J.Cole - Cole World:Sideline Story already #3 BEST SELLING hip hop album

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #61
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,331 | Props total: 1654 1654
 Wasted said:
Am I the only one that hate "The Sideline Story?" Should be just Cole World.
Nah, I got used to it. I can see him using the Cole World name again for the next album
 6 years ago '05        #62
Sub Crazy 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,837 | Props total: 2717 2717
Contrary to popular belief, J.Cole has a buzz.

My sister, one of the most mainstream people I've ever known loves J.Cole. Last time J.Cole came here he sold out.
 6 years ago '05        #63
Sub Crazy 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,837 | Props total: 2717 2717
 Hiphopknowledge said:
I Like J.cole But Let's Be Real Big Sean and Wiz Had A Bigger Buzz Then him right now He Is Getting No Radio Play And That Hurts Because Not Everybody Checks For new Rappers Over The Internet He Has Some Loyal Fans But So Does Alot Of Artist And They Still Don't Sell Let's Hope White People Like Him
You're underestimating the power of the internet.
 6 years ago '06        #64
Hussle 36 heat pts36
space
space
$4,698 | Props total: 248 248
 J Rob said:
Wiz and Sean have a lot of bandwagoners in their fanbase though. Once the next hot artist comes on the scene, they'll jump ship.

Cole is doing this with no major hits.....even Who Dat did better than Work Out.

I'm expecting him to do about 80-90K, which is crazy for a new artist who's never had a true hit single.
Maybe in America but Workout has been #1 here (New Zealand) on our main Hiphop radio station (Mai FM) for the whole week
 6 years ago '05        #65
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Hussle said:
Maybe in America but Workout has been #1 here (New Zealand) on our main Hiphop radio station (Mai FM) for the whole week
NZ > Australia. Australia doesn't even play Drake songs; the radio stations here only play Em. Weak
 6 years ago '10        #66
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,405 | Props total: 2352 2352
Anyone kno how many new tracks are going to be on the album I kno he added some from his mix tape
 08-31-2011, 07:29 AM         #67
K dot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Waiting for this to LEAK!!!
 6 years ago '11        #68
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
That's informed hip hop fans on message boards..you underestimate the power of hip hop blogs like hotnewhiphop for the casual hip hop fan..I've seen regular dudes/girls who listen to nothing but the most mainstream sh*t post a Los or Slaughterhouse song.
 6 years ago '05        #69
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Hiphopknowledge said:
The hole internet is saying the carter 4 sucks and Its still selling Because Alot Of People Still only listen to the radio And Tv That's Why Drake Nicki Lil Wayne Sell Because There All Over The Radio
Radio doesn't mean sh*t. B.o.B was all over the radio but he didn't sell well.
 6 years ago '10        #70
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
$1,332 | Props total: 35 35
 Hiphopknowledge said:
Lupe had to Sell his soul Just to sell 100k every successful Rapper has made commercial singles to sale And it's not helping That Jay z not promoting him like he did kanye

I Give Him 40-75k depending on How That trey Songz Single Do When He Release It
Lupe sold 200k records his first week. Without a radio single at the time. With essentially the same formula as J.Cole touring,touring and more touring. Cole has toured non stop for 2 years, and as a result he is #3 on Amazon and this is just preorders, which is a strong indicator. Don't be suprised if Cole breaks or get very close to 100k, but a true fanbase is something very few artist have. How do you think Jay has 450k people buy his record every time he release one? The Radio is viritually useless.

Last edited by hustlershope84; 08-31-2011 at 08:08 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #71
space
space
word of mouth + blogs + youtube is just as big as radio/tv.

those music television networks like MTV don't even play music too often on their main stations.
 6 years ago '08        #72
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23316 23316
 Hiphopknowledge said:
The hole internet is saying the carter 4 sucks and Its still selling Because Alot Of People Still only listen to the radio And Tv That's Why Drake Nicki Lil Wayne Sell Because There All Over The Radio
don't let the vocal minority fool you dude. boxden, sohh, and the people on twitter talking about how wack it is 9 times out of 10 downloaded the album.
 6 years ago '09        #73
rexplosive 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$958 | Props total: 271 271
Considering the fact that Who Dat is his highest viewed video onyoutube @ 10million he won't be selling that much compared to say Drake who was @ like 50+ million with best i ever had, and like 20+ million with over/find your love
 6 years ago '05        #74
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
So many people want J. Cole to lose, but he's not going to lose no matter what he sells. He is his own man; dude pretty much built his own buzz without any hot commercial singles, features or gimmicks. He has gotten here based on pure talent alone. That's something to commend.
 6 years ago '04        #75
young $ 2 heat pts
space
space
$659 | Props total: 11 11
been saying he built up at the right thime... cole s*itting on u hatters... he cant get a feature from jay, he aint got a relase date, blah blah blah
 6 years ago '11        #76
space
space
Lmao..why are you comparing J Cole to Drake? his music is no where near as commercial sounding as Drakes..J Cole isn't going to sell 400k his first week like Drake, the goal as fans is for him to sell enough where he's not forced to put out some Lasers type bullsh*t in the future. 100k - 150k his first week would be great.

I expect J Cole to sell more than Drake but Big Seans hipster image is more appealing to people than his actual music..J Cole doesn't have an image like that besides being a regular good dude who makes good music..that's his entire image..his music is marketable but not J Cole himself.
 6 years ago '09        #77
rexplosive 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$958 | Props total: 271 271
Question how come some people have Caps On All The First Letter Of All the Words They Write

is it a phone thing? It's really fu*ked up to read

Also I like J. Cole, but he's his own worst enemy

Who wouldn't make a proper video to In The Morning, and barely anything ever to promote himself
 6 years ago '05        #78
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 spittapilottalk said:
Lmao..why are you comparing J Cole to Drake? his music is no where near as commercial sounding as Drakes..J Cole isn't going to sell 400k his first week like Drake, the goal as fans is for him to sell enough where he's not forced to put out some Lasers type bullsh*t in the future. 100k - 150k his first week would be great.

I expect J Cole to sell more than Drake but Big Seans hipster image is more appealing to people than his actual music..J Cole doesn't have an image like that besides being a regular good dude who makes good music..that's his entire image..his music is marketable but not J Cole himself.
I know, right. People are pathetic.

Hiphopknowledge said:
Nooooo I want j.cole to sell So more real Artist Can Come Out And Feel Good Im just saying Thats How The Game Work Until People Stand Up And Demand Real music

Think About It How Many Classic Albums Have Went Platinum?

Nah, I'm not saying you want him to lose, I was referring to the haters who constantly said Cole wasn't coming out with an album, he'd never get a Jay feature, etc. Cole pretty much chin checked these idiots this month, like, he literally went through the Hater Checklist and ticked every box off. Even had that Rihanna s3xtape buzz going

I want his debut to be a great stepping stone for what's next in store for Cole; I hope it gives him more of a platform, a bigger fanbase and larger access to more talent so that he'll flourish. He deserves more than Big Sean, man. Dude's too talented to be limited to a small crowd.
 6 years ago '05        #79
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 rexplosive said:
Question how come some people have Caps On All The First Letter Of All the Words They Write

is it a phone thing? It's really fu*ked up to read

Also I like J. Cole, but he's his own worst enemy

Who wouldn't make a proper video to In The Morning, and barely anything ever to promote himself
Cole isn't a marketing genius, but I'll give you a few POSITIVES in his marketing approach:

1. He decided to do Any Given Sunday, instead of releasing a mixtape. Every damn week, this dude gets exposure on EVERY rap/music blog talking about AGS for that week. Imagine if he released 1 mixtape, he wouldn't get a steady flow of attention.

2. When he posted the tracklist on his Twitter, he could've just posted a link to his blog listing all the songs. He waited 6 HOURS to do everything. Song by song. You know every tweet he sent out was retweeted by more than 100+ people? Imagine if he sent out one link to the tracklist. He actually thought about it. Tweeting the tracks 1 by 1 = more tweets and retweets about him and his music.

3. He didn't want the critics to spill the beans. He gives surprises (Jay being on the album, Missy being on the album) so that people have something to talk about leading up to the album's release.

Trust me, Cole thinks about these things. Don't be surprised if he releases a song with Kendrick in the coming weeks. It's part of his strategy He knows his image is weak, so he's trying to find a workaround to compensate for that.
 6 years ago '11        #80
space
space
exactly..J Cole will never have that image of a Wayne or a Jay-Z because he's not that type of dude, he's not arrogant..he's a regular humble dude. He doesn't have the image of something who's super arrogant like a Kanye and he's not goofy/corny appealing like a Drake.

He's a super intelligent dude though, he plans out his every move whether it's music, release dates, etc. That's whats going to give him a long lasting career if he never becomes a "mega superstar"
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
282 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
52 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
44 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
18 hours ago