Steve Stoute On Jay-Z Responding To Lil Wayne: “Jay Is SO MUCH Bigger Than Rap At This Point.”

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
152 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
197 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
Flatbush85 53 heat pts53
space
space
$14,381 | Props total: 660 660
Nah you have blinders on. ON a worldwide level 50 Cent and Eminemm sh*t on Jay-z, they do real tours and sell tickets not just festivals which they do as well. 50 out sold Jay's when they performed in the same venue in Africa after 50 fell off in 2008 and then again in morrocco this year. With 80,000 people.

JAY-Z is not an icon over seas unless you want to count the UK and canada

50 sold just as many records as Jay in half the time, even if he keeps going gold he will pass jay
Exactly. That whole Rocafella era Jay was a domestic artist. There where underground legends like Big L who had bigger fanbases than Jay. Jay is playing catch up.
 6 years ago '10        #22
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
 Michael_Moore said:
if Jay truly believes this himself, then get out the game & stop rappin' then...keep your old a.ss behind the desk,climb the corporate ladder and leave hip hop for the peasants...stop planting both feet in two gardens...

sh*t is like Kobe being on the court with Lebron in the finals & Kobe saying he's too prestigious to take the winning shot...if you say you're the best then prove it or get the fu*k off the court.
Good point.

Jay is a livin legend at this point.

Just because your 'corporate' doesn't mean you can't engage in a lil rap competition
 6 years ago '04        #23
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,791 | Props total: 1796 1796
sad thing is Jay probably believes this shyt as well. His arrogance is unbelievable.

How the F are you bigger than the culture that literally made you who you are ??? Jay knows without rap he would be dead or in jail somewhere, and without those hundreds of millions that rap helped him generate then Oprah or Beyonce wouldn't give a F about his character or his intelligence.

Even at this point , with all his success, its stupid to say that because his legacy as a RAPPER is what is the foundation for all his other ventures. His image and popularity off RAP is what allows him to be marketable for half his ventures, the other half he is able to do because of the amount of money he has to invest which also traces back to his original hustle which is rap. Talk about forgetting where you came from, him telling his fans and the hip hop community in general " I've outgrown the culture, I dont have to abide by the same rules" is the same type of disrespect a child commits if he tells his parents " I'm too successful and rich now to a.ssociate with yall, I'm too busy to contact or talk with you guys anymore " .

Then again this shyt doesn't surprise me because Jay has always had the mentality of a selfish hustler, and the sad thing is deep down he probably doesn't give a F about his core fans outside of their purpose of feeding his bank account and his ego. He looks at them no different than the fiends he use to serve on the street, just customers who he needs for a buck. Jay's philosophy seems to be to utilize everything and everyone around him to any extent without having to return any favors. I can't necessarily say this is wrong because there's no rule of law that says you should look out for your fellow man or even those who have looked out for you but to deny that's what he's doing is foolish.
 08-28-2011, 09:57 AM         #24
Michael_Moore  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Gooneyz said:
Bigger than rap? These bastards have become the same people that the artform was originally a cry out against. fu*kin house nigg3rs.
 08-28-2011, 10:01 AM         #25
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:
Sending out negative sublims about other rappers is moving backwards. Running from thier response is being a coward.
Art Of War for rappers' right there.

Last edited by s7venwords; 08-28-2011 at 10:04 AM..
 08-28-2011, 10:03 AM         #26
I ito I  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who ever thinks Jay Z doesnt need to respond back clearly has no idea wtf happened
 6 years ago '05        #27
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,333 | Props total: 1656 1656
 Michael_Moore said:
if Jay truly believes this himself, then get out the game & stop rappin' then...keep your old a.ss behind the desk,climb the corporate ladder and leave hip hop for the peasants...stop planting both feet in two gardens...

sh*t is like Kobe being on the court with Lebron in the finals & Kobe saying he's too prestigious to take the winning shot...if you say you're the best then prove it or get the fu*k off the court.
This. Hip-Hop isn't pop or rock. Rap itself was built around competition. It would be a regression for Jay to entertain a beef, but unfortunately in this culture, things work differently. If someone challenges you, you're not supposed to back down.

Jay subliminally dissing everyone is a bi*ch move, anyway. Jay doesn't want to bear the risk/repercussions of a full blown beef but still wants to throw low blows at rappers. What kind of sh*t is that
 6 years ago '05        #28
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Da Gooneyz said:
Bigger than rap? These bastards have become the same people that the artform was originally a cry out against. fu*kin house nigg3rs.
Agreed.
 6 years ago '10        #29
t from the 617 
space
space
$3,698 | Props total: 6121 6121
co-sign dude that said no single rapper is bigger than hip hop

this looks like some sh*t jay's publicist would write and then attribute it to steve stout to help push that book they mentioned he's putting out
 08-28-2011, 10:15 AM         #30
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I ito I said:
Who ever thinks Jay Z doesnt need to respond back clearly has no idea wtf happened
He's above this.
 6 years ago '04        #31
nwo504 31 heat pts31
space
space
$13,039 | Props total: 6774 6774
if jay aint dropping an album soon he wont respond
 6 years ago '08        #32
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
 6 years ago '08        #33
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
 Left Hook said:
This. Hip-Hop isn't pop or rock. Rap itself was built around competition. It would be a regression for Jay to entertain a beef, but unfortunately in this culture, things work differently. If someone challenges you, you're not supposed to back down.

Jay subliminally dissing everyone is a bi*ch move, anyway. Jay doesn't want to bear the risk/repercussions of a full blown beef but still wants to throw low blows at rappers. What kind of sh*t is that

You claim to be a jay fan but if u were u'd know damn well jay been subliminally dissing n*ggaz BEFORE ether...."dissing jay will get u mased"
 6 years ago '05        #34
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 The Blueprint said:

You claim to be a jay fan but if u were u'd know damn well jay been subliminally dissing n*ggaz BEFORE ether...."dissing jay will get u mased"
When did I say Jay didn't subliminally diss before Ether? That's exactly the point. Jay loves to diss subliminally.
 6 years ago '10        #35
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
 Kingme said:
Sending out negative sublims about other rappers is moving backwards. Running from thier response is being a coward.
Nah. Sending out subliminals are pretty much the only outlet he has because of his stature.

He can't afford to suffer the embarrassment or negativity in the press about engaging in a rap battle with someone. It would make it look like he views some other rapper to be on his level and quite frankly he doesn't rap with a battle mindset anymore so it would be a huge risk to his career if he's viewed as losing.

The only person that is powerful and legitimate enough to ignite a rap battle with Jay is Eminem. And Jay-Z would run and hide from that, no doubt.

However, sending subliminals is easy and low risk.
 08-28-2011, 10:46 AM         #36
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nwo504 said:
if jay aint dropping an album soon he wont respond
Eh, but Jay never really used beef as a way to sell records ala 50.
 6 years ago '11        #37
RAWshadTX 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,648 | Props total: 1059 1059
I really can't believe n*ggas are actually comparing Jay's success to 50's success. Thats two different levels and Jay is a thousand feet above 50.

On the real, Jay could respond. I feel like if he does it won't be a direct shot, it will be subliminal as usual though. The article is right though, Jay has an image now, if he goes into a full war with Wayne via diss tracks it will regress him in a sense of his image, but honestly, when a n*gga calls your wife a bi*ch and said he gonna kidnap her, man, IDK, lol.

Rumors have it that Kanye and him suppose to perform tonite at the VMAs and if he does HAM, I will die laughing.
 08-28-2011, 11:05 AM         #38
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RAWshadTX said:
On the real, Jay could respond. I feel like if he does it won't be a direct shot, it will be subliminal as usual though. The article is right though, Jay has an image now, if he goes into a full war with Wayne via diss tracks it will regress him in a sense of his image, but honestly, when a n*gga calls your wife a bi*ch and said he gonna kidnap her, man, IDK, lol.
Yeah that line was hard, but I really think they are sparring.
 6 years ago '04        #39
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,791 | Props total: 1796 1796
 The Blueprint said:

that line was 3 years after Ether
 08-28-2011, 11:22 AM         #40
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
that line was 3 years after ether
sonned
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
175 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
123 comments
2 days ago