J. Cole's Still Waiting For Jay-Z's Verse, Not Doing WTT Tour, Details 'Any Given Sunday' Releases

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
123 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #21
thehustler07 128 heat pts128
space
space
space
$1,005 | Props total: 0 0
lol... j cole gotta be kidding... hopefully this interview is old
 6 years ago '05        #22
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
 Slickems said:
I officially want him to win now
 6 years ago '05        #23
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,916 | Props total: 10778 10778
 Shuttaman said:
THis n*gga SHOULD NEVER SIGNED WITH HOVA!
Damn Even Drake was smart enough not to sign with him in 07!!!
J Cole what the fu*k u shoulda went to G.O.O.D. Music!

Like seriously who the fu*k Hova ever put on. dat was actually sick n had the potential to be better than him??
Dont tell me Kanye cuz DAME DASH PUSHED THIS n*gga FIRST!
Even Lupe knew not to fu*k with him. Jay is a selfish dude point blank period.
 6 years ago '10        #24
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,832 | Props total: 20722 20722
 Shuttaman said:
THis n*gga SHOULD NEVER SIGNED WITH HOVA!
Damn Even Drake was smart enough not to sign with him in 07!!!
J Cole what the fu*k u shoulda went to G.O.O.D. Music!

Like seriously who the fu*k Hova ever put on. dat was actually sick n had the potential to be better than him??
Dont tell me Kanye cuz DAME DASH PUSHED THIS n*gga FIRST!
You n*ggas always miss the big picture

What Jay is doing with this label is BUILDING the artists. What you & countless others want is for him to get signed, get put on, get a big push from Jay-Z, let Jay-Z co-sign him, let Jay-Z get on numerous tracks with him, have some hot a.ss singles get released & bam!

Success signing!

No motherfu*ker....With J. Cole on RN it's about making your own songs, having your own creative space, not collaborating a lot, etc. It takes time for a real artist to develop & come into his own.

Do you know how long Wayne has been rapping?

Since he was 15 (Starting with his Hot Boys debut)

Do you know how long it took for him to really get on that level?

Six motherfu*king years

That's when.

You know how long it took for Jay-Z to really get on that level?

By his 3rd album.

Tell me this, since J. Cole is a rapper who likes to produce his own songs, have 95% of the work self made & not do a lot of features, how exactly would signing to Good Music be a better option"?
 6 years ago '06        #25
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,966 | Props total: 3474 3474
No WTT tour

No Jay-z verse

No album
 6 years ago '10        #26
space
space
 Shuttaman said:
If he was with G.O.O.D. Music he would have released an album by now, and we would not have this boi boi sean retarded n*gga.
Oh yeah @ their on that level ish.
Times changed n*gga.
sh*t his buzz now<<<<<<<<<<<Buzz when he released Who Dat.
:bayless: sh*t like this aint supposed to be happening.

He going miss the ship just like Bishop lamont missed that ship he was that n*gga an look WHAT THE fu*k HAPPENED.
This is Bishop Lamont all over again!
Well that's the thing if you & others are talking about albums being released then that's one thing, but I'm getting at artists being developed so when their album does come off the shelf it will sell substantially more than it would if he dropped it right out the gate.

And you're right times have changed & his buzz isn't the same as it was before.

It's much better.

The buzz you're speaking of is that internet buzz that Krit & Lamar & Lil B fans all know very well. I'm speaking of buzz in general which doesn't restrict the artist to just blog sites or forums. Cole's "internet" buzz isn't as strong as it was before, but people actually know who he is now. He's touring in London, going all over the US, he's touring with Rihanna, n*ggas in NY, LA, ATL, FL, VA, DC, all know who he is.
 6 years ago '10        #27
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,528 | Props total: 5859 5859
Cole seems like a really cool humble dude. I wish him all of the success in the world. But all I want to know is... why does Jay have to jump on a track with him? It would be a nice gesture, but he doesn't have to. Jay is giving him an opportunity and resources... that's enough. Anything else would be a bonus and a privilege. Clive Davis doesn't have to jump on any of his artists' songs. David Geffen doesn't have to jump on anyone's songs. Why does Jay?
 6 years ago '04        #28
ddlburketh 
space
space
space
$151 | Props total: 0 0
 6 years ago '11        #29
Gerald21pa 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,348 | Props total: 1040 1040
 Shuttaman said:
SO jay can jump on Drake's album debut, but not his own artist debut?
He does have a point
 6 years ago '10        #30
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,528 | Props total: 5859 5859
 Shuttaman said:
SO jay can jump on Drake's album debut, but not his own artist debut?
Drake isn't signed to him. A feature from Jay doesn't have the potential to possibly hinder him. In J Cole's case.. there's that possibility. A lot of artists that are down with other artists can't stand alone because they're spoon fed. Look at the St. Lunatics, The Outlawz, etc, LOL. Their affiliations to bigger artists stunted their growth in the long run. Jay is letting J Cole build himself up to be the king of his own chess board instead of having him just be another pawn on his.
 08-10-2011, 01:32 PM         #31
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
You n*ggas always miss the big picture

What Jay is doing with this label is BUILDING the artists. What you & countless others want is for him to get signed, get put on, get a big push from Jay-Z, let Jay-Z co-sign him, let Jay-Z get on numerous tracks with him, have some hot a.ss singles get released & bam!

Do you know how long Wayne has been rapping?

Since he was 15 (Starting with his Hot Boys debut)

Do you know how long it took for him to really get on that level?

Six motherfu*king years

bad analogy pimpin becuz look at what u just said, Wayne wuz a FIFTEEN year old kid & not a young man over 20 like J. Cole is. and we both know Cole's talent FAR beyond a 15 yr old Weezy, hell some folk might argue his talent beyond 29 yr old Weezy too. but since u talmbout da 90's version let's chop up that game..... ya see Wayne wuz strange in that he u couldnt really market ole boy like u could other kid acts based on him doing adult material. Kriss Kross, Bow Wow, Another Bad Creation were easier licks n/h due to havin material specifically geared toward da 13 and under demographic

Wayne wuz in that strange lane just like Illegal, Da Youngstaz & reggae artist Lil Vicious and u see how they careers panned out. so no sh*t n*gga his adult material popped when he became.... AN ADULT

but u finna sit here & tell me that a major artist like Jay bears no responsibility to sprinkle his aura n/h on a young up n' coming? Luda actually got n*ggas semi interested in wack a.ss I-20, Nelly pushed Murphy Lee out front, Fif pushed Banks, Eminem pushed Obie Trice, Weezy pushed Drake & Nicki. so ask yoself this n*gga, what da fu*k is Jigga doin for J. Cole??? NO appearances on da boys mixtape??? can we git one online in studio viral video of them 2 n*ggas spittin on they newly created Grown Simba RMX??? fu*k it homie, can we at least git a PICTURE of them 2 n*ggas together?? c'mon mayne da caping for Jay's mismanagement of rap artists hella disgusting mayne. J. Cole LOST
 6 years ago '10        #32
frankfmoney 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,382 | Props total: 1 1
Why y'all acting like So Far Gone would have still been made under Jay? You guys know Drake was influenced by Wayne like a motherfu*ker on there. So Far Gone would've been a completely different mixtape under Jay, if it was to be made at all. No Wayne hype, no hype from Jay. Besides, if Drake was signed in 07 he would've been right where Cole is: working forever on the album, waiting on a Hov verse, realeasing non-album material, and not dropping classics like SFG.
 08-10-2011, 01:40 PM         #33
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
question though

let's say J.cole did sign to another label? and he released an album back here some months earlier, do you all think he would be a bigger name in the rap game than right now?

oh and let's take him off of that verse he did on the blueprint 3 album and the blueprint 3 tour.
 6 years ago '08        #34
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23314 23314
 frankfmoney said:
Why y'all acting like So Far Gone would have still been made under Jay? You guys know Drake was influenced by Wayne like a motherfu*ker on there. So Far Gone would've been a completely different mixtape under Jay, if it was to be made at all. No Wayne hype, no hype from Jay. Besides, if Drake was signed in 07 he would've been right where Cole is: working forever on the album, waiting on a Hov verse, realeasing non-album material, and not dropping classics like SFG.
considering SFG was recorded in 2008, the year after comeback season, I think its safe to say SFG was still going to come out.

also I just read the wiki for SFG and saw this

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

thecover art was jacked from

the original version was released in 2007
 6 years ago '09        #35
akverse47 442 heat pts442
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 4918 4918
 *eckounltd1972* said:
He ain't getting a Jay verse. Wasn't the deadline supposed to be 2 weeks ago
he'll keep waiting. he's needs that verse bad right about now
 6 years ago '11        #36
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,518 | Props total: 38 38
Maybe the album is taking so long because he took forever to make the album. I mean Jay cant put out Cole's album if it isnt completed. Kanye did something on his own THEN Jay got behind him, the same will happen for Cole.
 6 years ago '10        #37
space
space
 Marvin Hagler said:
bad analogy pimpin becuz look at what u just said, Wayne wuz a FIFTEEN year old kid & not a young man over 20 like J. Cole is. and we both know Cole's talent FAR beyond a 15 yr old Weezy, hell some folk might argue his talent beyond 29 yr old Weezy too. but since u talmbout da 90's version let's chop up that game..... ya see Wayne wuz strange in that he u couldnt really market ole boy like u could other kid acts based on him doing adult material. Kriss Kross, Bow Wow, Another Bad Creation were easier licks n/h due to havin material specifically geared toward da 13 and under demographic

Wayne wuz in that strange lane just like Illegal, Da Youngstaz & reggae artist Lil Vicious and u see how they careers panned out. so no sh*t n*gga his adult material popped when he became.... AN ADULT

but u finna sit here & tell me that a major artist like Jay bears no responsibility to sprinkle his aura n/h on a young up n' coming? Luda actually got n*ggas semi interested in wack a.ss I-20, Nelly pushed Murphy Lee out front, Fif pushed Banks, Eminem pushed Obie Trice, Weezy pushed Drake & Nicki. so ask yoself this n*gga, what da fu*k is Jigga doin for J. Cole??? NO appearances on da boys mixtape??? can we git one online in studio viral video of them 2 n*ggas spittin on they newly created Grown Simba RMX??? fu*k it homie, can we at least git a PICTURE of them 2 n*ggas together?? c'mon mayne da caping for Jay's mismanagement of rap artists hella disgusting mayne. J. Cole LOST

iite maybe I am giving Jigga a lil too much credit but Jay-Z is Jay-Z He has his own beliefs as to why his artists don't get pushed. I can't front though I would be a lil tight if he's my boss & he's not really exposing me to the people like other great artists have done to their own signees. Be like "shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit n*gga when we finally gonna song together n*gga??"

At the same time it could help motivate you like iite time for me to get off my a.ss & do something on my own without any a.ssistance.

And the Lil Wayne analogy honestly I just wanted to bring up that it took him a minute before he really got on but you are right. He was just a teenager not a man that actually had some knowledge & experience.

@ Lil Vicious fu*k happened to him? Only thing I remember is Freaks

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 08-10-2011 at 01:59 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #38
Joey$teel45 
space
space
space
$449 | Props total: 1 1
SMH at the article sayin Sept 27 is less than a month away...
 6 years ago '04        #39
young $ 2 heat pts
space
space
$659 | Props total: 11 11
I seriously think he has the verse already and he is just saying he doesn't cause he dont want people to check for it... sh*t everything is leaking he tryna protect that track I think... just imo
 6 years ago '04        #40
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,808 | Props total: 1965 1965
Damn was hoping he would open on the wtt.. might have to peep his show
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
106 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
101 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
38 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy