Is it bad to do pushups everyday?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #21
kidbrosweets 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,847 | Props total: 13 13
 enetblazin4eva said:

[pic - click to view]

sweet. believe what you want. this is why i am bigger, faster and stronger than you
 6 years ago '07        #22
space
space
 bibbyboi said:
If you're still sore the next day don't do them. Just wait till you're not sore anymore then go at it again.
not necessarily. most of the time the reason someone is not sore after a workout (the next day) is because their muscles didnt have time to recover from the last time they were torn down (you lifted, did pushups etc.) therefore you didnt recruit many (if any at all) muscle fibers and just caused the cycle of recovery to start back at square one again. EVEN if you have been lifting for years, you should be moderately sore the next day (although not as sore as if you just began lifting, because yes your body has become more accustomed to the stress). If you do not have some soreness in the bodypart you worked out, 9 times out of 10 it is because it hadnt recovered from the last time you worked it out.

most the guys on here that dont know a damn thing about weight training and putting on muscle, tend to believe the more that you are in the gym, the more muscle you will gain and the stronger you will be. Im here to tell you working out is 30% of it, rest is 20% of it and eating and nutrition is 50% of it.

if you have questions and are serious about getting into shape and lifting and can point you in the right direction.
 6 years ago '05        #23
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
 kidbrosweets said:
no..it really doesnt. If youre trying to put on muscle mass you will on heed your progress if you do not allow your muscles to recover. If you are putting stress on them and "attempting to tear tissue" while your body is performing protein synthesis, the only thing that will happen is your body will have to start the process over.
A person who trains with a high volume workout like say, 20 sets total x 8-15 reps at moderate to high intensity would need more recovery time than somebody who trains using 5 sets x 5 reps at high intensity; and a person who trains 15 sets x 12-15 reps at a low intensity would need less recovery time than a person who trains 10 sets x 4-6 @ high intensity. So yeah, recovery time is directly relative to volume, load and intensity. "72 hrs" is some bullsh*t time frame you're throwing out there and it doesn't apply to all methods of training. A program like starting strength requires you to squat every workout and the people who have been on the program report high rates of success in gaining not only strength but mass, and it's a low volume, high intensity and high frequency routine that requires less than 48 hrs of "recovery" time.

So yes, it really DOES depend on your routine.
 6 years ago '05        #24
Rubix 
space
space
 kidbrosweets said:
not necessarily. most of the time the reason someone is not sore after a workout (the next day) is because their muscles didnt have time to recover from the last time they were torn down (you lifted, did pushups etc.) therefore you didnt recruit many (if any at all) muscle fibers and just caused the cycle of recovery to start back at square one again. EVEN if you have been lifting for years, you should be moderately sore the next day (although not as sore as if you just began lifting, because yes your body has become more accustomed to the stress). If you do not have some soreness in the bodypart you worked out, 9 times out of 10 it is because it hadnt recovered from the last time you worked it out.

most the guys on here that dont know a damn thing about weight training and putting on muscle, tend to believe the more that you are in the gym, the more muscle you will gain and the stronger you will be. Im here to tell you working out is 30% of it, rest is 20% of it and eating and nutrition is 50% of it.

if you have questions and are serious about getting into shape and lifting and can point you in the right direction.
Care to provide any sources that say that DOMS is indeed a pre-requisite for growth?
 6 years ago '05        #25
Rubix 
space
space
Threadstarter, if you wanna work out everyday @ high intensity then reduce your volume. If you want to increase your volume per workout and maintain your intensity, then reduce your frequency (less gym sessions per week). In this case, pushups are a low intensity workout and the load is very limited to your bodyweight and whatever weight you can add through weighted clothing and whatever you can stack on your back..so if its just bodyweight you're using, doing them everyday, barring any discomfort, is absolutely fine.
 08-10-2011, 01:14 PM         #26
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I primarily do bench for my chest and flies but when I don't have time and have an hour or two to k!ll I do this with a deck of 62 cards:

First get 62 cards, a regular 52-card deck and then take 10 cards from another deck (All the face cards and 2 10s)

Shuffle the cards and then I flip the cards over with about 20 second in between and here's how the numbers work out:

2- 22 push-ups
3- 23 push-ups
4- 24 push-ups
5- 25 push-ups
6- 26 push-ups
7- 27 push-ups
8- 28 push-ups
9- 29 push-ups
10- 30 push-ups
Jack- 31 push-ups
Queen- 32 push-ups
King- 33 push-ups
Ace- 34 push-ups

Now I've been working out my whole life because I'm an extremely vain person, so maybe start off doing 2 as 12 and what not or do my workout and start out with 20 or 30 cards. I love the workout and I do it with push-up bars.

Try it out and let me know.
 08-10-2011, 01:26 PM         #27
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I forgot to add for that workout, you may want to wear your weightlifting gloves because your hands will hurt after awhile doing that and some knee-pads because you'll be on your knees for a minute no homo.
 6 years ago '07        #28
space
space
 Rubix said:
A person who trains with a high volume workout like say, 20 sets total x 8-15 reps at moderate to high intensity would need more recovery time than somebody who trains using 5 sets x 5 reps at high intensity; and a person who trains 15 sets x 12-15 reps at a low intensity would need less recovery time than a person who trains 10 sets x 4-6 @ high intensity. So yeah, recovery time is directly relative to volume, load and intensity. "72 hrs" is some bullsh*t time frame you're throwing out there and it doesn't apply to all methods of training. A program like starting strength requires you to squat every workout and the people who have been on the program report high rates of success in gaining not only strength but mass, and it's a low volume, high intensity and high frequency routine that requires less than 48 hrs of "recovery" time.

So yes, it really DOES depend on your routine.
Hahaha you humor me. Yeah there would be a difference in recovery time needed if you were doing the same amount of weight, i really thought anyone with a highschool degree would understand that goes without saying. If youre doing 5 reps the weight is CLEARLY much higher than what you would be doing at 15 reps, thus VERY LIkely breaking down just as much muscle tissue

Last edited by kidbrosweets; 08-10-2011 at 01:54 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #29
space
space
 Rubix said:
Threadstarter, if you wanna work out everyday @ high intensity then reduce your volume. If you want to increase your volume per workout and maintain your intensity, then reduce your frequency (less gym sessions per week). In this case, pushups are a low intensity workout and the load is very limited to your bodyweight and whatever weight you can add through weighted clothing and whatever you can stack on your back..so if its just bodyweight you're using, doing them everyday, barring any discomfort, is absolutely fine.
THREADSTARTER Im letting you know, that if you workout every day (especially if you workout the same muscle groups everyday) you will not see HALF the results that of if you gave your body rest and time to repair. If you're serious about putting on size, and adding strength you must give your body rest. In the past 4 months ive added 85 lbs to my bench, 35 to my standing curl, 30 to my tricep extensions (or skullcrushers if you will) and well over 90 to my squat.Not to mention major weight to my previously nonexistent back. ALL BECAUSE I GIVE MY BODY REST AND EAT CORRECTLY
 6 years ago '05        #30
Rubix 
space
space
 kidbrosweets said:
Hahaha you humor me. Yeah there would be a difference in recovery time needed if you were doing the same amount of weight, i really thought anyone with a highschool degree would understand that goes without saying. If youre doing 5 reps the weight is CLEARLY much higher than what you would be doing at 15 reps, thus VERY LIkely breaking down just as much muscle tissue
which is why I said recovery time depends on load, volume and intensity...in which you responded by saying "no it doesn't"...but now you're saying that what I said was common sense?

Am I tripping out or what?
 6 years ago '07        #31
space
space
guess i missed that, which is true. Yes that is important,But the boy is clearly trying to put on some muscle. working out the same muscle group everyday, REGARDLESS of intensity is NOT effective whatsoever. period.
 6 years ago '05        #32
Rubix 
space
space
 kidbrosweets said:
THREADSTARTER Im letting you know, that if you workout every day (especially if you workout the same muscle groups everyday) you will not see HALF the results that of if you gave your body rest and time to repair. If you're serious about putting on size, and adding strength you must give your body rest. In the past 4 months ive added 85 lbs to my bench, 35 to my standing curl, 30 to my tricep extensions (or skullcrushers if you will) and well over 90 to my squat.Not to mention major weight to my previously nonexistent back. ALL BECAUSE I GIVE MY BODY REST AND EAT CORRECTLY
So you're basically telling him that if he did pushups every 3rd day, that he would put on significantly more mass than if he did them everyday? it's push ups. You're not gonna build much mass anyways. There's just not enough of a load for significant MU recruitment. You're acting like he's wondering if he can max his bench everyday. This is like saying, after a day of squats, stay off your legs and lay in bed for the next 3 days so your muskels can recover properly and don't play basketball or anything. The fu*k outta here.
 6 years ago '04        #33
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 Rubix said:
So you're basically telling him that if he did pushups every 3rd day, that he would put on significantly more mass than if he did them everyday? it's push ups. You're not gonna build much mass anyways. There's just not enough of a load for significant MU recruitment. You're acting like he's wondering if he can max his bench everyday. This is like saying, after a day of squats, stay off your legs and lay in bed for the next 3 days so your muskels can recover properly and don't play basketball or anything. The fu*k outta here.
brb squatting ervday............ :cooter:
 6 years ago '04        #34
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 kidbrosweets said:
sweet. believe what you want. this is why i am bigger, faster and stronger than you
Of course but I don't have 72 hours to take off after an arm workout...........
 6 years ago '11        #35
pootysmack 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,973 | Props total: 517 517
 Rubix said:
i have a wheel chair for days when i don't do lower body workouts
 6 years ago '11        #36
pootysmack 4 heat pts
space
space
space
thats why traditionally body builders use body part splits as opposed to total body workouts cause they would have to be bedridden
 6 years ago '11        #37
pootysmack 4 heat pts
space
space
space
 Gattsau said:
not really.

that training style is more effective during roid cycles so thats why many bodybuilders implement it. That is when the split routine's popularity took over.
 6 years ago '05        #38
Rubix 
space
space
 Gattsau said:
not really.

that training style is more effective during roid cycles so thats why many bodybuilders implement it. That is when the split routine's popularity took over.

Watchatalmbout? Split routines were created when people discovered chocolate milk. :slap:
 6 years ago '05        #39
Rubix 
space
space
 pootysmack said:
i have a wheel chair for days when i don't do lower body workouts
You're lucky. I have to ask people for piggy back rides.
 6 years ago '05        #40
bi0 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,593 | Props total: 1153 1153
Do the Entire Deck of Cards Everyday... getting #BUFF
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
34 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy