Breaking down the beef between Lil Wayne & Jay-Z

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
63 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

In the end..Who will win this beef?
Lil Wayne 5 62.50%
Jay-Z 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
8769 pageviews
25 comments

Ari Gold 316 heat pts316
space
space
$15,219 | Props total: 1283 1283
Breaking down the beef between Lil Wayne & Jay-Z

[pic - click to view]

Lil Wayne and Jay-Z are arguably the two biggest names in the hip-hop game. So what happens when these power houses decide to turn on each other? A little friendly competition never hurt anybody, but what's the deal with these two?

They've collaborated on Jay-Z's 2007 "Hello Brooklyn," Lil Wayne's 2008 "Mr. Carter," and the insanely popular "Swagga Like Us" with T.I. and Kanye West also in 2008, which shows they haven't always been at odds.

But sometimes friendships, especially in hip-hop, have been known to go sour.

In case you missed it, the lyrics making headlines since yesterday off Lil Wayne's "It's Good" are as follows...

Talkin’ ’bout Baby money? I got your Baby money / Kidnap your bi*ch, get that how-much-you-love-your-lady money

Here Lil Wayne semi-explicitly threatens to kidnap Beyoncé, a ’90s style rap-beef scenario that we rarely ever hear anymore. Yeah, he took it there.

The shots Lil Wayne took came as a response to Jay-Z's "H.A.M." diss which dropped back in early January. Jay's line is as follows...

I’m like really, half a billi, n*gga? Really, you got Baby money? / Keep it real with n*ggas, n*ggas ain’t got my lady money

So how did this all start? What probed Jay-Z to go at Lil Wayne and Baby earlier this year? Is this just a friendly beef or something more? We broke it down for you starting from the very beginning.

In this 2009 interview, Birdman states that Lil Wayne is lyrically better than Jay-Z. He also claims that Lil Wayne has more money than Jay.

[video - click to view]

Jay-Z later responds to Birdman's accusations while on Hot 97 with Angie Martinez.

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Then in 2010 when Forbes released their annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings list, Jay-Z ranked in at #1 with $63 million in earnings while Lil Wayne came in at #4 with $20 million in earnings, about 1/3 less than jigga man, clearly proving Baby's 2009 claims to be wrong.

[pic - click to view]

It wasn't until January 2011 when Jay finally came back at Lil Wayne and Baby via his "H.A.M." lyrics.

Although Baby aka Birdman was constantly put on the spot by interviewers regarding Jay's lyrics, he didn't seemed to be phased by it. He took to Twitter to subliminally instigate the situation but he never came out with anything too intense:

[pic - click to view]

http://i.imgur.com/mSoJ7.png

Then in March 2011 Lil Wayne was interviewed by MTV's Sway where he addressed the situation. When Sway brought it up, Lil Wayne said he wasn't looking to start another competition with Jay.

[pic - click to view]

Lil Wayne Addresses Some Jay-Z Lyrics In 'H.A.M.' | News Video | MTV

Fast forward to August 2011 and Lil Wayne surely did respond to Jay-Z.

Where do we go from here? Only time with tell.

25 comments for "Breaking down the beef between Lil Wayne & Jay-Z"

6 years ago '10        #2
ImSoThoed 418 heat pts418
space
space
$1,901 | Props total: 20 20
My son da best, he make da most money.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #3
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17250 17250
It goes no where because the camel can't do anything about this situation, he already used his "my camel money is better then yours" sh*t and like Game said the 45 year old camel is to reserved to even try to do a wild diss like Wayne,Game,2pac,ect would do with ease, he ain't built to go battling with wild minded rappers so he won't even try to respond, he will look foolish trying to go into that realm.
 6 years ago '08        #4
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,842 | Props total: 12549 12549
 The N said:
It goes no where because the camel can't do anything about this situation, he already used his "my camel money is better then yours" sh*t and like Game said the 45 year old camel is to reserved to even try to do a wild diss like Wayne,Game,2pac,ect would do with ease, he ain't built to go battling with wild minded rappers so he won't even try to respond.

Get a hobby
 08-26-2011, 10:33 PM         #5
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The N said:
It goes no where because the camel can't do anything about this situation, he already used his "my camel money is better then yours" sh*t and like Game said the 45 year old camel is to reserved to even try to do a wild diss like Wayne,Game,2pac,ect would do with ease, he ain't built to go battling with wild minded rappers so he won't even try to respond, he will look foolish trying to go into that realm.
 6 years ago '05        #6
Ari Gold 316 heat pts316 OP
space
space
 The N said:
It goes no where because the camel can't do anything about this situation, he already used his "my camel money is better then yours" sh*t and like Game said the 45 year old camel is to reserved to even try to do a wild diss like Wayne,Game,2pac,ect would do with ease, he ain't built to go battling with wild minded rappers so he won't even try to respond.
Wayne isn't Game,50 cent,Beans, or Joe Budden....Wayne is one of the GOATs like it or no BX folks..He's as high as it gets right now status wise.Jay CAN'T just ignore it like he's some bum or has been trying to reignite his career
 6 years ago '10        #7
space
space
 The Blueprint said:

Get a hobby
Your name is "The Blueprint", you will always be biased towards Jay-Z. :jay:
 08-26-2011, 10:36 PM         #8
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 itzjmoney510 said:
Wayne is one of the GOATs
 08-26-2011, 10:37 PM         #9
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay aint gonna do sh*t

who has the get yo shine on blimp birdman gif

Last edited by Nasty Neighbor; 08-26-2011 at 10:40 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #10
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
forbes isn't accurate lmao
 6 years ago '10        #11
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 itzjmoney510 said:
Wayne isn't Game,50 cent,Beans, or Joe Budden....Wayne is one of the GOATs like it or no BX folks..He's as high as it gets right now status wise.Jay CAN'T just ignore it like he's some bum or has been trying to reignite his career
50 is more popular then wayne and he will never reach 50's popularity in 03 04 05
 6 years ago '08        #12
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
 itzjmoney510 said:
He is one of the big names of this generation for sure, Jay z can ignore it but keep in mind
he asked for this type of reply from wayne, did he expect YM/CM not to say anything?.

But the problem is like I said Wayne can diss Jay z ruthlessly and say all types of wild sh*t but
the camel can't and will never be able to do that, read that slowly camel warriors Jay z can't never say anything like wayne just did to him.
 08-26-2011, 10:45 PM         #13
ceo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hope Jay-z destroys that gremlin
 6 years ago '10        #14
space
space
 ceo said:
I hope Jay-z destroys that gremlin
Jay-Z aint destroying nothing with his subliminal rapping a.ss.
 6 years ago '08        #15
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
 The Blueprint said:

Get a hobby
Making you mad is my hobby:dancingcool:
 08-26-2011, 10:53 PM         #16
ceo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Smooth Brother said:
we'll see
 6 years ago '05        #17
Ari Gold 316 heat pts316 OP
space
space
 Dextromethorphan said:
50 is more popular then wayne and he will never reach 50's popularity in 03 04 05
despite record sales 50 was hot in 02-03 that's all.I don't care what anyone says. YOU believed he was popular during those years but there isn't and album or mixtape after GRODT worth listening to

plus wayne has already reached that and more...GTFOH you hater!
 6 years ago '08        #18
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
 Smooth Brother said:
Exactly he can't match what has been done to him, he would look foolish talking wreckless at 50 years old.
 6 years ago '11        #19
apexape 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,094 | Props total: 1337 1337
at this point, in rap career, business and in life, i really dont think hov has anything else to lose. Even if wayne drops another ether, what could that really do to hov

srsly
 08-26-2011, 10:58 PM         #20
ceo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy