"Jay-Z & Them [Are] Older & Really On Their Way Out The Game"

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
130 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
284 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-12-2011, 11:46 AM         #1
7493 pageviews
98 comments

s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Jay-Z & Them [Are] Older & Really On Their Way Out The Game"

[pic - click to view]

Cash Money Records co-founder Baby recently offered an update on the long-awaited Lil Wayne and Drake joint album, as well as plus compared them to The Throne [Jay-Z and Kanye West].

Promising that the collaborative LP is still under way, Baby said he feels Weezy and Drizzy offer a fresher, younger perspective than what Jay and Ye have provided with their new Watch the Throne album.

"It's older versus younger," Baby said in an interview. "I listened to a few songs [off Watch The Throne] and it feels like an older feel to me. I think with Drake and Wayne, they young. They young cats. You got 23 and 28. Then you got Jay-Z and them, who are older and really on their way out the game. Then you got Wayne and Drake and them, who are still youthful [...] So, it's two different types of music all the way across the board. But what they're doing is great -- I think it's great for the game, great for the business, great for retail as a whole. I just think when Wayne and Drake get together is going to be something real special also because we more youthful." (XXL Mag)

Earlier this week, rapper Waka Flocka Flame took offense to comparisons made between him and rap partner Gucci Mane to The Throne.

"Trying to compare us to Jay-Z [and Kanye] is like comparing [NBA player] Dirk Nowitzki to Larry Bird -- that's disrespectful...That's like two different classes... I been rappin' for three years, those folks got 15 years -- I'm happy that my name comes in the conversation -- even behind Gucc. At the end of the day it's all respect; I'm a fan of music." (Rapfix)

Last winter, Drake struck a friendly jab at The Throne, suggesting him and Wayne inspired their joint LP.

"I'll be on [Tha Carter IV] -- we've done a great song...We're going to do another one... and another one. We still got to do that [collaboration] album. I heard two other guys are coming out with an album together, too. There's two other rappers [that] are coming out with an album together. I don't know where they got that idea but -- I caught wind of it through the grapevine that there's some other album with two guys rapping on it. [laughs]" ("Tim Westwood TV")

Prior to Wayne being released from jail over a gun conviction last year, Drake promised a joint album would be put together.

"I went up to Rikers, and me and Wayne agreed that there will be a Lil Wayne/Drake album," Drake told DJ Envy on MTV's "Sucker Free." " ... There's some things I'm excited for in my life -- I'm excited to go perform certain places -- but [this project] will probably be one of the most exciting things in my life, because we make music on a different level. It's just so fun, so comfortable. A whole album? To think about all the things we can do, especially if we're gonna do 15 songs. Me and him don't like to do 12, 13 [songs]. We want to do 15, 16. Yeah, Lil Wayne and Drake album." (MTV)

[pic - click to view]

"Jay-Z & Them [Are] Older & Really On Their Way Out The Game" | SOHH.COM

98 comments for ""Jay-Z & Them [Are] Older & Really On Their Way Out The Game""

6 years ago '05        #2
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
*Insert Jay-z "You mad" animated gif from Otis here*
 08-12-2011, 11:50 AM         #3
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"I'm like really half a billi n*gga
Really you got baby money
Keep it real with n*ggas
n*ggas ain't got my lady money"

WTT wasn't a masterpiece by any means but it eats anything the YMCMB all star hip pop team could ever put out. Baby is just tryin to get some hype, what a clown.
 6 years ago '10        #4
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,406 | Props total: 2348 2348
Baby is 42 dropping albums... wtf is he talking about? lol
 6 years ago '04        #5
ant30ant33 214 heat pts214
space
space
space
$11,813 | Props total: 4783 4783
 D.S.O.M. said:
baby older than both them n*ggas and still dropping albums
difference is birdman uses his albums to promote the artist on his label and jay-z use his albums to promote himself... also why would baby hate its hip hop suppose to be competitve they both on universal so whats the difference really tho...
 6 years ago '04        #6
certifiedplaya1 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,365 | Props total: 162 162
shots fired
 08-12-2011, 11:54 AM         #7
coolbeans  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Baby really need to stop hating so hard
 6 years ago '08        #8
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,833 | Props total: 309 309
Tell this n*gga to shut the fu*k up already......
 6 years ago '07        #9
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
 RedLight said:
He not speaking on himself he speaking on how Wayne and Drakes album will be compared to WTT.He didnt even diss Jay and Kanye he actually showed respect tho so who cares.

He was right tho that Jay and Kanye sh*t is good but its not the direction Wayne and Drake tryna go so it shouldnt even be compared at all.But unfortunately it still will be lol
 6 years ago '05        #10
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
BABY need to stop making these retarded a.ss comparisons for attention..... n*gga raping his whole record label for money, has a new towel head GF and still can't stop runnin his mouth about n*ggas that got more talent than him and acting like Lil Wayne is so talented.... Lil Wayne thrives now because of the direction Hip Hop went in..... So essentially the game is irrelevant.....
 6 years ago '09        #11
SCNC 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,000 | Props total: 1224 1224
 Bobby's World said:
*Insert Jay-z "You mad" animated gif from Otis here*

[pic - click to view]

08-12-2011, 01:29 PM         #12
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RedLight said:
Ha! Real rap......how is Kanye on his way out of the game? He's one of the most relevant cats in Hip Hop today
 6 years ago '05        #13
midaztouch 50 heat pts50
space
space
$1,920 | Props total: 214 214
i think drake and wayne would be able to do 450-500k first week, just like wtt.
 6 years ago '04        #14
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,850 | Props total: 5193 5193
"But what they're doing is great -- I think it's great for the game, great for the business, great for retail as a whole. I just think when Wayne and Drake get together is going to be something real special also because we more youthful."

Let's just ignore the fact that he said this and call him a hater.:rolleyes2:
 6 years ago '08        #15
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,824 | Props total: 12522 12522

*Repeats murder to excellence*
 08-12-2011, 03:02 PM         #16
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 midaztouch said:
i think drake and wayne would be able to do 450-500k first week, just like wtt.
I'd say maybe even better, they have a bigger fan base of kids with the funds to pay.
 6 years ago '10        #17
Rebirth46 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,998 | Props total: 983 983
I dont think Kanye going anywhere soon but I think Hov might fall back round 2013 after he drops his album next year that might be his last but you never know with Hov and Baby does make albums to support his artist cause aint no body buying no birdman cd they just checkin for the singles with Drake,Wayne or Nicki
 6 years ago '05        #18
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 certifiedplaya1 said:
shots fired
Hate the rumours, hate the bullsh*t / Hate these fu*king allegations, I'm just feeling like the throne is for the taking / Watch me take it!
 6 years ago '04        #19
Mega 
space
space
$5,594 | Props total: 981 981
Someone needs to tell Drake, that Wayne already had that idea with Juelz with the I Can't Feel My Face that never came about.
 6 years ago '05        #20
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,402 | Props total: 676 676
 D.S.O.M. said:
what?

gtfoh

who is he promoting on his albums???

he's an artist just like jay-z and if he could rap like jay-z

he wouldnt need that many features cause thats all that they are

FEATURES
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
99 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
219 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy