Album review: 'Watch the Throne' a royal waste :jaydamn:

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
40 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-09-2011, 01:02 PM         #121
PRODUCT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trill Clinton said:
Jay has always talked about flossing on his albums,but he also had songs that showed depth and soul.D'evils,Meet the parents,Lucifer,Regrets,and etc but lately Jay Z has been spitting the same "look at my wrist" type rhymes for a minute now,and it's just starting to get stale.The reason n*ggas are trashing the album is the fact they entitled the sh*t watch the throne like it was going to be some grand hip hop altering album when it's essentially Kanye West instrumentals featuring a flabby and sick Jay spitting average bars.When Ace Hood has more depth in his rhymes than Jay Z then that is a problem.
Thank you.
 6 years ago '06        #122
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
 Scan said:
I hope you're a troll. cuz ur ignorant
I guess I am ignorant for wanting Jay Z to show depth at a point in his career where he already has all the money. You Camel Jockies are lost.
 6 years ago '05        #123
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4136 4136
The subject matter is whatever....

My main issue is this: I know for a FACT that both Jay & Kanye are better than the weak bars they had to offer on WTT. I'm not giving them a pass, because I know they're capable of a whole lot better.
 6 years ago '06        #124
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,230 | Props total: 319 319
 daomega_1 said:
the subject matter is whatever....

My main issue is this: I know for a fact that both jay & kanye are better than the weak bars they had to offer on wtt. I'm not giving them a pass, because i know they're capable of a whole lot better.
and their beat selections should have been better! Both are capable of so much more! Highly dissapointed! I still say they should have went the american gangster route! Concept album that was sample heavy! This would have fit them two together better!
 6 years ago '08        #125
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17250 17250
stay mad Camel Warriors but this man just came with the truth of the matter, this isn't a review in
the myst of the hype this is a real review of the overall product, WTT is not the classic album you expected just two old guys playing around with music, not trying to make something special.
I bet you years later they will both say, we wasn't even trying to do anything special with that album, if this collab album was created after the camel retired and during backpack Ye's rise, it would had been something to be hyped about.

Last edited by The N; 08-09-2011 at 02:00 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #126
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
 Kingme said:
I guess I am ignorant for wanting Jay Z to show depth at a point in his career where he already has all the money. You Camel Jockies are lost.
i dont get it, what do you want him to say? what is he doing wrong...your basically saying you want him to change who he is...at 40+ years old...and with that i don't think you ever really liked his music

"and now that thats that lets talk about the future, we have just seen the dream as predicted by martin luther...now you could choose to sit in front of your computer posing with guns, shooting youtube up, or you can come with me to the white house, fix ya suit up. you stuck on being hardcore, i chuck the deuce up, peace out medusas..."

fu*k is deep when someone says something as real as that? you want him to be fake and start reaching?

call me camel warrior but the proof is in the pudding...

and you writing off my whole posts and points while im acknowledging yours..if im debating a losing battle let me know cuz it seems as if you don't really care to get it you just hate the guy
 6 years ago '08        #127
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,825 | Props total: 9141 9141
Partially agree, Jay stans mad
 6 years ago '08        #128
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,833 | Props total: 12544 12544
 The N said:
stay mad Camel Warriors but this man just came with the truth of the matter, this isn't a review in
the myst of the hype this is a real review of the overall product, WTT is not the classic album you expected just two old guys playing around with music, not trying to make something special.
I bet you years later they will both say, we wasn't even trying to do anything special with that album, if this collab album was created after the camel retired and during backpack Ye's rise, it would had been something to be hyped about.
Honest question, did jay-z fu*k your mother or something?

You been bleeding profusely in every thread
 6 years ago '04        #129
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
yall gonna retract your statements in a week anyway so fu*k it lol

i just really cant believe a source thats supposed to be credible across the nation reviewed a rap album in that fashion and ppl will take that writer seriously, thats disgusting

Last edited by EOAE; 08-09-2011 at 02:09 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #130
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6514 6514
people think rappers should save the world. all them dudes are different. you don't have to like it but don't be talking about "they have to be this way"

jay-z not going to try to rap like nas. he never been that type. thats like me asking mos def to start doing crunk music. if they did it they wouldn't sound right.

the last 4 albums people been saying he needs to switch it up when 3 of them been different subject matter.

i think wtt is a decent album. not a classic but not pure garbage either.
 6 years ago '08        #131
space
space
 MrIndieArtist said:
is it so much to ask a billionaire who was made by the people. to help uplift those same people.
Sorry but if your looking at rappers to "uplift" you, you lost at life.

ITS ONLY ENTERTAINMENT.

Truth is n*ggas weren't gonna be happy either way...if he rapped about drugs and coming up in the hood, bx user: man u don't live that lifestyle,this aint 96 anymore....if he raps about money, its why jay always flossing and bragging about his money?

Lets be honest here, no matter how great or bad this album was or is, people will NEVER be satisfied
 6 years ago '08        #132
space
space
 MrIndieArtist said:
you guys also miss the reality that the rap industry is similar to any other franchise like mcdonalds. records labels compete for control over cities and large markets like mcdonalds franchisees do .

jay only exists cause biggie was murdered and new york needed to place the franchise tag on someone.

jays success is about the market more then it is about being smart. when you are the franchise player of the biggest market your going ot be successful.

dont go writing this guy off as a genius. hes like jeter of the rap game. big market plus decent production and the hype machine takes over

Give me next weeks lotto numbers, mr. psychic.
 6 years ago '04        #133
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,810 | Props total: 1835 1835
 Smoke500 said:
Actually no one said that...you're seeing it that way because you, like others on here are thinking one dimensional. Plenty of hood rappers rap about bentleys and everything else. Hell...Ross has his "Maybach music" label. My point clearly stated the opposite of what you're saying. I just made the distinction between other rappers with money and Jay & Kanye with money...yet you respond by implying that I'm saying money buys sophistication and class. By this alone you've shown you're incapable of analyzing another point of view in a debate

I spoke on Jay and Kanye's image and persona. No one sees them as thugs, as gangsters. People see them as geniuses, as clean cut, as business men, as lyrically gifted, as non-violent, as bosses. They're iconic figures. This is like Lex Luger vs. Pharrell...cut from different cloths even if they produce music with similar topics. Their status translates into their music and that's why when they rap on their topics it's RECEIVED differently and it IS different.

The very fact that you felt the need to mention ritzy white folks and jews(why you felt to throw that racial dynamic in there idk), and the fact that you said that's the reason kanye and jay are like that tells me that you think that a black person being that way is somehow unnatural. Otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned ritzy white folks and jews...you're essentially saying without saying it directly that they're "acting white"

And how ironic...right after you say "where did I get that from", you talk about what black people "feel they have to do to be accepted by the white man". How about....black people are human beings just like anyone else...grew up in the culture they're in...and are being themselves even if that means being wealthy, successful, and happy about it? That can't be a human or cultural thing...can only be a white eurocentric thing huh?

Reasonable Doubt was great. It spoke on Jay's feelings at the time. Kanye was "Through the Wire" at one point...now he's jumping on award stages and getting wasted.

Watch the Throne is great...it's speaking on Jay's(and Kanye's) feeling at the time. Get over it. Watch the Throne dropped...don't k!ll yourself

You're defending the merit of an album whose overall theme is a superficially materialistic one of self glorification with lack of any deeper narrative and we're the ones who are one dimensional ??? The musical substance isn't that deep so attempting to make your explanation of the meaning behind it more profound than the actual lyrical content itself is ridiculous and delusional.

Lemme help you be honest, just say " I dont really have high standards , I'm easily entertained, and two guys in their late 30s/early 40s pretentiously flaunting their material wealth and ego's is inspirational to me " That would be more sincere articulation of your sentiments.

What does ppl seeing or not seeing these two as thugs and gangstas or clean cut business men/lyrical geniuses have anything to do with them providing a shallow, ostentatious, and superficial piece of work ??? You're basically saying their professional success gives them a pass to aimlessly rap about material wealth and their inflated egos for 12 tracks straight.

I mentioned ritzy white folk and smug jews because that in particular is the newest presence these two have become familiar with on a social level. No , Jay and Ye are not "acting white" because alot of those ritzy white folk and jews dont even act in such a pretentious manner, they keep their spending relatively conservative considering their wealth. You dont see Jimmy Iovine partaking in the conspicuous consumption in order to achieve a pecuniary emulation to validate his ego. Dude still drives a mercedes from the damn 80's. What Ye and Jay are doing is NOT acting white cuz most rich white ppl dont even act like that. Shyt is just High Class Cooning. Where you got the a.ssumption that I was trying to say " they are acting white and that's wrong " is beyond me.

The reason I said "impressing the white man" is because you tried to justify their flaunting by saying " at least they dont act giddy like other rappers". Of course they dont, the reason they learned a different "way" to flaunt/behave/act is because if they acted like lower class coons (Gucci, Wakka, Soula Boy) then their higher class peers would look at them like " man these negros are hilarious " so they learned how to be higher class coons thinking it was more acceptable, but at the end of the day their peers still quietly think " damn these negros were broke and all they cared about was flaunting wealth, now they got money and they still only care about flaunting wealth " . They are making lower class youth naively think that the way to be accepted in higher class environments and looked at as classy and sophisticated is to stop bragging about jordans and rims and start bragging about gucci slippers and automav watches. It's like they have everyone's attention and they're basically saying "forget about all the other shyt in the world, getting money so you can stunt on ppl is the most important thing in life .. BLING BLING BLING " , just because they code it in higher end label names you guys think it's "sophisticated".

Imma just reflect on a Kanye Quote:

" n*ggaz be writing bullshyt like 'that gotta work' , n*ggaz is going through real shyt man they outta work, that's why another god damn dance track gotta hurt , thats why I'd rather spit something that got a purp(ose) "

It's kinda ironic how that quote pretty much sums up the critique of the next album he touched.
 6 years ago '04        #134
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,566 | Props total: 2426 2426
 psylence2k said:
I really can't believe that you think the "upgrade" of a materialistic lifestyle makes it any less superficial.

Look past the facade and see the bigger picture for what it really is, there's no difference between the new rappers with escalade on rims , gaudy chains, and video hoes versus Jay/Ye bragging about kicking Louie slippers off on their yacht in st. tropez, materialism is materialism, just because it's materialism that seems so out of the reach of the average hood cat doesn't make it any less superficial.

I dont mind the luxury shyt as long as there's a deeper narrative and the flashy talk isn't the MAJORITY of what's being said. cuz at the end of the day what does that say about Jay and Ye ?? nothing besides they kept that same materialistic mindset that crack dealers in the hood had only difference is that they were blessed with a "legal" talent , so now they're taking their cooning to another level. Making it seem like Only money = greatness, and your main inspiration for grinding is just to get higher class expensive shyt just for the sole purpose to say " I'm better than yall" is some hood **** shyt mentality.

You wonder why Jay and Ye dont act giddy and flashy in the same "way" that regular rappers do ? because they've been removed and put into rooms with jews and ritzy white folk and spend all their time with them now so now their mentality is " ah shyt so this is how you stunt/ball/bling/act/behave on this level , we already impress the hood now lets impress the white folk with our stuntin" . The mentality and concept is still the same idea as the ignorant hood cat flashing his rims and hoes, it's just done on a different level.

I'm laughing at how easily these guys fool you by putting the same picture in a different frame, it's the same thing as someone taking a shirt you didn't care for then slapping a louie vuitton logo on it and all of a sudden you're like " oh man that's some high class shyt "
:agreement6:
 6 years ago '08        #135
space
space
 MrIndieArtist said:
only entertainment?? say that to the kids rocking snap back fitteds right now. the ones who switched from doo rags and throwbacks to button downs, skinny jeans, addidas and run dmc.

i dont need nobody to uplift me. but right now theres a kid whose sitting at home right now a broken home at that with no real hero no real role model andd a gucci mane cd. teens kids can quote a crack rapper before they quote a politician.

entertainment aint entertainment no more douchebag. its online, its on radio, its on tv, its in social circles, entertainment is power when you see how people react to it. this site is 70,000 deeps of people checking into see jiggas next move instead of obamas

you ever been driving your car and a song comes on that u really like and without even knowing it ur doing 10 miles over the speed limit. its a phenomena how music effects the brain and society
since ancient times kings and queens used theater to sway public opinion.

you kids are lost. this is generation lost.
^Clearly upset.

Sorry but you can make all the fu*kin excuses all you want, at the end of the day its still ENTERTAINMENT.

You looking for these dudes to be role models, you LOST at LIFE. End of story.
 6 years ago '04        #136
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
 MrIndieArtist said:
homey ur an idiot. a lost idiot. i was a huge fan. been to several concerts. grew up on the guy. thought he was the greatest. when takeover dropped i claimed it was and still is realer then ether.

but how things have changed. look at nas. nas stopped cashing in on whats popular route and now only raps the real.

nas took a pay cut essentially to spread a cleaner more reflective message to the masses. jay still selling yall capitalism. that i have a billion dollars so now i got class. and now i dont wear doo rags and fitteds and wear sandals so i got class. and i dont make gangster music no more like i use to cause i got class. and i use to fu*k hoes and dog them out but now i got beyonce so i got classs.

and you suckers eat it up. giving him more bread. so he can make another album to sell u how he bout his money and his class.

you such a knowledgable smart n*gga jigga, then speak to use about why black prison rates are through the roof. why the drug epidemic that you contributed to is still so powerful. maybe speak about the changes hes helped make in the hoods he grew up. (o wait that never happened) maybe about the default of the financial system in america that has effected at least half his fan base.

but ur right doing the right thing isnt cool. making money is the end all be all
indie, you don't like jay-z as a man. ok i get it. you don't like jay-z cuz he dresses different, because he still wants to make money which is HIS personal goal.

nas been preaching from the get go, from illmatic...nas been talking about the kings of africa from the get go..he ain't change, cuz that's who he is.

jay been talking that money sh*t from the get go, making music to make money from the get go, you liked him before, now you don't. but dont say he changed, cuz that's who he is.

but dont talk like he doesn't say anything worthwhile if you not gonna take heed to the facts...i just provided a quote, which i can provide many more of jay sending a positive thorough message to n*ggas.

but it's not enough cuz he aint do it like nas...
 6 years ago '10        #137
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 MrIndieArtist said:
lol at you "applying" jeezy to your own life thats why i know ur an idiot.

please read a book or something instead of quoting a rapper as a credible source of life advice
I do

Rap is also about emotion...and I can relate to some songs Jeezy may rap on on a different topic.

That makes me an idiot?? Lol okay. Thus far I've used logic and reason with my argument. All you've done is call me an idiot and use a bunch of weak anecdotal arguments against mine
 6 years ago '10        #138
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 MrIndieArtist said:
is it so much to ask a billionaire who was made by the people. to help uplift those same people.
Jay doesn't owe anyone anything. No one is obligated to give you or anyone sh*t. If they do good...that's great

I'll be the 1st person to argue that rich people should pay their fair share of taxes. But they're not REQUIRED to give away their wealth. And I say that as someone who would give away my wealth...but unlike you I'm capable of being objective
 6 years ago '10        #139
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,179 | Props total: 8248 8248
 MrIndieArtist said:
you guys miss the correlation. psylence2k has broke it down quite thoroughly tho ill let him do the typing from here on out.

as a man if me and jay were in the same elevator i wouldnt even acknowledge him. no amount of money in the world all the money in the world couldnt make me turn my back on the human race as a whole and where i come from.

if yall equate the end all be all of existance as dollar signs as jay does every chance he get. and every action hes made. then we as a people have lost.

jesus never had the platform jay has. if jesus had the mic and was spittin jesus lyrics the world would be a better palce. i only use jesus as an example i am not a man of christianity

Turned his back on the human race

Its called growing up all artists do it, its funny that rappers are the only musicians that can't elevate their music intelligently and mature without selling out. Go listen to Lil stevie wonder then go listen to Hotter than July then go listen to Songs in the Key of Life. Its called the maturation of an artist.

If people like Rusell, 50, and Jay and Kanye don't inspire you to go 100% harder at your own hustle, whatever it may be, listening to this album is like reading a self help book trying to find a recipe for crab cakes.
 6 years ago '04        #140
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6514 6514
turned his back on the human race?.....

yea im done

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
76 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago