Derrick Rose: ďIím going to win multiple championshipsĒ

most viewed right now
Video inside throwback: kanye speaks up for himself after beanie sigel calls him gay
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Only PAWG That Matters
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj disses Pusha on IG
225 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Why do people in poverty have satellite dishes?
82 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
7367 pageviews
172 comments

T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,454 | Props total: 1687 1687

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Bulls guard Derrick Rose visited Madrid on a promotion tour with adidas and spoke with HoopsHype about his team, his coach, the lockout and his determination to win multiple rings.
Can you talk a little about your vacation, especially your trip to the Philippines, where you played with Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant and Chris Paul among others?

Derrick Rose: Iím having fun. The experience about going to the Philippines was great. Just going over there, feeling appreciated. I think that was the biggest thing for everyone going over there. I didnít know anyone knew me in the Philippines! That was an experience I will remember forever.

I guess you got the feeling that was a Dream Team for the future.

DR: Yeah, definitely. We all had a good time. Playing over there opened a lot of eyes. It was something that was made in a week. I got it like Tuesday, then Saturday Iím in the Philippines. It happened so quickly.

Now Iím sure you talked about the lockout. How was the feeling between you guys about the whole situation?

DR: Itís hard! I donít have a job right job. And the way itís looking youíre not going to have a jobÖ I havenít felt this way since high school. The way I think about it, it shouldnít be billionaires and millionaires arguing about money. Iím just trying to get out there and play for the fans. I think itís hurting the fans more than anyone else.

So whatís your feeling: no season, shortened seasonÖ?

DR: Itís looking tough, itís looking pretty bad right now. But the only thing I can do now is work out and just pray that itís gonna be a season.

If thereís finally a shortened season or no season at all, would you consider playing overseas?

DR: Iím staying. I donít play pickup basketball. Iím working out in Los Angeles right now. I havenít taken into consideration yet playing overseas. Right now, if I do think about it, the Euroleague is definitely an option I would consider. I would have to talk to my agents and make sure that everything is OK, but Iím hoping right now thereís a season.

After the Heat series, you said your conditioning wasnít good enough. What are you doing this summer to improve it?

DR: Well, itís the first time I ever lifted weight besides college. I think thatís gonna help me evolve my game. I know itís going to be hard because I really donít like lifting like that, but Iíll do anything to win, anything to get that advantage. Benching, squats, sit-ups, push-upsÖ Everything you can think of, Iím doing it right now on one-hour sessions from Monday to Friday. Iím on the court from like 8.30 to 9.30, then go home, sleep till like 1 and then I go to my conditioning.

Are you working on any other aspect of your game?

DR: Just trying to be consistent, be sharp and work on my post-up game.

Time has passed since you won the MVP trophy award. What are your feelings about it now?

DR: It was great but Iím not satisfied. I wonít be satisfied until I win a championship. Iím not satisfied at all. Thereís not a doubt in my mind that Iím not going to win a championship. Iím going win multiple championships. Itís not a doubt in my mind.

Carlos Boozer was a great addition to the team last season, but he struggled a little bit during the playoffs. What do you expect from him and the rest of the guys next season?

DR: Everybody is working out hard right now. If everyone comes in and work on their game, I think that we have a good shot of winning without getting anybody to come to my team. I think everything was just so newÖ Last year was my first time getting past the first round of the playoffs. Everything was just new to everybody, and that thing is gonna help us. Last year was the base for our team and the skyís the limit for us.

So you donít feel you need any additions to the roster?

DR: We donít need it right now. If we sign somebody that can definitely fitÖ But to me I think that we are OK.

What has head coach Tom Thibodeau brought to the table?

DR: Heís the greatest coach Iíve ever had. Just his professionalism, his work ethic as a coachÖ He works as hard as any coach Iíve ever been around. Film session, making sure that we work out everyday hardÖ The only coach Iíve talked to on a regular basis throughout my whole life. He could be looking at film and call me or I could call him no matter how late it is and we talked about basketball.

When was the first time you realize he was such a good coach, that he would help you to achieve your goals?
DR: Last summer, before the season started. Iím 22 years old, my friends are also young, so weíd be up all night. So weíd go to the gym at like 2.30 in the morning, and then weíd go into our practice facility and weíd see his light on in his office. Heíd be working til like 3 am, just looking at film.

172 comments for "Derrick Rose: ďIím going to win multiple championshipsĒ"

7 years ago '04        #2
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
you just gotta love this kid.
 7 years ago '11        #3
rec1989 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,543 | Props total: 19 19
 7 years ago '07        #4
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
Inb4holdthatmasturbates
 7 years ago '07        #5
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2744 2744
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 7 years ago '08        #6
AC_89 237 heat pts237
space
space
$42,787 | Props total: 19180 19180
The east goes thru the knicks so he gotta get past us first
 7 years ago '10        #7
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,904 | Props total: 31933 31933
 7 years ago '06        #8
FullTimeHustla 65 heat pts65
space
space
space
$4,116 | Props total: 6289 6289
 T2THEONE said:

[pic - click to view]

Bulls guard Derrick Rose visited Madrid on a promotion tour with adidas and spoke with HoopsHype about his team, his coach, the lockout and his determination to win multiple rings.
Can you talk a little about your vacation, especially your trip to the Philippines, where you played with Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant and Chris Paul among others?

Derrick Rose: Iím having fun. The experience about going to the Philippines was great. Just going over there, feeling appreciated. I think that was the biggest thing for everyone going over there. I didnít know anyone knew me in the Philippines! That was an experience I will remember forever.

I guess you got the feeling that was a Dream Team for the future.

DR: Yeah, definitely. We all had a good time. Playing over there opened a lot of eyes. It was something that was made in a week. I got it like Tuesday, then Saturday Iím in the Philippines. It happened so quickly.

Now Iím sure you talked about the lockout. How was the feeling between you guys about the whole situation?

DR: Itís hard! I donít have a job right job. And the way itís looking youíre not going to have a jobÖ I havenít felt this way since high school. The way I think about it, it shouldnít be billionaires and millionaires arguing about money. Iím just trying to get out there and play for the fans. I think itís hurting the fans more than anyone else.

So whatís your feeling: no season, shortened seasonÖ?

DR: Itís looking tough, itís looking pretty bad right now. But the only thing I can do now is work out and just pray that itís gonna be a season.

If thereís finally a shortened season or no season at all, would you consider playing overseas?

DR: Iím staying. I donít play pickup basketball. Iím working out in Los Angeles right now. I havenít taken into consideration yet playing overseas. Right now, if I do think about it, the Euroleague is definitely an option I would consider. I would have to talk to my agents and make sure that everything is OK, but Iím hoping right now thereís a season.

After the Heat series, you said your conditioning wasnít good enough. What are you doing this summer to improve it?

DR: Well, itís the first time I ever lifted weight besides college. I think thatís gonna help me evolve my game. I know itís going to be hard because I really donít like lifting like that, but Iíll do anything to win, anything to get that advantage. Benching, squats, sit-ups, push-upsÖ Everything you can think of, Iím doing it right now on one-hour sessions from Monday to Friday. Iím on the court from like 8.30 to 9.30, then go home, sleep till like 1 and then I go to my conditioning.

Are you working on any other aspect of your game?

DR: Just trying to be consistent, be sharp and work on my post-up game.

Time has passed since you won the MVP trophy award. What are your feelings about it now?

DR: It was great but Iím not satisfied. I wonít be satisfied until I win a championship. Iím not satisfied at all. Thereís not a doubt in my mind that Iím not going to win a championship. Iím going win multiple championships. Itís not a doubt in my mind.

Carlos Boozer was a great addition to the team last season, but he struggled a little bit during the playoffs. What do you expect from him and the rest of the guys next season?

DR: Everybody is working out hard right now. If everyone comes in and work on their game, I think that we have a good shot of winning without getting anybody to come to my team. I think everything was just so newÖ Last year was my first time getting past the first round of the playoffs. Everything was just new to everybody, and that thing is gonna help us. Last year was the base for our team and the skyís the limit for us.

So you donít feel you need any additions to the roster?

DR: We donít need it right now. If we sign somebody that can definitely fitÖ But to me I think that we are OK.

What has head coach Tom Thibodeau brought to the table?

DR: Heís the greatest coach Iíve ever had. Just his professionalism, his work ethic as a coachÖ He works as hard as any coach Iíve ever been around. Film session, making sure that we work out everyday hardÖ The only coach Iíve talked to on a regular basis throughout my whole life. He could be looking at film and call me or I could call him no matter how late it is and we talked about basketball.

When was the first time you realize he was such a good coach, that he would help you to achieve your goals?
DR: Last summer, before the season started. Iím 22 years old, my friends are also young, so weíd be up all night. So weíd go to the gym at like 2.30 in the morning, and then weíd go into our practice facility and weíd see his light on in his office. Heíd be working til like 3 am, just looking at film.
:rolllaugh :
 7 years ago '04        #9
ShaDoW1 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,098 | Props total: 1541 1541
we coming for the next 15 rings bi*ches!!!!!!
 7 years ago '04        #10
LordBlanco|M 52 heat pts52
space
space
$36,079 | Props total: 23205 23205
 WiLL i AM said:
my n*gga; u know u done fu*ked up right?
i thought the same sh*t....

inb4aphagsaysknickshaventwonaplayoffgameindecade
 7 years ago '06        #11
marcusaka50 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$31,148 | Props total: 11377 11377
all this nba talk but its not about the lockout.
 7 years ago '05        #12
JimDinO77 16 heat pts16
space
space
$23,135 | Props total: 5945 5945
not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7

and he will not get any hate for his "arrogance" at the hypocritical lebron haters
 7 years ago '07        #13
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,743 | Props total: 1578 1578
Heat Still In The East

Sorry Rose
 7 years ago '06        #14
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,574 | Props total: 1153 1153
So you don’t feel you need any additions to the roster?

DR: We don’t need it right now. If we sign somebody that can definitely fit… But to me I think that we are OK.

..... he going to act like they dont need a shooting guard? let korver chuck up bricks all day and booze fu*king sucks.....rose new guard deng asik and noah = a beast line up
 7 years ago '07        #15
Cartel-Clipz 29 heat pts29
space
space
$31,911 | Props total: 29182 29182

One and done, kid
 7 years ago '06        #16
samsin420 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,949 | Props total: 514 514
The whole "inb4" sh*t is gay as fu*k. Stop.
 7 years ago '11        #17
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,952 | Props total: 1119 1119
 JimDinO77 said:

and he will not get any hate for his "arrogance" at the hypocritical lebron haters
This n*gga lebron was on tv in a packed arena talking about not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7. The statement that lebron made was arrogant. D rose is just saying he will when multiple rings in an interview. Lebron was telling everybody he was going to win this last year and the next 6 years basically...
 7 years ago '07        #18
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 20 20
point god has spoken so it shall happen
 08-21-2011, 04:02 PM         #19
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gotta learn how to count to 10 first...
 7 years ago '08        #20
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$35,907 | Props total: 15190 15190
 JimDinO77 said:

he's not 8 years in the league saying he's gonna win 7 Championships...he just said he will win more than 1.

IMO Bron would have been cool and prolly spot on if he said multiple but he said 7 soooooooo keep the hate going.
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside A$AP Rocky Outsells Pusha T w/ No Buzz In 1st Week Sales Prediction (..
87 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Drake- Iím Upset
406 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA UFC Fight Night 130: Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson vs. Darren Till
346 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Frame on this AMAZON.com/Ninimour Model tho...
36 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
119 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL This guy can still shut down your favorite receiver
60 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smashing With The House Arrest Bracelet On 🤷🏾*♂&..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stanley won the lottery... But don't trust no niggas
35 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy