Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
195 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #81
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,797 | Props total: 1806 1806
 Smoke500 said:
What you're essentially saying is...only jews and "ritzy white folks" can be classy or sophisticated. Rappers and black folk are supposed to naturally keep it hood because it's all the same

Dude it's not all the same. Be a critical thinker...one is a more mainstream acceptable icon of success than the other. Most black people contrary to popular belief aren't into the hood way of wealth. Jay and Kanye applies to a more acceptable version of success and aspirations...the same way most world icons of success do

I don't care if you rap about your success...that's your right. I care when that message is combined with logic that promotes more of a "I'm still hood" culture. Neither Kanye, Jay, or even Drake I might add does that...

Once again you missed the point . how does any of the materialistic shyt that we are discussing about have anything to do with class and sophistication ?? So if you have millions you can just cop bentleys, G4's, supermodels and all of a sudden you're classy and sophisticated? If you think money automatically buys class and sophistication then we dont need to discuss anymore.

Nobody said that ritzy white folk and jews who display similar behavior as Jay and Ye aren't just as superficial and materialistic as they are, doesn't matter what color you are. and nobody said you have to keep it "hood", where are you getting all these a.ssumptions from??

So now its okay because this type of materialism is a more "acceptable" way of flossing right? Acceptable by who exactly ?? I seriously think you're basing this off a ethnically minority perceived ideal set by eurocentric standard, in other words what black ppl feel they have to do to be "acceptable" and respected by the white man.

Ppl consider Reasonable Doubt as Jay's best album because even tho there was all that talk about champagne, lexuses, movados, and jewelry it was only peppered on the larger narratives of regrets, ambition, friendship, comradery, temptation, guilt, and introspection. Shyt was still egotistical but at least it was egotistical with DEPTH, the Jay-z we have nowadays is a thin translucent shell of what he was back then lyrically.

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-09-2011 at 02:53 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #82
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
 psylence2k said:
like I said to the other guy's post , any line that even appears " deep" or "conscious" is actually a ego stroke in disguise for Jay. " I tried" , he always finds a way to curve the narrative back towards towards his ego.

That's the part yall dont catch, aside from the fact this shyt is a blatant lie, this was a subliminal at Beans, that whole song was, so Hov wanted beans to be a king not a soldier, yet he wouldnt allow him to leave rocafella and get a new deal even tho jay basically was just sitting on him not doing shyt knowing that he was making way more money off other artist anyways. Beans asking Hov like " yo you got all this other shyt going on, lemme bounce and get this other deal by myself " and Hov like " hmmmm nah I think imma just keep u here even tho I dont have the time to really help u with anything" what type of "teaching you how to be a king" shyt is that ?
But I did address that it could be bullsh*t. Your focused on the messenger..you talk about jay-z stroking his ego as if anyone that was ever great at anything didn't have one (an ego),

I'm talking about the message.

People have a bunch of talents and abilities, just opportunities that they don't really capitalize on. They end up doing some sh*t they don't want to do because they never really applied themselves. It's as simple as that.

You so focused on the 'bad' of jay-z that you don't wanna take anything good from dude. Dude really got a crew and made everybody rich. And he did a lot of that sh*t on tv. This n*gga dame was in the forbes with 250 mil at one point lol, if that sh*t is true how can u not think dude isn't saying anything worthwhile?

Or maybe I see it differently. Call me crazy...I can drop a lot of quotables from jay that I think ppl should take heed to
 6 years ago '10        #83
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
 MrIndieArtist said:
there are a lot worse rappers out there then jay is how ill end it. the funny thing is i could rhyme every line from pre-reasonable doubt to the black album. i grew up with jay. to see where hes at i expected more from him socially. is all im saying. this watch the throne is a kick in the balls to someone who wants jay to come full circle and speak to the people like a real man. not a man behind material objects.
Has Jay ever been social though? MTP is the only track that comes to mind and even that's more storytelling.

He also famously said that if skills sold he'd be like Talib Kweli & rhyming like Common.
 6 years ago '04        #84
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,797 | Props total: 1806 1806
 Scan said:
But I did address that it could be bullsh*t. Your focused on the messenger..you talk about jay-z stroking his ego as if anyone that was ever great at anything didn't have one (an ego),

I'm talking about the message.

People have a bunch of talents and abilities, just opportunities that they don't really capitalize on. They end up doing some sh*t they don't want to do because they never really applied themselves. It's as simple as that.

You so focused on the 'bad' of jay-z that you don't wanna take anything good from dude. Dude really got a crew and made everybody rich. And he did a lot of that sh*t on tv. This n*gga dame was in the forbes with 250 mil at one point lol, if that sh*t is true how can u not think dude isn't saying anything worthwhile?

Or maybe I see it differently. Call me crazy...I can drop a lot of quotables from jay that I think ppl should take heed to
focus too much on JUST the message and the deceitful messenger will be able to hide his angle. What's the point of watching that message in particular when he doesn't show how to apply that statement ? How did he teach Beans how to be a king? he used him to f!ght all his battles then when he was useless to him he still kept him captive so 50 couldn't get him , then when nobody wanted him he left him in the wild. Dude treated him like a pawn the whole time. So where is the "example " for this message ?? How did he teach anyone how to be a king? I guess he taught Ye how to be one when he told his a$$ to just stick to producing and don't rap? Look past the smoke and mirrors, Jay pulling wool over eyes with his silver tongue so damn easily. He spits that philosophical knowledge shyt to make him appear wise but if u watch this actions, the shyt never adds up and you obviously see his whole "philosopher" angle in alotta cases is just that..... an angle.

Only thing Jay taught ppl how to do is reach unprecedented levels of success,fame,and fortune by using the ppl around u, when did Jay EVER help anyone that wasn't in some way , fashion, or aspect returning a service, opportunity, or favor to him?? When he was Jay-Z RocaFella top artist before Beyonce and the business ventures, he needed state prop and beans as support for his brand since it still needed "hood" credibility to be marketable, as soon as he became corporate CEO Hov he dropped all those bums because he no longer needed them. Yea they got a little money because he needed them for his brand, and by little I do mean little, like when he was only paying Young Gunz $1,000 a piece for opening his show while he took the other $ 80,000 all while THEY were the ones who had grammy nominations and the biggest rap hit in the country.

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-09-2011 at 03:14 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #85
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,935 | Props total: 1531 1531
 SHootar said:
yeah read this earlier...he got a point. it does get tiring to hear jay and ye go back and forth for the entire album about how much richer they are then everyone else.

for me this album bumps b/c of the production. if a verse is hot, it's a bonus unfortunately.
^^^pretty much.

not to say the actual songs are bad...but the subject matter is very repetitive and predictable.
 6 years ago '07        #86
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
 kakish said:
^^^pretty much.

not to say the actual songs are bad...but the subject matter is very repetitive and predictable.
Yea no substance lol oh well production > lyrics .... Heard she fu*ked the doorman well I fu*ked the waitress like a rabbit I like carrots I'm allergic to having bunny ears the fu*k?!
 6 years ago '09        #87
youngrob 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,186 | Props total: 14 14
The music is meant to be an escape, it motivates me to wanna get rich. It's like letting me see into a life I can't afford to live. It's not their fault my money ain't right, if you wanna hear some "recession rap" go cop that ace hood
 6 years ago '05        #88
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
This review, in a few ways, explains a great many of my feelings about the album.
 6 years ago '06        #89
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,908 | Props total: 7598 7598
Mo Money Mo Problems? Why they aint rap about the problems? Everyone who went out and bought that album probly goin through something, woulda been cool to have a soundtrack or at least an album from these 2 great artist with some kind of depth. I was expecting Jay to drop rhymes of the same caliber as he did on Most Kings.

I think that the biggest dissapointment is that they had everyones attention and didn't say anything. They played it safe. Album coulda been a game changer for hip hop but instead it was a softball for Jay and Kanye Fans, Im not mad at that (get money), just dissapointed.
 08-09-2011, 06:10 AM         #90
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:
Mo Money Mo Problems? Why they aint rap about the problems?
Because they're not Drake.
 6 years ago '06        #91
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,908 | Props total: 7598 7598
 Dangerously said:
Because they're not Drake.
Yeah Drake, too bad I didnt say girl problems. Drake = Simp

They shoulda listened to Life After death before making this album
 6 years ago '06        #92
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,229 | Props total: 319 319
As for their upcoming tour.... I predict a fall out between the two of them ala Jay and R-Kelly on the best of both worlds tour! n*ggas egos are gonna clash! Watch and see! And by the way.... this album sucks!!!! An album like American Gangster doesn't get the credit it deserves. A by far better album as a whole! Musically and lyrically! A couple months from now n*ggas aint even gonna be listening to this garbage! I still bump American Gangster from time to time to this day! Stop d!ckridin just because it's Jay and Kanye! It's alright to admit that this album is over hyped and sucks!
 6 years ago '10        #93
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,681 | Props total: 200 200
I agree with points in that review. like I keep saying, the album is average. decent album. definitely NOT a classic by any means however.
 6 years ago '08        #94
senseispab 
space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
It's a good album

But lyrically it's largely a waste of talent

MBDTF was much better.
 6 years ago '05        #95
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1666 1666
 Kingme said:
Mo Money Mo Problems? Why they aint rap about the problems? Everyone who went out and bought that album probly goin through something, woulda been cool to have a soundtrack or at least an album from these 2 great artist with some kind of depth. I was expecting Jay to drop rhymes of the same caliber as he did on Most Kings.

I think that the biggest dissapointment is that they had everyones attention and didn't say anything. They played it safe. Album coulda been a game changer for hip hop but instead it was a softball for Jay and Kanye Fans, Im not mad at that (get money), just dissapointed.
Make way for GOAT Jr., J. Cole's gonna take over next month
 6 years ago '07        #96
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,900 | Props total: 1144 1144
 psylence2k said:
I really can't believe that you think the "upgrade" of a materialistic lifestyle makes it any less superficial.

Look past the facade and see the bigger picture for what it really is, there's no difference between the new rappers with escalade on rims , gaudy chains, and video hoes versus Jay/Ye bragging about kicking Louie slippers off on their yacht in st. tropez, materialism is materialism, just because it's materialism that seems so out of the reach of the average hood cat doesn't make it any less superficial.

I dont mind the luxury shyt as long as there's a deeper narrative and the flashy talk isn't the MAJORITY of what's being said. cuz at the end of the day what does that say about Jay and Ye ?? nothing besides they kept that same materialistic mindset that crack dealers in the hood had only difference is that they were blessed with a "legal" talent , so now they're taking their cooning to another level. Making it seem like Only money = greatness, and your main inspiration for grinding is just to get higher class expensive shyt just for the sole purpose to say " I'm better than yall" is some hood **** shyt mentality.

You wonder why Jay and Ye dont act giddy and flashy in the same "way" that regular rappers do ? because they've been removed and put into rooms with jews and ritzy white folk and spend all their time with them now so now their mentality is " ah shyt so this is how you stunt/ball/bling/act/behave on this level , we already impress the hood now lets impress the white folk with our stuntin" . The mentality and concept is still the same idea as the ignorant hood cat flashing his rims and hoes, it's just done on a different level.

I'm laughing at how easily these guys fool you by putting the same picture in a different frame, it's the same thing as someone taking a shirt you didn't care for then slapping a louie vuitton logo on it and all of a sudden you're like " oh man that's some high class shyt "
wow....post of the year:agreement6:
 08-09-2011, 08:25 AM         #97
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
I really can't believe that you think the "upgrade" of a materialistic lifestyle makes it any less superficial.

Look past the facade and see the bigger picture for what it really is, there's no difference between the new rappers with escalade on rims , gaudy chains, and video hoes versus Jay/Ye bragging about kicking Louie slippers off on their yacht in st. tropez, materialism is materialism, just because it's materialism that seems so out of the reach of the average hood cat doesn't make it any less superficial.

I dont mind the luxury shyt as long as there's a deeper narrative and the flashy talk isn't the MAJORITY of what's being said. cuz at the end of the day what does that say about Jay and Ye ?? nothing besides they kept that same materialistic mindset that crack dealers in the hood had only difference is that they were blessed with a "legal" talent , so now they're taking their cooning to another level. Making it seem like Only money = greatness, and your main inspiration for grinding is just to get higher class expensive shyt just for the sole purpose to say " I'm better than yall" is some hood **** shyt mentality.

You wonder why Jay and Ye dont act giddy and flashy in the same "way" that regular rappers do ? because they've been removed and put into rooms with jews and ritzy white folk and spend all their time with them now so now their mentality is " ah shyt so this is how you stunt/ball/bling/act/behave on this level , we already impress the hood now lets impress the white folk with our stuntin" . The mentality and concept is still the same idea as the ignorant hood cat flashing his rims and hoes, it's just done on a different level.

I'm laughing at how easily these guys fool you by putting the same picture in a different frame, it's the same thing as someone taking a shirt you didn't care for then slapping a louie vuitton logo on it and all of a sudden you're like " oh man that's some high class shyt "
This earned a friend request offer. :agreement6:

No squares in my circle.
 08-09-2011, 08:29 AM         #98
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
This review, in a few ways, explains a great many of my feelings about the album.
No surprise because the last paragraph sounds like the reviewer graduated straight out of the Armond White school.
 6 years ago '07        #99
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 907 907
If you hate it..they will come.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #100
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
"Hello, hello hello hello white america
Assasinate my character
Money matrimony, yeah they tryin to break the marriage up
Who gonna act phoney-er who gon try to embrass ya"

Last edited by Bobby's World; 08-09-2011 at 10:25 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
85 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy