Dr. Dre Sells 51% of Dre's Beats Electronics To HTC For $300 Million

most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
68 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
261 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #21
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,681 | Props total: 200 200
maybe he can use some of that money to package and distribute his album that ain't never gonna come out............
 6 years ago '04        #22
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2018 2018
$300 mill... i wouldn't give a F8ck either... damn.. can't believe they gave him that much.. wow..

I'd stay retired.. lol. that's enough money for a few generations to live off of.. not to mention he already got bread.
 6 years ago '09        #23
Coke Wave 14 heat pts14
space
space
$4,094 | Props total: 178 178
I was in Paris this summer and it really was the headphones of choice for n*ggas
 6 years ago '05        #24
Flatbush85 54 heat pts54
space
space
$14,388 | Props total: 696 696
/forbes 2012 list
 6 years ago '10        #25
Alerts 221 heat pts221
space
space
$15,313 | Props total: 5258 5258
I would have sat on the company a little longer, and built it up, expanded. I'm not knocking him for his decision but a lot of people sell their companies to larger ones instead of building that larger company.
They just bought 51% they have majority ownership, he could have held the next billion dollar company, and been the next black worth a billion.
 6 years ago '08        #26
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
 Alerts said:
I would have sat on the company a little longer, and built it up, expanded. I'm not knocking him for his decision but a lot of people sell their companies to larger ones instead of building that larger company.
They just bought 51% they have majority ownership, he could have held the next billion dollar company, and been the next black worth a billion.
the celebrity headphone game is about to get over saturated. He made the right move
 6 years ago '10        #27
Alerts 221 heat pts221
space
space
$15,313 | Props total: 5258 5258
 Arson said:
the celebrity headphone game is about to get over saturated. He made the right move
Yea you have a point I just read another article, that does not mention buying 51%, someones fact may be wrong with these sources.
 6 years ago '06        #28
SM 38189 heat pts38189
space
space
$127,972 | Props total: 67551 67551

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #29
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
Making headphones a status symbol/fashionable was genius on their part.
 6 years ago '05        #30
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,194 | Props total: 11790 11790
So HTC gonna give us some headphones with these phones now?
 6 years ago '07        #31
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
Beats Electronics and mobile device company HTC Corporation have entered a strategic partnership to bring high performance sound to HTC phones.

HTC will release a line of devices integrated with Beats sound innovations this fall.

The $300 million investment gives the Taiwan-based telephone firm a majority stake in the electronics brand. Beats Electronics will continue to operate autonomously with Jimmy Iovine as chair and Luke Wood as President and COO.

Interscope Geffen A&M Records chief Iovine said in a statement Wednesday, "The HTC and Beats by Dr. Dre partnership is an opportunity for two world-class companies to redefine the smart phone industry and define the future.

"For Beats by Dr. Dre, this represents a critical step in our continued mission to clean up the destruction of audio caused by the digital revolution; and reengineer how sound is delivered so that the consumer feels the music the way that the artist intended."

HTO Corporation CEO Peter Chou said, "Beats has found a unique way to harness popular culture in a manner that is unlike any other brand today. It's an exciting brand that has been built around providing something very special, and we believe our strategic partnership will provide customers with unbeatable sound on HTC phones. We obsess over every detail of a consumer's mobile experience and audio is a critical part of that experience."

Beats By Dr. Dre offers overs over-ear headphones, earbuds, "artist series" ear buds and speakers. The audio system is also integrated into select HP computers.

Best Buy will retail the Beats/HTO phones.

"Our customers have clearly responded to Beats and HTC, and Best Buy is proud to feature their products in our stores," said Best Buy CEO Brian J. Dunn. "We are committed to offering innovative and entertaining technologies that help consumers enhance their lives. The unique HTC Sense experience and the great sound of Beats provide prime examples of that focus."

6 years ago '09        #32
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,071 | Props total: 1120 1120

Beats >>>>> your favorite headphones
 6 years ago '05        #33
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
worst headphones ever made!!!! only people that buy them are the people who have no clue about headphones and because it says Dre on them they think he makes them?

dumb c*nts

Last edited by Gravediggaz; 08-12-2011 at 03:47 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #34
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 Hussle said:
well the thread title was "DR.DRE sells 51% to HTC for 200mill"

so i a.ssumed Dre pocketed 300mill
do you you just add up a 100 million to everything or you just misspelled a copy paste?
 6 years ago '06        #35
Hussle 36 heat pts36
space
space
$4,698 | Props total: 248 248
 YARKONE said:
do you you just add up a 100 million to everything or you just misspelled a copy paste?
typo
 6 years ago '05        #36
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 Zaosyn said:

Beats >>>>> your favorite headphones
nope... this just means... dre is now up there with the other big buisness men.
 08-11-2011, 10:38 PM         #37
p imperial  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whoever was in charge of marketing for the whole Beats project deserves a nice fat cut of that.....from a business perspective, the marketing, product placement and brand building of those head phones was brilliant....basically followed the apple blueprint of making personal electronics double as a stylized fashion accessories
 6 years ago '05        #38
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,402 | Props total: 676 676
 Arson said:
this.... i'll get some beats when they are obsolete or bron drops his after i smack his kufi off...
 6 years ago '07        #39
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
dre won and I lost.
 08-12-2011, 04:19 AM         #40
Trendsetter305  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dre is one of the biggest winners alive

those headphones ain't sh*t tho
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago