Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne (2011)

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
73 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

rate
5/5 Classic 293 30.24%
4/5 Great 379 39.11%
3/5 Decent 212 21.88%
2/5 Bad 37 3.82%
1/5 Garbage 48 4.95%
Voters: 969. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #261
newfnshow715 
space
space
$3,199 | Props total: 0 0
2.5/5 ... what a letdown and I love Kanye and Jay. This album is pretty wack for a Kanye or Jay album.. sad really. I'm sure the stans will justify as they always do by saying you don't get it or it's abstract or something like that. Bottom line in, very little meaning in the lyrics. Little replay value and the worst album Kanye dropped since College Dropout.

Last edited by newfnshow715; 08-14-2011 at 06:39 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #262
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,221 | Props total: 563 563
Ok I finally got to spin this 5-6 times through aided with some kush......there has been so much said and still to be said about this album that I am not gonna bother doing a full break down and try to keep this real short....which will still be too long for some lol
Just for context I am a fan of both artists, but I am not a blind follower of them either. I thought BP3 was very mediocre but thought that MBDTF was a great album. I think overall this album is basically a mix of the better portions of those 2 albums. I find WTT a little less overproduced than Kanye's last joint. And song wise its much better than BP3. It is exactly what I expected to hear from these 2. Is it what I wanted? No, these dudes were on cruise control for this lyrically although Jay is not as bad as some people are saying. He has some real slick sh*t that people are just missing.

Overall entertaining album that will play well in the whip. As good as this album is, I think based on the caliber of these 2, it could have been better, especially lyrically. But I get exactly what they are doing and for those that dont "get" the theme and concept of this album I can understand them really hating it. So yeah I like this album, but I will say in comparison to some other albums this year, it doesn't blow away the competition. I've been listening to Royce's album in between listens of WTT and I've got to say Royce also surprised and came through with an album that is in IMO on par with WTT.
I still think "Greatest Story..." from Saigon still hangs even with its material being recorded years ago.
And for me it shows me how good "Section 80" is, because I still think its better than WTT
 08-14-2011, 04:45 PM         #263
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KCK said:
Everyone has an opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours, but I quit taking it into consideration when you made it clear that Kanye makes trash albums. He has not made one album yet that is less than great. You also insinuated that Vol. 2 was a great album, when it was clearly three or four great singles surrounded by a ton of filler.
I didn't say Kanye made trash albums, I said his lyrics were trash along with his subject matter. He has no depth and a retarded 8 year old could come up with the idiotic lines he spits. Album wise though I'll admit his debut was a classic but everything since then has been decent to mediocre and excessively overrated. And I meant Vol. 2 was considered one of Jays better albums, along with those others; personally I'm not a huge Jay fan and I think Vol. 1 was his best record but I'm in the minority in that. My whole point was this is weaker than any album he has ever put out. Weaker even than Best Of Both Worlds yet people on here still give it 5 mics. Like I said in the Royce thread. If every album that comes out is given a 4 or 5 mic rating here then what the fu*k is the point of even having reviews? This album was nothing but a cash grab. Neither guy delivered up to their skill level. They coasted on their names and delivered an album of nothing but filler tracks. This is the weakest album either of them have released. I swear if the album was 60 mins of static boxden would still give it a classic rating. It is like you people can't listen to anything objectively. You decided it was a classic before you even heard a track.
 6 years ago '04        #264
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,048 | Props total: 4840 4840
1. No Church In The Wild - The opening song sets off the album's theme pretty well. This is my first time hearing Frank Ocean and I'm not amazed by him but he still compliments the vibe though. Beat is sick though. 4/5

2. Lift Off - Not only does this sound like a Beyonce leftover, it doesn't fit. How is the hook going to be longer than the verses? I probably would've enjoyed the song if it had the closing beat for most of the track. Obviously, this is a 'We need one for Top 40' track. 2/5

3. n*ggas In Paris - This track is catchy as fu*k. They both definetly were out of their element here but they made it their own. I love the switch-up at the end. This sh*t cray. 4.5/5

4. Otis - One, this is not 'featuring' Otis Redding, WTF is wrong with them? haha Nevertheless, they went in on this track. It's nice hearing some vintage Kanye sampling here. 5/5

5. Gotta Have It - So this is the result of Neptunes and Ye collab production? I like it. This is probably what would Neptunes tracks would sound like if they didn't use live instruments. This is an above average track but nothing to praise too much. 3.5/5

6. New Day - Best track on the album for me. Sounds like something Ye didn't want on Dark Fantasy and saved for this album. Wished they had more tracks like this on the album. RZA did a great fu*kin job here. 5/5

7. That's My bi*ch - Liked the track when it leaked and like it even more, now that it's finished. Love the vibe the track has. Hook is dope. 4/5

8. Welcome To The Jungle - Swizz needs to stick to adlibs and not provide hooks. The beat is dope. I would of preferred some scratching for the hook. 3.5/5

9. Who Gon Stop Me - This track is a problem. They both need to experiment like this more often. I hope this becomes a single in the future. The track just goes harder as it progresses. 5/5

10. murder To Excellence - Sounds like another Dark Fantasy track but saved for this album. My third favorite on this album. This is just great hip-hop here. 5/5

11. Made In America - Definetly should've been a leftover. Yet again, why Frank Ocean? He's mediocre at best. Sounds more like John Legend should've been on this track. Song blows 1/5

12. Why I Love You - This is my second favorite track on the album. This is a great track for Jay to go off on. He speaks to Ye like a true mentor. Great way to close the album officially. Mr. Hudson did great also. 5/5

13. Illest Motherfu*ker Alive - So, this sounds like it should've followed Welcome To The Jungle obviously and if you ask me, it should've. Why is this a bonus track? Made In America should've been a bonus cut. Beat is so dope. 5/5

14. H.A.M. - Still love this track but I didn't at first. It didn't sit well with me at first but as soon as it did, whoa! It just bleeds Epic. Should've kept this from the public and opened the album with it. 4/5

15. Primetime - No I.D. never really disappoints, does he? Another bonus cut that's great. 4/5

16. The Joy - Loved it when it dropped and still love it. Not much to say that Curtis Mayfield isn't a feature and that Pete Rock is amazing. 5/5

I added Monster and So Appalled just for the fu*k of it. I might just cut Made In America and replace it with one of the two.
 08-15-2011, 10:09 PM         #265
indoplaya84 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i give this a 3/5 not feeling that otis track
 6 years ago '04        #266
Part2 
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 0 0
Lift Off is wack, album is straight though.
 6 years ago '04        #267
tmed834 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,436 | Props total: 74 74
 StateProperty88 said:
this sh*t is going to be playing in my system for a while. just have a good time listening to it...which is what music is about
same here. people can be way too critical at times. the lyrics are pretty damn good. I love the comments on white/black america, their personal struggles with fame, their rise to fame, and just pop culture in general. I really wanted to hear this kind of stuff from them and I am very satisfied.

Great fu*king CD
 6 years ago '04        #268
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,763 | Props total: 6171 6171
cut lift off and made in america out and its a pretty close to classic album

but after a few spins over and over I give a 3/5 could've done a lil better on the lyrics and cut some of the filler
 6 years ago '07        #269
Drk 10 heat pts10
space
space
$9,072 | Props total: 505 505
I like No church in the wild and Jayz's sick verse on murder on excellence
It’s a celebration of black excellence
Black tie, black Maybachs
Black excellence, opulence, decadence
Tuxes next to the president, I’m present
I dress in Dries and other boutique stores in Paris
In sheepskin coats, I silence the lamb
Do you know who I am Clarice?
No cheap cologne whenever I “shh-shh”
Success never smelled so sweet, I stink of success
The new black elite They say my black card bear the mark of the beast
I repeat, My religion is the beat
My verse is like church, My Jesus piece Now please, domino, domino
Only spot a few blacks the higher I go
What’s up to Will, Shoutout to O
That ain’t enough, We gon need a million more
Kick in the door, Biggie flow
I’m all dressed up with nowhere to go
everything else has no replay value to me Im not feeling it..listened to it numerous times..its like a mixtape or something
 08-16-2011, 09:07 PM         #270
calichad714rep 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dope $hit--im diggin like shovel
 6 years ago '04        #271
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
i bumped this album a few times and it just aint hitting, lyrics and beats are weak as fu*k to me, im a big kanye fan and im very dissappointed, its immediately coming off my mp3 player cause it just wasting space *delete*
 6 years ago '06        #272
jj01 
space
space
$44,975 | Props total: 4690 4690
3/5

little replay value to me. i kept 4 songs, maybe 5 with primetime.

pretty much what i expected, probably a big disappointment to most although im sure they wont admit it.
 08-16-2011, 09:55 PM         #273
Dmelik14 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its straight great production though kanye straight k!lled it. Jay lyrically is straight I guess the old Jay will always be better then the new jay.....still a fire album love to hear good music
 08-16-2011, 10:49 PM         #274
BiguhStackS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this album is beast
 6 years ago '04        #275
JJH35 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,840 | Props total: 891 891
Gran-paw and Ray-Cist - bleh
 08-18-2011, 05:39 AM         #276
graydome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
very good album... probably the best Jigga joint since the Black Album... and Kanye continues his ressurection. 4/5
 6 years ago '05        #277
bigbadblu1914 
space
space
$671 | Props total: 0 0
i liked the album, play the sh*t outta it..

But i think dark fantasy, blueprint 3, were better. A lot of this songs were coo but not epic. and some songz were just sh*t...Lights off, made it in america, and damnit swiz beats!!!
 6 years ago '04        #278
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,254 | Props total: 717 717
Sorry guys but i keep trying to listen to this daily and i cant. This is not what i expected from two of the best in the game. Its seems like they are watching the throne and are not in it. 3/5 all day. I can dig 4 tracks and the rest is just straight HIP POP. Its obvious they want to appeal to the masses and not their core audience. This is not car material and will disappear within a months time. I am a hip hop lover and this is not it. They will do their numbers anyway, and the fans will just call us haters, but if an album is a so called classic, the opinions of everyone would not be so divided.....this is Hip Pop. The new day and age of our culture. wow
 6 years ago '04        #279
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,254 | Props total: 717 717
 Daddy Black said:
Are u serious, u seriously comparing this album to the wackness that was Blueprint 3?! I can understand MBDTF cause it has that same level of creativity production wise if not better. u need to dig the wax outta ya ears son and listen again.

And all you n*ggas thats saying this cd overall is wack, guess what, put down the headphones and stop listening to hip hop. just stop, because everything else that comes out rite now is going to be wack to you and you always going to compare it to some other sh*t. You wanna hear shoot em up bang bang, i move bricks etc etc. then rewind yo a.ss back to the 90's and get the fu*k off this thread.
whateva youngin. This is Pop music fam. If you live by the radio music then thats your choice. The fact that they even try to force them selves to use southern flows let you know they just trying to get bread. I expected these older cats to put out music that reflects them, not music that is forced, lazy, and over produced. I respect everyones opinion but when you mention this album and hip hop in the same vein you are just makin a mistake. The dyckrydin on the bx is out of control. Maybe its just the skinny jean era that got yall buggin. I dont know..........yall wanna hear some good music download the new Gods'illa mixtape. ..In the words of Jaz O " it aint a sport its a game truly, cuz the champs and the chumps wear the same jewelry, amen"
 08-19-2011, 12:52 AM         #280
Erykah97 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
best album
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
115 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
124 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
111 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy