Desean Jackson Thinks He is As a Good as Larry Fitzgerald

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
31 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
103 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
271 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is Desean Jackson as good as Larry Fitzgerald?
Hell Yeah 27 16.67%
Hell Naw 135 83.33%
Voters: 162. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #141
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
Cant believe this discussion is still going on this sh*t is not even debatable.

Last edited by Saintaholic; 08-24-2011 at 04:02 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #142
Kaliz ChamP 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,699 | Props total: 545 545
 patt24 said:
since when does speed and big play ability mean youre a top 10 receiver...dudes the 3rd best RECEIVER on his team...hes a hell of an overall weapon but as a WR hes average at best...

numbers might not lie, but they also dont tell the whole truth.
Since when did it not? And honestly, he is the third best WR on their team? Alright chief

chctynig2804 said:
i'm not going to argue with you but if you think Desean is a top 5 RECEIVER, let alone a top 10 RECEIVER then all the more power to you
So what five or 10 WR are better than him? I'm a.ssuming you have a couple of Cowboys ahead of him right?
 08-24-2011, 04:31 PM         #143
BIGBrandon2785  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jackson is good but Fitz is on another level.

Fitzgerald is a elite WR,Jackson is just a very good WR
 08-24-2011, 04:32 PM         #144
BIGBrandon2785  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chuck Hustle said:
DJAX is a top 5 receiver IMO

AJ
Megatron
Fitz
are the upper echelon

then D JAX
Your missin Roddy White and maybe Vincent Jackson
 6 years ago '07        #145
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Damn, we need to create a ban list for all these dudes saying D Jack is even close to Fitz. I mean, like dont even let them post in nfl threads no more. Too many dumbass quotes in this thread to respond to, sh*t is fu*king laughable

And the nerve to use numbers to back your agurment, oh lawd
 6 years ago '08        #146
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,137 | Props total: 2863 2863
People forgot about Larry because of his sh*tty QB situation last year, I see. Kolb is no world-beater, but look for Larry's TD numbers to go back up significantly this year.
 6 years ago '04        #147
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 2568 2568
 Kaliz ChamP said:
Since when did it not? And honestly, he is the third best WR on their team? Alright chief
yea its a factor however when thats all you have in your arsonal then youre not a top 10 wr...he dosent have the technical skills nor the hands of maclin or smith...his lack of technical skill as far as being a WR is >> smith/maclin's speed/big play ability which in turn makes him the 3rd best RECEIVER on the team...and i could go as far as saying avant might be a better ALL AROUND WIDE RECEIVER than him as well...

However as far as being an offensive weapon WITH THE BALL IN HIS HAND theres no doubt hes top 5 maybe even the best in the league...which would deserve payment close to that of Fitz

Last edited by patt24; 08-24-2011 at 06:24 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #148
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
 King856 said:
top 5
Andre Johnson
Cavin Johnson
Fitz
Reggie Wayne
Greg Jennings

who is Jackson better then on that list?
he averages more yards per catch so hes better...
 6 years ago '04        #149
Yd4001 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 733 733
So yall give me yall 10 WR right now then. Yall got Larry number 1?
 6 years ago '08        #150
CarmeloStarks 93 heat pts93
space
space
$9,188 | Props total: 972 972
 Gunna23 said:
Desean is faster than Fitzgerald.......which is HUGE in the wide receiver position

Larry is taller so he got an advantage

I think Desean Jackson is the BEST receiver in the NFL right now....because of his quickness
 1LynguisticMind said:
Desean will be the goat when hes done
 Chuck Hustle said:
DJAX is a top 5 receiver IMO

AJ
Megatron
Fitz
are the upper echelon

then D JAX

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #151
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,112 | Props total: 23355 23355
Larry aint sh*t. D Jack the gawd
 6 years ago '04        #152
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
 King856 said:
I guess Todd Pinkston was better then TO in 2004
That was a sarcastic comment, couldn't find the proper smiley to.convey the message on my phone
 6 years ago '10        #153
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 Kaliz ChamP said:
If he could get open more? hahhaahha
Plain and simple, Larry played with a better QB
As far as throwing goes, Kurt Warner>>>>>>>>>>Vick and McNabb
His stats don't lie

Larry has the ball thrown to him more but his pass thrown too and catch ratio is as almost identical to Desean's.

Back to your comment about getting open. The reason why his yards after catch avg is high is because he gets seperation from DB's. Be it a crossing route, deep post or an out. Come on man
So...you don't think Fitzgerald would have those numbers with McNabb or Vick? ..McNabb especially. After seeing what he did with T.O you really go say that when Fitzgerald is arguably better than T.O??
 08-24-2011, 11:00 PM         #154
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JeeQ said:
I'm going to try this one last time and keep my words small for your benefit. Never once did I say DeSean is on Fitz's level as a WR. Twice now I've said Fitz is the better WR. But to say DeSean isn't even in Top 10 discussion is foolish when he's putting up the same numbers as Fitz. Oh right, but stats don't mean sh*t. So what's your basis, the Cardinals 5 wins last year?

Why am I mentioning the punt returning while evaluating his worth? Because being a Pro-Bowl caliber punt returner adds to your value. But like I said I don't factor that into his WR abilities. Being a cowgirls fan I guess you would be the expert on hype giving false expectations. Your team has been a perennial Super Bowl favorite for god knows how long yet they haven't won a second round playoff game since 1995. Haven't made a single decibel of playoff noise in over 15 years.
I guess the only way you can reply is by making sh*t up. So repost where I specifically said he wasn't top 10. You're quoting me on sh*t I never even said, idiot. It's laughable how you imply someone else is slow when you're talking about sh*t not even thread related. THIS is what DeSean said:

“Fitzgerald's a good player. He’s one of the top receivers in the NFL like myself, so of course when it comes down to that, yeah, but money-wise or stats-wise, I don’t compare any of that stuff.”

As far as receivers right now in the NFL, I don’t really look up to any of them. I respect their game. There are a couple of great receivers out there. I just consider myself to be one of the best wide receivers in the NFL.”
This is directly coming from his mouth and I don't see sh*t about his value as a whole to his team. He's talking about being in the same echelon of RECEIVER as Fitz...this statement is the only debate going on in this thread. Fools like yourself are clearly in left field with this sh*t.

He doesn't deserve Fitz money and that's the discussion. You think he does b/c of his contribution on special teams and the threat he is for big plays. As I said before, a team can control what DeSean does by kicking away from him all together and bending but not breaking in the secondary. Therefore he isn't worth a 8-year, $120M w/ $50M guaranteed contract when a huge facet of his playmaking ability can be taken away. He needs to be viewed as a complete RECEIVER in order to get that kind of money, then kick returns would just be an added bonus to his game.

I can see you're mad b/c you're bringing up the Cowboys. It's logical for you to STFU when it comes to playoff appearances and Super Bowls when you have no clue what it feels like to win one as a fan.

Gunna23 said:
Desean is faster than Fitzgerald.......which is HUGE in the wide receiver position

Larry is taller so he got an advantage

I think Desean Jackson is the BEST receiver in the NFL right now....because of his quickness

[pic - click to view]

Yd4001 said:
So yall give me yall 10 WR right now then. Yall got Larry number 1?
Nope, Dre...and there's no doubt in my mind.
 6 years ago '04        #155
Kaliz ChamP 4 heat pts
space
space
 Smoke500 said:
So...you don't think Fitzgerald would have those numbers with McNabb or Vick? ..McNabb especially. After seeing what he did with T.O you really go say that when Fitzgerald is arguably better than T.O??
Are you saying that WR weren't going to put up # with Kurt Warner as their QB? sh*t, look at Holt, Bruce, Hakim, Boldin, Fitz, etc. sh*t put T.O or Jackon with in that system and look at their numbers. But thats hypothetically speaking of course

JCyclops said:
People forgot about Larry because of his sh*tty QB situation last year, I see. Kolb is no world-beater, but look for Larry's TD numbers to go back up significantly this year.
Nobody forgot about Larry. He put up numbers because that was his sh*tty Qb's go to WR. Which is why he was targeted so many times.

patt24 said:
yea its a factor however when thats all you have in your arsonal then youre not a top 10 wr...he dosent have the technical skills nor the hands of maclin or smith...his lack of technical skill as far as being a WR is >> smith/maclin's speed/big play ability which in turn makes him the 3rd best RECEIVER on the team...and i could go as far as saying avant might be a better ALL AROUND WIDE RECEIVER than him as well...

However as far as being an offensive weapon WITH THE BALL IN HIS HAND theres no doubt hes top 5 maybe even the best in the league...which would deserve payment close to that of Fitz
wait, you say he isn't the best WR on his team but in the same post say he is top 5 offensive weapon in the league when the ball is in his hand.

See, I know a lot of y'all is bias or never played football pass junior high but y'all sounding mighty dumb with this whole Larry and Desean arguement.

By the way, I'm not saying one is better than the other but I know one is not leaps and bounds better than the other.

Because for the amount of touches Desean gets versus the so-called "Best WR's in the league" he sure makes the best of it when he does. His ypc and yac proves that when he gets the ball in his hands he is doing more after the reception. Route running is above average, catching the ball is above average, big play and clutchness.. Bar none the best.

And this is just calling it like I see it. Numbers don't lie. 47 receptions but still crack a G in receiving yardage. Could only imagine what he would do with 94 receptions in a season
 6 years ago '08        #156
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,735 | Props total: 11628 11628
Still waitin for those playoff stats
 6 years ago '04        #157
Kaliz ChamP 4 heat pts
space
space
*looks at avy*

*thinks who had the better qb*

*looks back at avy*

I tell you that one if you tell me who many td's, yards, etc Jackson would have if he was the ball as much as Larry
 6 years ago '08        #158
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,735 | Props total: 11628 11628
*notices you made a reference to a arizona area code earlier before i hit you with numbers*

*notices after i hit you with numbers that make your claim incorrect you just some now noticed the avy of an Arizona player*

*sees the coincidence and laughs *

Don't blame Larry for Desean being a 1 trick pony and only being able to be a deep threat hence the high YPC....Take your L but before you go though

Show them playoff stats
 6 years ago '05        #159
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 08-25-2011, 04:11 AM         #160
jrfranke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
112 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
126 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy