most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
268 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-09-2011, 02:24 AM         #61
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dangerously said:
"I’m a multi-millionaire so how is it I’m still the hardest here,
I don’t be in the project hallway talking about how I be in the project all day
That sound stupid to me, if you a gangsta this is how you prove it to me."

Jay-Z - "death of Autotune"

That's the problem with hip hop fans. You complain about lack of grown and you complain about someone not staying true to where he comes from. You can't have it both ways.
I get what you're saying with this but Jay is the same guy who almost made an all auto-tune album but scrapped it and then made D.O.A. When I heard that I just kind of lost a lot of respect for him. He doesn't have to be rappin about the hood or guns to sound good. Consequently if he's rhyming about bling and all that sh*t it's just boring to me. He made a "concept album" so he could have a reason to rhyme like he used to. It didn't pull me in.

Songs like Lyrical Exercise, Renegade, etc. that sh*t is entertaining. this other sh*t just bores me cause they just do it for money.

Dangerously said:
My thing is though, when I compare this with what's come out this year, there's very little competition. That's why this album is good to me, because across the landscape is mediocre, underwhelming garbage. When Rick Ross is the most consistent mainstream artist out here besides Kanye and Jay...that's mindblowing to me.
But that's the thing, if it's the best amongst not a lot of good stuff does that elevate it that much more? That's my perspective.
 08-09-2011, 02:24 AM         #62
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay's performance is straight hood. If anything, he does it like Lil Wayne and brings in a live band.

Kanye had the fu*king circus with him and sh*t at Coachella

He was up in the air on that thing just scratching his nut sack like fu*k these mother fu*kers below me. I'm just gonna chill here and come down like I own these bi*ches.
 6 years ago '10        #63
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 psylence2k said:
I really can't believe that you think the "upgrade" of a materialistic lifestyle makes it any less superficial.

Look past the facade and see the bigger picture for what it really is, there's no difference between the new rappers with escalade on rims , gaudy chains, and video hoes versus Jay/Ye bragging about kicking Louie slippers off on their yacht in st. tropez, materialism is materialism, just because it's materialism that seems so out of the reach of the average hood cat doesn't make it any less superficial.

I dont mind the luxury shyt as long as there's a deeper narrative and the flashy talk isn't the MAJORITY of what's being said. cuz at the end of the day what does that say about Jay and Ye ?? nothing besides they kept that same materialistic mindset that crack dealers in the hood had only difference is that they were blessed with a "legal" talent , so now they're taking their cooning to another level. Making it seem like Only money = greatness, and your main inspiration for grinding is just to get higher class expensive shyt just for the sole purpose to say " I'm better than yall" is some hood **** shyt mentality.

You wonder why Jay and Ye dont act giddy and flashy in the same "way" that regular rappers do ? because they've been removed and put into rooms with jews and ritzy white folk and spend all their time with them now so now their mentality is " ah shyt so this is how you stunt/ball/bling/act/behave on this level , we already impress the hood now lets impress the white folk with our stuntin" . The mentality and concept is still the same idea as the ignorant hood cat flashing his rims and hoes, it's just done on a different level.
What you're essentially saying is...only jews and "ritzy white folks" can be classy or sophisticated. Rappers and black folk are supposed to naturally keep it hood because it's all the same

Dude it's not all the same. Be a critical thinker...one is a more mainstream acceptable icon of success than the other. Most black people contrary to popular belief aren't into the hood way of wealth. Jay and Kanye applies to a more acceptable version of success and aspirations...the same way most world icons of success do

I don't care if you rap about your success...that's your right. I care when that message is combined with logic that promotes more of a "I'm still hood" culture. Neither Kanye, Jay, or even Drake I might add does that...
 6 years ago '04        #64
akalimelazer 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$363 | Props total: 8 8
[QUOTE=Cheeze;20229857]

Coupled with the album’s recent single “Otis,” in which a sharp Redding sample is wasted on a vapid litany of product-placement shout-outs from West and Jay-Z extolling how rich they are, the album already is grossly out of touch with the summer of 2011. Both West and Jay-Z were vocal backers of Barack Obama during his 2008 presidential campaign, but now that America is struggling to regain its economic bearings, they rhyme about their private jets, expensive watches and supermodel escapades.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #65
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 MrIndieArtist said:

here he is being a gangster
Dude...the question was when was he ever SEEN as a gangster. He doesn't and never had that image. He's always had the image of a Godfather, Boss, or Businessman...which is in an entirely different context. Even his 1st album cover exuded that image
 6 years ago '04        #66
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 Scan said:
It's about getting ppl to actually have some ambition...some goal..that's a detail, look at the bigger picture.

"I tried to show ppl how to be kings and they wanna be soldiers"

I can understand if ppl think hes bullsh*ttin but who else is really putting out ideas like that for ppl to really contemplate.
like I said to the other guy's post , any line that even appears " deep" or "conscious" is actually a ego stroke in disguise for Jay. " I tried" , he always finds a way to curve the narrative back towards towards his ego.

That's the part yall dont catch, aside from the fact this shyt is a blatant lie, this was a subliminal at Beans, that whole song was, so Hov wanted beans to be a king not a soldier, yet he wouldnt allow him to leave rocafella and get a new deal even tho jay basically was just sitting on him not doing shyt knowing that he was making way more money off other artist anyways. Beans asking Hov like " yo you got all this other shyt going on, lemme bounce and get this other deal by myself " and Hov like " hmmmm nah I think imma just keep u here even tho I dont have the time to really help u with anything" what type of "teaching you how to be a king" shyt is that ?

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-09-2011 at 02:32 AM..
 08-09-2011, 02:29 AM         #67
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MrIndieArtist said:
one line cant void his multiple albums of murder, drugs, and corruption.
I pray you don't take life this seriously.
 6 years ago '10        #68
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
 illicitx said:
Jay's performance is straight hood. If anything, he does it like Lil Wayne and brings in a live band.

Kanye had the fu*king circus with him and sh*t at Coachella

He was up in the air on that thing just scratching his nut sack like fu*k these mother fu*kers below me. I'm just gonna chill here and come down like I own these bi*ches.
Acting like Kanye hasn't been doing live bands

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #69
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
 MrIndieArtist said:
jays first 7 albums are filled with the same crap ross and jeezy are pedaling. dont quote me lines he says about trying to uplift people.
I get the point you're tryna make, I don't think you get mine...but that has more to do with the fact that you don't want to

and your just dismissing other things so I'ma just call a spade a spades no point in trying
 08-09-2011, 02:31 AM         #70
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cheeze said:
I get what you're saying with this but Jay is the same guy who almost made an all auto-tune album but scrapped it and then made D.O.A. When I heard that I just kind of lost a lot of respect for him. He doesn't have to be rappin about the hood or guns to sound good. Consequently if he's rhyming about bling and all that sh*t it's just boring to me. He made a "concept album" so he could have a reason to rhyme like he used to. It didn't pull me in.

Songs like Lyrical Exercise, Renegade, etc. that sh*t is entertaining. this other sh*t just bores me cause they just do it for money.

But that's the thing, if it's the best amongst not a lot of good stuff does that elevate it that much more? That's my perspective.
Understood
 08-09-2011, 02:32 AM         #71
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MrIndieArtist said:
life is actually a pretty serious thing
So who do you listen to now? Who are you a fan of?
 6 years ago '10        #72
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 MrIndieArtist said:
you could argue all you want about freedom to do with what u want in ur life thats fine.

but as a man. an adult. i dont have any respect for a man whose made his money the way jay has.
and watch the throne is a brilliant portray of an egotistical man whose not in it for the money anymore, but in it for control of peoples hearts.

Do you apply the same standard to actors??

Dude get over it. Controlling people's hearts? I'm far from a vain person...I don't even care much about money. But I can see something for what it is as well and accept it as entertainment and good music

You don't like the way Jay makes his money?? ...the guy is still a symbol of success. I'll take his image over Lil Wayne's anyday

MrIndieArtist said:
jays first 7 albums are filled with the same crap ross and jeezy are pedaling. dont quote me lines he says about trying to uplift people.

As a HUGE Jeezy fan...I see you lack context in your argument. It's like grabbing two authors who write about the same topic and then calling them the same. Most people wouldn't even take you seriously with that opinion
 08-09-2011, 02:35 AM         #73
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MrIndieArtist said:
life is actually a pretty serious thing
I'm guessing you're not a Clipse fan, right?
 6 years ago '10        #74
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 MrIndieArtist said:
wow ur an idiot.
Argument closed then

Jay Z has never had the image of a thug or gangster. He's rapped on topics somewhat related to such...but his overall persona and energy of his music has never been one of what you're speaking of. That's my argument...you're calling me an idiot because you simply can't accept that you're one dimensional interpretation of things doesn't apply here

You'd watch a tv that's in black and white and a.ssume that what's on tv is also black and white. That is pretty much how you're approaching this argument. You lack perspective and context
 08-09-2011, 02:38 AM         #75
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MrIndieArtist said:
you saying the im comparing the equivalent to rl stine and stephen king? something to that effect?

you trippin there both sending the message i use to serve cain now im a rapper and fu*k these n*ggas who still selling caine i can make just as much money with one rap line
I've never heard "a rapper" say fu*k those drug dealers. Where they do that at?
 6 years ago '05        #76
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
I disagree with a few points...n*gga went too ham just to make it look like a bad album.

But a good read nonetheless.
 6 years ago '10        #77
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 MrIndieArtist said:
you saying the im comparing the equivalent to rl stine and stephen king? something to that effect?

you trippin there both sending the message i use to serve cain now im a rapper and fu*k these n*ggas who still selling caine i can make just as much money with one rap line
Life isn't that complex. Every artist...from Rock & Roll to Pop to Jazz to Hip Hop make music about similar topics. But some stir different reactions than others because of its context, delivery, and the energy of the person making that music. They can't just all be the same. If I applied your logic to other music genres it wouldn't make sense at all
 08-09-2011, 02:39 AM         #78
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MrIndieArtist said:
the roots are my favorite. black thought is untouchable.

common

nas - when he didnt sell out

az

love anything dj premier

got pete rock soul survivor 2 on now

like outkast

ol school goodie mob

etc
You're okay with calling Nas a sellout...but not Common.
 6 years ago '10        #79
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
 MrIndieArtist said:
the roots are my favorite. black thought is untouchable.

common

nas - when he didnt sell out

az

love anything dj premier

got pete rock soul survivor 2 on now

like outkast

ol school goodie mob

etc
Really? Wow...I love all those things too but none of those artists have put out any recent music.

Do you listen to any recent music or it is just older stuff? I mean, if your catalog is all older stuff then it makes sense that you wouldn't really like WTT, which is fair.
 08-09-2011, 02:42 AM         #80
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MrIndieArtist said:
i use to like them. as rappers they put words together as good as anyone. but the whole coke rap is stupid. ive moved kilos. its not exciting or worth bragging or speaking about it should be viewed as a shame.
I'd normally label this as ducktales, but your negative feelings toward selling dope in this thread proves to me that you probably did at some point.

So I guess I see why you're not crazy about Jay. But I would think as someone who got out of the drug game, you'd understand why Jay wants to distance himself from that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
69 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
195 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
79 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
22 comments
20 hours ago