DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3

most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
17 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #81
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,676 | Props total: 1337 1337
 I AM LEGEND said:
because people didn't just throw away their SD tvs because they stopped. Making them. It's not the standard with Fios. it's a completely different cost per box with HD vs SD. At least that's what I've been told. Whereas DTV has a set flat cost across the whole home no matter how many receivers you have.

sh*tty install, my sh*t never goes out. We do have some guys who absolutely suck though, and I'm fairly certain a lot of them still work for us.
lightning struck my sh*t
 08-18-2011, 10:08 AM         #82
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Venom said:
why you keep saying HD sets? thats the standard, its no SD sets at all. Every company does that charge a fee for every set top box in the house.

last i check, fios have the the most HD channels than any carrier

and since fios dont compress their HD channels, fios HD quality >>>
i want to punch you in the face for talking complete and utter non-sense.

and fios does compress, its slightly better than comcast in terms of HD and comcast = the word HD in the world.
 6 years ago '04        #83
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 IronMaiden said:

and fios does compress, its slightly better than comcast in terms of HD and comcast = the word HD in the world.
me talking utter non-sense? how many times i corrected ya dumbass on these forums

fios do not compress, thats their fu*king selling point. Thats the reason they are low QAM space because their HD channels are not compressed by verizon at all

know ya place when replying back to me

Last edited by Venom; 08-18-2011 at 11:33 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #84
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 113 113
VirginMaiden loses again.
 6 years ago '04        #85
quintosis03 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,180 | Props total: 974 974
 lse4 said:
Would I be able to use my cousins account like NFL Sunday ticket to go
i was wondering the same thing. if could find someone with directv and link it to my ps3. i would not mind paying the $50 for it. that $339 is a little too much for me though.
 6 years ago '05        #86
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,255 | Props total: 2432 2432
 quintosis03 said:
i was wondering the same thing. if could find someone with directv and link it to my ps3. i would not mind paying the $50 for it. that $339 is a little too much for me though.
if there already paying for the DTV and sunday ticket you would just have to give them the $50 for ps3 access. just hope they dont ask you to help with the $399 payment lol.
 6 years ago '06        #87
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
wasnt Dirct TV giving the NFL package away during the lockout?
 6 years ago '05        #88
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,882 | Props total: 20920 20920
I'll stick with going to local bars with Sunday Ticket to watch my Niners play every Sunday.
 08-18-2011, 01:29 PM         #89
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Venom said:
me talking utter non-sense? how many times i corrected ya dumbass on these forums

fios do not compress, thats their fu*king selling point. Thats the reason they are low QAM space because their HD channels are not compressed by verizon at all

know ya place when replying back to me
goto AVS forums.

verizon has compressed 720p-1080i output, it's been PROVEN.

and lol @ engadget being a source.
 08-18-2011, 01:33 PM         #90
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WaveDoe said:
I was almost gonna come in here and praise the PS3...then i saw the details.
this

I was just about to say PS3 won......then I saw the pricing

hopes M$ gets this for gold members for a cheaper price
 6 years ago '04        #91
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
goto AVS forums.

verizon dont compress their HD channels period. networks may compress their HD channels to their liking but verizon dont compress their channels further when they receive like other carriers do.

And no, that dont prove sh*t, cause you happen to find a channel that a network compressed compared to the rest of their HD line up. so what endgadget is source, more credible than you

google on your own and show me different
 6 years ago '04        #92
quintosis03 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,180 | Props total: 974 974
 HiRolliN said:
if there already paying for the DTV and sunday ticket you would just have to give them the $50 for ps3 access. just hope they dont ask you to help with the $399 payment lol.
i though directv was giving everyone the sunday ticket for free this year. (at least all those fu*king commercials say so.) and hell no i aint helping them pay that $400. lol.
 6 years ago '05        #93
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,255 | Props total: 2432 2432
 quintosis03 said:
i though directv was giving everyone the sunday ticket for free this year. (at least all those fu*king commercials say so.) and hell no i aint helping them pay that $400. lol.
there giving it free to new customers not existing customers
 08-19-2011, 07:02 AM         #94
divine5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Seems like a good deal to me. 350 to watch every NFL game. I'd go for that.
 6 years ago '04        #95
grydlok 38 heat pts38
space
space
$8,639 | Props total: 1085 1085
 IronMaiden said:

FIOS doesn't compress, they will remux mpeg4 feeds back to mpeg2 because there system is set-up only for mpeg2.
FIOS HD/SD quality is tops and no one from industry is disputing that but Directv's mpeg4 HD feeds are great also.

I had both at the same time and FIOS was clearly better in terms of picture however the equipment sucked(small hard drive in the DVR).

Back to the topic
you can break it up in payments but apparently just like last year you have to prove that you are unable to obtain DTv service(noLOS). The 50 dollars covers more than your PS3 but you can put it on your Smartphone, tablet, Roku, laptop, and PS3.
 6 years ago '04        #96
grydlok 38 heat pts38
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
goto AVS forums.

That is not compression that is what the device outputs. Since no actual broadcasters actually transmits in 1080P (except for the few On demand tittles) it does not matter.
I been a member of AVS since 04 and I follow a lot of technology products and trends and you are the first person that I have seen to confuse output resolution with compression.

"Currently, broadcasters are facing the challenge of needing to "squeeze" the finer picture detail and higher quality surround sound in the traditional 6 (Mhz) bandwidth used by analog TV. This is achieved through the use of compression software.

Digital TV broadcasting is possible due to the use of a compression and encoding scheme known as MPEG-2. This encoding scheme allows for the compression of the clear and stunning images of digital TV to "fit" into a reasonable amount of bandwidth. In each image, the MPEG-2 software records just enough of the picture without making it look like something is missing. In subsequent frames, the software only records changes to the image and leaves the rest of the image "as is" from the previous frame. The use of MPEG-2 enables the reduction of the amount of data by about 55 to 1.

Already adopted as industry standard by DVDs and several satellite TV broadcast systems, MPEG-2 is very efficient at discarding image detail that the human eye tends to ignore anyway. The image quality is considered to be quite good, and far better than traditional analog TV.

The use of MPEG-2 technology allows an HDTV receiver to communicate with computer multimedia applications directly. This allows for a show broadcast in HDTV to be recorded on a computer or a CD-ROM to be played on HDTV systems. A digital TV decodes the MPEG-2 signal and displays it just as a computer monitor does, giving it high resolution and stability.

The MPEG-2 technology, however, still takes up a significant amount of bandwidth, and so satellite broadcasters have begun to embrace the newer technology of MPEG-4. MPEG-4 compression technology is able to squeeze twice as much HD video into the same amount of bandwidth as MPEG-2. Others will soon likely follow the satellite broadcaster's leads and slowly begin to embrace the newer MPEG-4 technology, making it the new standard."
 6 years ago '04        #97
grydlok 38 heat pts38
space
space
 d4deesnuts said:
How is this a bad thing? If u dont like football then it doesn't concern u and if u do love football and dont have direct tv(like me) then this is great news. Yeah the price point seems a lil high but of course they're gonna charge u a bit more to use their sh*t for not being with directtv. Anyways, i look at it like this, i almost bought 2 tix to the bucs/ colts monday night game which would've been about 250(not including taxes, ticketmaster fee, etc...) but for another 100 bucks, i'd get every single game played this season on my s3xy a.ss bravia? The only reason i'm not gonna do it is cuz my fu*kn job schedules me to work on sundays and i'd want every sunday off if i paid for this.
yeah that did sucks but I always had Sundays off because I did primarily commercial work.
 6 years ago '04        #98
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
maiden looks stupid again
 6 years ago '11        #99
sosobased 
space
space
$975 | Props total: 3 3
i would buy it if it was college.