Jay-Z tops Forbes Cash King List 2011, Nicki Minaj 1st Female Rapper to Make List

most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
196 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #61
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,736 | Props total: 12164 12164
 Slickems said:
Juicy J has 80 million IN THE BANK ACCOUNT

Jay's money is all theoretical paper money

Birdmans is all in bullsh*t cars

Juicy is the richest man in rap
 Slickems said:
idk

but if you go to Juicy's ATM, and get a receipt, the receipt says "Available Balance: $80,000,000"

Jay-Z's money all paper money, one wrong stock crash and he's broke
Do you wake up everyday and fall down the stairs, then hop on BX and post the sh*t that still bouncing around in ya cranium
 6 years ago '10        #62
Rebirth46 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,997 | Props total: 982 982
I thought Wayne made a 100 million flat
 6 years ago '10        #63
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
Jay is first, then fif then diddy
 6 years ago '04        #64
Magnolia 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,365 | Props total: 297 297
Eminem!
 6 years ago '05        #65
ThiZZ 157 heat pts157
space
space
$12,426 | Props total: 5 5
*wonders what the fu*k ludacris did in 2011 to be earning 12 mil
 08-10-2011, 10:50 AM         #66
KnockinOnHD2001 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Obviously it's Jay Z
 6 years ago '09        #67
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 189 189
 gakhteebo said:
I love how he put jay z kanye and birdman, and not names like..

50 Cent, Jay z, birdman, puffy..

im sure any of those people have hundreds of millions more than kanye..
this is what they grossed last year not their total net worth.
 08-10-2011, 11:43 AM         #68
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just because he is worth that much, that doesn't mean he can actually show that amount of money (but you guys already knew that). A person like Big Meech probably had the majority of his worth in paper money.
 6 years ago '04        #69
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
damn...
 08-10-2011, 01:34 PM         #70
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 primetimemookie said:
if you do a little bit of research you'll find out that diddy was put in charge as the face and head of marketing. and because they were thirsty to get their product to where they wanted it to be they gave diddy a 50% stake in the profits from ciroc sales...now you do some math.
nicca did you read the article? it said diddy has a LARGE stake in sean john which is 100% false. how much do head of marketing get paid, $50k? u the one who need to do research, because these hip hop niccas is always lying.

saying diddy has a 50% stake is ambiguous as hell. u mean to tell me they let this nicca get 50% of profits (after all expenses paid)? come on again son! fu*k outta here. Considering this nicca is not a shareholder in Diageo PLC, i doubt they would entitle this marketing nicca to 50% of THEIR PROFITS from the equity THEY PROVIDED. If this was the case, Diddy would be a BILLIONAIRE next year. Notice they didn't give us the ultimate terms of this deal, deals are usually complex and drawn up by lawyers nicca, there's more to it than that nicca.

Last edited by ahenson; 08-10-2011 at 01:52 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #71
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,622 | Props total: 13684 13684
 ahenson said:
u niccas believe this sh*t!! they need to start posting net income, whats are they taking home. So Jay-z GROSSED 37 mill, cut that almost in half for taxes, then expenses, how much this nicca really make. Another thing, they estimating niccas positions in these companies too high. Diddy doesn't own bad boy, r. burkle does. fu*k outta here with that large stake in sean john. c'mon son. no one really knows how much hes getting cut from that or Ciroc, which he also don't own, he's just advertising, and getting paid on that. All these niccas is less than partners in these companies, they dont own sh*t. I honestly think any given day none of these niccas is liquid $2 mill. i aint believing this sh*t.

im tired of these lists, where the real rich black people at that own sh*t, and REALLY have $100million+ to TOUCH.
You're an idiot. Ron Burkle doesn't own Bad Boy Records, he's the majority shareholder in Sean John. Dumbass.

And the way Diddy structures his deals, he doesn't answer to anybody but himself. Dumbass.
 08-10-2011, 02:56 PM         #72
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.G. said:
You're an idiot. Ron Burkle doesn't own Bad Boy Records, he's the majority shareholder in Sean John. Dumbass.

And the way Diddy structures his deals, he doesn't answer to anybody but himself. Dumbass.
i meant to say sean john idiot, DUH, use context clues next time. that's the whole point, u dont know the structure of the deal, the part about him answering to anybody is irrelevant, something a dumbass like you would say. u probably haven't taken a corp finance class, or been to the law library like the rest of the gullible niccas.
 6 years ago '09        #73
iamsoulja 182 heat pts182
space
space
$4,528 | Props total: 3767 3767
The new Forbes Hip Hop Cash Kings 2011 list has been unveiled! Days after rumors of a Lil Wayne car accident hit the Internet, the rapper finds himself among the top earners along with Jay-Z and Diddy.

[pic - click to view]

According to 2DopeBoyz.com, Jay-Z tops the list with total earnings of $37 million over the past year. Forbes cites Jay's $150 million Live Nation deal and his stakes in other ventures like the NBA's New Jersey Nets and the 40/40 Club chain. It's also noted that this is the first year Jay-Z has become the "breadwinner" between he and wife Beyoncé since their 2008 marriage. It's likely Jay-Z will continue to hold the spot for next year as he and Kanye West recently released one of the most anticipated rap albums and concert tours in some time, Watch the Throne.

At numbers 2 and 3 on the Forbes list are Diddy and Kanye West with $35 million and $16 million, respectively. Lil Wayne and Birdman are on number 4 with $15 million. Eminem, Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre find themselves in a three-way tie for the fifth spot at $14 million each.

Rapper Lil Wayne spent several months in jail during the past year but still found success with his album released while incarcerated, I Am Not a Human Being. Just recently, rumors popped up on Facebook of a Lil Wayne car accident, but the rapper has said nothing of the incident and seems to be focused on his next upcoming release, Tha Carter IV, on June 29th. Wayne will also be performing live at this month's MTV Video Music Awards, one day ahead of the album's release.

Other rap stars finding their way onto the Forbes Hip Hop Cash Kings list include Akon, Ludacris, Drake, Wiz Khalifa, Rick Ross, and Nicki Minaj. A majority of those on the list are producers, with T-Pain and Akon the only singers on the list (unless Drake is counted as a singer). Many names on the list are not only in the music industry but have other side ventures making them money as well. This makes a strong case for diversification and the entrepreneurial spirit.

While Jay-Z has held the top spot for another year, his earnings had quite a drop off from 2010's list. Jay was at #1 last year with $63 million, so it's quite possible even the recession (or depression) is taking its toll on high-paid rapper businessmen!

[pic - click to view]

1. Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, $37 million
2. Sean "Diddy" Combs, $35 million
3. Kanye West, $16 million
4. Dwayne "Lil Wayne" Carter, $15 million (tie)
4. Bryan "Birdman" Williams, $15 million (tie)
6. Marshall "Eminem" Mathers, $14 million (tie)
6. Andre "Dr. Dre" Young, $14 million (tie)
6. Calvin "Snoop Dogg" Broadus, $14 million (tie)
The Rest Of The List....
 6 years ago '10        #74
basedhiphop 
space
space
$1,782 | Props total: 0 0
Forbes talking about hip-hop = condescending and slightly racist
 6 years ago '04        #75
Romello 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,502 | Props total: 188 188
Where's 50 Cent didn't he make 8.7 Mil On twitter this year alone?
 08-11-2011, 02:51 PM         #76
Poetry Sound 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wonder which hip hop artist will be the first to hit 1 Billion. I think it is going to be Jay-Z but who knows
 6 years ago '06        #77
primetimemookie 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,078 | Props total: 98 98
 ahenson said:
nicca did you read the article? it said diddy has a LARGE stake in sean john which is 100% false. how much do head of marketing get paid, $50k? u the one who need to do research, because these hip hop niccas is always lying.

saying diddy has a 50% stake is ambiguous as hell. u mean to tell me they let this nicca get 50% of profits (after all expenses paid)? come on again son! fu*k outta here. Considering this nicca is not a shareholder in Diageo PLC, i doubt they would entitle this marketing nicca to 50% of THEIR PROFITS from the equity THEY PROVIDED. If this was the case, Diddy would be a BILLIONAIRE next year. Notice they didn't give us the ultimate terms of this deal, deals are usually complex and drawn up by lawyers nicca, there's more to it than that nicca.
i have to respond to your dumb a.ss post because i just realized that you said that a head of marketing (marketing director) makes 50k, and it just hit me that i needed to inform someone who has no idea what they were talking about. if you think that you get a job like head of marketing and your only going to make 50k you might as well stop trying at life because you obviously have no sense of worth.

let me say first and foremost that someone very close to me is the head of marketing at a locally owned private business. when i say that you can walk in the door of that position making double that easy its true...when i say you could triple that with experience its true...when your a high profile celebrity and you can command money for your services and image you get deals like a 50 percent stake in ciroc branded profits. think about where they were before and after diddy and you will see why giving 50 percent of the profits away was a good move for both sides...

not to mention that that 50 percent profit loss isnt effecting a company like Diageo who has way more income and profit from their other products such as smirnoff, captain, crown, johnnie walker, etc...fu*k it you wanna keep it real ciroc is actually the least selling of all the drinks in that company, they could give a fu*k about that 50 percent.

go ahead and do some reading, get ya knowledge up and stop hating just because you aint got sh*t or never apparently will be sh*t.

Last edited by primetimemookie; 08-13-2011 at 03:31 PM..
 08-13-2011, 10:10 PM         #78
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 primetimemookie said:
i have to respond to your dumb a.ss post because i just realized that you said that a head of marketing (marketing director) makes 50k, and it just hit me that i needed to inform someone who has no idea what they were talking about. if you think that you get a job like head of marketing and your only going to make 50k you might as well stop trying at life because you obviously have no sense of worth.

let me say first and foremost that someone very close to me is the head of marketing at a locally owned private business. when i say that you can walk in the door of that position making double that easy its true...when i say you could triple that with experience its true...when your a high profile celebrity and you can command money for your services and image you get deals like a 50 percent stake in ciroc branded profits. think about where they were before and after diddy and you will see why giving 50 percent of the profits away was a good move for both sides...

not to mention that that 50 percent profit loss isnt effecting a company like Diageo who has way more income and profit from their other products such as smirnoff, captain, crown, johnnie walker, etc...fu*k it you wanna keep it real ciroc is actually the least selling of all the drinks in that company, they could give a fu*k about that 50 percent.

go ahead and do some reading, get ya knowledge up and stop hating just because you aint got sh*t or never apparently will be sh*t.

that was sarcasm you dumb nicca. Thanks for picking one irrelevant sentence and trying to flex your google search muscles. You missed the whole fu*king point, which is, i doubt these niccas is doing numbers like they say. Lets say this nicca makes $200k/yr from his position.. we talking 200k from a nicca who built the company, which does around half a bill a year in sales. So Forbes was lying saying this nicca had a large stake in Sean John. Nicca Ron Burkle has a large stake.

that 50% sh*t is questionable. i want to know the exact structure of that deal, like i said deals are complex, i doubt a shareholder or executive is going to approve of giving this nicca 50% of their profits off top, we are talking cut throat business people here nicca. Business people pay attention to detail nicca. Do you know what cost of goods sold is nicca? If a product aint selling like the others that makes it even more important to be frugal with the profits. U telling me that they going to come out and throw this nicca a deal supposedly worth $100 million??? I don't even see any of the Diageo cats on the Forbes Billionaire list. Look....50 cent took Vitamin Water a little way, but that nicca didn't get 50% of profits.

fu*k outta here with that do some reading, u need to do some thinking nicca. u niccas believe everything you read without reflection, until later it come out niccas was acting. And look no one is hating here nicca, im questioning some sh*t, dumb niccas always saying some sh*t about hating, its called critical thinking nicca. try it out. U don't even know who you're talking to, lets not even get into what I got nicca, we really don't need to go there.

lol @ this nicca saying i should "stop trying at life" if i dont know what a head of marketing makes in salary. whats wrong with you nicca.
 6 years ago '05        #79
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,622 | Props total: 13684 13684
 ahenson said:
i meant to say sean john idiot, DUH, use context clues next time. that's the whole point, u dont know the structure of the deal, the part about him answering to anybody is irrelevant, something a dumbass like you would say. u probably haven't taken a corp finance class, or been to the law library like the rest of the gullible niccas.
You're an idiot for thinking Diddy can't touch $2 million cash at any time. Idiot.
 6 years ago '10        #80
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,591 | Props total: 30531 30531
 WiLL i AM said:
i never seen a dirty stinkin indian hate so much on someone that looks like their main transportation from w/e cave u came out of

you and ur arranged marriage wife
[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
276 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
131 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
19 hours ago