Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne (2011)

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
59 comments
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

rate
5/5 Classic 293 30.24%
4/5 Great 379 39.11%
3/5 Decent 212 21.88%
2/5 Bad 37 3.82%
1/5 Garbage 48 4.95%
Voters: 969. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #241
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,729 | Props total: 2217 2217
 WorldsStrangest said:
Thats a lie. all this sh*t is remixes of the comercial sh*t they been doin since Blueprint 3
Are u serious, u seriously comparing this album to the wackness that was Blueprint 3?! I can understand MBDTF cause it has that same level of creativity production wise if not better. u need to dig the wax outta ya ears son and listen again.

And all you n*ggas thats saying this cd overall is wack, guess what, put down the headphones and stop listening to hip hop. just stop, because everything else that comes out rite now is going to be wack to you and you always going to compare it to some other sh*t. You wanna hear shoot em up bang bang, i move bricks etc etc. then rewind yo a.ss back to the 90's and get the fu*k off this thread.
 6 years ago '05        #242
dagame04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,392 | Props total: 238 238
My thing is what are yall comparing this to for it to be so bad in yall point of view?

Vs. everything that came out this year nothing is better. Yall gotta stop grading music so tough. You will never have anything to listen to.

AND stop comparing it to older CD's that sh*t OLD this is 2011 sh*t not 96. Rap music is totally different now.
 08-11-2011, 10:19 PM         #243
uknowdk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Maybe a 4 ...I have heard better music from Jay-Z.. Mr.West is trying to return to his old self...Collge drop out days
 6 years ago '04        #244
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
I honestly cant stop playing it, although i replaced lift off with illest mf alive and put primetime before murder to excellence.
 6 years ago '11        #245
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
i love it so far
 6 years ago '05        #246
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8404 8404
this sh*t is going to be playing in my system for a while. just have a good time listening to it...which is what music is about
 6 years ago '05        #247
heeznutz 
space
space
$2,209 | Props total: 298 298
Decent album , I'm only keeping one track . Seems like they tryin to hard on some tracks an Ye is guilty of over producing IMO.
 6 years ago '07        #248
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
3.5/5
 6 years ago '06        #249
usf7851 
space
space
space
$26 | Props total: 0 0
Jay goes off at the end of "Who gone to Me"

Straight up, if you aint feelin this album your just a hater. Hip Hop at it's finest! i
 6 years ago '06        #250
jj01 
space
space
$44,961 | Props total: 4683 4683
3.25-3.5

4 tracks i kept

the rest was too over the top and/or corny.
 08-13-2011, 10:18 PM         #251
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't know how anyone could say this is a great album. Kanye as usual spits some of the most pathetic and lazy lyrics I've ever heard in my entire fu*kin life. This cd made the new Royce Da 5'9 album look like a 5 mic masterpiece in comparison. 2/5 this cd had maybe 4 good tracks, the rest were embarrassingly bad. I expect trash like this from Kanye but I expect better from Jay. This was an insult to his career.

To the people who gave this a 5 out of 5, do you really think this album is just as good as Reasonable Doubt, Vol. 2 and The Blueprints? Seriously? I know people on this site are retarded but even a dumb person has to realize how fu*kin stupid they sound when they give out ratings like this. This album isn't even as good as Streets Are Watching, so how the fu*k does it merit the same score as albums that are flawless classics?

Last edited by Apostrophe; 08-13-2011 at 10:26 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #252
El_Maravilloso1 
space
space
$3,346 | Props total: 408 408
4/5 dopeness :dancingcool:
 08-14-2011, 12:50 AM         #253
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 heeznutz said:
Decent album , I'm only keeping one track . Seems like they tryin to hard on some tracks an Ye is guilty of over producing IMO.
ur opinion sucks
 08-14-2011, 01:22 AM         #254
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

which is VERY good.

some of yall have construed perceptions of the ratings system.
 6 years ago '09        #255
tberry15 
space
space
$32 | Props total: 0 0
 Wavy WoNka said:
Only tracks i like on WTT is Welcome to the Jungle, murder To Excellence, Primetime, Why I Love You, The Joy, That's My bi*ch, and Otis.WTT was underwhelming...i was expecting more from Kanye on the production tip, and more Jay on the lyrical tip. Only thing that interested me is that Kanye outrapped Jay on some songs.WTT is a 6.5/10 album imo...i can't see myself appreciating the album more, but to be fair, i at least
Exactly what i was thinking...except i wasnt feeling thats my Bi*ch...
 08-14-2011, 12:47 PM         #256
poppi2985 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good album after first listen.
 08-14-2011, 12:52 PM         #257
KCK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Apostrophe said:
I expect trash like this from Kanye but I expect better from Jay. This was an insult to his career.
Everyone has an opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours, but I quit taking it into consideration when you made it clear that Kanye makes trash albums. He has not made one album yet that is less than great. You also insinuated that Vol. 2 was a great album, when it was clearly three or four great singles surrounded by a ton of filler.
 08-14-2011, 01:09 PM         #258
ReasonableMatic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The transition between 'Who Gon Stop Me' and 'murder to Excellence' is dope as fvck!!!

Black cards, black cars
Black on black, black broads
Whole lotta money in a black bag
Black strap, you know what that’s for.. *goes into MtoE* bloody murder, murder, murder, murder - Hov :jay:
 6 years ago '08        #259
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
Cant believe all these n*ggas in here d!ckriding this album. This was a 5/10 at best. They tried too hard to be different and missed everything. Jiggas wordplay is the only thing that saved some songs. And what the phuck was kayne thinkin? His lyrics were beyond trash. Production was good but did not go with the content of the songs. So much blasphemy on this album...
 6 years ago '05        #260
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,099 | Props total: 4231 4231
 Vancouver said:
I understand what it's about, but it's still in the context of "wasn't I a good king?" The whole album is in that context except for "...Jungle." Now, obviously, the sh*t is called Watch the Throne, so what did I expect? I don't know, maybe I expected too much from mid-30s, earlys-40s rappers, maybe I gave them too much credit, or maybe this album is just not varied hardly at all, and that's a pitiful statement at this point in especially Jay's career. Even on the BME album, inbetween the sh*t talking they get into some real a.ss sh*t, the Distant Relatives album gets into some real a.ss sh*t, this album, here and there does. Not surprising, Jay been doing that (except on AG, which was a great album) and Kanye been had no depth in his sh*t.

And regardless of if we agree on to what degree this album is varied thematically, it remains that this is not super fresh or original, it's fairly close to anything else in the mainstream right now, and only musically is it different (and in that regard I'd say vastly overproduced). People saying whoamg Jay and Ye are so introspective and mature on this obviously listen to ONLY radio rap.
how does that line go..... I wanna rhyme like Common Sense (But I did five Mil) I ain't been rhyming like Common since..... and we all know kanye isn't immortal technique... did you really expect WTT to be on the intellectual level as Distant Relatives ... this album was dope ,maybe too abstract (production wise) for some but not dry... 2 or 3 tracks with substance is enough for me
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
39 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
14 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
99 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
118 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
162 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
228 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
67 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
49 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy