Jay-Z & Kanye West’s Anti-Leak Methods Revealed

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
53 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
298 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 27 27
Yall saying genuis & smart but really its common sense.
 6 years ago '05        #42
aKtIvItY! 
space
space
$1,031 | Props total: 0 0
 Hussle said:
"Pelican briefcase that were only accessible using his fingerprints"

thats pretty serious, on some 007 type sh*t
eh, not really. you can cop a fingerprint scanner for like 50 bucks now

6 years ago '04        #43
Drug Free|M 11 heat pts11
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 1362 1362
why are they getting praised for putting a digital release before a hardy copy release?

mixtapes been doing that forever.
 6 years ago '11        #44
RedRosary 45 heat pts45
space
space
$782 | Props total: 228 228
anybody got a download link
 6 years ago '10        #45
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,683 | Props total: 203 203
it just proves how lazy artists are now-a-days. if you keep your sh*t on YOU or with people you trust, or keep it locked up and secure the entire time during the recording process - you can pull it off. but artists rarely record collabs together any more, and email/send sh*t to each other through 3rd parties. I'm sure there's more to this effort by kanye and jay than described, such as paying people off with sh*tloads of $$. so maybe some artists can't afford to keep their CDs from leaking, but still, if you really want your sh*t not to leak - this proves you can do just that with the right game plan in place.
 6 years ago '06        #46
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4832 4832
 Maroon_Tiger said:
piracy will be extinct when itunes starts making copy proof files that only play on one account, and only 1-2 computers for each account
that sh*t will be cracked in months if not weeks if it ever happens
 6 years ago '05        #47
Flatbush85 54 heat pts54
space
space
$14,388 | Props total: 697 697
 Wasted said:
It would be fu*ked up if fingerprint technology didn't work. I have fingerprint technology on my laptop nothing new. That's why I don't use it.
 aKtIvItY! said:
eh, not really. you can cop a fingerprint scanner for like 50 bucks now

I'm sayin, why are n*ggas all surprised. Biometric readers have been on laptops and cheaply available for about 8 years.
 6 years ago '11        #48
Wavy WoNka 
space
space
space
$568 | Props total: 1 1
This method will only work if you're as big artist as Jay and Kanye who can turn an album release into an event then you can afford to not bother recording in studios and then p!ss off the retailer by making them wait for physical copies.The majority of artist can't do that because they're not that well of established,they can't afford to prevent studio leaks by jetting around the world and record in mansions.They need to drop soon as they can in as many formats as the public demands.

Last edited by Wavy WoNka; 08-16-2011 at 05:19 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #49
TniaS 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,490 | Props total: 720 720
Not every artist can do this though... If your not sending your tracks for features and releasing some to get a buzz nobody will buy the album anyways...
 6 years ago '04        #50
Drug Free|M 11 heat pts11
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 1362 1362
they coulda kept the files in kim kardashians pus*y...as soon as the cd woulda hit the duplicators..it woulda leaked.

the only thing that stopped it from leaking was releasing digital first..they treated it like a mixtape.

whens the last time a mixtape leaked early?
 6 years ago '09        #51
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,724 | Props total: 6222 6222
There seems to be a bigger deal being made about how it didnt leak than the album itself which cant be good
 6 years ago '04        #52
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
pure logic, thats all...
 6 years ago '04        #53
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,485 | Props total: 6644 6644
People have been using biometrics for security for years...
It's nothing too fancy or out of most peoples reach.
Limit the amount of hands and actually KEEP UP with where your sh*t is going = less leaks
 6 years ago '10        #54
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
i can give a fu*k.....its still gonna hit the net and im still gonna download without purchase of cd.........sheep will buy while the wolves will still feast.
 6 years ago '09        #55
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 7974 7974
 Everest said:
why did it take so long for artists to understand that if you limit access, you limit access.
n*ggas are stupid
 6 years ago '04        #56
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,566 | Props total: 2426 2426
Albums are still gonna leak so
 6 years ago '04        #57
slapaho 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,301 | Props total: 2497 2497
anyone who really has control over the material they release has no issue with making sure cds dont leak. thats apart of being an artist you dont record the sh*t send it to press or the label and wash your hands of the sh*t.. thats sh*tty bizzness.

most sh-t ends being leaked directly from those who make it thats the part they wont admit tho.

i cant believe a magazine wrote about this story like its some mystery.
 08-16-2011, 09:58 AM         #58
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 j3rz said:
exactly

the album dropped at midnight and there were links up 15 minutes after so whats the big deal... ill still download and listen to an album before i buy cus im not wasting money if the sh*ts trash
But those people are the bottom of the barrel types... Myself and most people I interact with always get CD's before they release, but only for the fact that it's available.. not because it's free. Then when it comes out, there is the question why buy something that I already have, and have had for a week or two... So If I liked it alot and I think I will listen to it for some time to come I'll go ahead and buy it, if not it was prolly in the trash before it released any way.

With WTT I didn't have this problem, because it was available to everybody at the same time. I can either pay for it or get it for free at the same time That's too easy for me BUY it of course. I can only think of two reasons not to buy it...

1. $18 is way too much $ for me. (I felt like a loser just typing that) I could see if CD's were $100, then I'd prolly be like fu*k that... but come on $18 dollars tho???

2. I have $18 but for whatever reasons I'm just gonna steal this CD because I can. I and most people I know have way too much honor and respect for ourselves for that. If I'm going to steal something it better be waaaaaaay the fu*k more valuable than 18 punk a.ss dollars.

Last edited by 80sbabyent; 08-16-2011 at 10:01 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #59
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
 RoyceDa59 said:
Only artist of this magnitude could pull this off, n*ggas don't have the bread Jay and Ye got.
But you can do some things like emails, mega upload with a wierd file name - limit access...there are a bunch of ways and you dont even need a suitcase.
 6 years ago '05        #60
question49 
space
space
$382 | Props total: 0 0
 RoyceDa59 said:
Only artist of this magnitude could pull this off, n*ggas don't have the bread Jay and Ye got.
Exactly, and at what point does it become pointless or even worth it. Do they really expect to make all that money back that they are spending on securing their product because the reality is once a physical disc is in someones possession, it will eventually be pirated.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy