Official Madden 12 Discussion Thread | keep all Q's/comments here

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #141
shortz 36 heat pts36
space
space
space
$6,609 | Props total: 1509 1509
someone give a n*gga sum real tips
 6 years ago '08        #142
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 116 116
 shortz said:
stop being a scrub?
 6 years ago '10        #143
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
 shortz said:
there's no magic button you can hit to automatically make you beat the lineman. like dude said, you have to use the right stick to pull of the different line moves. also know what type of rusher you have and pay attention to matchups. you can use the formation packages at the playcall screen to try and get yourself a better matchup against a weaker offensive lineman
 6 years ago '08        #144
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
here is my tip, beast with a MLB.
 6 years ago '06        #145
csarvis3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,257 | Props total: 443 443
Any tips on the free agent bidding. By the time I look St the players available a lot are already signed to other teams. I got a dynasty with my brother and it is seriously impossible to do bidding for two teams
 6 years ago '04        #146
fame614 220 heat pts220
space
space
$5,713 | Props total: 354 354
anybody want to trade for Tarvaris Jackson on MUT
 6 years ago '04        #147
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
 csarvis3 said:
Any tips on the free agent bidding. By the time I look St the players available a lot are already signed to other teams. I got a dynasty with my brother and it is seriously impossible to do bidding for two teams
Just think about what you need before you go in there. Free agency should never be about who's the best available so you should always go in knowing what you want. Another big part is knowing how much you want to pay for them. Take a look at your own roster beforehand to see how much you're willing to spend to sure up a certain position. For instance, I desperately needed another OLB to go opposite of Clay and I was willing to pay big money for one. Clay's current contract in my franchise (5 year $30 million) isn't necessarily chump change and for a player of his caliber I'd gladly pay the premium. The same would be true for the linebacker on the other side if he is as good. So I use Clay Matthews' contract as a threshold. So knowing that, I enter free agency and immediately look at all applicable positions. Not just OLB, but MLB and 4-3 defensive ends as well (they translate well between positions). Go in and immediately look at their age and overall. It helps if you know these players and know how they tend to play in real life (IE a fast pass-rushinglinebacker is great for a 3-4 on the game). Age is important because you don't want to spend a ton of money on someone who'll retire soon or who'll start degrading. Then you look at price and if you like what you see, bid. Honestly this process doesn't take longer than a few seconds because with the tips provided above you've already eliminated a majority of the thinking. All that's left to think about is age and price and that can be determined in the snap of a finger.

TL;DR version - don't go into free agency blind. Know what you want to get out of it and go into it expecting to not get what you want. Don't spend too much time watching other teams drive the price up on a player if you see a price you like. Bid on him right there and then let them counteroffer. After you have bid on a player, don't go from position to position checking the status on them. They have an "offers placed" section so you can keep an eye on all of them at the same time. Each player has about 1:30 before they sign and you should be able to go through all the positions you want in well under 30 seconds. If you go in there like a kid in a candy store, you're going to be disappointed because you won't be able to take home all the candy no matter what.
 6 years ago '10        #148
stv18 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,622 | Props total: 101 101
Any one know when the real 53 man rosters will be up?
 6 years ago '11        #149
sosobased 
space
space
$975 | Props total: 3 3
get an offensive scheme.

dont just call random plays.
 6 years ago '04        #150
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
the servers are terrible I was winning 21-7 and it said you have been removed from the game due to network time out yet im still online........ makes no sense

they gave me the L even tho im winning
 6 years ago '09        #151
Tiko377 1860 heat pts1860
space
space
$15,201 | Props total: 8929 8929
 stv18 said:
Any one know when the real 53 man rosters will be up?
Guessing sept 10
 6 years ago '07        #152
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
Anyone up for labbing tonight?

Wanna work on some stuff on both sides of the ball.

KING xMontyx
 6 years ago '07        #153
theFREAK 3682 heat pts3682
space
space
$53,683 | Props total: 38504 38504
Anyone know when the next roster update for 360 is??
 6 years ago '08        #154
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
is it me or when im getting blown out, it gets worse and worse. like its fumbles and interceptions galore....
 6 years ago '05        #155
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,933 | Props total: 6182 6182
 Gmengfx said:
i have mixed feelings about the graphics. sometimes it looks better, then other times it looks like some ps2 sh*t. like the kick offs.

one thing i like about it is, if my WR is open. HE IS OPEN. last year he would look wideeee open then you throw it and some how he is magically double covered.

crying about a halftime show? who the fu*k watches that, thats something the first time you get the game you watch, then you just X it. i x it fast a muhfu*ker anyway.

CONS:
i hate the tackling kinda, i hate how they always fall so forward (i no it helps me on offense) but when im on D is annoying as sh*t.

i hate the new kicking system. last year was so much better

i hate the noise it makes everytime you highlight a player

i hate how sh*tty the plays look. it looks like some ps2 sh*t. like the actual "playbook"

i hate how madden will never realize we want realistic highlights at the end of the game, not some random 1 yard carry that ment nothing.also other game highlights. that would be awesome

but overall i like it. I never cry about madden i just buy it the first day, and ride it out till next year. So all the "cons" im not crying about it just my personal review of whats good whats bad
As far as the have time show. The Nfl is big on presentation. The half time recape is a huge part of the overall game. Just sucks that EA does not understand this and 2k does. EA does not understand how much the presentation makes the whole experience of the game great. As far as the game goes I think its ok did it warrant going buying right now I think it all depends on if a person has money to waste.
 6 years ago '12        #156
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 Quddus said:
As far as the have time show. The Nfl is big on presentation. The half time recape is a huge part of the overall game. Just sucks that EA does not understand this and 2k does. EA does not understand how much the presentation makes the whole experience of the game great. As far as the game goes I think its ok did it warrant going buying right now I think it all depends on if a person has money to waste.
What??? Lmfao

I have NEVER in 15 years of playing Madden EVER hoped or wanted or wished for a fucjing halftime show you weird piece of sh*t.
 6 years ago '12        #157
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 e G o Maniac said:
I'm about ready to be done with online play. Tired of running into the eagles EVERY TIME I want to play. That sh*t gets old. I'll stick to online franchise and wait until mid-season where everyone is done with the Eagles high.
I play the Eagles a sh*t load too but they r easy to beat.
 6 years ago '07        #158
theFREAK 3682 heat pts3682
space
space
$53,683 | Props total: 38504 38504
Anyone know when the next roster update for 360 is?????
 6 years ago '05        #159
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
^should be tomorrow according to EA
 6 years ago '09        #160
stxbreed 
space
space
$2,433 | Props total: 214 214
how the fu*k can you win on all madden!!! sh*t cheats like a muhfu*ka
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
20 comments
1 day ago