NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
34 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
67 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
6452 pageviews
65 comments

flix02 2055 heat pts2055
space
space
$10,632 | Props total: 3749 3749
Jay-Z & Kanye West's "Watch The Throne" Second Week Sales Projections Revealed

Grammy-winning rappers Jay-Z and Kanye West will continue making their competition Watch the Throne as the joint album's second week sales projections show it easily topping the chart.

Based on weekend estimates, the new LP is projected to outsell its next closest competitor by double.

Jay Z and Kanye West repeat at #1 on next week's HITS Album Chart with their two-headed, while the juggernaut that is Adele gains in sales and moves back into the #2 slot. Top chart newcomer is the Eli Young Band on Universal Republic Nashville at #6 and Up/Down/Megaforce's Blue October at #10. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend: Jay Z and Kanye West (Roc-a-fella/Roc Nation): 160-180k Adele (XL/Columbia) 75-80k (HITS Daily Double)

The LP debuted atop all albums last week with over 400,000 records sold.

Jay-Z and Kanye West's Watch the Throne leads the pack this week debuting at No. 1. According to Nielsen SoundScan, the duo's highly anticipated joint album has sold 436,100 units after seven days in stores. (SOHH Sales Wrap)

Prior to hitting physical retail outlets, the collaborative record premiered digitally.

"Watch the Throne," which miraculously didn't leak to the Web as so many eagerly-awaited albums have over the years, is exclusive to iTunes until Friday, Aug. 12. That's when all other retailers -- physical and digital -- will start selling "Watch." Of course, most brick-and-mortar retailers could opt to ignore the official street date and begin selling the CD as soon as they receive it, which may be as early as Wednesday. (Billboard)

Roc-A-Fella Records engineer Young Guru recently spoke on the LP's ability to push boundaries.

"[It's like] a new day," Guru said referring to the album as a whole. "Incredible. You've never heard two rappers talk about unborn children, and the persective that they come with it [on the song 'New Day'] is so personal to them that it makes a great record. Kanye is basically coming and saying, 'I'm going to make sure that my son doesn't make the same mistakes that I do,' so that's the references to, 'I'm trying to find love in the strip club'...Jay is coming from the perspective of, 'Well, I didn't have my father [around growing up], so I'm going to make sure that my son [does], I'm going be there for him.' I say this to Jay all the time, that, how did the [album sales] work out so easy for him? It seems like it's magic, but in [his] mind, it's like, 'Okay, my first album came out when I was 26, so then, that's...when I became a man.' That's my job to cut that [check] in half for him so that at 13, I [can] eat a black bar mitzvah." (The Hip Hop Chronicle)

[pic - click to view]

Jay-Z & Kanye West's "Watch The Throne" Second Week Sales Projections Revealed | SOHH.COM

65 comments for "Jay-Z & Kanye West's "Watch The Throne" Second Week Sales Projections Revealed"

6 years ago '10        #2
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,899 | Props total: 21182 21182

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #3
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
I think they're lucky that they released Otis as a single at just the right time to unexpectedly build some buzz about the album. Looks like it's serving them well.

Not many artists can do something as risky as that and still wind up #1 on the charts. Radio is very important for selling records.
 6 years ago '05        #4
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
Good for them. That said, damn man, CD sales are crazy low. Adele at SECOND with 75k? She's been on the chart for years! Number 1 Billboard album at 150k? Man, that's crazy. Slow week?
 6 years ago '09        #5
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,315 | Props total: 7973 7973
misread......

Last edited by Jacc Blacc; 08-22-2011 at 05:12 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #6
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,963 | Props total: 13583 13583
 Jacc Blacc said:
told you guys....400k first week off of digital since physical copies came out on friday....so 2nd week numbers which usually would get cut in half (200k) ended up staying at 400k...........that sh*t cray and still got it on replay
It did get cut in half.
 08-22-2011, 03:35 PM         #7
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
deserves it sh*t is in constant rotation no other music even exists right now
 6 years ago '11        #8
Prot3ge 
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 0 0
Album didn't lack luster. :applause:
 08-22-2011, 03:42 PM         #9
GrimeyGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats great!!!
 6 years ago '12        #11
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
 Jacc Blacc said:
told you guys....400k first week off of digital since physical copies came out on friday....so 2nd week numbers which usually would get cut in half (200k) ended up staying at 400k...........that sh*t cray and still got it on replay
Lmao its actually the exact opposite of what u said biff.
 6 years ago '05        #12
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,451 | Props total: 25144 25144
...I Thought It Would WAY Higher. I Guess More & More People Are Downloading Now.
 08-22-2011, 03:51 PM         #13
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
Good for them. That said, damn man, CD sales are crazy low. Adele at SECOND with 75k? She's been on the chart for years! Number 1 Billboard album at 150k? Man, that's crazy. Slow week?
Could you imagine what Jay and Ye's sales would be, or other rappers period if the culture of their main fanbase was more responsible like Adele and Taylor Swifts fans. Hip Hop would do MASSIVE NUMBERS week in and week out. In the mid to late 90's before all the bootlegging Hip Hop stayed running the charts.
 6 years ago '09        #14
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,719 | Props total: 6215 6215
 Jacc Blacc said:
You ever used wanna these in school?

[pic - click to view]

Its for learning basic maths so im guessing no
 6 years ago '04        #15
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,168 | Props total: 549 549
fu*k the haters , thewy did what i expected them to do ... which is ......RUN THE GAME!!!! ofcoarse you cant compare ADELE's opera singing to hiphop.... total different fan base demographically speaking!!!
 6 years ago '10        #16
trill jackson 740 heat pts740
space
space
$18,901 | Props total: 13506 13506
impressive considering they're not even doing press. it's not like you see them everywhere telling people to buy wtt
 08-22-2011, 04:15 PM         #17
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

6 years ago '06        #18
poppapimple 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,846 | Props total: 309 309
Eminem won
 6 years ago '09        #20
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,273 | Props total: 19382 19382
Adele selling crazy
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
168 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy