Jay-Z & Kanye West's "WTT" First-Week Sales Projections Drop Below 500K

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
92 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #121
Wavy WoNka 
space
space
space
$568 | Props total: 1 1
Even if it had released in stores the same day it was released on itunes,then you're losing digital sales to physical sales. So I'd say that regardless of what they did with releasing digital first (to try and trick people into thinking that the album "didn't leak".which worked perfectly ),they were gonna do approximately the same numbers.
 6 years ago '07        #122
PLAN_B 
space
space
$848 | Props total: 23 23
 6 years ago '08        #123
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,820 | Props total: 12519 12519
At the end of the day its only counting 3 days of physical release...honestly what happens in its 2nd week is the most important
 08-16-2011, 06:44 PM         #124
><>Young'n<><  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The reason for underperforming? 1. iTunes exclusivity for 4 days 2. Digital copies were just as expensive, if not more, than the physical albums 3. Physical media is still preferred by consumers 4. Best Buy was the only retailer that sold the album (funny because I got mine at HMV friday and Best Buy still didn't have them in until today) 5. Some Best Buy's didn't even get the album on time, I know the one by me got them in this morning.

It's nice that they prevented a leak for them, but they completely alienated people who wanted to buy a physical copy on every level which probably translated into lower-than-expected sales.

Or maybe people realized the album was pretty garbage
 6 years ago '08        #125
srikarr12 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$213 | Props total: 0 0
"She will" be "watching the flop"
 6 years ago '08        #126
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,820 | Props total: 12519 12519
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
The reason for underperforming? 1. iTunes exclusivity for 4 days 2. Digital copies were just as expensive, if not more, than the physical albums 3. Physical media is still preferred by consumers 4. Best Buy was the only retailer that sold the album (funny because I got mine at HMV friday and Best Buy still didn't have them in until today) 5. Some Best Buy's didn't even get the album on time, I know the one by me got them in this morning.

It's nice that they prevented a leak for them, but they completely alienated people who wanted to buy a physical copy on every level which probably translated into lower-than-expected sales.

Or maybe people realized the album was pretty garbage

^CLEARLY has not heard the album
 6 years ago '04        #127
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,433 | Props total: 6480 6480
 Javon23 said:
Marketing my a.ss
Otis is the #1 song in rotation on Radio One Stations
The premiered the Otis Video simultaneously on every major music television network
Watch the Throne video debuts Thursday at 8:56 p.m. ET/PT on MTV, MTV2, mtvU, MTV.com and BET.

I bet that cost nickel and dimes to do right

And then you have the stans that hype this sh*t the hell up like some retro jordans that sell off the shelves thanks to word of mouth.
try again defending this bullsh*t
JAY CAN DO NO WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you mean the video that came out after the album was on itunes and one day before it was in best buy...O THAT DID IT. THATS ALL THE PROMOTION THEY NEEDED
 6 years ago '11        #128
DJ EM Double 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,710 | Props total: 3058 3058
Sheeeit i bootleg every thing and even I bought this album that counts as a win in my eyes I even paid to go to their concert. Anybody who is hating on this being a success is retarded or living in a dream world.
 6 years ago '04        #129
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,357 | Props total: 8456 8456
 justinjones said:
you mean the video that came out after the album was on itunes and one day before it was in best buy...O THAT DID IT. THATS ALL THE PROMOTION THEY NEEDED
Excuse Excuse
go right ahead and keep defending your savior

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #130
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,433 | Props total: 6480 6480
 Javon23 said:
Excuse Excuse

[pic - click to view]

thats the best you can come up with? im stating facts like you son
 08-16-2011, 07:15 PM         #131
><>Young'n<><  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Blueprint said:
[/SIZE]
^CLEARLY has not heard the album
I posted right in there that I BOUGHT the album. Packaging is nice for 14.99, some of those songs are absolute trash though and bring the whole album down. Lift Off, Who Gon Stop Me, Gotta Have It, Welcome To The Jungle, n*ggas In Paris, f!ghters...erm I mean Made In America

murder to Excellence, New Day, No Church, The Joy, and That's My bi*ch though...that's another story
 6 years ago '04        #132
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1472 1472
yall are stupid... yall don't think yeezy and jay got sweeter deals... them n*ggas got bread probably from best buy... just to have their album exclusively sold there... yall must of forgotten that jay-z is a businessman before anything...
 08-16-2011, 09:01 PM         #133
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
The 4 week total won't be over 1.5 so it doesn't even matter...this will be a hardbody flop
Get off the net and go take care of your seed Hamburglar a.ss n*gga.
 6 years ago '05        #134
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1688 1688
 MrIndieArtist said:
never seen so much d!ckriding in all my life. usually when a lot of people like some form of music its lame.
So fitting for your username
 08-16-2011, 09:05 PM         #135
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
Excuse Excuse

[pic - click to view]

I guess I'd be this mad if I had to live in a sh*thole like Ohio and pretend to be proud of it. I mean, you're borderling on being an obsessive female about an album you dont like. But I forgot that you like being Boxden's version of Skip Bayless.

How many Bottles of Pink Champagne have you gone through tonight?
 08-16-2011, 09:08 PM         #136
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MrIndieArtist said:
never seen so much d!ckriding in all my life. usually when a lot of people like some form of music its lame.
I bet you're still in high school.
 6 years ago '05        #137
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 D.O.H. said:
in reality its like this: if you look at Jay-Z and Kanye's last few cds, both always do something in the 400k range first week. So they did just like they always do. Expecting more was over estimating how many people outside of their usual fanbase would buy the cd. Kanye and Jay-Z pretty much share the same fanbase so there is no case where this would get both of their fanbase to buy the cd.
Realist post thus far! People acting like them coming together would equal a larger fanbase, when in reality most fan of either are likely yo be fans of both. This isn't a Jay/Linkin Park collaboration where you are combing two different fanbases.

Also only hip hop fans mostly kept tabs on Watch The Throne, most causal listeners only knew of it but nothing more if even that.
 6 years ago '05        #138
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,785 | Props total: 4899 4899
Decent numbers. But this is probably the concession that artists have to make if they go the exclusive digital route. 1st week sales can't be used to judge a flop or not. Certainly not saying just under 500K is a flop, but you have to believe that it probably does about 200K more if they released it everywhere instead of going from iTunes exclusivity then to Best Buy exclusivity and the numbers being based heavily on those two outlets. First week sales can't be used to judge the success of this album.
 6 years ago '11        #139
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
Yall know the physical copy hasnt actually been available for a week yet, right?
 6 years ago '05        #140
The Problem 
space
space
$1,636 | Props total: 289 289
album is whack.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
56 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy