Madden NFL 12 demo is up on XBL + Opinions from BX members

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
158 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
24 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #41
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
 midaztouch said:
just finished playing 2 games

the pros
the running game is smoother then ncaa when it comes to cutting and making the d miss.
good blocking and tackling mechanics.
i like the right stick juke move qbs can now do in the pocket.
the presentation so far is A+ really does feel like you are watching sunday football.
the introduction for the bears, looked really good.
zone and man coverage both seemed effective.
pressure finally get to the qb mentally.
recievers go up and get the football, but soo do the DBS.

the bad
crosby has a leg but i was hitting 58 yeard field goals into the wind. same thing with kickoffs. maybe it could be because they moved it up 10 yards.
no one was picking up clay matthews or any of the Lb on a manual blitz.
the run game felt to easy, i broke off 2 80+ yard runs in the first game with grant. the blocking maybe to good...
not a fan of th new kicking system

all in all it didnt really feel like last years madden, i will cop it, its better then what i thought it would be

oyeah... fu*k why did they have to give us the bears and packers....
nice review, props
 6 years ago '06        #42
codizzle101 1 heat pts
space
space
$563 | Props total: 45 45
 stv18 said:
Not sure if I am feeling this. Hopefully the retail version is a lot better. If you even get tapped while going up for a catch they will drop the ball it's really fu*king stupid. Cutler takes forever to get a pass off. Forte is awful in Madden as usual. I am not sure if I will get this or stick with NCAA. More than likely probably just get this but they better fix it up for the release. They still don't have it with LB and RB for D Adjustments WTF they fixed last year so you could and than took it out for this one?
Just go into options and change the audibles to 2 years ago. I think it's called d pas something
 6 years ago '11        #43
sosobased 
space
space
$975 | Props total: 3 3
sh*t plays just like ncaa like i said it would. but thats cool with me. they both got the same gameplay improvements this year with the zone and no suction. im getting both.

remember this is probably a old build of the game to.

i remember the ncaa 12 demo felt nothing like the ncaa 12 game.
 6 years ago '11        #44
sosobased 
space
space
$975 | Props total: 3 3
 stv18 said:
No one can hold on to anything in this fu*king game pissing me off.
lol just like ncaa here to.
 6 years ago '04        #45
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 sosobased said:
sh*t plays just like ncaa like i said it would. but thats cool with me. they both got the same gameplay improvements this year with the zone and no suction. im getting both.

remember this is probably a old build of the game to.

i remember the ncaa 12 demo felt nothing like the ncaa 12 game.
Over on Operation Sports they said this build is from Middle of June so it's not final...
 6 years ago '10        #46
stv18 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,622 | Props total: 101 101
 codizzle101 said:
Just go into options and change the audibles to 2 years ago. I think it's called d pas something
Sweet found it Thanks didn't even think of checking the options haha. I don't think it really plays anything like NCAA at all.
 6 years ago '06        #47
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
 Da Ill One said:
Over on Operation Sports they said this build is from Middle of June so it's not final...
I've heard it was from May...

It plays like ncaa! (yes thats a good thing.) :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '10        #48
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,610 | Props total: 30553 30553
Madden steping sh*t up
 6 years ago '05        #49
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
This is surprisingly a good game. With the huge franchise improvements it's a day one buy for me.

The demo is out for PS3 btw. Just have to use the search function to find it.
 08-09-2011, 03:38 PM         #50
kth225 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
about time
 6 years ago '08        #51
Kingbonafyde 
space
space
$275 | Props total: 0 0
this game is 10xs better than madden 11, they finally fixed the physics to some degree
 6 years ago '04        #52
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
Played about 10 games today.

Just like I said in another thread (and no one wanted to believe me) it plays just like NCAA. Same tackling system, defensive AI improvements etc. It feels a lot more polished than NCAA does, and that's always been the case.

Offense is finally hard this year. No more long bombs down the field every other play. Really gotta work your way through progression and take your time getting down the field.

Running game is more difficult, as well. Offensive line play will be a factor. Haven't used any of the speedy backs obviously, but it appears zig-zag running is no longer an issue.

It just seems like everything is a lot tougher this year, but not in a way that is cheap. Defenders don't warp to the ball, though I still find it difficult that Tommie Harris is jumping 5 feet in the air to grab a one-handed interception. Only happened to me once in all of those games so doesn't seem to happen as often as it did in previous years. Defenders are a lot more aware and it's hard to sneak a pass right over their heads because they will at least knock it down half the time.

I feel like Aaron Rodgers is way too fast on here. On Normal speed, he's as fast as Michael Vick was on last year's game, meaning Michael Vick will be a fu*king speed demon. Not feeling good about that. Even seemed fast on Slow speed.

Replays are too short sometimes. I heard they limited the replay threshold due to this being a demo, so hopefully it's different in the final game because this was a problem in Madden 11 before they patched it.

Overall presentation is great and I believe it actually sh*ts on NCAA, and that's not an easy feat.

Easily shaping up to be the best Madden this generation. Can't wait for August 26th (season pass)

Last edited by EGO; 08-09-2011 at 03:56 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #53
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15771 15771
I'm downloading now, i'll let you know if this game has improved.
 6 years ago '08        #54
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
madden 12 better than madden 10???? madden 11 was turrrrrrible
 6 years ago '04        #55
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
By the way, I too am seeing frequent drops by receivers. I know its tough to catch the ball in traffic or when hit, but this is just ridiculous. Could be the slightest love tap and they'll drop the ball.
 6 years ago '10        #56
Chai 
space
space
$1,238 | Props total: 1 1
Almost fell asleep playing that sh*t. Madden ain't for me.
 6 years ago '10        #57
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,610 | Props total: 30553 30553
Demo taking ages to download
 6 years ago '09        #58
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,823 | Props total: 724 724
plays akin to NCAA

and presentation is dope

ready to pirate
 6 years ago '06        #59
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,985 | Props total: 10649 10649
Just finished first game and lost in overtime on all madden 24-21 on some bullsh*t. Got the ball to start ot...on 2nd and 10 hit nelson for like 20 yards wide open (maybe a td) and he dropped it. Next play ran a slant with finley open for a first wide open and dropped it (only prob I had with drops other then a bomb to jennings). Then punted and had them 3rd and 18 and they bombed it...thought I had a pick and dropped over my head (was pissed)..put them in field goal range and they won...

As for the game I like it....only gripe I really had is 2 things they took from ncaa...

1. Camera angle is too far out....on run plays especially....when u handoff the camera pulls back and hard to read ur blocks when everybody is so small)

2. The tackling....although better then ncaa still not loving it...cant put my finger on it but its like a soon as u hit them they fall dead or something

Only played 1 game but a couple plays where forte was running dudes over...hoping the broken tackles is fixed. I wasn't in tbe backfield enough to really say
 6 years ago '04        #60
Mark-Ez 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,057 | Props total: 1282 1282
not for me, i started then cancelled and tried again and this time it's only takin 15 minutes. ps3 btw
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
14 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
52 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA PEOPLE IN LITHUANIA REACT TO LAMELO AND GELO BALL SIGNING :mjwow:
61 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy