables should be eaten with protein meals and carbo meals. However, too much of even a single food is taxing on the digestive system. Easy to digest combinations include predigested proteins with vegetables or sweet or sub acid fruits.
just to give you an idea. i youtubed a bunch of other videos, and quite a few said the same.

Last edited by SandmanNyC; 07-21-2012 at 10:50 PM..
 4 years ago '08        #331
knowledge82 3 heat pts
space
space
$477 | Props total: 1 1
im thinking about this but wont i just put the weight back on once i revert to solid food again. no matter how clean my diet
 4 years ago '08        #332
jhgallo 
space
space
space
$134 | Props total: 0 0
Well congrats. Being doing nekkid juice for breakfast, green machine, subway lunch, and a normal dinner and have lost 35 pounds in a month. To clear up any confusion I was consuming about 4000 calories a day of terrible foods, and now 2000-2500 calories of "healthier foods" in my opinion. I was 280 but last night weighed in at 243, if important height is 6'3". Will say broken ankle pan is coming back, broke it about 15 years ago, but I'm a.ssuming that is weight change that is causing that. In short keep up efforts, and yeah u may wanna start incorporating some solid foods like u suggested but be smart with what u choose, as it appears u are gonna do.

Last edited by jhgallo; 07-22-2012 at 10:33 AM..
 4 years ago '09        #333
TriniSoldier 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$40,704 | Props total: 6 6
been off and on with this past 3 weeks or so along with a lot of working out. lost about 17-19 lbs, will be satisfied with another 20 loss

Last edited by TriniSoldier; 07-24-2012 at 01:30 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #334
Trill Livin 59 heat pts59
space
space
$13,501 | Props total: 2076 2076
wanna do this but doesn't like cost alot of money to maintain
 4 years ago '04        #335
Thuggy C 
space
space
Have you guys noticed any stomach fat reduction or any physical changes since losing so much weight. Im trying to lose some belly fat with this before i begin my process on getting jacked.

I start my diet today think ima begin with the Summer Sunset. Wish me luck guys
 4 years ago '10        #336
SandmanNyC 25 heat pts25
space
space
$3,931 | Props total: 885 885
 Thuggy C said:
Have you guys noticed any stomach fat reduction or any physical changes since losing so much weight. Im trying to lose some belly fat with this before i begin my process on getting jacked.

I start my diet today think ima begin with the Summer Sunset. Wish me luck guys
i'm on my 9th day today, and i lost 15 lbs. went from a size 36 waist to size 32. my stomach went down, but thats due to not having my stomach full all the time. there's a lotta belly fat left. the biggest change i saw was in my face, i had a double chin, and now i can actually see my jaw line. all i've gotten these past days are alotta compliments. i woulda quit the 4th day, but the compliments kept me going letting me know this is actually workng.

imma get off this tom, but i'm gonna have this juice everyday for the rest of my life. its the truth.
 4 years ago '04        #337
Thuggy C 
space
space
Nice. I used the ebook and juiced up starting today. Entered the day at 255 wanna get down to 230 or so. I thought the juicer would make more juice but it had HELLA pulp. Filled the cup perfectly but i thought it would fill the entire pitcher. Messy as hell. Guess Ill be back at it in a few hours. Crazy thing is this cup has me feelin great lmfao
 4 years ago '04        #338
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
I'm back on this. There was about a 5-6 week window this summer where I drank heavily every weekend and fast restaurant/fast food all the time. And I ate until I was completely stuffed almost every meal. Ballooned up to 249 lbs. I started back on the juice diet a week ago (last monday), dropped 15 lbs in 6 days. Day 6 and 7 I juiced all day and had a healthy dinner. This week M-F i'll be strictly juice. Going to juice the entire month of August, and not a drop of alcohol. I may have some meals once in awhile, but only dinner and they will be healthy home-cooked meals. I will post the results at the end of the month. I'm weighing myself every few days.
 4 years ago '10        #339
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,722 | Props total: 45 45
bump.
 4 years ago '08        #340
Crankdatkfc 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,069 | Props total: 88 88
How about a re-up on the ebook?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
144 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
60 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Amy Schumer Playing ‘Barbie’
68 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Bad Left Hook Gives A Detailed Analysis On Whether Conor McGregor Can B..
55 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay
48 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
176 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
154 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy