Rolling Stone Magazine Crowns Eminem The "King Of Hip Hop"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
95 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
160 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #21
Petty Wap 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,051 | Props total: 315 315
They not lying. Only rapper with 2 diamond albums.

Get mad boys. Your fav will NEVER DO IT !!! Bttm ________
 6 years ago '10        #22
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
This list only goes by sales and sh*t so it ain't credible at all. Eminem is definitely in my Top 5 but i could care less about this stupid list.
 6 years ago '08        #23
The N 467 heat pts467
space
space
$45,566 | Props total: 17216 17216
White America I could be one of your kids.......
 6 years ago '05        #24
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,194 | Props total: 11794 11794
So Vanilla Ice was once King Of Hip Hop too huh
 6 years ago '06        #25
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
 hollaballooza said:
So when he comes here to the UK nobody knows who he is.

This is about a magazine ranking, not a place to spout your personal hate
in the UK i know for a fact that he is loved by white brits. sure you have your few black brits who like him and many more who respect him.

but this article is about the king of hip hop. this article is about who is hip hops biggest representative. who is hip hops leader. and the bottom line is the majority of black populations whether in the US or the UK do not see eminem as their king.

this isn't about hate, but you a dumb mothafu*ka. you probably condone the use of the n word.
 08-15-2011, 12:30 PM         #26
T Bonics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
these threads are so funny people are gettin madddd! its a magazine thats been around forever that rates all genres of music...n*ggaz mad cuz there favorite rapper didnt what..? didnt move the same numbers like shady? the fact is u can still love ur favorite rapper, still think ur favorite rapper is king, still hate on shady, but the magazine said very clearly this is in no way an all time list...this is just numbers...youtube hits, sales, and social networking popularity..i swear bx is full of a bunch of dumb a.ss motherfu*kers who cant read... dont be mad... get glad... men lie women lie...numbers dont//thread

now stop crying and go make another thread about that subpar a.ss watch the throne is ur really so butt hurt about rolling stone writing an article trying to sell some magazines this month...dumb fu*ks
 08-15-2011, 12:32 PM         #27
T Bonics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and its mad funny n*ggaz gettin mad trying to say rolling stone is an "unqualified" magazine to rank music...? lol stupid fools. All magazines are about getting money and if u look at any hip hop list made by rolling stone about "all time" albums artists songs, they are actually just as on point as some dumb a.ss hip hop magazine.
 6 years ago '06        #28
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
 T Bonics said:
these threads are so funny people are gettin madddd! its a magazine thats been around forever that rates all genres of music...n*ggaz mad cuz there favorite rapper didnt what..? didnt move the same numbers like shady? the fact is u can still love ur favorite rapper, still think ur favorite rapper is king, still hate on shady, but the magazine said very clearly this is in no way an all time list...this is just numbers...youtube hits, sales, and social networking popularity..i swear bx is full of a bunch of dumb a.ss motherfu*kers who cant read... dont be mad... get glad... men lie women lie...numbers dont//thread

now stop crying and go make another thread about that subpar a.ss watch the throne is ur really so butt hurt about rolling stone writing an article trying to sell some magazines this month...dumb fu*ks
you stupid cus you guilty of the same sh*t you accuse everybody else of
 6 years ago '05        #29
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,785 | Props total: 4899 4899
As far as statistics go, Rolling Stone did a good job of encompassing all the categories that would probably determine the "King of Hip Hop". The problem is they seem to be putting equal weighting in each category. Album sales and social networking should not have the same weight in terms of the final overall score. Same goes for Album ratings and YouTube views. Some categories are more important than others.

I am not saying I fully disagree with the Eminem pick. I think album sales is a big deal. Em being white will always help him in that regard, but him being a great rapper will always be the bigger factor. The one thing I think is that the "King of Hip Hop" has to tour. That has to be as big as album ratings or awards. I think the fact that Em doesn't tour should count heavily against him. That $0 by his name in that category is a problem.
 08-15-2011, 12:47 PM         #30
Purple Stallion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '09        #31
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
Bound to win by a landslide against them donkeys
 08-15-2011, 01:49 PM         #32
dj_yaz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hollaballooza said:
So when he comes here to the UK nobody knows who he is.

This is about a magazine ranking, not a place to spout your personal hate
uk = white america version 1.0
lol
 08-15-2011, 01:52 PM         #33
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The top of the list is obvious but the rest is surprising.

But then again its only ranking people from sales between 2009.

I would have thought the Roots, Game and Nas would be on there given concert shows, youtube hits and sales but then again I guess they havent dropped albums since 2008 or have projects under the radar.
 08-15-2011, 02:03 PM         #34
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also a little surprised Odd Future arent in the bottom part of the list. If they counting youtube hits, Yonkers did like 15 mil views.

I think they just counted sales of the last 2 years
 6 years ago '10        #35
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,322 | Props total: 423 423
 6 years ago '06        #36
johnny 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,100 | Props total: 219 219

[pic - click to view]

08-15-2011, 02:13 PM         #37
bxrulez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 s7venwords said:

[pic - click to view]

:laughing5 :
 6 years ago '06        #38
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 Barbie l Minaj said:
They not lying. Only rapper with 2 diamond albums.

Get mad boys. Your fav will NEVER DO IT !!! Bttm ________

Ain't they mad tho?
 6 years ago '04        #39
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
No one on that list can even handle a mic.

"If you go platinum it's got nothin' to do with luck / it just means that a million people are stupid as fu*k ."
 6 years ago '05        #40
rippac4 
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
everyone that's bi*ching if this same magazine said Jay-Z=King of Hip Hop, yall would be co-signing the hell out of it, quit frontin.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
106 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy