Wale Unlocks Rick Ross' C.O. Image, "I Don't Care What Anybody Say"

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
210 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
69 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
6202 pageviews
82 comments

SM 38162 heat pts38162
space
space
$127,792 | Props total: 67040 67040
Wale Unlocks Rick Ross' C.O. Image, "I Don't Care What Anybody Say"

Maybach Music Group's Wale recently talked about his admiration toward label boss Rick Ross or why haters need to find a better critique than him previously working as a correctional officers prior to launching a rap career.

Along with defending Ricky Rozay's image, Wale described the Boss as a certified musicial pro.

"That dude is a genius," Wale said, referring to Ross. "I don't care what anybody say. That's my brother. He's a genius. I've seen him work from the business side, I've seen him work on the street side. People don't know Ross, man. They think, 'Oh, C.O.' I know C.O.s, dog. The dude's gettin' the money doing that other thing. I know that! We come from that. I'm not by any means a trap dude, but I know that. My best friend doin' six, got six left to do...That's what the most important thing is: Someone that you can look them in the eye and say, 'I put my heart and soul into this album. I want you to put it out-- as is.' I never had that luxury. With my previous situation, people wanted the luxury to say, 'But you didn't do this, but you didn't do that.' ... They tell me 10 things, and I do nine of them, and when their plan didn't work, they blame it on the one thing I didn't do." (BET)

Recently, West Coast hip-hop newcomer Kreayshawn took a shot at Ross' street cred.

"I'm about to grab a knife, you tryin' to play me like a boss/But you faker than Rick Ross/I'll f*cking cut your d*ck off/Like Lorena Bobbit/Yeah, I'm Kreayshawn, and you can't stop it." ("Cosmic Kev")

Last April, rapper Shyne aired out Ross for his past ties.

"The difference between me and everybody else, I was talking to Fat Joe the other day when he was like, 'Yo, it's entertainment,' and I was like, 'That's the difference between me and a former correction officer or any of these other dudes.' It's not entertainment for me. You dig? Whatever I give you, is me...[I'm definitely talking about] Rick Ross. Absolutely. He's the only officer I know that's a rapper. I don't know anybody else that used to be a cop that raps...Hip-Hop comes from the gutter, it's from the struggle, from the dudes that's in prison so for a dude that used to lock dudes in, for the dude that used to be like, 'Yo, on the wake up! You got a visit,' for that dude to turn into the biggest gangsta rapper is like shocking to me. I don't even understand that. That makes no sense to me..." (Superstar Radio)

Despite the hype surrounding his image, Mobb Deep's Prodigy recently defended Ross.

"Rick Ross is just one rapper out of many that we've been reaching out to," P added. "Number one, aight, he a correction officer. Aight, so what? I know a lot of cops, I know a lot of corrections officers. I know some people that's on the other side of the criminal sh*t -- and just because you got that job or whatever, whatever, that doesn't necessarily mean that you a part of the people that's trying to target us and f*ck with us. Not all of the law enforcement gets down like that. It's a select few of them that do...That doesn't bother me that he was a corrections officer. Like, so what?" (This Is 50)

[pic - click to view]

Wale Unlocks Rick Ross' C.O. Image, "I Don't Care What Anybody Say" | SOHH.COM

82 comments for "Wale Unlocks Rick Ross' C.O. Image, "I Don't Care What Anybody Say""

6 years ago '11        #2
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
Bawse gets so little credit for his music, last 2 albums were nothing short of great.
 08-28-2011, 01:37 AM         #3
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good read mann !!!!
 6 years ago '05        #4
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,331 | Props total: 1654 1654
Ross makes good car music. That's all I care about
 6 years ago '04        #5
Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,315 | Props total: 1241 1241
Wale you will release 1 album under MMG and then maybe become a hype man after...
 6 years ago '04        #6
EscoNore 67 heat pts67
space
space
$11,446 | Props total: 172 172

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #7
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,582 | Props total: 9 9
Trappin is for fu*kin Ruh-tards.....
 6 years ago '04        #8
kreuzberg61 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 133 133
"I'm about to grab a knife, you tryin' to play me like a boss/But you faker than Rick Ross/I'll f*cking cut your d*ck off/Like Lorena Bobbit/Yeah, I'm Kreayshawn, and you can't stop it." ("Cosmic Kev")
 6 years ago '04        #9
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,111 | Props total: 10 10
i can barely make it through a rick ross verse, let alone an album. hes the first rapper ive seen that gets credit for classic albums off beats alone. it feels like 80% of so called rap/hip hop fans care more about how the beat sounds in their car than what the rapper is saying. ill listen to a dude rapping over the sound of him bangin on a table as long as hes sayin somethin worth listening to. ive tried listening to ross, he just sounds so boring. plus to know every last thing he says in a rap is fabricated, ill never understand how someone can listen to him
 6 years ago '04        #10
MALIS 
space
space
space
$2,775 | Props total: 1706 1706
 haff3131 said:
i can barely make it through a rick ross verse, let alone an album. hes the first rapper ive seen that gets credit for classic albums off beats alone. it feels like 80% of so called rap/hip hop fans care more about how the beat sounds in their car than what the rapper is saying. ill listen to a dude rapping over the sound of him bangin on a table as long as hes sayin somethin worth listening to. ive tried listening to ross, he just sounds so boring. plus to know every last thing he says in a rap is fabricated, ill never understand how someone can listen to him

VERY TRU....n*ggaz like ross is sad and no im not hatin....ross is trash..u like the beats he on u should be bangin the beats not the trash ross spit on them

Last edited by MALIS; 08-28-2011 at 02:27 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #11
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 haff3131 said:

Listen to this man.

08-28-2011, 02:35 AM         #12
Rowe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i personally have never taken away his talent as a music artist... he knows how to make hit songs...

but that doesnt mean i wanna support some nig whos glorifying a life he didn't live. its not just ross that does this either but... hes the 1 who was put on blast w/ facts so u know, he has to be the scapegoat.
 08-28-2011, 02:38 AM         #13
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Vancouver said:

Listen to this man.

these young kids aint tryna to to me what you listen to is kinda of a direct impression of who you are as a person...so n e one bumpin raaawse to me is phony
 6 years ago '06        #14
morrow05 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 189 189
 Cornhusker said:
Anybody who fu*ks with Ross is a f*ggot.
n*gga you wish you was in Ross's shoes right now instead of talking sh*t on boxden.

Last edited by morrow05; 08-28-2011 at 02:43 AM..
 08-28-2011, 03:15 AM         #15
Trendsetter305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hip hop is so sad nowadays

6 years ago '04        #16
Merle 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,795 | Props total: 0 0
 Cornhusker said:
Unless you're a girl

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #17
D-ROCK 14 heat pts14
space
space
$533 | Props total: 26 26
Talk about misappropriation: Video interview with NBC Nitecap TO BET TO Sohh...and Rick Ross said thatz what he was doing as a C.O. workin wit n*ggaz on da inside on BET in an interview w/Big Tigger...but my thing is whether it's true or not, why dry-snitch on yaselves lol they just gon keep saying da same sh*t till somebody believes em and that somebody gon be 5-0
 08-28-2011, 04:19 AM         #18
VigilanteSeason 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
Ross makes good car music. That's all I care about
:agreement6:
 6 years ago '10        #19
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
fu*k rick false
 6 years ago '11        #20
megalomaniacal 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,658 | Props total: 4763 4763
 Cornhusker said:
i fu*ks with the biggest boss

u and the rest these geeks aint gone do sh*t about it
u clowns type with so much force
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
82 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
21 hours ago