MMA Legend Veteran Admits Boxing is a More Skilled and Difficult Sport Boxing vs MMA

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
36 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
22 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #41
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #42
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4764 4764
anyone that doesn't think a boxer would be taken down has no clue...wrestling is hard as fu*k to pick up...wrestling is very technical and if a f!ghter has been doing that his whole life...he has too many tricks for an untrained foe (3 month camp is not sufficient training either)...

also, boxers clinch and grab each other multiple times throughout the rounds...those are prime spots for takedowns that don't even have to be worked for...
 6 years ago '11        #43
megalomaniacal 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,660 | Props total: 4769 4769
 Bea5T said:
are you saying mma f!ghters don't practice on their footwork?
Wtf is yall talking about some idiot said mma would beat boxing everytime no questions asked because of takedowns and I called him a dumbass.

I dont like mma but I respect people who good at what they do, and son just disrespected all boxers like a counter check hook dont exist.
 6 years ago '10        #44
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,974 | Props total: 1798 1798
haha boxing is worlds more skilled than mma.
 6 years ago '08        #45
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,829 | Props total: 9147 9147
so if u wanted to f!ght a boxden cat would you suggest I take up boxing to knock his a.ss out. the guy who wants to square up with me is a jay-z fan plz help
 6 years ago '04        #46
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,868 | Props total: 68 68
 jgunna said:
How can you say that tho???? based off of what grappling??? a take down??? u go ahead as a random mma fan try to f!ght a random boxing f!ght outside a club and try take that dude down like its some super easy sh*t to do cause u see the pros do it and u end up in a fu*ked up position trying to do some sh*t u seen on tv.....its like the saying goes You can be a jack of all trades and a master of nothing......if u box ur focus is hands thats it more or less....now if u into mma ur focus is all over the place, ground, grappling, stand up...u spend time on take down defense and sh*t while boxer is counter punching and sh*t....yea in a mma ring ur doing what u need to do but that dont mean its gonna go like that in a street f!ght.....Im a fan of both....
Why would I as a fan be the representative for a TRAINED MMA athlete That sh*t doesn't make any sense B.

And as far as f!ghts go... I'm 6'7", you already know I'm grappling every time. fu*k I look like trying to match hand speed with some tiny dude when I've pretty much always got the weight and strength advantage
 6 years ago '04        #47
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,868 | Props total: 68 68
 Jay Aye Three said:
At the end of the day, my nonathletic a.ss who isn't a mix martial artist or boxer will win every time with a gun in my hand. Even out in real world applications it's a pointless debate.
We're talking hand to hand applications... If you're trying to k!ll a n*gga and throw your life away then by all means the gun is always gonna win lol. If you're trying to settle a dispute and you're actual MEN you're not bringing guns. But dudes these days are raised terrible. Not even worth f!ghting anymore because dude who loses is just gonna come back for the k!ll This gen is fu*ked
 6 years ago '06        #48
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Boxing is an art form IMO...both are tough sports but MMA is just more brute strength and grittiness versus boxing being more about overall ability.
 08-12-2011, 10:47 PM         #49
Spid3yo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hate these Boxing vs. MMA threads........do we compare Rugby to Football, or Baseball to Cricket? It's also just as stupid to try and bring "real life f!ghting" into the argument.

As far as the quote itself, I wont' take much stock in the guy who cant' cut it in MMA anymore, and has been rumored to going into boxing for the last 3 years.
 6 years ago '05        #50
anonymous414 
space
space
space
$636 | Props total: 63 63
 megalomaniacal said:
Wtf is yall talking about some idiot said mma would beat boxing everytime no questions asked because of takedowns and I called him a dumbass.

I dont like mma but I respect people who good at what they do, and son just disrespected all boxers like a counter check hook dont exist.
Obviously depending the skill of the f!ghters, mma won't win every time. All I'm sayin is a boxer who has equal experience as an mma f!ghter, will lose most of the time in a street f!ght.
 6 years ago '05        #51
anonymous414 
space
space
space
 614FACE said:
i have these arguments all the time. im a die hard boxing fan, but every mma f!ghter cant beat a boxer. every boxer cant beat a mma dude. most of these pro mma dudes arent that well rounded to beat a pro boxer. they get tired real quick from all the wrestling which in the boxing world will get yo a.ss tagged up. them kicks n sh*t aint garaunteed to knock out a boxer when having a gaurd is a vital part of boxing. not taking anything from mma but im going with boxing.

The thing about boxers, is they train for endurance. A real life f!ght isn't going to last that long. I would give the advantage to mma f!ghters, not only because they're more well rounded, but they train to deliver massive amounts of damage in short amounts of time. I doubt there's any mma f!ghter who could f!ght for 12 rounds, but the strength and power they can deliver in those 3-5 rounds is greater than that of a boxer
 6 years ago '05        #52
anonymous414 
space
space
space
 614FACE said:
not if that boxer is a street f!ghter. all boxers/mma f!ghters aint street f!ghter bruh. at that point that mma sh*t is out the window.
What the hell classifies a "street f!ghter". If anything MMA prepares you better for a street f!ght because you work on all aspects of f!ghting
 08-13-2011, 12:04 AM         #53
PradalSerey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown said:
Boxing is an art form IMO...both are tough sports but MMA is just more brute strength and grittiness versus boxing being more about overall ability.
Boxing is an artform yes, So is Kickboxing, so i muay thai, so is MMA. To equate brute strength and grittiness to MMA is retarted. HAVE YOU SEEN BJ PENN vs. Sean Sherk? have you seen Anderson Silva vs anybody? Have you seen an MMA f!ght not including brock lesner???.....damn dude

Everybody in here is just using boxing vs wrestling as the argument...MIXED MARTIAL ARTS is MMA....Boxing is a martial art...Hence MIXED MARTIAL ART means more then one. MEANING You need hand coordination, footwork, kicking and kicking defence, Grappling and submission....boxing is STRICTLY punching, punching defence, footwork and endurance....thats much less of an art then MMA. lets be honest now, Add elbows, add knees, add throwing, add grappling, add submissions and what happens to a boxer??

[video - click to view]

Ok, so now that youv watched that. STFU boxing fans.

subtract all of those weapons from an MMA f!ghters arsenal and of course they dont know what to do, because they focus on all aspects, its like asking a basketball player to play with only one arm.
 6 years ago '05        #54
anonymous414 
space
space
space
  [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUlXIMgdl2c said:
Royce Gracie vs Art Jimmerson - UFC 1 - YouTube[/url]
Nice. I have yet to see any boxing fans post a f!ght of a boxer who has beaten an mma f!ghter. Maybe because it has yet to happen?
 6 years ago '10        #55
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,755 | Props total: 8701 8701
as everyone said you put the best of each sport in each others ring and that particular sport will win.....but stil boxing FTW
 6 years ago '07        #56
chi100z 1 heat pts
space
space
$997 | Props total: 424 424
 44Caliber said:
I will say it again. They are 2 different sports why the comparisons? I dont see anyone comparing boxing and kickoxing, or BJJ vs wrestling vs Judo.

It is different. They are equally as complex.
No they aren't, that's just what MMA fans like to think.

Boxing is much more difficult as it takes much more skill.

Granted, MMA is difficult in its own right, but comparing it to boxing is just ridiculous.
 6 years ago '04        #57
liveson777 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 322 322
 eightytyson06 said:
as everyone said you put the best of each sport in each others ring and that particular sport will win.....but stil boxing FTW
Boxing is dead.... Mma is the future who even still watchs boxing..... There only a handful of f!ghters relevant .... Mma has tons. Mma>>>>>>> boxing
 08-13-2011, 12:48 AM         #58
PradalSerey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eightytyson06 said:
Put the best boxer in with a sub-par MMA artist in MMA and they will lose because they dont have enough skills to compete in a rounded out game.

Put the best MMA f!ghter in with a sub-par boxer in boxing and they will lose because they are used to using their whole strength and energy within a shorter timeframe. they wont have the endurance nor will they be comfortable f!ghting without the rest of their skills.

chi100z said:
No they aren't, that's just what MMA fans like to think.

Boxing is much more difficult as it takes much more skill.

Granted, MMA is difficult in its own right, but comparing it to boxing is just ridiculous.
Are you a boxer? are you an MMA f!ghter? seriously dont comment unless you have any idea what your talking about. I specialize in pradal serey/muay thai kickboxing and im ATTEMPTING to study Jiu Jitsu (which seriously im like a fish out of water).

My game is striking and striking alone, im trying to hang in MMA but that sh*t is complicated. Just watch the K-1 f!ghters who try to join MMA. Only a few of them can succeed (Mirko Krokop/Alistair Overeem etc). And Boxers cant even take K1 without learning a second martial art.

Im not disrespecting boxing, its a great specialization, but it is NOT a complete art. By itself its SERIOUSLY lacking.

6 years ago '11        #59
The Mastermind 
space
space
$556 | Props total: 34 34
To be a 100% real boxing & MMA have the same problem...PPV's that never live up to the hype or the price tag. I am hardcore boxing fan, but the fact is the biggest f!ghts have been a let down in recent years, MMA is about the same when a big f!ght comes its always some boring a.ss ground match...at 50-60 bucks I wanna see a skilled f!ght period. If no one is doing anything on the ground they should be forced to stand and in boxing holding needs to be penalized as well. If they charge then we want a good show period.
 08-13-2011, 12:56 AM         #60
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Both are different sports so why compare?
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
34 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy