Been doing a juice detox for 17 days and lost 28 pounds

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #201
blaznfor20 242 heat pts242
space
space
$2,471 | Props total: 51 51
That doc. is thr truth. That truck driver lost hundreds of pounds
 6 years ago '04        #202
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
What type of juicer are people using? I'm going to cop one today...
 6 years ago '04        #203
Randeezle 
space
space
$2,350 | Props total: 838 838
Morning of day 8, down 19.4lbs.
 6 years ago '05        #204
MSSoldier 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,959 | Props total: 1461 1461
so i downloaded the book and sh*t and got some fruit n stuff....but it seems like its not enough lol do i add water or somethin like a smoothie?
 6 years ago '04        #205
Randeezle 
space
space
You can do a smoothie but If it was me I'd just use more produce to get more juice.

8 days ago I was reading this thread just like you guys were. I watched the documentary and got inspired like some of you are now. If you're on the fence, man... just go for it. It's going to cost you potentially more depending on your current eating out/grocery bills but the weight will just melt off you bruh!

Stay committed to the program and it will reward you handsomely.

Man... 8 days ago I was damn near 20lbs heavier. You know how many miles I had to run at the marina to lose 20lbs bruh? A lot.

This is my go-to program for weight loss moving forward.
 6 years ago '05        #206
Tha Boss 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$18,165 | Props total: 24544 24544
what kind of juicer do you have (do you recommend a heavy duty one or will any kind do) and how much on avg do you spend a week on the grocery bill>
 6 years ago '06        #207
old-skool 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,131 | Props total: 1378 1378
 Tha Boss said:
what kind of juicer do you have (do you recommend a heavy duty one or will any kind do) and how much on avg do you spend a week on the grocery bill>
Same question. Worried about the grocery bill Dont wanna be spending too much. Also if you guys gym while on this diet?

Last edited by old-skool; 06-09-2012 at 07:28 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #208
JFamis 235 heat pts235 OP
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 Tha Boss said:
 old-skool said:
Same question. Worried about the grocery bill Dont wanna be spending too much. Also if you guys gym while on this diet?
Heavy duty. I used a Jack Lelane at first, but it broke a week and a half after I bought it. This is the juicer I use, which is the same as the one in the documentary...

[pic - click to view]

Do not work-out while you're on this diet. Maybe some brisk walking, but that's it...
 6 years ago '04        #209
Randeezle 
space
space
I bought this one, but ended up giving it to my little brother.

[pic - click to view]

Then I bought this one. It's not the top notch model but for $150 it was the price I was willing to pay.

[pic - click to view]

Morning of Day 9, down 18.2lbs...

Got around the family last night, convinced myself I needed a reward for 8 days of commitment and had some henny + lasagna.

Enjoyed the sh*t outta it, no regrets, back on the horse today.

RE: Gym

Folks say you're not supposed to work out hard, but I go on the bowflex and do dumbell exercises every other day or so.

Sunday I'll be doing a 5 mile walk/jog at the Marina w/ my lil bro.

Last edited by Randeezle; 06-09-2012 at 11:11 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #210
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
Id say the best bet for fruits and veggies is to hit up a farmers market because the fruits and veggies at a normal grocery store can be expensive, such as meijer or Kroger.

I about to go to eastern market in Detroit this afternoon, cuz usually they are trying to get rod of veggies by the caseload.
 6 years ago '05        #211
bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 128 128
What if I ate Tuna each day for 3 weeks? The tuna salad consumed per day wouldn't exceed 1k calories. How many pounds do you guys think would be lost?
 6 years ago '04        #212
Randeezle 
space
space
iono about a tuna salad diet.

I doubt it'll work as well as straight juice, you will be astounded by how well a juice fast works.

As for farmers markets, we thought the same thing re: price.
I can't speak on every farmers market, but the one we went to was the highest rated on yelp in the region and was more expensive than our local grocery store.

The produce is too expensive to hit your top tier grocery stores, go to your bargain spot.
In my region it's called Food Maxx, I know yall have something kinda like that in your area.

Get the produce you can afford and juice that. Don't get hung up on whether it's organic, just make sure you soak your green veggies in water that has a lil' white vinegar in it. That's the best way to rinse off the dirt and whatever other contaminants that could've been sprayed on it.

Listen to my girl Carla spit that real talk

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Randeezle; 06-09-2012 at 12:38 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #213
JFamis 235 heat pts235 OP
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 bullack86 said:
What if I ate Tuna each day for 3 weeks? The tuna salad consumed per day wouldn't exceed 1k calories. How many pounds do you guys think would be lost?
Eating tuna every day isn't good for you. And if you're talking tuna salad with a mayo based dressing, definitely not. When you juice, you're not only at a calorie deficit...
 6 years ago '04        #214
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
Just went to meijer, target, sears, bed bath and beyond, and best buy, and none of them have the juicer I want. Smh.
 6 years ago '07        #215
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,073 | Props total: 1845 1845
Yo Rand, can you post a pic of what it looks like after you put the fruits and veggies through the juicer? My sh*t be having 3 levels to it lol
 6 years ago '04        #216
Randeezle 
space
space
Thats totally normal Jeet. Some juices are more dense than others so if they sit long enough the fluids will separate on their own.

I was just explaining this to my lil' cousins last night.

Not my picture, but check the green jars in the back and how they're separated by layers of juice.
I use the same exact jars as this picture and this closely resembles my fridge's top shelf.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #217
space
space
Thanx Rand, How many jars do you go through a day?
 6 years ago '04        #218
Randeezle 
space
space
I usually go through 2 or 3 in a day.

I've found the more water you drink in between juice meals the more weight I drop.
 6 years ago '07        #219
space
space
nice. would prop you but I have to spread some before I can prop again. Will prop when I can.
 6 years ago '06        #220
old-skool 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,131 | Props total: 1378 1378
Officially starting this tomorrow :)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy