Want to work 4 UPS? heres the easiest way and why u dont REALLY want to work 4 them

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
57 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
8 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
313 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
94382 pageviews
59 comments

LBoogie2122 20 heat pts20
space
space
$5,658 | Props total: 2255 2255
Want to work 4 UPS? heres the easiest way and why u dont REALLY want to work 4 them

dont ask me how i kno i just do and this takes patience but going about it this way guarantees youll work for the company, i honestly would suggest this method for a 17/18 year old still at home and fresh outta high school who doesnt want to go to college but isnt sure on what they want to do, if u can withstand a couple of years working in hell you'll be well on your way to a promising future by the time ur old enough to legally drink (mayyybe a little earlier)

during the holiday season, apply on ups.com/jobs for the driver helper positions, youre almost guaranteed to be hired, they need as many helpers as possible around this time

BE ON TIME and get along with your driver, they have to hand in a report card at the end of the season grading your performance, if its good they give you a rehire rating, if you do bad youll be blacklisted and you cant even apply for a position EVER AGAIN

driver helper positions end at the beginning of january, in about a good month ups.com./jobs will start to post loader positions (the entry level ups job) a.ssuming you did good as a driver helper, all you have to do is apply real quick and theyll give you an interview date & time right there over the computer, doesnt matter if the place is far theyll send you to a ups facility near you after the interview (some are considered small so their location is consolidated into others when help is wanted)

and thats it, easiest way to get in the door of this fortune 500 company thanksgiving is just 2 months away and thats the best time to apply

okay now youve got the job :dancingcool: happy rite?

peep game tho, tell me if u think its worth it

#1-all warehouse positions at ups are part time (even management) an even 20 hours a week is a good week (crazy as that sounds)

#2-highest paying shift is between 330am to 830am, it pays $1 more an hour than any other shift which brings ur starting salary to a whopping $9 an hour (mind you this is a union job) with a $1 raise in 3 months.....part time.

#3-did i mention that its a union job? teamsters union to be exact with an initiation fee of around $400 which is deducted from each paycheck, $20 each paycheck to be exact, for the next few months with another $20 taken out once a month for union dues, on a part time $10 an hour paycheck, now imagine gas, food etc. etc, because you will most likely need a car for this job to get to and from

#4- excellent benefits tho, no co-pays and they cover everything from eyeglasses to chemotherapy treatments.....but you have to work there for a year before you get them...a whole year, so you cannot get hurt duning that time, they would fire you rather than pay workmans comp since ur brand new

#5-you will work harder in those 4 hours a day than you ever will in your entire life, they will slave you to death and expect perfection even when you are brand new, newly hired pre-loaders usually get 3 delivery trucks to load with all 3 combined is about 900 to 1200 boxes and they must be loaded a certain way and you have a 3 hour window to complete it which is not easy, and if you put even 1 box into the wrong truck you will have ur a.ss handed to you the next day

#6-if ur a guy who like to work around ladies for 1 reason or another this is definitly not the job for u, unless u like butch dykes

#7-ultimatley the goal is to become a driver,most people have no idea that the guy in the f*ggety looking brown shorts hopping out that doo-doo brown truck to deliver that package makes $30 an hour full time (with overtime out the a.ss) gets a paycheck every week with full medical benefits and no college education, ups 18 wheeler drivers can make around $100 an hour and can make 40 hours +overtime in half a week....but theres a 3 year waiting list to become a driver and once you become a driver its a 5-10 year waiting list to become an 18 wheeler driver

do the math and i ask, would you work for ups?

p.s. if u really want to work for UPS best bet is to get ur cdl license 1st go to a ups facility and try to go for driver 1st, its near impossible but it has been done, lucky folks who came in on the right day at the rite time have started off as drivers, they start at like 17.50 an hour and in about 3 years max out at $30 an hour...otherwise you get promoted from within thus explaining y the waiting list is 3 years

Last edited by LBoogie2122; 08-24-2011 at 01:09 AM..

59 comments for "Want to work 4 UPS? heres the easiest way and why u dont REALLY want to work 4 them"

6 years ago '05        #2
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 28 28

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #3
Spoken210 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,670 | Props total: 0 0
 NomiS said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #4
Unitson 
space
space
$5,739 | Props total: 143 143
Lol at dude who posted the Fed Ex label

From what I know, Fed Ex isn't better than UPS in the long run

I know dudes that have turned a UPS job into a career
 08-24-2011, 06:58 AM         #5
Black Samurai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I worked at UPS back in '04. Not a bad job if you're a college student or as a second job. You mean to tell me they're STILL only starting people at 8 dollars an hour? I was making 11 when I left there.
 6 years ago '11        #6
c l o u d 
space
space
space
$664 | Props total: 50 50
Had a friend that used to work for UPS. I think he worked that graveyard shift.
He hated that sh*t.
 08-24-2011, 09:44 AM         #7
BakLykILefSmthn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
30 bones an hour tho

always wondered how doug pulled carrie's sweet a.ss
 6 years ago '07        #8
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 914 914
applied during a winter of hard times. went in for training and never went back. that whole thing where your driver reviews you at the end ain't for me either. they can sit and make you do all the work besides driving. some of them barely ever step out of the truck. fu*k that. for 8 bucks a hour? nah. and if I'm not willing to be your bi*ch while you sit on your a.ss makin 30/hr, you gimme a bad review.
 6 years ago '07        #9
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,337 | Props total: 403 403
 BakLykILefSmthn said:
30 bones an hour tho

6 years ago '07        #10
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,337 | Props total: 403 403
 jslim said:
applied during a winter of hard times. went in for training and never went back. that whole thing where your driver reviews you at the end ain't for me either. they can sit and make you do all the work besides driving. some of them barely ever step out of the truck. fu*k that. for 8 bucks a hour? nah. and if I'm not willing to be your bi*ch while you sit on your a.ss makin 30/hr, you gimme a bad review.
good move, I worked for FedEx back in the day, it was a night job working packages on the a.ssembly line. These people didn't even really train me, just threw me into the mix like boom. My drivers start coming, I remember one yelling at me, talking about if you dont know how to do this sh*t, just align next to the wall and I will do it!!! yelling and sh*t. I wanted to knock his bi*ch a.ss out. I worked there for a week and was like fu*k it. No wonder why they were short people
 6 years ago '08        #11
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,691 | Props total: 3430 3430
If you became a driver for either UPS or Fedex. You were good period. If you aren't a driver or doing something in the same salary then
 6 years ago '05        #12
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
 Unitson said:
Lol at dude who posted the Fed Ex label

From what I know, Fed Ex isn't better than UPS in the long run

I know dudes that have turned a UPS job into a career
yeaaa riiight... lol Im rich nukkkkkka!
 6 years ago '08        #13
40ozHenny 38 heat pts38
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 1215 1215
 BakLykILefSmthn said:
30 bones an hour tho

6 years ago '05        #14
bigbadblu1914 
space
space
$671 | Props total: 0 0
i was a supervisor at ups for 2 years at the hub in sacramento...not a bad gig...

got old after a while...

so i quit

now i wanna go back cuz im broke
 6 years ago '05        #15
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
my bro and cuz have worked at both and they have moved on was not great to start but if u can afford to hang with it not too bad, but cousin still does the driver a.ssistant thing and its nice quick money jumping in and out delivering
 6 years ago '05        #16
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
 BakLykILefSmthn said:
30 bones an hour tho

classic response!
 6 years ago '05        #17
awdyo1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,982 | Props total: 469 469
Mannn you're bringing back bad memories. I worked at UPS in '07 in my sophomore year in college. I worked the graveyard shift 4-9 AM from July-December and had the worst GPA in that Fall semester. fu*k you UPS.
 08-27-2011, 12:49 AM         #18
Chopzilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I had no idea thanks for this
 6 years ago '10        #19
HardBody81 
space
space
space
$195 | Props total: 1 1
Fedex is better. You move up quicker.

Worked their my freshman yr of college for the summer, graveyard shift(3am-7am).

My dumb a.ss came to the interview with a collared shirt and sh*t. People were in that sh*t in shorts and sh*t lmaoo. The interview is really the hire. They ask are you physically able to do what is required and ask why. Then its welcome to fedex come back in a week for your first day.

First day suppose to be "training". They threw my a.ss in the back of the truck and said put the boxes on the rollers and push. Then a vet came and taught me technique and sh*t. I remember thinking i was finish with one truck and going to my supervisor to tell him and he laughed and taught me how to lift the floors up where there was more boxes .They must of liked me cause I worked fast as sh*t. You only get like 5 trucks a day so i would count to know where I was.

After a month you get a raise. sh*t was cake and fun as sh*t. Started making friends. A whole bunch of my friends worked there so we talked and worked and sh*t. I trained most of my friends. Eventually I was out of the truck and moving IC's around and driving the lil trolly thingy which is easy.

The month I left they changed sh*t up and you had to scan & label EVERY package that came out the truck. All people had to was sit at the end of the truck with their scanner and printer, while one dude was in the truck SLAVING lmaooo
 6 years ago '05        #20
awdyo1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,982 | Props total: 469 469
^^^ Over at UPS I was the n*gga slaving. Those trucks are hot as hell - especially when you're in South FL. I'd bring a fu*king beach towel each day and at the end of my shift I could wring out the sweat.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy