Aug 21 - How female teens feel about social networking..first hand comments..

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
7333 pageviews
96 comments

GrezyNclean 172 heat pts172
space
space
$7,860 | Props total: 663 663
Aug 21 - How female teens feel about social networking..first hand comments..

[pic - click to view]

Read a book mother fu*kers...

“There’s more ‘life’ happening online than offline. If you are not online, you are completely out of the loop--you don’t have a life, you don’t really exist.”

--Hannah, 13 years old

“I’m online even during class. I’m supposed to be taking notes but instead I’m commenting on stuff and uploading pictures.”

--Emma, 14 years old

“I feel safer online than I do offline. So I do things online that I wouldn’t do in real life.”

--Sadie, 14 years old

“I’ve become very good at taking pictures of myself. I know what angle is best, I know how to part my lips...you know. It’s like the number one thing on my mind is ‘I need to get home right now and take a new profile picture.’ All because I want someone to comment on how I look.”

--Katie, 15 years old

“Social networking affects all the things you do in real life now. Like, if you go to a party, one of the most important aspects of going to the party is to document yourself for online posts. You have to prove you were looking good, you were having fun, and that you were actually there! It’s not about the party anymore but about the pictures of the party.”

--Caroline, 14 years old

“I feel sad, depressed, jealous, or whatever when I don’t get a lot of “Likes” on my photo or when someone else gets way more Likes than me. Honestly, I’m not sure that parents realize how drastically it affects our self-image and confidence. If I see a picture of a really pretty girl, it’s like ‘Goodbye self-esteem.’ It forces me to compete and do stuff that I don’t want to do, so my confidence will get a boost.”

--Samantha, 14 years old

“Sometimes I feel like I’m losing control. I want my parents to tell me to get off the computer. Actually, they would need to literally take the computer away because I can’t stop myself.”

--Nina, 15 years old

“My friendships are really affected by social networking. You have to constantly validate your friends online. And everyone’s like ‘Where were you?’ ‘What have you been doing?’ ‘Why haven’t you commented on my picture yet?’ So you have to be online all the time, just to keep track, so you don’t upset anyone.”

--Jasmine, 13 years old

“There is so much pressure to look happy all the time—you can never just be yourself-- because everybody is always taking pictures and posting them.”

--Nikki, 13 years old

“I really want my mom to be proud of me. Obviously, I want her to think I’m writing my essay or doing things I should be doing instead of being on Facebook. But I also want to be online. So I lie or accuse her of not trusting me. It’s awful, but I’ve become really comfortable with lying.”

--Maya, 14 years old

[pic - click to view]

10 things you don't know about teens and social networking - Parenting on Shine

96 comments for "Aug 21 - How female teens feel about social networking..first hand comments.."

6 years ago '07        #2
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,915 | Props total: 573 573
All white girl opinions..
 6 years ago '06        #3
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 6 years ago '05        #4
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,711 | Props total: 7018 7018
this cant be life

6 years ago '10        #5
420Heat 8 heat pts
space
space
$8,801 | Props total: 5237 5237
this is sad
 6 years ago '07        #6
Chief|m 55 heat pts55
space
space
$22,386 | Props total: 2072 2072
“I feel safer online than I do offline. So I do things online that I wouldn’t do in real life.”

--Sadie, 14 years old
:kobedat a.ss: we know this bi*ch is a webcame hoe
 6 years ago '07        #7
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,209 | Props total: 15095 15095
“I feel sad, depressed, jealous, or whatever when I don’t get a lot of “Likes” on my photo or when someone else gets way more Likes than me. Honestly, I’m not sure that parents realize how drastically it affects our self-image and confidence. If I see a picture of a really pretty girl, it’s like ‘Goodbye self-esteem.’ It forces me to compete and do stuff that I don’t want to do, so my confidence will get a boost.”

--Samantha, 14 years old

you gotta be fu*kin kidding me

if/when I decide to have a kid, they're getting an hour a week on the computer
 6 years ago '10        #8
SpacelyPockets 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 404 404
Are any of these bi*ches even in highschool
 6 years ago '10        #9
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
 Root Of Evil said:
All white girl opinions..
and black girls are 10x just as worse..

SpacelyPockets said:
Are any of these bi*ches even in highschool
Hell naw.. but I think this is the best age to do this type of interview

Older girls are the same way as these teens

but they won't admit it as much as the teens because the teens don't know how ignorant they sound

Last edited by DurtySoufReppin; 08-21-2011 at 04:41 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #10
2TopFlite 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,531 | Props total: 2539 2539
Really doe “I feel safer online than I do offline. So I do things online that I wouldn’t do in real life.”

That sound like a lotta muhfu*kas on BX but these teens messed up mane social networks fu*kin em up especially Samantha chick said i feel depressed whn i dnt get "Likes"
 6 years ago '10        #11
smoothSeph 63 heat pts63
space
space
$7,211 | Props total: 2476 2476
who gives a fu*k about a 13 year old's opinion? but really though
 6 years ago '04        #12
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
This goes to show that they have no life...sh*t there are grown women who are much worse than female teens...They only do this sh*t for attention, to air out other people's lives, and to make themselves feel like they are important when no one gives a fu*k...Like I'm supposed to give a fu*k that you are eating chili or watching spongebob while painting your toenails...

sh*t is sad

How do you get mad or depressed just because someone doesn't "like" your status or the pictures that you post online? If no one "likes" your status or pictures, its because the sh*t is dumb and no one cares....

at the thought process of these females...

Last edited by knowughetto; 08-21-2011 at 04:47 PM..
 08-21-2011, 04:47 PM         #13
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cave bi*ches lost.
 6 years ago '05        #14
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
Thank God I didn't grow up in this social network era. I feel sorry for these young girls smh.
 6 years ago '06        #15
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
My parent's rules for me on video games when I was a kid will be enforced on my kids for online time.
 6 years ago '11        #16
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
SomebodyGon'Get r*ped.Gif
 6 years ago '08        #17
Kewop Decam 81 heat pts81
space
space
space
$15,999 | Props total: 9806 9806
 DurtySoufReppin said:
and black girls are 10x just as worse..

"10x just as worse"

lol, whut?
 08-21-2011, 05:09 PM         #18
BooHaggle McGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that sh*t sound fake

or at least exaggerated
 6 years ago '06        #19
StreetZ17 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,784 | Props total: 469 469
 Chixf Xscx said:
:kobedat a.ss: we know this bi*ch is a webcam hoe
Chances are she will be exposed with the millions of girls on HGF / FreakBucket.
 6 years ago '05        #20
illhavok 2 heat pts
space
space
$342 | Props total: 1 1
The illuminati is already taking over. I read an article a few weeks about people saying if they dont have the internet or facebook that they are depressed and dont feel like they are part of the crowd, really sad what it has come to. People rely on technology way too much today.
Home         

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
72 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy