Kevin Hart X-mad card
61 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
120 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #81
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1575 1575
It's illogical to compare athletes to employees of corporate america. An accountant, broker, etc does not represent the product, they simply create it. An athlete is the product. Telling him to not get tattoos, jewelry etc is essentially changing the product, which a human is not. So this goes beyond just business whether he meant it to or not.
 6 years ago '04        #82
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,191 | Props total: 3339 3339
 0ddJoB said:
Right, but if I said anything about a black persons personality traits you guy would call me a racist white boy
That's because your description of black people "personality traits" would be filled with stereotypes, generalizations, hear-say, and opinion. That's why you would get called a racist.
 6 years ago '04        #83
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,613 | Props total: 4064 4064
Do people even read anymore or do they just jump to conclusions and twist things so they can have an arguement ? If you bothered to read you would see that this took place at the PRE DRAFT meeting basically an interview to see if he is worth the investment . He is a reflection of his company he basically said i like the way you present yourself and id prefer if you dont get any tattoos . Realisitcally what can he do if he gets one ? NOTHING . Thnk of it like this if you had a hotel and you interview someone as a manger and they are clean cut for the interview and on day 1 they have a bright red mohawk , youd say wait a minute this isnt who i interviewed .
 6 years ago '05        #84
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,960 | Props total: 10887 10887
It seems and sound kind of racist despite other players that are tatted up. But this is a franchise QB were talking about which is the most popular position of sports. Jerry is trying to protect his products, but this does seem fishy. But it is what it is.

48 - 18 STRK: 3 w in a row WIN PCT: 72% 38 (+1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 20-14, Rank #101 | Aug 16: 163-114, Rank #57 | Aug 15: 638-305, Rank #25 | Aug 14: 350-224, Rank #32 | Aug 13: 442-331, Rank #18 | Aug 12: 1015-657, Rank #9 | Aug 11: 2019-1239, Rank #4 | Aug 10: 1992-1221, Rank #6 | Aug 09: 767-342, Rank #8 *
 6 years ago '04        #85
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,081 | Props total: 4427 4427
 refuze said:
ol conservative a.ss motherfu*ka
im far from a conservative and i think men with earrings in general look stupid

and tattoos on anyone are stupid as hell

but at the same time if you want to look like a jack a.ss with all that sh*t drawn on you then go ahead
 6 years ago '04        #86
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,081 | Props total: 4427 4427
 Gatorfan2611 said:
It's illogical to compare athletes to employees of corporate america. An accountant, broker, etc does not represent the product, they simply create it. An athlete is the product. Telling him to not get tattoos, jewelry etc is essentially changing the product, which a human is not. So this goes beyond just business whether he meant it to or not.
athletes are the product and in the nfl the qb is usually the main selling point for every team
 6 years ago '04        #87
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,613 | Props total: 4064 4064
Are people so bored that they are actually looking for racism ? If this was another North Carolina professional sports team owner talking to one his newest drafree it would be such a non story . If this was Michael Jordan saying to his his top pick "look i like how you dressed very presentably , your the face of the team i didnt need tattoos i dont you should get any either" . Thats basically what was said .
 6 years ago '04        #88
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,191 | Props total: 3339 3339
 0ddJoB said:
Just like what he did when he said "most white people".

I'm not even white I'm just a realist bro.
We just need to understand this one concept. Everyone is an individual, different period.
 6 years ago '04        #89
TeflonDon 
space
space
space
$2,139 | Props total: 46 46
Basically he doesn't want him to be viewed like Vick or AI. He can't really do anything about it besides make the request. Steinbrenner used to do the same thing and ask players to be clean cut and stuff like that.
 6 years ago '09        #90
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,431 | Props total: 12370 12370
 Fameus said:
Are people so bored that they are actually looking for racism ? If this was another North Carolina professional sports team owner talking to one his newest drafree it would be such a non story . If this was Michael Jordan saying to his his top pick "look i like how you dressed very presentably , your the face of the team i didnt need tattoos i dont you should get any either" . Thats basically what was said .
I would say the same about Jordan too. Richardson isnt why I'm saying its racism. The reason why Richardson told him to stay tattoo free is why I said its racism. The racism in the world that says if a black guy has tattoos he is a bad guy and if your company or team hires him then I don't want to support it is insane.

But, as usual people want to avoid the fact there is still plenty of racism and hatred in America.
 6 years ago '11        #91
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1575 1575
 MosDefinition said:
athletes are the product and in the nfl the qb is usually the main selling point for every team
I agree. What im saying is a person is not a "product" in reality. Cam still a grown a.ss man. Even if the owner feels that way (which im sure he and many others do), he should know better than to say this. Im just saying its hard not to see some racial undertones in his comments
 6 years ago '04        #92
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 hood135 said:
You don't HAVE to look clean cut to be the head of something. David Beckham looks like sh*t half of the time and not a word is said.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

I said that it might of been a GENERATION thing. i didn't say that it applies much these days . its not like the panthers owner is a young owner or anything
 6 years ago '08        #93
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 dj ac said:
Thats borderline cism
nah more like ignorance and f*ggotry.

fu*ked up world we live in :banghead:
 6 years ago '04        #94
Yd4001 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 733 733
 dionedre3000 said:
You know me personally I think people should be decent about there appereance and what not but too me a tattoo and earrings don't define a player on that field. Aslong as a player stays out of trouble and more or less comes to work and does his job then it's all good. Atleast it should be.
This right here
 08-24-2011, 08:08 PM         #95
SUHNAMI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
stupid move on management
 6 years ago '05        #96
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,452 | Props total: 25146 25146
....Its Business and I Respect That. This n*gga Is Representing The Team. What He Look Like Getting Tatted Up Like Dumbass Lil Wayne?
 6 years ago '04        #97
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
I dont agree with it, but lets not act like business and organizations dont have grooming and appearance standards.

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the yankees standards. No facial hair, no long hair... that goes for EVERYONE on the team.

it happens.

BUT, i do think that there is a double standard. white athletes dont get this type or scrutiny, but black athletes do. Anyone who ignores that is either blind or willfully ignorant.
 08-24-2011, 08:19 PM         #98
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 adizzle69696969 said:
You're an idiot. We should send ur a.ss back to 1811 then
why so i could be hung and have my family r*ped and kidnaped

like i said this is they way 98% of you still think

a black man with tats = a thug gangster k!ller

and to compair people who sit in a office wearing suits and steals people money to men who were pads and uniforms that run a around and play a game is comical
 6 years ago '04        #99
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
 Cutty Olds said:
Im a licensed tattoo artist...no need to go into anymore depth, they get them all the time.
It's like people with Harleys, Bobbers, and Choppers
they ain't rebels, they don't rock the 1% tattoos...there doctors, RN's, lawyers, cats who do trades and stocks, military officers, real estate agents, and business owners

I mean come on...the average rate for a tattoo is $100-$125 an hour...haha art is money my man. You'd be surprised what people have under those blazers, blouses, and button ups.

I'm sure these businessmen don't show their tattoos on the job. Most of their clients don't see them in the news or in front of cameras with their shirts off either.

More importantly, Black men with tattoos are not judged the same way as white men with tattoos.

If you don't understand that, I suggest you go to college and take a couple courses in sociology and African-American History...like I have

I swear some of you guys really don't know how some white people think. Maybe they're afraid to be honest around you. But in the real world, yes, black guy with tattoos elicits the thug stereotype.

<<InphDigi>> said:
BUT, i do think that there is a double standard. white athletes dont get this type or scrutiny, but black athletes do. Anyone who ignores that is either blind or willfully ignorant.
^THIS

Last edited by Magnificent Phoenix; 08-24-2011 at 08:25 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #100
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1474 1474
 HotBYoungTurk said:
F*ckin' Slave driver pickin' out his slave.... they have no right to tell him what he can do to his body. I don't have any tats or piercings either, but i be damn.. if i want one, aint nobody gonna stop me from getting it..

Pic-a-n*gga a$$ owner...
Yeah them owners is crossing their boundaries what they do on the field is their business but once players are off the field the players are accountable for what they do with themselves and their lives.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
106 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
68 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
144 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy