Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne (2011)

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
151 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

rate
5/5 Classic 293 30.24%
4/5 Great 379 39.11%
3/5 Decent 212 21.88%
2/5 Bad 37 3.82%
1/5 Garbage 48 4.95%
Voters: 969. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #201
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,230 | Props total: 319 319
 egotistical said:
You dumb fu*ks... you can't compare a classic nowadays to older classics... just like you couldn't compare a classic elvis cd to a classic usher album... you have to compare it with album in that time span... I am 100 percent sure that classic 80s albums don't compare to classic 90s albums... this sh*t is classic for its time.. ur classic is probably lil b im gay right...

NO I DON'T LISTEN TO LIL B AND NO THIS sh*t AINT CLASSIC FOR THIS TIME SPAN! YOU fu*kIN IDIOT! SINCE YOU ARE PROBABLY A YOUNGIN AND A JAY-Z STAN, GO LISTEN TO AMERICAN GANGSTER AND COMPAIR TRACK FOR TRACK TO W.T.T. AFTER YOU DO THIS HOLLA AT ME SO YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT YOUR VERDICT IS! YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T EVEN PUT AMERICAN GANGSTER IN THE "CLASSIC" CATAGORY WHEN YOU 1ST HEAR IT AND IT'S A FAR BETTER ALBUM! BUT WHAT DO I KNOW???
 6 years ago '07        #202
PowerBar Ernie 108 heat pts108
space
space
$5,901 | Props total: 1244 1244
Album is dope as fu*k. Giving it a 5/5.
 6 years ago '05        #203
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,733 | Props total: 2224 2224
Just listened to the album for the 5th time. You know what, this cd is fire, u just got to listen to it for what it is. There literally is no music like this right now, its original and fresh. I think i can see myself playing this on and off over time.
 6 years ago '04        #204
Bossalinie 
space
space
$4,756 | Props total: 41 41
album is cool but i dont really fu*k with kanye like that as a rapper.. some tracks had me hitting rewind but theres a few songs ill skip on future plays
 6 years ago '09        #205
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
I'd give it a 4.5/5...and I can't believe anyone is saying that BME is better tbh...
 6 years ago '04        #206
jjbing4 
space
space
$1,390 | Props total: 0 0
Ok, I resisted the urge to rate it after just a few listens. I have been listening to it for two days now. There are a couple of stand out tracks (Lift Off, n*ggas In Paris, GOTTA HAVE IT, Illest Motherfu*ker Alive, The Joy (Shout out Pete Rock)). Anyway, I dont think this album is a classic. There is so much filler. There are some songs which are all chorus and music, but no lyrics from 'Ye or Jay. 3/5

"And y'all buy the sh*t, caught up in the hype.../
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice,
It just means you don't understand all the bullsh*t that he write"---Jay
 6 years ago '07        #207
Fashion78 
space
space
space
$98 | Props total: 0 0
 ~BLUEPRINT~ said:
The maturation process of this album is unreal and unmatched. It's how an album should be made. After the first listen it's expected to not be fully blown away unil your second and third listen when you really begin to immerse yourself in the music. Lyrically and instrumentally. Creatively speaking, since the later Outkast albums, I havent heard an album with quite as much introspect and pure genius siphoned into the process itself. Jay and Kanye knew they couldn't make an album that would please everyone, nobody can, that is why critics will always be employed. People will always have opinions as well, what better way to a.ssign our thoughts some kind of worth if we couldn't disagree at times, but in my opinion this album is lightyears beyond this generation of hip hop.
I challenge all of who claim the album sucks or is underwhelming, to expand and absorb every note, every bar and every word. These dudes created a masterpiece in it's own right, but to understand a masterpiece you have to understand why the artist chose the colors he did.

That said 5/5. Flawless effort.
Or, light years behind...

2.5/5
 6 years ago '05        #208
dagame04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,394 | Props total: 238 238
Just all depends where you are in your own life to how you perceive this album...Its different from anything else that is being put out.

They both reach into there bag and bring Classic flows in. But its hard to criticize something that is different from what your used to hearing.

As far as them being to seperate artist coming together to make an album together i think they did a swell fu*king job...

This the type of music Grammy's like to put on the map.
 6 years ago '07        #209
Fashion78 
space
space
space
$98 | Props total: 0 0
 dagame04 said:
Just all depends where you are in your own life to how you perceive this album...Its different from anything else that is being put out.
They both reach into there bag and bring Classic flows in. But its hard to criticize something that is different from what your used to hearing.

As far as them being to seperate artist coming together to make an album together i think they did a swell fu*king job...

This the type of music Grammy's like to put on the map.
Yeah, and I appreciate you mentioning this comment, as I don't know about anyone else on here, but I'm 33 now and most (not all of course) of the subject matter is materialistic and premature...a bit surprised considering the ages and supposed mature levels these artists are supposed to be at this point in their lives...

Just my opinion tho, which is what this forum is for right?
 6 years ago '04        #210
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,813 | Props total: 1477 1477
 mafiaboy said:
NOT EVERYONE LISTENS TO MAINSTREEM RAP OR CURRENT "POPULAR" RAP! A n*gga LIKE ME LISTENS TO A WIDE RANGE OF CURRENT RAP! AND I CAN NAME PLENTY OF ARTIST WHO'S POUND FOR POUND ALBUM WILL CRUSH THIS ALBUM. I'M NOT GONNA NAME EVERYONE CAUSE TO ME THAT'S A LONG LIST OF NAMES BUT FOR EXAMPLE BIG KRIT'S ALBUM WILL sh*t OF THIS PARTICULAR ALBUM THAT EVERYONE LIKE YOURSELF SEEMS TO BE SO HIGH ON. AND IT HAS JUST AS MANY CONCEPTS AND WORD PLAY THAT YOU STATE W.T.T. HAS. AND HE HAS TRACKS WITH REAL LIFE MESSAGES! CHECK IT OUT HOMIE. AND BEATS ARE BETTER. n*ggaS DONE LOST SIGHT OF WHAT QUALITY RAP IS. AND A MAJOR PART OF THAT IS BEATS/PRODUCTION VALUE WHICH I THINK W.T.T. IS LACKING. sh*t DON'T KNOCK! YEAH, OF COURSE JAY AND KANYE CAN RAP BUT THE PRODUCT AS A WHOLE IS SIGNIFICANTLY LACKIN! I THINK THEY WERE TRYIN TO HARD TO BE DIFFERENT AND OUT THE BOX ON W.T.T. WHOEVER SAYS OTHER WISE IS JUST A JAY/KANYE STAN! sh*t AINT A CLASSIC JUST BECAUSE OF THE HYPE AND CAUSE IT'S JAY AND KANYE!
n*gga you are one lost soul... first you comparing an album that hasn't even dropped to W.T.T. Second, n*gga you crazy, you are just in the box like the other critics... just because line for line ain't about the struggle... doesn't make it a sh*tty cd... once again I told you u can't compare it a previous album, everything is different the age of rap is way different then it was... he can't be the same jay-z like reasonable doubt, american gangster and what not... people need to STOP judging this album on the surface.. and like I said name something that is better LATELY in the past few months... not no sh*t that was 2 and 4 years ago...
 6 years ago '04        #211
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,190 | Props total: 3339 3339
Phenomenal album!
 6 years ago '04        #212
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,190 | Props total: 3339 3339
 igotjshoe said:
5/5

I think it's too early to call it a "Classic" musically, but the anticipation, the obsession and the mystique surrounding the entire project has made it a Classic before anyone downloaded the first byte of the album. Normally when an album comes out, people get days, weeks, sometimes even months before they get a chance to register a rating.

Sometimes when you first hear a record it doesn't hit you, but when you pick it up a couple days later, or you watch the video or something strikes you to give it a second chance and BOOM it hits you. WTT doesn't get that luxury. People have been holding back the hate for weeks, and others feel they want others to perceive them as discerning or hard to please so they'll label it "mediocre" or "underwhelming".

To them I say, you're robbing yourself.

As a fan of music, I love this entire record. I had Cassius' "The Rockers EP" before they announced that "Love You So" would get sampled on WTT. Mr. Hudson adds a harsher, yet more appropriate edge to the hook and makes "Why I Love You So" one of the standout tracks on WTT. I think much like MBDTF, you have to appreciate the entire picture of the record instead of picking it apart or dissecting the rhymes vs. beat vs. your taste vs. your reputation...just LISTEN.

9th Wonder's got some fu*kin' nerve trolling on Twitter saying WTT is "alright" when he couldn't craft a beat with the depth of "Made In America" to save his life. 9th's attitude is typical of hip hop fans who hold their opinion in high regard, but let that high regard keep them from stepping off their pedestal and just become a fan. Sit back and just listen to the music.

I feel collectively, WTT is a cross roads between Kanye's production and artistic influence from MBDTF and Jay's lyrical motivation to show he still has a few rounds left in him after critics had him on the ropes after BP3. Kanye's competitive nature kicks in and he does his best to match Jay on every track. There's a bit of old school pass the mic style rhymes and there's a lot of grown man introspection from both Jay and 'Ye.

I don't see the hype from "Lift Off". I think it could become a huge hit, but I definitely think it lacked the punch it could've had. if a hook from Beyonce is your album's low note, how CAN you not love it?

Overall, I think this album will get graded on an unfair curve because it's Jay and 'Ye, but at the end of the day, nobody else has released an album on this level this year. There have been good albums, there have been great albums and there is this album. Hate if you want, but name one artist who had the world up at 12ET waiting to buy an album? :applause:

There it is...

Though I thought that sample chopping they did to Beyonce's voice at the end of "Lift Off" made that song dope.
 6 years ago '08        #213
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,846 | Props total: 12556 12556
4.5/5

Album is fu*kin nuts...

only track that aint worth a sh*t is lift off and even that is coo cause it has single potential.

Jay and Ye won.
 6 years ago '09        #214
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,832 | Props total: 1146 1146
 Daddy Black said:
This album shoulda been called Kanye West-"Watch The Throne" (featuring Jay-Z) because thats exactly what it is.
you havent heard "who gonna stop me" and "welcome to the jungle" yet i suppose
 6 years ago '04        #215
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,254 | Props total: 717 717
 NefariousNate said:
i maybe the only one who likes lift off here lmao..

but yea this sh*t sounds like MBDTF to be honest, which i loved, but dont think ill listen to in the future really.

The most replay value i have from kanye is his first three albums, College Drop out, Late Reg and Graduation all have great replay value. and some tracks from 808s,

jay- obv blue print is probably has the most replay value, and some of his earlier stuff, but this doesnt even feel like a jay album, this is really kanye ft jay on everything.

so overall a great album, but this is like MBDTF part 2 ft. Jay-Z, which is good and all but i just cant get into this time of sound to bump all the time. I wanted some just records, these try to be too much artistic musically to be simple clean classic records.
3 out of 5,

i expected bangers. THIS IS HIP POP
 6 years ago '09        #216
Polygod 75 heat pts75
space
space
$3,953 | Props total: 1405 1405
Too short...:dancingcool:
 6 years ago '04        #217
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
Classic in the making, I want to replay every song I listen to its crazy

I like it a lot more than I did yesterday.

5/5
 6 years ago '06        #218
NefariousNate 
space
space
$2,292 | Props total: 20 20
It does get better the more listens in because it gives insight into Jay and Yes world, but once you learn all the info they have given you cryptically it gets boring.

Jays Story- im rich n*gga, and anyone who hates on me is dumb, everyone should be happy i made them rich. im reaching the upper echelon, be happy im doing this for blacks you bums.

Ye's Story- Everyone hates me but i fu*k models, and since i get hated by white america imma preach that black power sh*t. Imm too fly, you can hate me but i dont care. And i make great music.

lol.

Thats generally the story of WTT, theres no classic real records, records that are classic on there own to be timeless like records that capture a moment. Like touch the sky is a celebratory song its a classic. Through the Wire a song of Motivation. Blueprint you had great songs like Girls Girls Girls, a song all men can relate to in certain parts of there lives. Capturing these feelings and moments that are worldly is what makes classic albums.

WTT has some tracks that maybe almost classic but only time will tell, the album is far from classic tho. The classic tracks that stand out to me is Joy cause its so emotional, Muder to Excellence really does make you respect their hustle and the spectrum of black society, and n*ggas in Paris is just grimey.

I'll let it grow some more and give it time, but it definetly does get btter the more you listen. The first time I listened I was like wtf is this wack sh*t.

Last edited by NefariousNate; 08-09-2011 at 11:08 PM..
 08-09-2011, 11:14 PM         #219
funkdat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This ish is not all that I like 4 songs maybe.
 08-10-2011, 12:00 AM         #220
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Daddy Black said:
Just listened to the album for the 5th time. You know what, this cd is fire, u just got to listen to it for what it is. There literally is no music like this right now, its original and fresh. I think i can see myself playing this on and off over time.
Thats a lie. all this sh*t is remixes of the comercial sh*t they been doin since Blueprint 3
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
216 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
94 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy