Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne (2011)

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
119 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
122 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
82 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

rate
5/5 Classic 293 30.24%
4/5 Great 379 39.11%
3/5 Decent 212 21.88%
2/5 Bad 37 3.82%
1/5 Garbage 48 4.95%
Voters: 969. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-19-2011, 04:31 AM         #281
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
near classic maybe soon
 6 years ago '06        #282
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,479 | Props total: 731 731
classic? gtfo the production alone is a 4, hov still on that blueprint flow and Ye doin him

WTT is a 3.5-4
 08-19-2011, 10:47 PM         #283
acfeli407 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fire album
 08-20-2011, 10:17 AM         #284
PhoNominal1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1. No Church In The Wild - The opening song sets off the album's theme pretty well. This is my first time hearing Frank Ocean and I'm not amazed by him but he still compliments the vibe though. Beat is sick though. 4/5

2. Lift Off - Not only does this sound like a Beyonce leftover, it doesn't fit. How is the hook going to be longer than the verses? I probably would've enjoyed the song if it had the closing beat for most of the track. Obviously, this is a 'We need one for Top 40' track. 2/5

3. n*ggas In Paris - This track is catchy as fu*k. They both definetly were out of their element here but they made it their own. I love the switch-up at the end. This sh*t cray. 4.5/5

4. Otis - One, this is not 'featuring' Otis Redding, WTF is wrong with them? haha Nevertheless, they went in on this track. It's nice hearing some vintage Kanye sampling here. 5/5

5. Gotta Have It - So this is the result of Neptunes and Ye collab production? I like it. This is probably what would Neptunes tracks would sound like if they didn't use live instruments. This is an above average track but nothing to praise too much. 3.5/5

6. New Day - Best track on the album for me. Sounds like something Ye didn't want on Dark Fantasy and saved for this album. Wished they had more tracks like this on the album. RZA did a great fu*kin job here. 5/5

7. That's My bi*ch - Liked the track when it leaked and like it even more, now that it's finished. Love the vibe the track has. Hook is dope. 4/5

8. Welcome To The Jungle - Swizz needs to stick to adlibs and not provide hooks. The beat is dope. I would of preferred some scratching for the hook. 3.5/5

9. Who Gon Stop Me - This track is a problem. They both need to experiment like this more often. I hope this becomes a single in the future. The track just goes harder as it progresses. 5/5

10. murder To Excellence - Sounds like another Dark Fantasy track but saved for this album. My third favorite on this album. This is just great hip-hop here. 5/5

11. Made In America - Definetly should've been a leftover. Yet again, why Frank Ocean? He's mediocre at best. Sounds more like John Legend should've been on this track. Song blows 1/5

12. Why I Love You - This is my second favorite track on the album. This is a great track for Jay to go off on. He speaks to Ye like a true mentor. Great way to close the album officially. Mr. Hudson did great also. 5/5

13. Illest Motherfu*ker Alive - So, this sounds like it should've followed Welcome To The Jungle obviously and if you ask me, it should've. Why is this a bonus track? Made In America should've been a bonus cut. Beat is so dope. 5/5

14. H.A.M. - Still love this track but I didn't at first. It didn't sit well with me at first but as soon as it did, whoa! It just bleeds Epic. Should've kept this from the public and opened the album with it. 4/5

15. Primetime - No I.D. never really disappoints, does he? Another bonus cut that's great. 4/5

16. The Joy - Loved it when it dropped and still love it. Not much to say that Curtis Mayfield isn't a feature and that Pete Rock is amazing. 5/5
^^^:applause:
 6 years ago '04        #285
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,044 | Props total: 4839 4839
 Maroon_Tiger said:
...... how in the fu*k can you hate on "Made In America"... unless you're jealous of their success
Like they weren't talking about their success almost every song before it.
 6 years ago '07        #286
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
i like how kanye and rza adopted and mimmicked each other's style of production on this cd. otis song produced by kanye sounded like something the rza would make, while the rza produced track sounds like a kanye beat. i wanna see kanye and the rza make more beats together.

Last edited by MiseryCityTexas; 08-20-2011 at 09:20 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #287
DrDeath 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,340 | Props total: 3137 3137
Dat sh*t cray
 6 years ago '05        #288
damien1928 32 heat pts32
space
space
$4,311 | Props total: 2728 2728
sh*ts still amazing.....
 6 years ago '10        #289
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
$1,332 | Props total: 35 35
 knowlege bass said:
Ok I finally got to spin this 5-6 times through aided with some kush......there has been so much said and still to be said about this album that I am not gonna bother doing a full break down and try to keep this real short....which will still be too long for some lol
Just for context I am a fan of both artists, but I am not a blind follower of them either. I thought BP3 was very mediocre but thought that MBDTF was a great album. I think overall this album is basically a mix of the better portions of those 2 albums. I find WTT a little less overproduced than Kanye's last joint. And song wise its much better than BP3. It is exactly what I expected to hear from these 2. Is it what I wanted? No, these dudes were on cruise control for this lyrically although Jay is not as bad as some people are saying. He has some real slick sh*t that people are just missing.

Overall entertaining album that will play well in the whip. As good as this album is, I think based on the caliber of these 2, it could have been better, especially lyrically. But I get exactly what they are doing and for those that dont "get" the theme and concept of this album I can understand them really hating it. So yeah I like this album, but I will say in comparison to some other albums this year, it doesn't blow away the competition. I've been listening to Royce's album in between listens of WTT and I've got to say Royce also surprised and came through with an album that is in IMO on par with WTT.
I still think "Greatest Story..." from Saigon still hangs even with its material being recorded years ago.
And for me it shows me how good "Section 80" is, because I still think its better than WTT
Best review on the internet.
 6 years ago '06        #290
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
I get tired of that weird music at the end of some of the tracks.
Also I had to delete like 4 tracks.
Beats on those too weird.

4/5 for those reasons.

It's been awhile since I listened to an album top to bottom like this.
It's hot
 09-02-2011, 07:40 PM         #291
Giuseppe554 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They should've named it "Watch Us Brag" because thats all they do minus the murder to excellence and new day tracks...
 09-03-2011, 07:36 AM         #292
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Giuseppe554 said:
They should've named it "Watch Us Brag" because thats all they do minus the murder to excellence and new day tracks...
No Church in the night is braggadocio?
Welcome to the Jungle?
Why I love you?
The Joy?

Damn and people compare this classic to Carter IV.

6 years ago '04        #293
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
2 months later i still cant put this album down, personal classic.
 6 years ago '05        #294
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,924 | Props total: 10786 10786
Terrible album and way overhyped. Game's album off 1 listen is better than this trash sh*t.
 6 years ago '06        #295
jj01 
space
space
$44,942 | Props total: 4628 4628
of the 3 tracks i kept, i havent listened to them in while.

album was trash and a slap in the face to hip hop.
 10-18-2011, 05:37 AM         #296
Stefan43 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:

5char
 6 years ago '04        #297
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
 jj01 said:

Lol my man jj, i think thats a bit harsh but to each is own fam. Album so nice i bought it twice.
 10-19-2011, 01:48 PM         #298
MRWILSON024 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One of the best albums this year period but not better than weezy's
 10-26-2011, 12:12 AM         #299
rocks176 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My favorite track on this album is "who Gon Stop Me." I just started a blog @ If you have a sec let me know what y'all think and don't be afraid to tell the truth... Ohh i forgot this is the internet so ya'all wont be afraid HA HA HA
 6 years ago '04        #300
flowmatic 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,921 | Props total: 715 715
these two k!lled this album , am still able to play it to this day . good replay value ... and they still on their first single
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy