How Wiz Khalifa Made $11 Million In 1 Year

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Boose just dropped album of the year with Boopac :chuuch:
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '05        #41
hanis 
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 1 1
 Bsktballa20 said:
He takes 100% profit from each one of his shows, since its just him and a DJ playing tracks. Wasn't anything special about his show just came out did his thing and left. Went back stage smoked and banged sorority girls. (pre-Amber)
what?!?!! no artist ever, in the history of the music business has ever gotten 100% profit off a show... you really have no clue whats involved in putting together a show when you say some sh*t like that. DJ makes money yes, he makes money yes, his management take 20%, whoever his tour manager is (separate from regular manager) takes probably 5%-10% per show, on top of that he has to give something to atlantic, no new rapper has a deal that excludes the label completely from all money the artists takes in, just some have a better split than others, a non-360 deal doesn't exist for people who haven't at least had a couple of albums out, no matter what they tell you, again some people have much better splits than others but it doens't mean they don't give up something in the exchange....

and where in the world do you think this guy really took in 11 mil? sure his gross could have been 11 mil, but lets take out taxes at least 40% with federal and state, living expenses, taking care of family, taking care of his friends, then factor in all his management fees probably close to 25% all said and done, 5% to his lawyer for sure, he is lucky to have walked away fro 3.5mil... thats an insane amount of money for someone like wiz to take in a year after its all said and done, but you people act like everybody who is in entertainment doens't have to pay taxes and their employees like every other business
 08-30-2011, 05:42 PM         #42
Bsktballa20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hanis said:
what?!?!! no artist ever, in the history of the music business has ever gotten 100% profit off a show... you really have no clue whats involved in putting together a show when you say some sh*t like that. DJ makes money yes, he makes money yes, his management take 20%, whoever his tour manager is (separate from regular manager) takes probably 5%-10% per show, on top of that he has to give something to atlantic, no new rapper has a deal that excludes the label completely from all money the artists takes in, just some have a better split than others, a non-360 deal doesn't exist for people who haven't at least had a couple of albums out, no matter what they tell you, again some people have much better splits than others but it doens't mean they don't give up something in the exchange....

and where in the world do you think this guy really took in 11 mil? sure his gross could have been 11 mil, but lets take out taxes at least 40% with federal and state, living expenses, taking care of family, taking care of his friends, then factor in all his management fees probably close to 25% all said and done, 5% to his lawyer for sure, he is lucky to have walked away fro 3.5mil... thats an insane amount of money for someone like wiz to take in a year after its all said and done, but you people act like everybody who is in entertainment doens't have to pay taxes and their employees like every other business
I know its not 100% but compared to a electronic DJ or a Rock Band, Wiz wore the clothes already on his back, had a DJ press play on a CD and used venue lighting and sound system. IT was a lot cheaper. And thanks for all your stats, wish I would have taken the time to read it..
 6 years ago '05        #43
hanis 
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 1 1
 Bsktballa20 said:
I know its not 100% but compared to a electronic DJ or a Rock Band, Wiz wore the clothes already on his back, had a DJ press play on a CD and used venue lighting and sound system. IT was a lot cheaper. And thanks for all your stats, wish I would have taken the time to read it..
you're proving your stupidity, but pretend to not have read the facts and keep living in a fantasy world where you idolize another mans money, money which he doesn't really have
 08-30-2011, 06:02 PM         #44
Bsktballa20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hanis said:
you're proving your stupidity, but pretend to not have read the facts and keep living in a fantasy world where you idolize another mans money, money which he doesn't really have
Interesting.. I believe I called him mediocre at best. Looks like your the sorry one whose wannabe rap career didn't pan out and now your stuck defending Wiz on Boxden.
 6 years ago '10        #45
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
am i the only one who notice how much the edited buddy in the orioles hat? He was prob saying some bs
 6 years ago '04        #46
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Bsktballa20 said:
He takes 100% profit from each one of his shows
 Bsktballa20 said:
I know its not 100%

Anyway, although I respect any cat who becomes a legitimate success, I still can't support Wiz.

To the dude who said Wiz made his $11M after "Kush & OJ", that's the whole point. He went from being a down to earth, honest artist with no gimmicks to a walking trend wh0ore who found the ultimate formula for radio-friendly generic music.

To keep it 100, I didn't like the original Wiz at all when all he did was rhyme about smoking weed, having money, and fu*kin' other dudes' girls, but then I realized at least he's keep it real and rhyming about what he knows. Nothing more, nothing less.
 6 years ago '04        #47
ddubb21 
space
space
$2,140 | Props total: 4 4
lol 7 min suckfest like somebody said. and a misguided one at that. u lost me when u called wiz khalifa "truly independent" huh? just because he wouldnt go on tour with drake? he had a fanbase but NOBODY IN MAINSTREAM WHITE AMERICA and outside the hip hop community fu*ked with wiz until Black and Yellow. which was on Atlantic's dime. "he had a deal then he left a deal" Huh? then he signed another one over a year ago.. lol wtf is this sh*t ?
 6 years ago '07        #48
MFKAD 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$1,181 | Props total: 32 32
does odd future make that much per shows? 100 k?

Last edited by MFKAD; 08-30-2011 at 07:16 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #49
CamoBoxers 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,667 | Props total: 11 11
 hanis said:

Let's not forget that Wiz spends 10k a month on weed too...thasss like 120k a year on weed n*gga
 6 years ago '05        #50
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,195 | Props total: 11803 11803
Valerie Lora

Good 4 Wiz. Now drop a mixtape that's good n*gga.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago