Suge Knight said:
Blasphemy is irreverence toward holy personages, religious artifacts, customs, and beliefs.
Christian theology condemns blasphemy. It is spoken of in the Mark 3:29, where blaspheming the Holy Spirit is spoken of as unforgivable - the eternal sin.
I don't consider myself the perfect person but I'm not gonna sit here and let people hype up this blasphemous album without speaking on it
First off, I'm not against Jay-Z & Kanye speaking their mind b/c we live in a free country. Freedom of speech & religion. So whatever they feel like saying they have a right to say.
I have a problem with this being the most high profile release of the year for, arguably, two of the most influencial artist in Hip Hop. Millions of young kids and hip hop fans are supposed to think it's "cool" to not be religious and diss Christianity.
Without getting too preachy let me say - From a Christian viewpoint - that Satan wants to move mankind away from God and he was also the "angel of music" before he was cast down from heaven
lets get to it.
1. No church in the wild
Human being to the mob
What's a mob to a king? What's a king to a God?
What's a God to a non-believer who don't believe in anything?
Make it out alive, alright, alright, no church in the wild
- basicly a statement saying they ARE gods. A 5% belief I'm not getting into here...
Blood stains the Colosseum doors
Lies on the lips of priests
Thanksgiving disguised as a feast
- in ancient rome Christians were persecuted and fed to the lions. Christians ran out the indians when they took over america. Hes making a joke, comparing americans eating at thankgiving to lions feasting on Christians in the collissium
I’m wondering if a thug’s prayers reach
Is Pious pious cause God loves pious?
-Pious = Making a hypocritical display of virtue. Jay saying God cant help you
I’m out here balling, I know yall hear my sneaks
Jesus was a carpenter, Yeezy laid beats
Hova flow the Holy Ghost, get the hell up out your seats, preach
- Right here he admits it "hear my SNEAKS" as in "sneak dissin". Subliminal raps that Jay is known for
We formed a new religion
No sins as long as there’s permission
And deception is the only felony
So never fu*k nobody without telling me
- Kanye proclaiming him & Jay as gods. "never f_ck nobody without tellin me" means dont worship other idols. This line right here is very blasphemous
10. murder to Excellence
In sheepskin coats, I silence the lamb
Do you know who I am Clarice?
No cheap cologne whenever I “shh-shh”
Success never smelled so sweet, I stink of success
The new black elite They say my black card bear the mark of the beast
I repeat, My religion is the beat
My verse is like church, My Jesus piece Now please
I bolded the blasphemy
1. Jesus Christ is also called the lamb of God in the bible
2. praising his wealth (black card), mark of beast is 666 aka satans #
3. Jesus piece (peace!) double entoundre, basicly telling the listener to take his word (verse) over Jesus's
Sunday morning, Praise the Lord
You the girl that Jesus had been saving me for
So let’s savor this moment, And take it to the floor
1. savor (savior), take it too the floor = hell
12. Why I love You
That the throne was burning
Rome was burning
And I’m sitting in the corner all alone burning
1. Revelation 4:5 "And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne"
2. The Great Fire of Rome began on July 19, AD 64. Nero was Emperor during this fire. Christian tradition and historical sources hold Nero as the first major state sponsor of Christian persecution, and as the k!ller of Apostles Peter and Paul. Some 2nd- and 3rd-century theologians, among others, recorded their belief that Nero would return from death or exile, usually as "the Anti-Christ."
Same people that I fought for
That I f!ght for, that I ride for
That I live for, that I die for
Be the reason that these n*ggas is alive for and they want me dead
But I’m so sorry but I just can’t die for you
1. Comparing his life to Jesus being persecuted but also saying I wont give up my life for you like he did. Basicly saying Jesus died for nothing in so many words
I’ll be fly when Easter’s over
I tried to teach n*ggas how to be kings
And all they ever wanted to be was soldiers
1. Again, Him mocking Jesus (Easter - ressurection of Christ)
2. "become a king" vs "serving God", this is how Satan tempted Adam & Eve to betray God in the bible
8. Welcome to the jungle
Black Axl Rose, move halfs and wholes
Come down to the jungle, just ask for Hov
1. Axl Rose was raised in a very religious household. Rose later described his upbringing as oppressive, stating, "We'd have televisions one week, then my stepdad would throw them out because they were satanic. I wasn't allowed to listen to music. Women were evil. Everything was evil."
2. Jay refering to himself as Jehova, likening himself to being God
Sometimes I look to the sky, ask why I was born
My faith in God, every day is hard
Every night is worse, that’s why I pray so hard
Why I pray so hard, this is crazy God
Just when I thought I had everything, I lost it all
So que sera, get a case of Syrah
1. At one point they were religious praying for things to get better but soon lost faith, calling God "crazy"
2. So que sera is most important line. it means “What will be, will be”. Some people who believe in predestination and election also believe "What will be will be". There is a vast difference in predestination and "What will be will be". Predestination is what God does, so arranging the affairs of man to fulfill His eternal purposes. "What will be will be" a.ssumes that God has predestined every event. God didn't predestinate Satan to sin, but allowed him to sin. So it is with us.
Basicly the song is saying "I had a rough life living in the "jungle", I tried praying for things to be better but God never answered me. So f*ck it I'm gonna get drunk & high and live life how I want b/c I'm going to die anyway (2nd verse has more of this)
P.S. Did you hear Swizz Beats constantly yelling "goddamit" in the background?
- That is a sin (taking God's name in vain). They are doing it on purpose. Because God didnt answer their prayers in the song they forsake his name in anger
I'll stop right here but I encourage you to pay attention to how many times they take Jesus name in vain, mock God, proclaim themselves as "gods" in the flesh. It's literaly sprinkled all through the album.
Kanye & Jay-z are not Christian. They never claimed to be and have pulling stunts like thhis for years. But this album is the biggest in your face disrespect to date. Jay is on record in interviews saying he never read the bible. Add the rumors of illuminati to the mix and no one should be surprised.
In my opinion. Kanye West is a homos3xual & Jay-z is angry at God because he is so ugly. Both have come together to make a blasphemous album.
So, if you are believe in Jesus Christ - think twice before you give any praise to this album or the two cowards who made it.
Much the like the bible anyone can take words and interpret them to mean what they want.........and in all..... this is bullsh*t......and you wasted a whole day on this bullsh*t theory.