MMA Legend Veteran Admits Boxing is a More Skilled and Difficult Sport Boxing vs MMA

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #81
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,662 | Props total: 4411 4411
Riding the coat tails of your brother doesn't make you a legend.
 6 years ago '05        #82
LyricalSkyllz 
space
space
$750 | Props total: 472 472
2 completely different sports true they both incorporate footwork and professionals on each of these sports are highly skilled. I've tried both personally. In a street f!ght I'd prefer MMA because anything goes. True wrestling to the ground can get you stomped but standing up bobbing and weaving will get you tackled so both have their strengths and weaknesses. A top ranked boxer makes more $$ off a f!ght than a top ranked MMA f!ghter but to say flat out one is better/superior is pushing it. A boxer knows it's only coming 2 ways left or right Idc how u hook, jab, uppercut it's still 2 fists. MMA f!ghters have to consider hands, elbows, knees, feet, takedown, choke, grapple,etc.. So regardless of whose more skilled etc who would you say is far more prepared for whatever is thrown @ them. A boxer has no business competing against an MMA f!ghter and vice versa.
 6 years ago '11        #83
megalomaniacal 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,658 | Props total: 4762 4762
 DBLACKK76 said:
I love boxing but after floyd and manny f!ght or even a few rematches what other big f!ght are there that people wanna see?
Its funny how the white kids keep trying to k!ll off boxing
but black people and latinos wont let it happen, sorry pussies
And the olympics are coming up next summer new stars will be made

Plus anybody who says mma will beat boxing everytime is a dumbass and
stop posting over the hill boxers who would get fu*ked up in either sport
 6 years ago '11        #84
megalomaniacal 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,658 | Props total: 4762 4762
 Ocarina of Time said:
^ It's funny how you make that point when the best f!ghters in recent years aren't black or latino.

Klitschko, Pacman etc

Even the supposed best weight, the Super Middle Weight, was reigned over by a white guy until recently(Calzaghe).

Where are all these blacks and latinos who dominate boxing?
comprehension

white kids like the new thing and sh*t on boxing simple as that, and i dont know what the fu*k you talking about.
 08-13-2011, 12:49 PM         #85
mak6962 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mma stay losing....
 6 years ago '08        #86
GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
space
$3,943 | Props total: 0 0
 anonymous414 said:
bi*ch. It's fu*king win or lose. No fu*king rules in the streets. Once you take out a boxers legs, he's fu*king done. /thread
street f!ghting = completely different animal than mma and boxing no rules means weapons and lots dirty tricks that are not allowed in sports (bare knuckles, biting, kick in nuts, poke eyes out)
 6 years ago '04        #87
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
cool story
 6 years ago '04        #88
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,763 | Props total: 1076 1076
Please listen before commenting. Dude said it required more skill because it's more strategy and it takes place in a smaller space and it's one dimensional.

I agree with all of that but MMA is still more difficult because you have to prepare for some much more. I do agree with him that MMA f!ghters have not evolved much and that there hands are suspect.
 08-13-2011, 01:26 PM         #89
elferoz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mma fans are toughest fans in the world. it don't matter who you are they won't hesitate to dive at your ankle and twist. that's real f!ghting.
 6 years ago '04        #90
downtown33 
space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 0 0
 anonymous414 said:
MMA is the sport of f!ghting. Boxing is the sport of punching. WTF is bobbing and weaving gonna do when anyone with even a little experience in wrestling or mma will take you down within the first 15 seconds, elbow you in the face, and choke you out
you would get stuck so quick tryin 2 take down a boxer
 08-13-2011, 01:53 PM         #91
elferoz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ocarina of Time said:
That's why so many boxers get beat down in street f!ghts.
examples please
 08-13-2011, 02:03 PM         #92
elferoz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all this street f!ghting stuff

if man a and man b get into a f!ght and man a is a boxer and man b is a mma f!ghter but neither knows who the other is the f!ght would start with punches and the mma f!ghter would get knocked out. it's really that simple. the mma f!ghter could only win a street f!ght if they knew the other guy was a boxer and they bi*ched and went for a takedown.
 6 years ago '08        #93
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,072 | Props total: 2276 2276
 elferoz said:
all this street f!ghting stuff

if man a and man b get into a f!ght and man a is a boxer and man b is a mma f!ghter but neither knows who the other is the f!ght would start with punches and the mma f!ghter would get knocked out. it's really that simple. the mma f!ghter could only win a street f!ght if they knew the other guy was a boxer and they bi*ched and went for a takedown.
what you don't think a first thing an mma f!ghters gonna do is shoot at their legs & take em down. if you know how to wrestle your not going to waste your time trading punches.
 6 years ago '04        #94
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
LOL MMA=Beer drinkers brawling
 6 years ago '10        #95
Mr Nerdy Fresh 
space
space
$60 | Props total: 0 0
how did street f!ght got into this....if a MMA f!ghter trying to take down somebody in a street f!ght is the stupidest thing ever I would just grab his head to the concrete and kidney shot him a few times.... I like to see a mma f!ght try to spear Iron Mike in his prime...
 6 years ago '10        #96
Mr Nerdy Fresh 
space
space
$60 | Props total: 0 0
 Ocarina of Time said:
Then why aren't you the UFC champion?
Im saying street f!ghting wise everybody that has been in a street f!ght before no there are no rules spear me take a elbow to the back of the head
 08-13-2011, 03:01 PM         #97
elferoz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ocarina of Time said:
I bet 10% of people on Boxden with no training or nothing could beat up plenty of professional boxers.
please, just stop posting.
 08-13-2011, 03:24 PM         #98
elferoz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ocarina of Time said:
Please, try to enter the real world. I know atleast 10 pro boxers who can't f!ght to save their life.

You mans must live in the fu*king hills with a population of 5. Anyone from any decent sized city can co-sign what I've said.

Boxers for the most part are WORTHLESS in a street f!ght. Send Mayweather my way -- I'd destroy him.

Some of you kids live in a fantasy world. Being a boxer means nothing in a f!ght, you might aswell be a pro-golfer.

And that's just a fact, family. Any MMA f!ghter would destroy a pro-boxer in the street. Boxing isn't real life.

Boxing fans on some WWF fan boy sh*t

so someone who trains there whole life to throw hands is worthless in a f!ght? your stupid.
 08-13-2011, 03:24 PM         #99
KingoBling 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 anonymous414 said:
are u realy trying to dispute this? there is no such thing as a "grown a.ss man" way to f!ght. You f!ght to win. Boxing is one dimensional. Did you not see James Toney get r*peD by cotoure within the first couple minutes of the f!ght? Unless you can land a one punch knockout in the very start of the f!ght, it's very unlikely the f!ght won't see the ground. Boxing lost

dude your so much an MMA fanboy you cant understand simple logic. in a street f!ght you throw punches you dont try to do some homo move to make a guy submit.

still waiting for an MMA f!ghter to step in the ring
 08-13-2011, 03:36 PM         #100
elferoz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ocarina of Time said:
Throwing hands means nothing when you're lying on your back.

Yes. Boxers are WORTHLESS in a street f!ght. Too trained. They have no answer to non-boxing movement.

You'd be better off playing rugby or some sh*t if you wanted to street f!ght

so when shannon briggs was beating up miami hurricane football players and broke brian stinson's face and ended his football career his boxing skills played no part in that?

you embarrassing yourself.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
37 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
150 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
19 hours ago