most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #21
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,867 | Props total: 9192 9192
A top 3 receiver ...
 6 years ago '04        #22
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,195 | Props total: 3340 3340
 dre03 said:

I guess you guys missed the part where his analysis was based on film??? Not numbers

He said when he watches him on film he isnt on the level of these guys... He is a receiver so he understands routes better than most of us... Cris's judgment is based solely on precision route running and footwork and not athletic talent... Calvin Johnson does not run crisp routes... He just gets away with it because of his size and hands...

Majority of his routes the defender is in good coverage its just Calvin 7 times out of 10 will win any battle with any CB with the ball in the air... Its rare his route running gets him open alone... He commonly has to use his hands and size to get open... The players that Cris named all are great route runners and commonly get open because of their footwork deceiving the defender and getting open... All those receivers have made many CB's look silly with some of their deceptive footwork and fakes..

He 6'5 240 how "crisp" do you want his routes to look? Is he catching the rock, burning dudes, beastin on the field? YES! That's all that matters right now, not how "crisp" it looks but the production.
 6 years ago '06        #23
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,104 | Props total: 18992 18992
Cris is a moron man... worst statements/analysis he's made in awhile...
 08-13-2011, 04:04 AM         #24
Animosity  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t.. I'm pretty sure Cris Carter has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know but I can't agree with this, especially with a few of the guys he listed as being 'better.' I wish the Bears had a WR the quality of Megatron, and I'm not just talking right now, I'm talking ever, in the 90+ years of existence.
 6 years ago '06        #25
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 chctynig2804 said:
cris carter is a hater, what else is new??

mad because he played all those years and never got a ring that's whats wrong.
 6 years ago '06        #26
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 lilsnatch770 said:
If Stafford can stay healthy this year, Johnson could have a GREAT year.

sh*t if Stafford don't stay healthy they need to get rid of his a.ss after this year i know that much.
 6 years ago '08        #27
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
 Sticks said:
Put this n*gga on a different squad and we have a problem
this.

but since its detroit you drop him down in ranking.
 08-13-2011, 09:41 AM         #28
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 *eckounltd1972* said:
That n*gga has one fu*king route man
And that's "run towards the endzone on 3".

Frankly, for Carter to compare the quarterbacks he played with to the quarterbacks Johnson has been saddled with is absurd. In Carter’s best years he was catching passes from Jim McMahon, Sean Salisbury, Warren Moon, Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Jeff George and a prime Daunte Culpepper. Johnson has caught passes from Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky, Matthew Stafford, Shaun Hill, Drew Stanton and a past-his-prime Culpepper. Carter’s quarterbacks were far better than Johnson’s.
...got 'em.

Besides, I think HOF'ers are the only ones who should get the leeway to talk sh*t.
 08-13-2011, 10:19 AM         #29
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
CC bases all of his "analysis" off of hate.
 6 years ago '04        #30
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 Veno da Don said:
He 6'5 240 how "crisp" do you want his routes to look? Is he catching the rock, burning dudes, beastin on the field? YES! That's all that matters right now, not how "crisp" it looks but the production.
That is where you are wrong... If you ever played football a receiver's main goal is to get separation from the defender... If you cannot get separation alot of balls will not come your way no matter who you are.... You cannot ask your QB to make a tough throw every single time because you fail to get separation from your defender... Calvin would easily have 100 catches if he was able to create more separation... They will become a point in Calvin Johnson career where he will have to rely on his technique when his athletic ability begins to fade... Then you will see why route running and separation is important...

You can actually see it now but most of you only care that he can make spectacular catches and put his shortcomings on his QB... When in reality out of majority of the QB crew's last year Megatron QB's played damn good... He just does not get open enough to get more balls thrown his way... A little bit of a fact for you guys...

Calvin Johnson QB crew last year completed 383 passes at a 61% clip with 26 TD's and 16 INT's and 4000 yards... And somehow Megatron only caught 77 balls for 1100 yards... Fitzgerald QB crew completed 285 passes at a 51% clip with 10 TD's and 19 INT's and 3000 yards and Fitz was still able to catch 90 balls and rack up 1100 yards... Andre Johnson QB crew last year completed 365 passes at a 63% clip with 24 TD's and 12 INT's and 4300 yards and Dre Johnson in 2 less games than Calvin Johnson caught 86 balls and racked up 1200 yards...

If you put Dre Johnson or Fitzgerald or any precise route runner on the Lions they would put up better numbers than megatron based on that stat alone... His QBS damn near completed 400 passes at 60% and he still only caught 77 balls... He is barely 1/5 of his teams reception production... And you cant blame it on him being the only receiver cuz fitz caught more balls with no help and his QB's barely completed half of they passes and 100 less completions then Calvin's...
 6 years ago '04        #31
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,675 | Props total: 3270 3270
 dre03 said:
That is where you are wrong... If you ever played football a receiver's main goal is to get separation from the defender... If you cannot get separation alot of balls will not come your way no matter who you are.... You cannot ask your QB to make a tough throw every single time because you fail to get separation from your defender... Calvin would easily have 100 catches if he was able to create more separation... They will become a point in Calvin Johnson career where he will have to rely on his technique when his athletic ability begins to fade... Then you will see why route running and separation is important...

You can actually see it now but most of you only care that he can make spectacular catches and put his shortcomings on his QB... When in reality out of majority of the QB crew's last year Megatron QB's played damn good... He just does not get open enough to get more balls thrown his way... A little bit of a fact for you guys...

Calvin Johnson QB crew last year completed 383 passes at a 61% clip with 26 TD's and 16 INT's and 4000 yards... And somehow Megatron only caught 77 balls for 1100 yards... Fitzgerald QB crew completed 285 passes at a 51% clip with 10 TD's and 19 INT's and 3000 yards and Fitz was still able to catch 90 balls and rack up 1100 yards... Andre Johnson QB crew last year completed 365 passes at a 63% clip with 24 TD's and 12 INT's and 4300 yards and Dre Johnson in 2 less games than Calvin Johnson caught 86 balls and racked up 1200 yards...

If you put Dre Johnson or Fitzgerald or any precise route runner on the Lions they would put up better numbers than megatron based on that stat alone... His QBS damn near completed 400 passes at 60% and he still only caught 77 balls... He is barely 1/5 of his teams reception production... And you cant blame it on him being the only receiver cuz fitz caught more balls with no help and his QB's barely completed half of they passes and 100 less completions then Calvin's...
how many times was he targeted tho?? how many drops did he have?? how many balls were uncatchable?? stats dont tell all of the story and u, i and everyone else knows that...i bet andre johnson and fitz were targeted about 150 times a piece last season too

EDIT: and for the record i dont care about him saying that hes not as good as fitz or dre...cuz hes not but when he puts desean jackson in the elite category when he averages less than 4 catches a game for his career and if he cant run past his man on a fly route he is completely ineffective then i have a problem with his retarded analysis and for u to support him sayin its cuz these guys run "crisp" routes but he has d. jax in there then thats crazy

Last edited by chctynig2804; 08-13-2011 at 10:57 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #32
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
dont be hatin on the homie djax...this aint no go route

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #33
seewhy14 
space
space
$1,201 | Props total: 18 18
Chris must be back on that coke
 6 years ago '04        #34
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,893 | Props total: 2956 2956
disagree with Carter but someone tell PFT that revis fu*ked megatrons sh*t up in single coverage
 6 years ago '08        #35
CarmeloStarks 93 heat pts93
space
space
$9,193 | Props total: 981 981
This n*gga Cris Carter is the definition of bitter

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #36
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,435 | Props total: 12370 12370
We know damn well Cris Carter aint watching no fu*king film!!!!!!!!!

bi*ch n*gga just threw that in there to validate his statement because he knew nobody was gonna agree with his a.ss.
 6 years ago '09        #37
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,435 | Props total: 12370 12370
Another thing he was wrong on was the double teaming of Johnson last year. How the fu*k does he think the QBs got the numbers they did to other guys if Johnson wasn't double teamed. Maybe Cris Carter should watch some more film and he would realize the Lions had better weapons around Calvin than the Cards had around Fitz last season. The QBs, RBs, WRs and TEs were all better in Detroit so when teams took Calvin away the QB just went to somebody else and the numbers hsow that. Against Arizona, teams said we'll take the other guys out and let Larry work most times.

Its called the lesser of two evils, but Cris Carter has been down with Fitz since the n*gga was like nine years old and sh*t being a Vikings ball boy so I have to ignore his analysis.

I wonder what he's going to say now that Fitz has a better TE, QB and possibly RB with Ryan Williams there and Fitzgeralds numbers are vastly different
 08-13-2011, 01:54 PM         #38
SmooveDude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GodsFavorite said:
disagree with Carter but someone tell PFT that revis fu*ked megatrons sh*t up in single coverage
I went back to my notes from the breakdown of that film. Remember that crucial rollout/incomplete pass by Drew Stanton that was such a key play in the game in the fourth quarter? Here's what I said about it then: "On that third down, the Jets put eight in the box and doubled Calvin Johnson on the outside - apparently the Jets don't have THAT much faith in Revis Island. Anyway, the Lions run the bootleg ...''

With the game on the line, the Jets double-teamed Johnson. Again, I think we'd like to see the many film examples that show Johnson can be taken out of the game with single coverage.

6 years ago '10        #39
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,904 | Props total: 21194 21194
Damn...I really loved Cris Carter the player & I even like him on Sunday NFL Countdown, but the way this dude hates on people is just cray...

Hell he even said T.O. isn't a top 10 wr.
 6 years ago '06        #40
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,380 | Props total: 5663 5663
He was better off saying calvin doesn't dominate at the level he's capable of consistently, at least that's what I would have said. He does disappear in games at times.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy