Steve Stoute On Jay-Z Responding To Lil Wayne: “Jay Is SO MUCH Bigger Than Rap At This Point.”

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-28-2011, 01:31 PM         #81
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
I told some kid this in his own thread. The media does Jay's work these days. Its fu*king surreal when the media takes sides in any conflict. That's how big this n*gga's image is right now.
You must be new to the media, every American news station/media outlet is biased...
 08-28-2011, 01:39 PM         #82
dizzydev513  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HOW IS JAY BIGGER THAN HIP HOP WHEN HIP HOP MADE HIM WHAT HE IS TODAY. JAY Z SCARED. WHAT MAN IS SCARED TO SPIT A FEW BARS AT SOMEBODY DISSIN EM? A SUCKA... IF Jay the best rapper he should have no problem tearing lil wayne to pieces pause
 08-28-2011, 01:40 PM         #83
Freeze Me  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A beef wouldn't do anything positive for Jay right now.All it would do is hurt his business.It's hard enough for a n*gga like him to get people to do business with him as it is.He's built a reputation outside of rap that he has to maintain.

Imagine what a song like "Super Ugly" would do for him(business wise)if it were to come out right now.Where he's calling out names and rapping about fu*king n*ggas baby mamas and leaving rubbers in baby seats and all types of sh*t haha.That sh*t might be good for BEEF but BEEF is not good for BUSINESS.He can't go that way no more unless he's willing to take the hit to his pockets.These Suits he's dealing with don't like being a.ssociated with that type of sh*t.So that's where the sneak dissing and the lil jabs here and there come in.That's just how I see it.That's the only way that makes sense.Because I'm a fan of both but its obvious who is lyrically supreme.Jay would rip Wayne apart.

It should be Birdman and Jay battling anyway.That's who Jay been sh*tting on this whole time.Wayne just in riding for his"daddy" lmao

Last edited by Freeze Me; 08-28-2011 at 01:43 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #84
Prjhov03 
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 27 27
When did this big lip f*ggot become untouchable??? Get em wayne, expose that clown!
 6 years ago '05        #85
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,284 | Props total: 675 675
 s7venwords said:
He's above this.
he started this.. what are you fu*king retarded?
 6 years ago '05        #86
C. Wat 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,972 | Props total: 999 999
 psylence2k said:
sad thing is Jay probably believes this shyt as well. His arrogance is unbelievable.

How the F are you bigger than the culture that literally made you who you are ??? Jay knows without rap he would be dead or in jail somewhere, and without those hundreds of millions that rap helped him generate then Oprah or Beyonce wouldn't give a F about his character or his intelligence.

Even at this point , with all his success, its stupid to say that because his legacy as a RAPPER is what is the foundation for all his other ventures. His image and popularity off RAP is what allows him to be marketable for half his ventures, the other half he is able to do because of the amount of money he has to invest which also traces back to his original hustle which is rap. Talk about forgetting where you came from, him telling his fans and the hip hop community in general " I've outgrown the culture, I dont have to abide by the same rules" is the same type of disrespect a child commits if he tells his parents " I'm too successful and rich now to a.ssociate with yall, I'm too busy to contact or talk with you guys anymore " .

Then again this shyt doesn't surprise me because Jay has always had the mentality of a selfish hustler, and the sad thing is deep down he probably doesn't give a F about his core fans outside of their purpose of feeding his bank account and his ego. He looks at them no different than the fiends he use to serve on the street, just customers who he needs for a buck. Jay's philosophy seems to be to utilize everything and everyone around him to any extent without having to return any favors. I can't necessarily say this is wrong because there's no rule of law that says you should look out for your fellow man or even those who have looked out for you but to deny that's what he's doing is foolish.

After this there is nothing else to be said, the absolute truth.
 6 years ago '06        #87
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,430 | Props total: 788 788
Why would he respond to Wayne??? Wayne has some of Jay's lyrics tattooed on him...why would this not be a regression come on people
 6 years ago '06        #88
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,430 | Props total: 788 788
 Prjhov03 said:
When did this big lip f*ggot become untouchable??? Get em wayne, expose that clown!
How could Wayne expose anybody??? Wayne got his a.ss beat at my undergrad for trying to take a dude's girl, we have all watched Wayne grow up so this a.ssertion that he could expose anyone is beyond me.

I mean did Wayne do the fast track program to becoming a blood, bc he's been in the public eye for 15 years now and he went from wobbidy wobbidy to being a grown blood
 6 years ago '11        #89
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,518 | Props total: 38 38
Him beefing with Wayne is like Jordan coming out of retirement again to play against the Heat. Stoute is right. Jay isnt a full time rapper any more. Notice how he only does an album every 2-3 years. And between albums you only hear a handful of verses that 9 times out of 10 somebody probably asked him to do. So why would he go song for song with Wayne or anybody else if he already rarely releases material?
 6 years ago '11        #90
space
space
 Freeze Me said:
A beef wouldn't do anything positive for Jay right now.All it would do is hurt his business.It's hard enough for a n*gga like him to get people to do business with him as it is.He's built a reputation outside of rap that he has to maintain.

Imagine what a song like "Super Ugly" would do for him(business wise)if it were to come out right now.Where he's calling out names and rapping about fu*king n*ggas baby mamas and leaving rubbers in baby seats and all types of sh*t haha.That sh*t might be good for BEEF but BEEF is not good for BUSINESS.He can't go that way no more unless he's willing to take the hit to his pockets.These Suits he's dealing with don't like being a.ssociated with that type of sh*t.So that's where the sneak dissing and the lil jabs here and there come in.That's just how I see it.That's the only way that makes sense.Because I'm a fan of both but its obvious who is lyrically supreme.Jay would rip Wayne apart.

It should be Birdman and Jay battling anyway.That's who Jay been sh*tting on this whole time.Wayne just in riding for his"daddy" lmao
this. Birdman is still mad that Wayne was gonna leave for Rocafella back in the day so he always says slick sh*t about Jay to pit Wayne and Jay against eachother.
 08-28-2011, 02:44 PM         #91
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bigger than Rap????....now i see whats going on here..n*ggas making excuses for Jay Rightnow so when he doesnt respond the idiots that dont know any better; this would be the reason/excuse for them to believe "why he didnt"

but you gotta give it to steve mann..because this is the perfect way to defend a coward at its finest !!!!!

now watch all the Hov fans run with the exact same sh*t Steve just said....#SadAsfu*k
 6 years ago '04        #92
bakeram4 
space
space
space
$556 | Props total: 4 4
he is bigger than hiphop at this point. look at the man's brand and status. I don't see how yall can say otherwise. sayin' he's larger than hiphop in no way suggests he's better than pac/big/ whoever, it just clearly states the obvious. The man's a cultural icon, not just for rap, but as a successful minority(*chappelle voice*n*gga).
 6 years ago '11        #93
space
space
 mrwills said:
PEOPLE... Let's not forget that Jay is the one who sent out those jab at Wayne in H*A*M... SO it was only respectable for Wayne to get back at Jay to show that he can hold it down for his YMCMB camp!!!!
No, Jay send jabs at Birdman and Birdman was like and made Wayne say something back. Birdman started this sh*t.
 6 years ago '06        #94
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
I dont give a fu*k. My n*gga Jay was known as a rapper when he came in the game. Rap is a sport. Lil wayne is real popular and there is no excuse for Jay not to eat that n*gga alive right now. If he dont get at him, then that n*gga Jay scared.... and Im a big jay fan.
 6 years ago '11        #95
space
space
 CIDF said:
Jay-Z is bigger than rap and you and yo bi*ch know it. jay would eat n*ggas heads of like he ate dmx's head off back in the day. nobody in the game can fu*k w jay he left the game behind
Nobody has actually seen the DMX battle so how does anybody actually know who won?
 6 years ago '07        #96
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
If it's that serious he needs to retire. Period. Stoute gave a cliche cop out.
 08-28-2011, 03:04 PM         #97
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pkilla111 said:
i don't run rap nomore i run the map. :agreement6:
so if this was Hov vs Drake; would you be in here praising hov??
 08-28-2011, 03:05 PM         #98
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bruce Leeroy said:
If it's that serious he needs to retire. Period. Stoute gave a cliche cop out.
yes he fu*kin did
 08-28-2011, 03:13 PM         #99
Queenie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that sh*t that wayne shot was garbage. jay knows it and sweating it. maybe if it was better to get a response, he would
 08-28-2011, 03:18 PM         #100
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pkilla111 said:
i don't run rap nomore i run the map. :agreement6:
Illuminati style.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago