most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Sunday Night Football: Dallas Cowboys Vs. Oakland Raiders Gameday Thread
862 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
7228 pageviews
172 comments

T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,451 | Props total: 1678 1678
Derrick Rose: “I’m going to win multiple championships”

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Bulls guard Derrick Rose visited Madrid on a promotion tour with adidas and spoke with HoopsHype about his team, his coach, the lockout and his determination to win multiple rings.
Can you talk a little about your vacation, especially your trip to the Philippines, where you played with Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant and Chris Paul among others?

Derrick Rose: I’m having fun. The experience about going to the Philippines was great. Just going over there, feeling appreciated. I think that was the biggest thing for everyone going over there. I didn’t know anyone knew me in the Philippines! That was an experience I will remember forever.

I guess you got the feeling that was a Dream Team for the future.

DR: Yeah, definitely. We all had a good time. Playing over there opened a lot of eyes. It was something that was made in a week. I got it like Tuesday, then Saturday I’m in the Philippines. It happened so quickly.

Now I’m sure you talked about the lockout. How was the feeling between you guys about the whole situation?

DR: It’s hard! I don’t have a job right job. And the way it’s looking you’re not going to have a job… I haven’t felt this way since high school. The way I think about it, it shouldn’t be billionaires and millionaires arguing about money. I’m just trying to get out there and play for the fans. I think it’s hurting the fans more than anyone else.

So what’s your feeling: no season, shortened season…?

DR: It’s looking tough, it’s looking pretty bad right now. But the only thing I can do now is work out and just pray that it’s gonna be a season.

If there’s finally a shortened season or no season at all, would you consider playing overseas?

DR: I’m staying. I don’t play pickup basketball. I’m working out in Los Angeles right now. I haven’t taken into consideration yet playing overseas. Right now, if I do think about it, the Euroleague is definitely an option I would consider. I would have to talk to my agents and make sure that everything is OK, but I’m hoping right now there’s a season.

After the Heat series, you said your conditioning wasn’t good enough. What are you doing this summer to improve it?

DR: Well, it’s the first time I ever lifted weight besides college. I think that’s gonna help me evolve my game. I know it’s going to be hard because I really don’t like lifting like that, but I’ll do anything to win, anything to get that advantage. Benching, squats, sit-ups, push-ups… Everything you can think of, I’m doing it right now on one-hour sessions from Monday to Friday. I’m on the court from like 8.30 to 9.30, then go home, sleep till like 1 and then I go to my conditioning.

Are you working on any other aspect of your game?

DR: Just trying to be consistent, be sharp and work on my post-up game.

Time has passed since you won the MVP trophy award. What are your feelings about it now?

DR: It was great but I’m not satisfied. I won’t be satisfied until I win a championship. I’m not satisfied at all. There’s not a doubt in my mind that I’m not going to win a championship. I’m going win multiple championships. It’s not a doubt in my mind.

Carlos Boozer was a great addition to the team last season, but he struggled a little bit during the playoffs. What do you expect from him and the rest of the guys next season?

DR: Everybody is working out hard right now. If everyone comes in and work on their game, I think that we have a good shot of winning without getting anybody to come to my team. I think everything was just so new… Last year was my first time getting past the first round of the playoffs. Everything was just new to everybody, and that thing is gonna help us. Last year was the base for our team and the sky’s the limit for us.

So you don’t feel you need any additions to the roster?

DR: We don’t need it right now. If we sign somebody that can definitely fit… But to me I think that we are OK.

What has head coach Tom Thibodeau brought to the table?

DR: He’s the greatest coach I’ve ever had. Just his professionalism, his work ethic as a coach… He works as hard as any coach I’ve ever been around. Film session, making sure that we work out everyday hard… The only coach I’ve talked to on a regular basis throughout my whole life. He could be looking at film and call me or I could call him no matter how late it is and we talked about basketball.

When was the first time you realize he was such a good coach, that he would help you to achieve your goals?
DR: Last summer, before the season started. I’m 22 years old, my friends are also young, so we’d be up all night. So we’d go to the gym at like 2.30 in the morning, and then we’d go into our practice facility and we’d see his light on in his office. He’d be working til like 3 am, just looking at film.

172 comments for "Derrick Rose: “I’m going to win multiple championships”"

6 years ago '04        #2
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
you just gotta love this kid.
 6 years ago '11        #3
rec1989 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,543 | Props total: 19 19
 6 years ago '07        #4
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
Inb4holdthatmasturbates
 6 years ago '07        #5
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 6 years ago '08        #6
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,335 | Props total: 13713 13713
The east goes thru the knicks so he gotta get past us first
 6 years ago '10        #7
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,618 | Props total: 30599 30599
 6 years ago '06        #8
FullTimeHustla 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$2,730 | Props total: 2045 2045
 T2THEONE said:

[pic - click to view]

Bulls guard Derrick Rose visited Madrid on a promotion tour with adidas and spoke with HoopsHype about his team, his coach, the lockout and his determination to win multiple rings.
Can you talk a little about your vacation, especially your trip to the Philippines, where you played with Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant and Chris Paul among others?

Derrick Rose: I’m having fun. The experience about going to the Philippines was great. Just going over there, feeling appreciated. I think that was the biggest thing for everyone going over there. I didn’t know anyone knew me in the Philippines! That was an experience I will remember forever.

I guess you got the feeling that was a Dream Team for the future.

DR: Yeah, definitely. We all had a good time. Playing over there opened a lot of eyes. It was something that was made in a week. I got it like Tuesday, then Saturday I’m in the Philippines. It happened so quickly.

Now I’m sure you talked about the lockout. How was the feeling between you guys about the whole situation?

DR: It’s hard! I don’t have a job right job. And the way it’s looking you’re not going to have a job… I haven’t felt this way since high school. The way I think about it, it shouldn’t be billionaires and millionaires arguing about money. I’m just trying to get out there and play for the fans. I think it’s hurting the fans more than anyone else.

So what’s your feeling: no season, shortened season…?

DR: It’s looking tough, it’s looking pretty bad right now. But the only thing I can do now is work out and just pray that it’s gonna be a season.

If there’s finally a shortened season or no season at all, would you consider playing overseas?

DR: I’m staying. I don’t play pickup basketball. I’m working out in Los Angeles right now. I haven’t taken into consideration yet playing overseas. Right now, if I do think about it, the Euroleague is definitely an option I would consider. I would have to talk to my agents and make sure that everything is OK, but I’m hoping right now there’s a season.

After the Heat series, you said your conditioning wasn’t good enough. What are you doing this summer to improve it?

DR: Well, it’s the first time I ever lifted weight besides college. I think that’s gonna help me evolve my game. I know it’s going to be hard because I really don’t like lifting like that, but I’ll do anything to win, anything to get that advantage. Benching, squats, sit-ups, push-ups… Everything you can think of, I’m doing it right now on one-hour sessions from Monday to Friday. I’m on the court from like 8.30 to 9.30, then go home, sleep till like 1 and then I go to my conditioning.

Are you working on any other aspect of your game?

DR: Just trying to be consistent, be sharp and work on my post-up game.

Time has passed since you won the MVP trophy award. What are your feelings about it now?

DR: It was great but I’m not satisfied. I won’t be satisfied until I win a championship. I’m not satisfied at all. There’s not a doubt in my mind that I’m not going to win a championship. I’m going win multiple championships. It’s not a doubt in my mind.

Carlos Boozer was a great addition to the team last season, but he struggled a little bit during the playoffs. What do you expect from him and the rest of the guys next season?

DR: Everybody is working out hard right now. If everyone comes in and work on their game, I think that we have a good shot of winning without getting anybody to come to my team. I think everything was just so new… Last year was my first time getting past the first round of the playoffs. Everything was just new to everybody, and that thing is gonna help us. Last year was the base for our team and the sky’s the limit for us.

DR: We don’t need it right now. If we sign somebody that can definitely fit… But to me I think that we are OK.

What has head coach Tom Thibodeau brought to the table?

DR: He’s the greatest coach I’ve ever had. Just his professionalism, his work ethic as a coach… He works as hard as any coach I’ve ever been around. Film session, making sure that we work out everyday hard… The only coach I’ve talked to on a regular basis throughout my whole life. He could be looking at film and call me or I could call him no matter how late it is and we talked about basketball.

When was the first time you realize he was such a good coach, that he would help you to achieve your goals?
DR: Last summer, before the season started. I’m 22 years old, my friends are also young, so we’d be up all night. So we’d go to the gym at like 2.30 in the morning, and then we’d go into our practice facility and we’d see his light on in his office. He’d be working til like 3 am, just looking at film.
:rolllaugh :
 6 years ago '04        #9
ShaDoW1 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,040 | Props total: 1281 1281
we coming for the next 15 rings bi*ches!!!!!!
 6 years ago '04        #10
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,065 | Props total: 19925 19925
 WiLL i AM said:
my n*gga; u know u done fu*ked up right?
i thought the same sh*t....

inb4aphagsaysknickshaventwonaplayoffgameindecade
 6 years ago '06        #11
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,697 | Props total: 8660 8660
all this nba talk but its not about the lockout.
 6 years ago '05        #12
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,108 | Props total: 4238 4238
not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7

and he will not get any hate for his "arrogance" at the hypocritical lebron haters
 6 years ago '07        #13
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,556 | Props total: 1174 1174
Heat Still In The East

Sorry Rose
 6 years ago '06        #14
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,408 | Props total: 961 961

..... he going to act like they dont need a shooting guard? let korver chuck up bricks all day and booze fu*king sucks.....rose new guard deng asik and noah = a beast line up
 6 years ago '07        #15
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,403 | Props total: 21551 21551

One and done, kid
 6 years ago '06        #16
samsin420 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,946 | Props total: 496 496
The whole "inb4" sh*t is gay as fu*k. Stop.
 6 years ago '11        #17
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,932 | Props total: 1075 1075
 JimDinO77 said:

and he will not get any hate for his "arrogance" at the hypocritical lebron haters
This n*gga lebron was on tv in a packed arena talking about not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7. The statement that lebron made was arrogant. D rose is just saying he will when multiple rings in an interview. Lebron was telling everybody he was going to win this last year and the next 6 years basically...
 6 years ago '07        #18
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
point god has spoken so it shall happen
 08-21-2011, 05:02 PM         #19
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gotta learn how to count to 10 first...
 6 years ago '08        #20
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,775 | Props total: 12277 12277
 JimDinO77 said:

he's not 8 years in the league saying he's gonna win 7 Championships...he just said he will win more than 1.

IMO Bron would have been cool and prolly spot on if he said multiple but he said 7 soooooooo keep the hate going.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy