Jay-Z & Kanye West’s Anti-Leak Methods Revealed

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
176 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 morrow05 said:
Pure genius...maybe sales would get better just a little bit.
Good albums that leak will still get sales. sh*tty ones won't. Not like people who just download cd's all of a sudden are gonna buy a album just because it didn't leak early. This leaking crap is just a excuse for poor music.
 08-16-2011, 01:56 AM         #22
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Everest said:
why did it take so long for artists to understand that if you limit access, you limit access.
Exactly

But that's too much work for labels to goto on a normal artist that will only go gold at most. We'll only see this happening with the Jay's, Ye's and Biebers of music
 6 years ago '04        #23
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
Y'all know what's really funny? Y'all giving them props for delaying the inevitable. Who do you know says "Oh, I can't get the album a week before release date? I guess I might as well wait and buy it"?

Whoever plans on buying an album will buy it and whoever plans on downloading it for free will download it for free, it's only a matter of time.
 6 years ago '06        #24
RAZAH CUTS 5840 heat pts5840
space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 18895 18895
 RYLNYC said:
Y'all are easily impressed, folks. Subtract all that nonsense about the fingerprints and 007 f-ckery and take in the key part: they did a digital release before a physical release.

I've said this like 3 times before in WTT related threads: when you do a digital iTunes release, you're cutting out a lot of middle men and x-factors. Digital release = artist sends master tracks to iTunes.. done. Physical release = artist sends masters to recording studios, printing presses, packaging factories, distributions, retail stores (a day or 2 before release), and a bunch of other outlets that include HUNDREDS (if not thousands) of unknown people getting their hands on the album.

Kendrick Lamar did the exact same thing and his album didn't leak unto a couple of hours before release date. And not to be technical, but I had a copy of WTT like an hour before August 8th so it's not 100% fool proof
this...

it really don't matter if it leak if muthafu*kas is ripping it to the web less than 15 minutes after it drops digitally...
 6 years ago '11        #25
Lanvin 1 heat pts
space
space
$43 | Props total: 0 0
say goodbye to leaks
 08-16-2011, 02:09 AM         #26
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lanvin said:
say goodbye to leaks

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #27
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
This process only works when your project is notable and anticipated. They can get away with staggering CD sales for a digital-only release. People cared enough to wanna hear it. They didn't need to ship review copies, and they knew media would k!ll their mothers for an invite to a listening party.

It's about clout, resources, and control -- three things most artists don't have when they're just trying to expand their reach.
 08-16-2011, 02:19 AM         #28
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wonder if this project existed as a test for this distribution model. Like record labels paid to clear these extremely expensive samples, extremely elaborate packaging, the whole nine...but they also pioneered a new content distribution method.
 08-16-2011, 02:19 AM         #29
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RYLNYC said:
Y'all know what's really funny? Y'all giving them props for delaying the inevitable. Who do you know says "Oh, I can't get the album a week before release date? I guess I might as well wait and buy it"?

Whoever plans on buying an album will buy it and whoever plans on downloading it for free will download it for free, it's only a matter of time.
 08-16-2011, 02:21 AM         #30
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
I applaud them both for this feat. They revolutionized the anti-leak game more than they have hip hop in their careers. Respect.
Without fail, you're in every jay/kanye thread throwing hate. You seem sad as fu*k that Scott Storch is a failure.
 6 years ago '05        #31
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,451 | Props total: 25144 25144
Along with those precautions, the duo didn’t send the CD to get pressed up until days after it already debuted on iTunes.
...They Drop Extra Paper To Push The Album Out Fast In Pressing. That Was One of The Key of It Not Leaking & Thats All Im Say On That.

Just Cause They Did Digital Release First Isnt Going Stop The Album Getting Around The Net. One Buys The Album On iTunes & Share With Hundreds, Thousands and Maybe...Millions.
 6 years ago '04        #32
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #33
Matt 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,726 | Props total: 104 104
 MegaTON said:

[pic - click to view]

I dont get it.
 6 years ago '11        #34
j3rz 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,977 | Props total: 862 862
 RYLNYC said:

exactly

the album dropped at midnight and there were links up 15 minutes after so whats the big deal... ill still download and listen to an album before i buy cus im not wasting money if the sh*ts trash
 6 years ago '05        #35
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 Hussle said:
"Pelican briefcase that were only accessible using his fingerprints"

thats pretty serious, on some 007 type sh*t
It would be fu*ked up if fingerprint technology didn't work. I have fingerprint technology on my laptop nothing new. That's why I don't use it.

6 years ago '10        #36
smokinthe420 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,433 | Props total: 6603 6603
 TheGame4705 said:
genius but when are they going to come out with a way to stop the piracy after the cd has hit the market

don't let me find u posting bullsh*t like this again

6 years ago '06        #37
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
 Dangerously said:
Without fail, you're in every jay/kanye thread throwing hate. You seem sad as fu*k that Scott Storch is a failure.
Really? Last time I checked him and Timbo patched things up, he's making music again, and got handpicked by Dre to work on his highly-anticipated album Detox. :) bi*ch.
 6 years ago '05        #38
The Problem 
space
space
$1,636 | Props total: 289 289
This costs money. They wont do this for a new artist. The CD sucks btw.
 6 years ago '07        #39
Bighempin of QM 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,822 | Props total: 1682 1682
It dropped on a Monday and itunes release it on Tuesday rite if so their plan failed!
 6 years ago '11        #40
Silencer 78 heat pts78
space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 3438 3438
Yo I pretty much said thats how they did it in another thread a few days ago minus the finger print sh*t. They kept everything In House and used their own engineers the sh*t aint rocket science.
Plus the less amount of people you have on your project the better your chances are of your sh*t not being out there before its time. Meaning if you collab with this artist and that producer dont give them copies of it, dont e-mail the track with your verse and hook and tell the other artist to mail it back with his verse added. Do it all in person like the old days.
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago