The Game - The R.E.D. Album Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #321
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,932 | Props total: 1075 1075
at all the n*ggas who was talking this album was going to be garbage... Do we need a game smiley now ?
 08-16-2011, 07:48 PM         #322
Cowboys All Day 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Game and 18 Friends Present : The R.E.D. Album

The City - Game gets mollywhopped HARD on his own track by Kendrick haha - good song

Drug Test - What the fu*k.... , someone fu*ked up and put a filler in the first half of the album, I'd take LIFT OFF over this sh*t... seems like a failed attempt @ a club banger.

Martians - Decent track, smh @ tyler going in a soft target like bruno.. other then that (And weezy's annoying a.ss whining sh*t) it was good.

Red Nation ft TheFakestBloodInHistory - nuff said, I can't get behind a track as fake as this sorry.

Good Girls Gone Bad - Nothin really too bad to say about the track, good but not amazing

Ricky - Solid track right here, probably the best on the album.

The Good,The Bad, The Ugly - Game impersonating B.I.G , 2/10.

Heavy Artilery - Another track featuring a fake a.ss wannabe thug (Ross), game did pretty good though, Siegel was kinda dissapointing.

Paramedics - Game and Jeezy both brought it, can't hate.

Speakers on Blast - ehh, game and e-40 were not impressive, big boi was good but idk if he was good enough to save this track.

Hello - Song for the bi*ches (obviously cause it has lloyd in it lol), can't really rate this since I'm not a bi*ch.

All the way gone - Two songs in a row dedicated to the bi*ches... ^ ^

Pot of Gold - I actually like this track, chorus is ehhhh but overall it's a pretty good listen.

All I know - Not bad not bad, not much to say, beat bumps nicely, solid track.

Born in the trap - not a big fan of the beat but it's an alright little song I guess.

Mama Knows - Game does nice on this, and damn I haven't heard of nelly furtado since that IM LIKE A BIRD sh*t hahaa, nice track.

California Dream - I like the beat on this one, very mellow and chill.

Overall I mean the sh*t is just OKAY as far as albums go, it doesn't pop out @ me like AoTY material would. Not complete trash but sure as HELL ain't no classic. It's possible that I might like/dislike it more after the 2nd or 3rd listen, but as it stands with me right now it's just a tiny fraction above average. sh*t has more features than anything I've seen in YEARS, 18 different artists featured on this sh*t, cmon now.

I give it a 3/5. That might even be a bit generous.

NOTE: The above statements are my personal opinion, if you disagree I don't really care.

Last edited by Cowboys All Day; 08-16-2011 at 07:54 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #323
TheOtter 1 heat pts
space
space
$586 | Props total: 0 0
this is ALOT better than what i was expecting....
 6 years ago '09        #324
Nx41fe 1 heat pts
space
space
$629 | Props total: 3 3
2. The City (Feat. Kendrick Lamar)
4. Martians Vs Goblins (Feat. Tyler, The Creator & Lil Wayne)

My favorite tracks so far
 6 years ago '04        #325
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,431 | Props total: 6471 6471
listened to it 3 times.

its 3/5 for me
he should of got another intro and kendrick have that track on his own. the cd starts falling off after paramedics
 6 years ago '05        #326
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1687 1687
Mama Knows' beat is on some A Tribe Called Quest ish
 6 years ago '08        #327
barack obama 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,730 | Props total: 100 100
jus checkin to make sure i got the right zip folder, how many MBs is yours
 6 years ago '05        #328
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,785 | Props total: 4899 4899
Working my way through this monstrosity of an album. A lot of tracks. To me The City is not as good as a lot of you n*ggas making it out to be. Some n*gga said he had goosebumps listening to it....eh. To each his own I suppose.

I am mad because I had to wait through 7 tracks for "Ricky". Everything was just OK to me up until that track. All I can say is dam...good use of the "Boyz in the Hood" sample. Brought back all the emotions I felt when Ricky got shot-gunned. And Game slayed that track.

Last edited by iggyemu; 08-16-2011 at 08:12 PM..
 08-16-2011, 08:37 PM         #329
adadfalife607 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
worst effort game has put out yet....lyrics are subpar and production is average at best...very disppointed 2/5
 08-16-2011, 08:44 PM         #330
Cowboys All Day 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 .:RELOADED:. said:
good album

love pot of gold great single
hello with lloyd is dope real laid back cruisin beat
drug test is dope
martians is nice
red nation is f!ght music

you guys on here over rate watch the throne.......think this album is about equal to it

wtt and red both got alot of bullsh*t tracks on them
WTT has 1? Maybe 2...?

WTT was also done by 2 people, with only 2 other artists featured on the album. Beyonce and Ocean.

RED has 18 different people other than game on the fu*kin album... let me know if I need to continue
 6 years ago '08        #331
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,567 | Props total: 2398 2398
This guy was spitting preschool bars on "The City" and said that he spits like Pac...

Kendrick k!lled dude on that track, it wasn't even funny.
 6 years ago '05        #332
iggyemu 
space
space
Finally made my way through. Unfortunately for Game I have to hold him to the standard of the Documentary. What made that album so good and what is now known as a West Coast classic is that Game had a singular focus...The Documentary was exactly that. A documentary of West Coast rap, the sounds, the people involved, a man's true love affair with the city and the music he grew up with.

Every album since has been all over the place. That focus isn't there. It's like Game is stuck between hardcore and commercial. Which is understandable considering that he has to try and sell an album without the names of Eminem and 50 Cent behind him. The problem for Game is that while he does hardcore, West Coast rap as good as anyone has ever done it...he simply does not have the charisma and flow to pull off the commercial stuff. And that's ultimately where this album fails for me because there are quite a few of those commercial songs with the R&B hooks and what not and it's funny that those songs are all kinda back to back.

I think there are too many guest appearances from rappers that IMO weigh down the album. Outside of Kendrick Lamar, I thought everyone else simply hurt the album with the their features. The standouts for me are "Ricky" and "Born in The Trap". Disappointing effort from a guy who is extremely talented once he sticks to what he does best.

Last edited by iggyemu; 08-16-2011 at 09:35 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #333
JayChan 
space
space
space
$357 | Props total: 2 2
Pot of Gold isn't that good, the chorus ruins it for me
 6 years ago '04        #334
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
about to check it out now, red nation, born in the trap, pot of gold, and that hoodmorning mixtape is straight piff, even if game only has 3-4 dope tracks on red album its still gonna be better then WTT, WTT is straight doo doo
 6 years ago '08        #335
The N 467 heat pts467
space
space
$45,555 | Props total: 17211 17211
so for those that listened to everything, who does he diss on it?
 08-16-2011, 09:13 PM         #336
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so far most people are saying its around 3 mics

gonna go in for my first listen
 08-16-2011, 09:28 PM         #337
KCK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iggyemu said:
Finally made my way through. Unfortunately for Game I have to hold him to the standard of the Documentary. What made that album so good and what is now known as a West Coast classic is that Game had a singular focus...The Documentary was exactly that. A documentary of West Coast rap, the sounds, the people involved, a man's true love affair with the city and the music he grew up with.

Every album since has been all over the place. That focus isn't there. It's like Game is stuck between hardcore and commercial. Which is understandable considering that he has to try and sell an album without the names of Eminem and 50 Cent behind him. The problem for Game is that while he does hardcore, West Coast rap as good as anyone has ever done it...he simply does not have the charisma and flow to pull off the commercial stuff. And that's ultimately where this album fails for me because there are quite a few of those commercial songs with the R&B hooks and what not and it's funny that those songs are all kinda back to back.

I think there are too many guest appearances from rappers that IMO weigh down the album. Outside of Kendrick Lamar, I thought everyone else simply hurt the album with the their features. The standouts for me are "Ricky" and "Born to Trap". Disappointing effort from a guy who is extremely talented once he sticks to what he does best.
You make a lot of good points, but I think that "Doctor's Advocate" may have had a more singular focus than "The Documentary." "DA" was considerably more west coast sounding front-to-back than "TD" (that sh*tty Jamie Foxx track notwithstanding).
 6 years ago '05        #338
iggyemu 
space
space
 KCK said:
You make a lot of good points, but I think that "Doctor's Advocate" may have had a more singular focus than "The Documentary." "DA" was considerably more west coast sounding front-to-back than "TD" (that sh*tty Jamie Foxx track notwithstanding).
I think you can argue that. Definitely from the way Doctor's Advocate sounds. To this day my ears still perk up when I hear "One Blood". I think what I enjoyed about The Doc is how intricately Game told the story of West Coast hip hop. I think the sound of the West was there in Doctor's Advocate, but Game himself didn't have the same stories to tell and when he'd mention some of the stuff it'd start to become that gimmicky name dropping that people k!ll him for. The novelty had worn off.

But am I wrong in thinking that if the The Documentary is at the mountain top....every album since has been a step down?

Last edited by iggyemu; 08-16-2011 at 10:00 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #339
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,543 | Props total: 532 532
its good but tracks 13-17 is way too much back to back filler he started out real strong tho but ima give it more listen in the car to be sure tho its a good effort
 6 years ago '06        #340
Icee 33 heat pts33
space
space
$11,722 | Props total: 5714 5714
Why is this sh*t almost 200mb?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
38 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy