SOHH Exclusive: "I Can Tell You Who I Think Is Overrated, Jay-Z"

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
31 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
103 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
271 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-16-2011, 01:36 PM         #1
5511 pageviews
94 comments

s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SOHH Exclusive: "I Can Tell You Who I Think Is Overrated, Jay-Z"

[pic - click to view]

While Jay-Z may have lost Rolling Stone's "King of Hip-Hop" title to Eminem this week, pop singer Sabrina tells SOHH he easily earns the crown for as the most overrated rapper.

Although Sabrina is not a fan of Hov's latest offerings, she did admit to liking the material he released prior to achieving rap mogul status.

"I can tell you who I think is overrated," Sabrina told SOHH when asked to name who she feels is the most underrated rapper in hip-hop. "Jay-Z. Definitely. I might take some heat for that one but I just, I don't know. My fiance is a huge fan and he quotes lyrics and I'm just like, 'Dude, that's not even smart.' I don't know. I miss his old stuff. [I saw] videos of him when he was just starting, when he wasn't really well-known and he can really rap. I didn't realize he could. He always sings off beat, you know? He can really rap but I just wish he could go back to that style that he first started out with. That was hot. What he does now, I don't feel it at all -- I really don't feel him at all. I like Kanye [West's] creativity and his image and the stuff he puts out visually. I love. I love the fact he's a designer. I can't stand his attitude. That to me is such a turn off to girls. But his stuff? Give or take. He's a real artist." (SOHH)

A few years ago, a Houston Press writer labeled Jay as "America's Most Overrated Rapper".

A more appropriate title for Jay-Z is Most Overrated Rapper. Ever. With Tuesday's release of his second post-retirement album -- inspired by the movie American Gangster and, if the leaked single "Blue Magic" is any indication, crappy -- it's time to clear the air. Rap critics fear that the guy they've loved for so long has fallen off, but it's time to face facts. He was never really on. (Houston Press)

On the contrary, model-turned-reality star Miss Tila recently told SOHH she believes Hov is the King of New York.

"I have much respect for Nas, he's done a lot for the hip-hop community but I definitely, yeah, I don't think anybody can beat Jay-Z at this point," Tila told SOHH when asked who she views as the King of New York. "Jay-Z's definitely the King of New York. I've been his fan ever since he was just running around with Foxy Brown. I grew up in Houston, Texas [and] I just watched his career grow and grow and he's just a huge mogul. It's very inspiring so I thought, 'Hey, maybe I can move out to New York and follow in his footsteps.'" (SOHH)

A couple years ago, Jay-Z explained why he crowns himself as the "Best Rapper Alive".

"But when I say I'm the best, I don't say that outta my a**," Jay said in an interview. "I say that with all my stats behind me. I put that against anybody. I mean anybody. I really believe that...I believe in a lot of things. I believe that 'SportsCenter' is the best thing on TV. I shouldn't have to prove it. But I do have these stats to prove it. I'm talking about real run. I'm not talking about years off. I'm talking about straight--boom, boom, boom--back to back. We're not talking about heritage acts either. We're not talking about respect what I've done. I'm talking No. 1 [albums] 10 times. The Beatles is the only one [to have more No. 1 albums]. They got 19, and if I get a surge of creativity, I could make nine albums next year." (XXL Magazine)

[pic - click to view]

"I Can Tell You Who I Think Is Overrated, Jay-Z" | SOHH.COM

94 comments for "SOHH Exclusive: "I Can Tell You Who I Think Is Overrated, Jay-Z""

6 years ago '06        #2
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,408 | Props total: 961 961
:wtf:
 6 years ago '10        #3
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,618 | Props total: 30598 30598
who the fu*k is Sabrina ?

And the two most overated are em and wayne
 6 years ago '04        #4
Smartass 
space
space
$1,677 | Props total: 0 0
"But would you rather be underpaid or overrated?"
 08-16-2011, 01:40 PM         #5
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

WHO?
 6 years ago '11        #6
Kluminati 7 heat pts
space
space
$496 | Props total: 363 363
Sabrina had it right. 90's Jay > Jay After Ether
 6 years ago '05        #7
Flatbush85 54 heat pts54
space
space
$14,388 | Props total: 697 697
Eminem definitely holds most overrated. Hov just needs to retire.
 6 years ago '06        #8
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,696 | Props total: 8660 8660
jayz isnt overrated i just think he isnt the GOAT.

i dont believe in one rapper being the GOAT.
 08-16-2011, 01:42 PM         #9
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who?
 6 years ago '07        #10
Ratty Tat Tat 
space
space
space
$971 | Props total: 56 56
 karr153 said:
Eminem definitely holds most overrated. Hov just needs to retire.
 6 years ago '05        #11
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,788 | Props total: 4903 4903
 Kluminati said:
Sabrina had it right. 90's Jay > Jay After Ether
Yet two of his 3 best albums were in the 2000s. n*gga you nor Sabrina know what the fu*k you are talking about.
 6 years ago '07        #12
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,916 | Props total: 1802 1802
I don't know who the f*ck Sabrina is, but she's right.
 6 years ago '07        #13
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,452 | Props total: 16226 16226
 SmoothTay said:
who the fu*k is Sabrina ?

And the two most overated are em and wayne
wow I just said the same exact thing "who the fu*k is Sabrina"
 08-16-2011, 01:46 PM         #14
freakbucket  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
umm...who is Sabrina?
 6 years ago '07        #15
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,628 | Props total: 3274 3274
Jay has been awful the past couple of albums
 08-16-2011, 01:48 PM         #16
freakbucket  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what's funny about rap is that ....the only thing that can actually matter are stats...and Jay-Z's stats are ridiculous. Eminem is the only one with stats like that, for so long. People don't feel him the same because...sh*t, he doesn't rap the same. It's hard to be 25 and rap the same way when you're rich as fu*k, married, and damn near 50. life isn't the same.
 6 years ago '04        #17
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 SmoothTay said:
who the fu*k is Sabrina?
Took the words right out of my mouth.

The internet gives too many people who have 0 credentials too big of a podium to voice their opinion(s) to the masses.

F-ck your thoughts, Sabrina. :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '10        #18
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
wayne is the most overrated
 6 years ago '08        #19
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,582 | Props total: 17255 17255
that Camel been played out, if it wasn't for the gayfish he wouldn't be anything
 6 years ago '10        #20
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
 UniqueUnicorn said:

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
112 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
126 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy