Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
106 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-16-2011, 10:24 PM         #341
KCK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iggyemu said:
I think you can argue that. Definitely from the way Doctor's Advocate sounds. To this day my ears still perk up when I hear "One Blood". I think what I enjoyed about The Doc is how intricately Game told the story of West Coast hip hop. I think the sound of the West was there in Doctor's Advocate, but Game himself didn't have the same stories to tell and when he'd mention some of the stuff it'd start to become that gimmicky name dropping that people k!ll him for. The novelty had worn off.

But am I wrong in thinking that if the The Documentary is at the mountain top....every album since has been a step down?
You can definitely argue that, although I think that Doctor's Advocate might be a bit better. I'm not really even sure if I agree with you about The Documentary... what I hear in The Doc is Game pretty much being Game, just a little bit more rough around the edges - the gangbanging talk, the incessant name dropping... the only songs that sound particularly west coast on that album, IMO, are Westside Story, Higher, How We Do, The Documentary, Runnin, and Where I'm From. Aside from Don't Need Your Love, No More Fun & Games, Don't Worry, and Like Father, Like Son, I don't even really see a whole lot of storytelling on TD.

While on Doctor's Advocate, the whole album gives me a straight west coast vibe, and I think he improved his flow (if not lyrics) considerably. Lookin At You, Da sh*t, One Blood, Compton, Remedy, Let's Ride, Too Much, One Night, Doc's Advocate, Ol English, California Vacation, Bang... those are songs that I immediately think of when I think of west coast hip-hop. When I think of The Documentary, I think of a big-budget sampler of who's who/what's hot in 2005 hip-hop. I think they're both great albums.

If any of that makes sense...
 6 years ago '04        #342
doro85 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,166 | Props total: 435 435
after listenin... 1-10 are decent but the album falls the fu*k off after that
 6 years ago '04        #343
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
just gave it a few good spins and overall a solid to dope album, nothing classic but pretty dope, he couldve cut a few tracks and added infrared, red, believe dat, and the town from the hoodmorning mixtape and the album would have been better, ni*gaz act like its a sin to like a lil r&b but the tracks with lloyd, chris brown, and mario are all dope
overall another solid release from game and oh yeah it definetly farts and doo doo's all over WTT just for the record
 6 years ago '10        #344
keezy504 18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,411 | Props total: 1782 1782
 Perplexity said:
WTT has 1? Maybe 2...?

WTT was also done by 2 people, with only 2 other artists featured on the album. Beyonce and Ocean.

RED has 18 different people other than game on the fu*kin album... let me know if I need to continue
WTT only had 1 or 2 ? Dumb a.ss that's your opinion, when will as*hole stop confusing fact and opinion ?

And you are forgetting WTT was a two man album, when Game is only 1 ? So he had to do double the work, if Kanye or Jay Z would have made the album their self it would have been counted as 20 features, plus Beyonce and Frank Ocean weren't the only ones feature, so was Mr.Hudson.

And how does features stop an album from being a classic ? GZA's album "Liquid Sword" had more feature's verses than verses by him, but it is still widely regraded as a classic.

Son, sometimes you don't even use basic logic.

Last edited by keezy504; 08-16-2011 at 11:16 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #345
darealvelle 96 heat pts96
space
space
$7,890 | Props total: 4501 4501
lol did this n*gga tyler just dissed game on his on track lmao
 6 years ago '10        #346
Quick SR Son 2 heat pts
space
space
$878 | Props total: 19 19
This n*gga WEAK. Who gets outrapped by Tyler?
 6 years ago '08        #347
barack obama 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,731 | Props total: 100 100
can someone please hook ya boy up and pm me a link props i keep finding dead links faack
 6 years ago '11        #348
megalomaniacal 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,660 | Props total: 4769 4769
 Cooked Brickz said:
This guy was spitting preschool bars on "The City" and said that he spits like Pac...

Kendrick k!lled dude on that track, it wasn't even funny.
kendrick would destroy any n*gga right now, eminem,wayne, jayz, jcole
only a couple of people like nas or jay elec would even stand a chance.
Im pretty sure he know that why you think he put that n*gga on the song because he a fu*kn beast, yall n*ggas is certified clowns

I wish he would of put monsters in my head on the final cut, but its way better than i though it would be a couple months ago, good sh*t game
 6 years ago '05        #349
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,787 | Props total: 4903 4903
 KCK said:
You can definitely argue that, although I think that Doctor's Advocate might be a bit better. I'm not really even sure if I agree with you about The Documentary... what I hear in The Doc is Game pretty much being Game, just a little bit more rough around the edges - the gangbanging talk, the incessant name dropping... the only songs that sound particularly west coast on that album, IMO, are Westside Story, Higher, How We Do, The Documentary, Runnin, and Where I'm From. Aside from Don't Need Your Love, No More Fun & Games, Don't Worry, and Like Father, Like Son, I don't even really see a whole lot of storytelling on TD.

While on Doctor's Advocate, the whole album gives me a straight west coast vibe, and I think he improved his flow (if not lyrics) considerably. Lookin At You, Da sh*t, One Blood, Compton, Remedy, Let's Ride, Too Much, One Night, Doc's Advocate, Ol English, California Vacation, Bang... those are songs that I immediately think of when I think of west coast hip-hop. When I think of The Documentary, I think of a big-budget sampler of who's who/what's hot in 2005 hip-hop. I think they're both great albums.

If any of that makes sense...
I didn't actually mean storytelling in terms of like "Meet the Parents" or anything. Moreso the references he uses throughout the album to highlight some of the important items in the history of West Coast hip hop. Like Easy E's trip to the White House for example. I know he got criticized for a lot of references to Pac and Snoop and the rest of the legends of the West, because people believed he was namedropping, but I thought he was coming from the perspective of a fan. Now that novelty sort of wore off in his subsequent albums for me but I enjoyed it on The Doc.

I will agree with you that the sound of the West was more prevalent on Doctor's Advocate. But that doesn't mean it wasn't there in The Documentary. Flow had definitely improved on DA as well. To me what puts The Doc above DA, and I bring back my initial point, but flesh it out a little bit more....the focus both sound wise and lyrically was there. The album was a diary of everything West Coast..not just sound wise, but he lyrically painted the picture of the West that no one since Snoop and Pac had been able to do.

I thought with The Doc, he essentially resurrected a coast that simply did not recover after Pac died. And while Game was still being The Game as you put it....there was a sense of reverence for the West Coast artists that came before him, present on The Doc. Something that he was never able to recapture in subsequent releases.

There is no real disagreement here between us. I like Doctor's Advocate just fine. I just think The Documentary is better. And both are far and away better than RED.
 6 years ago '09        #350
santos0303 52 heat pts52
space
space
$2,853 | Props total: 470 470
why does game sound so fcking weird on some of the tracks? like he is using some sort of accent or its mixed really bad...imo the worst game release yet and i bought all his other cds i like game but..i dont think ill be getting this one...anyone else think this??
 08-16-2011, 11:05 PM         #351
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Zo1987 said:
Who do you take seriously?

Jay-Z- a 40 year old camel faced-man who dresses like a 20 year old?
Kanye- a guy who wears women clothing and raps about fashion all the time?
Rick Ross- an ex correctional officer who stole a real drug dealer's name?
 6 years ago '10        #352
keezy504 18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,411 | Props total: 1782 1782
 megalomaniacal said:
kendrick would destroy any n*gga right now, eminem,wayne, jayz, jcole
only a couple of people like nas or jay elec would even stand a chance.
Im pretty sure he know that why you think he put that n*gga on the song because he a fu*kn beast, yall n*ggas is certified clowns

I wish he would of put monsters in my head on the final cut, but its way better than i though it would be a couple months ago, good sh*t game
Are you serious son ? Kendrick Lamar is a.ss! I heard dude on that Jay Rock song ruined the whole thing.
 6 years ago '11        #353
darealvelle 96 heat pts96
space
space
$7,890 | Props total: 4501 4501
just got done listening to the album. I rate it a 3.5/5. Production is flames, but the verses seem to be repetitive.

Last edited by darealvelle; 08-16-2011 at 11:48 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #354
ManSlut 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,418 | Props total: 590 590
 hooligun said:
kendrick murders this
cosign. best verses on album. except maybe big boi.
 6 years ago '09        #355
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 726 726
 DaOmega_1 said:
This album is kinda dope. There's certain tracks that are better than other, but there isn't any actual bad songs. However, it isn't particularly great, but it is better than "Watch The Throne", which was also, in my opinion, not particularly great either. I can tell I'll be listening to "The R.E.D. Album" more frequently than I will with "Watch The Throne".

Neither of them, to me, are album of the year material... But, to me, its a solid 7.5 out of 10.

that beat on martians and goblins
 6 years ago '10        #356
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
I knew that nelly furtado track would be dope.
 6 years ago '06        #357
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,357 | Props total: 835 835
where is that grouprip son
 6 years ago '11        #358
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
The name droppin on this album is ridiculous & I'm only up to Ricky. 13 tracks left
 6 years ago '04        #359
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,741 | Props total: 11510 11510
i was the one on here saying, game is corny. i did so off my first listen and i still believe so. but having a couple more listens. this is 4/5 mic and WTT was 4/5 mic, WTT being better than the RED ALBUM. but there both 4 mic's.

if we look back at when the source actually mattered and gave mic's. there were albums just as solid as these for 4 mics. i think what rappers have to their advantage in the last 10 years comepared to 90's,80's. is the production is so clear and on point. that the rappers have an advantage to have solid albums.
 6 years ago '04        #360
Philly2DaBay 
space
space
$454 | Props total: 0 0
This sh*t CRAY!
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
163 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy