Did 'The Carter 4' Leak Kill Wayne's Chance At Crushing 'The Throne'?

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
92 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Will The Carter 4 leak affect sales?
YES 82 50.31%
NO 81 49.69%
Voters: 163. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-25-2011, 02:50 AM         #1
11039 pageviews
112 comments

s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Did 'The Carter 4' Leak k!ll Wayne's Chance At Crushing 'The Throne'?

[pic - click to view]

D*mn. Cole World. Just days before Weezy's highly anticipated Carter 4 was set to drop, the album found its way online and became available to the world via free download.

[Editor's Note: The views expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect those of SOHH.com]

Be clear: The Carter 4 is out. Unofficially. And if illegal downloads counted toward moved units, there's a very good chance its headed toward gold at this very moment.

Speaking of gold status, Watch The Throne recently earned a gold plaque -- nearly two weeks after its release. Considering there was no leak up to the night of its release, many expected it would sell alot more, alot sooner.

Which leads to our question of the day: Considering that The Carter 3 hit plat in a week despite a massive leak, is there still a chance Wayne's latest album could commercially crush the Jay-Z/Kanye project?

The Carter 4 has an impressive list of guest features, a wide range of producers and the legacy of the Carter series on its side. While the hype can't compare to WTT, positive word of mouth following the leak may help push it past gold within the first week.

Negative opinons about the album, however, may hurt sales tremendously.

Even if Lil' Tunechi is fails to topple The Throne, he may still draw blood, as The Carter 4 contains a couple of retaliation shots aimed directly at Mr. and Mrs. Carter.

"Talkin' 'bout baby money, I gotcha baby money," Wayne raps. "Kidnap your b*tch get that how much you love your lady money / I know you fake, n*gga / Press your brakes, n*gga / I'll take you out, that's a date, n*gga / I'm a grown a** blood, stop playing with me / Play a**hole, and get an a** whippin' / I think you pus*ycat, hello kitty." ("It's Good")

Time will tell if Jigga takes the bait.

SOHH Watcha Think -- Did The Carter 4 leak hurt Wayne's chance at crushing The Throne?

[pic - click to view]

Did 'The Carter 4' Leak k!ll Wayne's Chance At Crushing 'The Throne'? [Click Here & Speak] | SOHH.COM

112 comments for "Did 'The Carter 4' Leak Kill Wayne's Chance At Crushing 'The Throne'?"

08-25-2011, 02:51 AM         #2
yeugkk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
even though WTT was better than C4...all of the production on WTT was handled by kanye

itd be a better comparison of a weezy n drake project to WTT than c4

lets be fair n*ggas
 08-25-2011, 02:58 AM         #3
Contagioso  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no.

Carter IV being an AVERAGE album at most k!lled Wayne's chance at crushing "The Throne".
 6 years ago '05        #4
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,221 | Props total: 9629 9629
it leaking what, 2 or 3 weeks before it's release date didn't k!ll it last time. i'm thinking 5-600K copies sold first week??
 6 years ago '11        #5
Can Knee Bus 
space
space
$716 | Props total: 438 438
" I invented swag", at 41 years of age C4 gunna k!ll WTT
 6 years ago '05        #6
9ine 
space
space
$290 | Props total: 60 60
 WCIB said:
it leaking what, 2 or 3 weeks before it's release date didn't k!ll it last time. i'm thinking 5-600K copies sold first week??
I think he'll be lucky to get that. C3 was a better album and lollipop was iconic and generated him more buzz along with A Milli. New day, different buzz. Especially considering we had half the album over a span of a few months! 6 foot created nowhere near what lollipop did for him. Hope I'm wrong but like I said in the other thread, this will hurt YMCMB til Drizzy the great comes to save the day in bouta month n a half. Album is mediocre at best.
 6 years ago '04        #7
RaMArQabLe 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$161 | Props total: 25 25
 Can Knee Bus said:
" I invented swag", at 41 years of age C4 gunna k!ll WTT
are you remedial? The fact he is 41 is the reason he said that line... I'm not saying he did or didn't but he believes he's been around before "swag" was "swag".
 6 years ago '06        #8
thugged 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$2,139 | Props total: 536 536
Damn he not only dissed jay..but bey as well
 6 years ago '05        #9
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 9ine said:
I think he'll be lucky to get that. C3 was a better album and lollipop was iconic and generated him more buzz along with A Milli. New day, different buzz. Especially considering we had half the album over a span of a few months! 6 foot created nowhere near what lollipop did for him. Hope I'm wrong but like I said in the other thread, this will hurt YMCMB til Drizzy the great comes to save the day in bouta month n a half. Album is mediocre at best.
6 foot 7 wasn't meant to be lollipop, it was meant to be a milli to be honest... i see what you're saying though. how to love and she will are top ten songs in the country though, so that helps. my estimation of losing 40 percent off of a million first week of Carter 3 is steep, but 600K is still A LOT of albums sold first week in 2011.
 08-25-2011, 04:13 AM         #10
lyonsm316  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is boxden talking. There are still thousands possibly hundreds of thousands of young girls that will pick this album up.
 6 years ago '04        #11
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,898 | Props total: 2529 2529
 WCIB said:
im from an era where they use to sell 5 to 10 million records and you considered that classic material. why the numbers so low???

i been out the mainstream media for awhile
 6 years ago '05        #12
Toy Solja 
space
space
$1,712 | Props total: 61 61
:wtf: Who the hell sold 5-10 mill first week?

Last edited by Toy Solja; 08-25-2011 at 04:59 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #13
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 SpyDa said:
im from an era where they use to sell 5 to 10 million records and you considered that classic material. why the numbers so low???

Toy Solja said:
:wtf: Who the hell sold 5-10 mill first week?
yeah i'm confused as well, but he meant total copies sold, not first week.

numbers are low because of downloading pure and simple. but at this point i think his post was sarcasm?
 6 years ago '04        #14
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,587 | Props total: 4028 4028
You notice EVERYONE has to adapt what Jay & Kanye do ? Thats the definition of a legend . Nobody compares Jay-z to anyone everyone is compared to him .
 6 years ago '06        #15
AF1PIMPN 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,313 | Props total: 66 66

Pimp'n Says: C4='Piss On Da Seat & $h!t In Da Throne'
 08-25-2011, 06:13 AM         #16
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SpyDa said:

???

Sheeeeeit, I'm from an era where selling 50,000 was once a crowning achievement.
 6 years ago '04        #17
IllmaticReignz 
space
space
$2,213 | Props total: 757 757
nah a weak album ruined the chances. All albums leak. except...................
 08-25-2011, 06:27 AM         #18
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fameus said:
You notice EVERYONE has to adapt what Jay & Kanye do ? Thats the definition of a legend . Nobody compares Jay-z to anyone everyone is compared to him .
I compare Jay to B.I.G. .
 6 years ago '07        #19
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,551 | Props total: 1164 1164
Look at all the camel warriors

When C4 outsells WTT still they gon be mad

As yall idol and god says Men Lie, Women Lie, Numbers Dont
 08-25-2011, 06:52 AM         #20
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
As yall idol and god says Men Lie, Women Lie, Numbers Dont
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
20 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
73 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
130 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy