Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne (2011)

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

rate
5/5 Classic 293 30.24%
4/5 Great 379 39.11%
3/5 Decent 212 21.88%
2/5 Bad 37 3.82%
1/5 Garbage 48 4.95%
Voters: 969. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #81
sixmillion007 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 177 177
The album is very average and I'm not impressed at all! 2.5 out of 5
 6 years ago '10        #82
phillyfirst215 
space
space
$267 | Props total: 6 6
musically it feels like a kanye album. not a bad thing to me, but it coulda felt a lil more traditional. but to everyone saying HOV is being outrapped on here I gotta disagree. He sound top form to me and Im sure after a week or two a lot more of what im hearing will really start to sink in.
 6 years ago '05        #83
igotjshoe 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,661 | Props total: 36 36
5/5

I think it's too early to call it a "Classic" musically, but the anticipation, the obsession and the mystique surrounding the entire project has made it a Classic before anyone downloaded the first byte of the album. Normally when an album comes out, people get days, weeks, sometimes even months before they get a chance to register a rating.

Sometimes when you first hear a record it doesn't hit you, but when you pick it up a couple days later, or you watch the video or something strikes you to give it a second chance and BOOM it hits you. WTT doesn't get that luxury. People have been holding back the hate for weeks, and others feel they want others to perceive them as discerning or hard to please so they'll label it "mediocre" or "underwhelming".

To them I say, you're robbing yourself.

As a fan of music, I love this entire record. I had Cassius' "The Rockers EP" before they announced that "Love You So" would get sampled on WTT. Mr. Hudson adds a harsher, yet more appropriate edge to the hook and makes "Why I Love You So" one of the standout tracks on WTT. I think much like MBDTF, you have to appreciate the entire picture of the record instead of picking it apart or dissecting the rhymes vs. beat vs. your taste vs. your reputation...just LISTEN.

9th Wonder's got some fu*kin' nerve trolling on Twitter saying WTT is "alright" when he couldn't craft a beat with the depth of "Made In America" to save his life. 9th's attitude is typical of hip hop fans who hold their opinion in high regard, but let that high regard keep them from stepping off their pedestal and just become a fan. Sit back and just listen to the music.

I feel collectively, WTT is a cross roads between Kanye's production and artistic influence from MBDTF and Jay's lyrical motivation to show he still has a few rounds left in him after critics had him on the ropes after BP3. Kanye's competitive nature kicks in and he does his best to match Jay on every track. There's a bit of old school pass the mic style rhymes and there's a lot of grown man introspection from both Jay and 'Ye.

I don't see the hype from "Lift Off". I think it could become a huge hit, but I definitely think it lacked the punch it could've had. if a hook from Beyonce is your album's low note, how CAN you not love it?

Overall, I think this album will get graded on an unfair curve because it's Jay and 'Ye, but at the end of the day, nobody else has released an album on this level this year. There have been good albums, there have been great albums and there is this album. Hate if you want, but name one artist who had the world up at 12ET waiting to buy an album? :applause:
 6 years ago '11        #84
lefthookright 63 heat pts63
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 2554 2554
sh*t is average. jay had mybe 1 or 2 hot verses. kanye went in on that paris track. this album is overated. nigggas going od over thos average shi.
 6 years ago '10        #85
jbn2233 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$965 | Props total: 176 176
Average cd funny how it hasn't been out a day and this whole board is filled with groupies calling it classic gtfo
 6 years ago '05        #86
igotjshoe 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,661 | Props total: 36 36
This album is a 5/5, 5 mics, 5 stars or whatever they rate these things in those mags. The last time 2 artist of this stature got together on one album was when? The production is ridiculous. The lyrical content on beyond on point. Did anybody listen to Illest Motherfu*ker Alive? If the worst song on the whole album is HAM how can you really complain(by some people's rating)? I think most of these cats on here complaining don't really listen to the lyrics these dudes spit maybe too complicated for them to understand unless it's on some Gucci Mane or Flocka type sh*t and this ain't on no I'm a Stan type sh*t either, this is on some real music type sh*t man. The Hate that is being dropped on this album is crazy, which is probably why Ye said "When Watch The Throne drop n*ggas gonna k!ll they selves
 6 years ago '05        #87
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
I really hate saying an album is a classic as soon as it comes out, but, I've listened to this sh*t 3 times in a row all the way through without wanting to skip a track. I really don't know what else to say about it, other than "Watch the Throne drops, n*ggas k!ll theyselves"
 6 years ago '06        #88
prosp3ct 
space
space
space
$104 | Props total: 0 0
the production is CRAZYYY... but i expected more from the album 3.5 out of 5 at best
 6 years ago '04        #89
TBX 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,937 | Props total: 615 615
Musically it's great, lot's of attention paid to the little details. Lyrically, not so much but still above avg.

Overhyped though, too much blah blah about it beforehand, behind the scenes sh*t, etc. Even a couple BX members destroyed over it which was great!!

3.5, maybe 4 just because it's nicely polished.
 6 years ago '07        #90
Gwange 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,170 | Props total: 294 294
I give it a 3.5/5.

Some of you appear to be blinded by the "star power" and the experience surrounding the album, i.e. the hype, having to wait until midnight without a leak, nostalgia, etc.

The album itself really isn't anything remarkable.
 6 years ago '10        #91
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
 Dangerously said:
5/5

I think it's too early to call it a "Classic" musically, but the anticipation, the obsession and the mystique surrounding the entire project has made it a Classic before anyone downloaded the first byte of the album. Normally when an album comes out, people get days, weeks, sometimes even months before they get a chance to register a rating.

Sometimes when you first hear a record it doesn't hit you, but when you pick it up a couple days later, or you watch the video or something strikes you to give it a second chance and BOOM it hits you. WTT doesn't get that luxury. People have been holding back the hate for weeks, and others feel they want others to perceive them as discerning or hard to please so they'll label it "mediocre" or "underwhelming".

To them I say, you're robbing yourself.

As a fan of music, I love this entire record. I had Cassius' "The Rockers EP" before they announced that "Love You So" would get sampled on WTT. Mr. Hudson adds a harsher, yet more appropriate edge to the hook and makes "Why I Love You So" one of the standout tracks on WTT. I think much like MBDTF, you have to appreciate the entire picture of the record instead of picking it apart or dissecting the rhymes vs. beat vs. your taste vs. your reputation...just LISTEN.

9th Wonder's got some fu*kin' nerve trolling on Twitter saying WTT is "alright" when he couldn't craft a beat with the depth of "Made In America" to save his life. 9th's attitude is typical of hip hop fans who hold their opinion in high regard, but let that high regard keep them from stepping off their pedestal and just become a fan. Sit back and just listen to the music.

I feel collectively, WTT is a cross roads between Kanye's production and artistic influence from MBDTF and Jay's lyrical motivation to show he still has a few rounds left in him after critics had him on the ropes after BP3. Kanye's competitive nature kicks in and he does his best to match Jay on every track. There's a bit of old school pass the mic style rhymes and there's a lot of grown man introspection from both Jay and 'Ye.

I don't see the hype from "Lift Off". I think it could become a huge hit, but I definitely think it lacked the punch it could've had. if a hook from Beyonce is your album's low note, how CAN you not love it?

Overall, I think this album will get graded on an unfair curve because it's Jay and 'Ye, but at the end of the day, nobody else has released an album on this level this year. There have been good albums, there have been great albums and there is this album. Hate if you want, but name one artist who had the world up at 12ET waiting to buy an album?
 6 years ago '05        #92
Ushouldpayme 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,948 | Props total: 575 575
I'm only disappointed in Who Gone Stop Me because of the end. You can't bump that in the ride because of the break down. Weird. Other than that Why I Love You is what's on repeat for now.
 6 years ago '05        #93
hanis 
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 1 1
IMO, the album is very good, its just not what i thought it was gonna be, and its not a classic, but very good none the less. I was expecting something more for the rappers rapper, a la bad meets evil, just with better beats and overal better raps because royce shouldn't belong in any conversation involving em, kanye, and jay. That said after digesting it and giving it 3 or 4 listens, theres a couple of tracks i'll never listen to again under and circumstance, which denies it classic status in my eyes. It's a really strong album, breathed life into the game before the 4th quarter rush begins, and saved kanye's touring career, its a win for us (fans) and for the industry, good job all around
 6 years ago '04        #94
money36 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,691 | Props total: 128 128
This would of sounded better condensed. I say 10 to 11 tracks.
 6 years ago '06        #95
prosp3ct 
space
space
space
$104 | Props total: 0 0
 Gwange said:
I give it a 3.5/5.

Some of you appear to be blinded by the "star power" and the experience surrounding the album, i.e. the hype, having to wait until midnight without a leak, nostalgia, etc.

THANK YOU.... exact rating i gave it ...
 6 years ago '09        #96
asid12345678 23 heat pts23
space
space
$971 | Props total: 0 0
4/5

Can't find any BAD songs tbh
 6 years ago '09        #97
asid12345678 23 heat pts23
space
space
$971 | Props total: 0 0
 money36 said:
This would of sounded better condensed. I say 10 to 11 tracks.
umm , hate for no reason?

The album has 12 songs bruh
 6 years ago '05        #98
hanis 
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 1 1
 Gwange said:
I give it a 3.5/5.

the experience surrounding it is not the same as "the hype" and absolutely does and should have something do with liking it or disliking. they made this a fu*kin event, not just another album dropping, and as a fan of rap, if you can't get into how good their raps, flows, and organization of songs is, than you're not a fan of good rap music. when i listen to important songs/albums to me from 10 or 15 years ago, i can remember exactly where i was when i heard it, what was involved with hearing it, and how it made me feel when i did hear it, and the same will go for this album. i don't like every song, but i appreciate what they did, and i enjoy listening to the album
 6 years ago '04        #99
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,320 | Props total: 3923 3923
My favorite sh*t since BP3. Yeezy's best sh*t in a minute! HOV brought the best out of him here.

Total classic! Love it!
 6 years ago '05        #100
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,108 | Props total: 4238 4238
jay sh*tted all over the Roc on that "why i love you"
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
33 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy