Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne (2011)

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
90 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

rate
5/5 Classic 293 30.24%
4/5 Great 379 39.11%
3/5 Decent 212 21.88%
2/5 Bad 37 3.82%
1/5 Garbage 48 4.95%
Voters: 969. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #61
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
3/5. its decent.......
 6 years ago '05        #62
thaghost36 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,256 | Props total: 341 341
 whoaitsme said:
Obviously, 5/5 - let's not pretend to hate when this k!lls the competition. "murder to Excellence" is my probably my favorite track. "No Church" feels like something from a Muhammad Ali documentary, "Made in America" has an incredible sample and wonderful wordplay between the two. The album is at its best when Jay and Kanye trade bars, something that's been lost in hip-hop for some reason. You can appreciate the time they spent making this album.

I'm happy this didn't leak; it's a completely different experience to hear the album front-to-back fresh, unlike MBDTF.

5/5!!
 6 years ago '08        #63
dubs07 
space
space
$734 | Props total: 0 0
 bsylb2003 said:
It feels like its Kayne's album ft Jay z. Most the beats don't sound ne thing like what you would hear from a solo Jay-z cd. This cd has a few crappy songs. A bunch of good songs, and some great songs.
a solid 4/5
ur right....cuz kanye never made beats or tracks for jayz....... urself
 6 years ago '05        #64
thaghost36 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,256 | Props total: 341 341
This is the album i been expecting since The Blueprint !! This is an absolute CLASSIC !!
 6 years ago '07        #65
Bighempin of QM 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,822 | Props total: 1682 1682
So as I read yall tell me this is a classic album?
 08-08-2011, 07:02 AM         #66
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Michael 1987 said:
1/5
Gaga > All you hoes, I get it.
 6 years ago '04        #67
SeanP 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,335 | Props total: 304 304
a whole lotta Roc zombies in here! It sure as hell did not live up to the hype..The production was on point but the album overall is ehhhhh..so so..No standouts...
 08-08-2011, 07:21 AM         #68
R3KT915 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas in Paris then no church in the wild....fire!!!
 6 years ago '05        #69
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818

This album is a 3.

Too much singing. "Ya'll T-Painin too much".

When they did rap it was good. Jay k!lled "Welcome to the Jungle" so much I could understand why Kanye just left it alone.

The production was on those tracks in the beginning. It starts to get at my level when n*ggaz in Paris comes on. I'm like ok let's get it. The Rza joint was a nice introspective joint.

Then the hook for "That's My bi*ch" drops and then I'm like...uh what the hell is this.

Overall its cool. But MBDTF is just more cohesive and arranged better with more rappin in the beginning, so when any singing crap happens I aint mad cause the track just before was straight piff.
With this joint not so much...
 6 years ago '04        #70
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,098 | Props total: 3923 3923
The n*gga S1 got on a Jay album.. epic.. the producers on this sh*t are mind boggling.. q-tip.. and rza again.. wow.
 08-08-2011, 07:54 AM         #71
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dangerously said:
5/5

I think it's too early to call it a "Classic" musically, but the anticipation, the obsession and the mystique surrounding the entire project has made it a Classic before anyone downloaded the first byte of the album. Normally when an album comes out, people get days, weeks, sometimes even months before they get a chance to register a rating.

Sometimes when you first hear a record it doesn't hit you, but when you pick it up a couple days later, or you watch the video or something strikes you to give it a second chance and BOOM it hits you. WTT doesn't get that luxury. People have been holding back the hate for weeks, and others feel they want others to perceive them as discerning or hard to please so they'll label it "mediocre" or "underwhelming".

To them I say, you're robbing yourself.

As a fan of music, I love this entire record. I had Cassius' "The Rockers EP" before they announced that "Love You So" would get sampled on WTT. Mr. Hudson adds a harsher, yet more appropriate edge to the hook and makes "Why I Love You So" one of the standout tracks on WTT. I think much like MBDTF, you have to appreciate the entire picture of the record instead of picking it apart or dissecting the rhymes vs. beat vs. your taste vs. your reputation...just LISTEN.

9th Wonder's got some fu*kin' nerve trolling on Twitter saying WTT is "alright" when he couldn't craft a beat with the depth of "Made In America" to save his life. 9th's attitude is typical of hip hop fans who hold their opinion in high regard, but let that high regard keep them from stepping off their pedestal and just become a fan. Sit back and just listen to the music.

I feel collectively, WTT is a cross roads between Kanye's production and artistic influence from MBDTF and Jay's lyrical motivation to show he still has a few rounds left in him after critics had him on the ropes after BP3. Kanye's competitive nature kicks in and he does his best to match Jay on every track. There's a bit of old school pass the mic style rhymes and there's a lot of grown man introspection from both Jay and 'Ye.

I don't see the hype from "Lift Off". I think it could become a huge hit, but I definitely think it lacked the punch it could've had. if a hook from Beyonce is your album's low note, how CAN you not love it?

Overall, I think this album will get graded on an unfair curve because it's Jay and 'Ye, but at the end of the day, nobody else has released an album on this level this year. There have been good albums, there have been great albums and there is this album. Hate if you want, but name one artist who had the world up at 12ET waiting to buy an album?
Now that boxden, is how your write a fu*king review. I smell an English or Journalism major.
 6 years ago '08        #72
halftime 
space
space
$6,097 | Props total: 9245 9245
4.5 out of 5 I was listening to the whole album until at least 3 A.M last night. I enjoyed every minute of it.
 6 years ago '08        #73
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 120 120
classic? you cant be serious. sh*t is so average.
 6 years ago '09        #74
akverse47 443 heat pts443
space
space
$5,573 | Props total: 4979 4979
a solid 4/5. This album caught me off guard even though I like Kanye and Jay-Z. I wasn't expecting it to be this good
 6 years ago '05        #75
bigvandal 
space
space
$544 | Props total: 1 1
WOW best album in a looooong time
 6 years ago '10        #76
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
$17,321 | Props total: 547 547
Some tracks sounds like typical mainstream crap and some sound dope.

3.5 out of 5

Last edited by Bass G; 08-08-2011 at 08:23 AM..
 08-08-2011, 08:10 AM         #77
Devil 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not sure... 3/5 so far..

I mean its a cool album, but nothing that special except maybe "murder To Excellence" and "n*ggas in Paris". Way too many so called "soft beats/samples". It doesnt match Jay..

Maybe it will grow on me after some more sessions..
 6 years ago '05        #78
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
Eh, it's a decent album, and nothing more, nothing less.
 6 years ago '05        #79
dagame04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,395 | Props total: 238 238
 Dangerously said:
5/5

I think it's too early to call it a "Classic" musically, but the anticipation, the obsession and the mystique surrounding the entire project has made it a Classic before anyone downloaded the first byte of the album. Normally when an album comes out, people get days, weeks, sometimes even months before they get a chance to register a rating.

Sometimes when you first hear a record it doesn't hit you, but when you pick it up a couple days later, or you watch the video or something strikes you to give it a second chance and BOOM it hits you. WTT doesn't get that luxury. People have been holding back the hate for weeks, and others feel they want others to perceive them as discerning or hard to please so they'll label it "mediocre" or "underwhelming".

To them I say, you're robbing yourself.

As a fan of music, I love this entire record. I had Cassius' "The Rockers EP" before they announced that "Love You So" would get sampled on WTT. Mr. Hudson adds a harsher, yet more appropriate edge to the hook and makes "Why I Love You So" one of the standout tracks on WTT. I think much like MBDTF, you have to appreciate the entire picture of the record instead of picking it apart or dissecting the rhymes vs. beat vs. your taste vs. your reputation...just LISTEN.

9th Wonder's got some fu*kin' nerve trolling on Twitter saying WTT is "alright" when he couldn't craft a beat with the depth of "Made In America" to save his life. 9th's attitude is typical of hip hop fans who hold their opinion in high regard, but let that high regard keep them from stepping off their pedestal and just become a fan. Sit back and just listen to the music.

I feel collectively, WTT is a cross roads between Kanye's production and artistic influence from MBDTF and Jay's lyrical motivation to show he still has a few rounds left in him after critics had him on the ropes after BP3. Kanye's competitive nature kicks in and he does his best to match Jay on every track. There's a bit of old school pass the mic style rhymes and there's a lot of grown man introspection from both Jay and 'Ye.

I don't see the hype from "Lift Off". I think it could become a huge hit, but I definitely think it lacked the punch it could've had. if a hook from Beyonce is your album's low note, how CAN you not love it?

Overall, I think this album will get graded on an unfair curve because it's Jay and 'Ye, but at the end of the day, nobody else has released an album on this level this year. There have been good albums, there have been great albums and there is this album. Hate if you want, but name one artist who had the world up at 12ET waiting to buy an album?

WELL GOD DAMN SAID!!!!!! Mufu*kas aint staying up to listen to C4 or Take Care
 6 years ago '10        #80
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
$17,321 | Props total: 547 547
Jay made death of Autotune yet autotune gets used on this album.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
83 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
70 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy