Best Buy Has 200K Unsold TouchPads, Wants HP To Take Them Back

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
209 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
i thought tablets were useless until I bought one...now I use it all the time

As soon as you cop one you think "damn, why didnt I get this sooner"
 6 years ago '05        #22
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Maybe if HP didnt have garbage commercials they'd sell more of these
 6 years ago '05        #23
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
 mtva24 said:
whats the point of getting a tablet again
Seriously, i never understood the appeal.... it's not a cell phone but it's not quite a computer either...
 6 years ago '08        #24
barack obama 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,730 | Props total: 100 100
 bi0 said:
why don't they just sell them at a discounted price so people can up they tech game up... corporate America is backwards scumbags... Supply and demand drop the price and sell low...
i know! i think its because it cost them a lot to produce every one of them, so say its 600$ now, and we want it for $200, but if it cost them $220 to make, theyd lose a ton, but hey HP its better then taking back ALL of them to the warehouse lmao
 08-17-2011, 09:51 PM         #25
Shakezula714 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
only tablet i might get are the acer iconia or the asus transformer because of the micro sd expansion slot
 6 years ago '05        #26
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
Tragedy
 6 years ago '10        #27
raptor 
space
space
$226 | Props total: 0 0
use my ipad to browse the net, play games (basic, got xbox for 'proper' games), read books.

i don't own a laptop (home pc is a desktop) - my ipad is more portable with a better battery life (and a much smaller charger to carry around) and does everything i'd use a laptop for (including skype, chat programs etc).

i mean i get that people don't -need- to buy them, but once you factor in all the reading i do, i prob use my ipad 2-3 hours a day. haven't regretted the purchase once.
 6 years ago '04        #28
chirpflare 173 heat pts173
space
space
$4,022 | Props total: 37 37
 Shakezula714 said:
only tablet i might get are the acer iconia or the asus transformer because of the micro sd expansion slot
ACER?
 6 years ago '04        #29
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,593 | Props total: 1013 1013
 marcusaka50 said:
those touch pads are dope i would love one but i refuse to buy one.

its a waste of money.

i got a desktop, laptop, and evo..............wtf i need a ipad for?
That's the thing you don't need it. Comparing laptops to tabs is just fu*king stupid. They're not that similar. I used to think the same way until I actually copped a tablet. In most (not all) cases a tablet is going to have better battery life. Secondly if you travel, a laptop really isn't that ideal for a plane unless you're in first class. I live in Pittsburgh and fly back to LA and Vegas few times a year and my 17 inch laptop isn't really ideal for coach.

To me, Tabs are the ultimate portable device, a little more than the phone and a little less than the laptop. I'd rather watch a movie on a 7 to 10 inch screen than a 4 inch one a drain my battery in the process especially if we're talkin Evos

chirpflare said:
ACER?
Don't be ignorant. I have the Acer A500 and the iPad. I love that Acer. Just because you don't know sh*t about them doesn't mean they don't make a quality product. I'll take the Acer A500 or the Asus Transformer over the Xoom or the Galaxy 10.1 any day.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 08-17-2011 at 10:32 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #30
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,685 | Props total: 432 432
iPad>>>
 6 years ago '04        #31
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
no one is developing for it. I love WebOS actually. It's very slick OS but when I only have 5k apps to choose from and I can get 100K plus on Android and IOS why would I bother?
 6 years ago '06        #32
504survivor 
space
space
$1,202 | Props total: 37 37
Acer Iconia ftw
 6 years ago '07        #33
Spoken210 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,670 | Props total: 0 0
 Andrefrbk said:
If i was CEO of bestbuy id say... "if you dont take ur shiit back, bb will never purchase from you again..."
really. lol
 6 years ago '10        #34
Seymore Cake 19 heat pts19
space
space
$22,952 | Props total: 8849 8849
I work at Staples and i've only seen 2 sold and 1 was to an employee

Dude dropped $800+ with a case and warranty on it, when 3 weeks prior they had a $100 off coupon for all the tablets we sell
 6 years ago '04        #35
gshag33 36 heat pts36
space
space
$13,658 | Props total: 4175 4175
I really don't feel like jumping in on this in too much detail but to put it simply:

Anyone can do the hardware, the dual-core tegra cpu + 1 gb of ram is the same across all the units.

The difference is that HP has WebOS (which is nice (designed by Palm), but can't even begin to compete with Android)

The Toshiba Thrive is the only unit that has a removable battery you can replace yourself (like a laptop). That's a HUGE selling point.

The Asus Transformer is 2nd up, it looks sick as fu*k & the add-ons & accessories sh*t on the rest.

The only other features to consider are the full-size USB port (pointless unless you really want it) and microSD expansion (which the Toshiba & Asus both have).

Oh, and with the HP? You have to buy a 99 cent app to use the camera. There is no native camera app out of the box!
 08-18-2011, 04:01 AM         #36
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I bet some of these people still call iPad users sheep because they don't want to deal with relatively obscure consumer tablets.
 6 years ago '04        #37
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
iPad takes another soul
 08-18-2011, 12:27 PM         #38
chronicles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Web OS is nice and fast. Really a nice OS i wish more people supported it what a shame
 6 years ago '04        #39
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,325 | Props total: 2729 2729
 chronicles said:
Web OS is nice and fast. Really a nice OS i wish more people supported it what a shame
The problem is that web os hardware is the reason why webos lacks support from people.
 6 years ago '04        #40
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
 VictoryThagr8 said:
The problem is that web os hardware is the reason why webos lacks support from people.
i dont think hardware is the issue anymore, as it was during the pre- days.

the hardware is fine, the poor marketing is the problem. they announced the pre3 half a year ago, and it only NOW came out in europe. its not even dropping in america.

if they released the touchpad at the discounted price AND with the 3.0.2 system update, i guarantee the reviews would have been amazing. instead they released it early, bugged and expensive. bad marketing.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy