Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne (2011)

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
88 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

rate
5/5 Classic 293 30.24%
4/5 Great 379 39.11%
3/5 Decent 212 21.88%
2/5 Bad 37 3.82%
1/5 Garbage 48 4.95%
Voters: 969. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #181
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Daddy Black said:
This album shoulda been called Kanye West-"Watch The Throne" (featuring Jay-Z) because thats exactly what it is.
 08-09-2011, 01:05 AM         #182
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '10        #183
bc23 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$352 | Props total: 27 27
This album idk man. It already feels like one of those albums that get super hyped, then get forgotten once it is released. Great production, but something about the lyrics just was lacking.
 6 years ago '06        #184
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,789 | Props total: 173 173
the reason the beat changed up in the who gon stop me.. is to keep the dubstep feel
 6 years ago '05        #185
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
its a solid 4/5
 6 years ago '06        #186
510FlO 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$614 | Props total: 10 10
 ~BLUEPRINT~ said:
The maturation process of this album is unreal and unmatched. It's how an album should be made. After the first listen it's expected to not be fully blown away unil your second and third listen when you really begin to immerse yourself in the music. Lyrically and instrumentally. Creatively speaking, since the later Outkast albums, I havent heard an album with quite as much introspect and pure genius siphoned into the process itself. Jay and Kanye knew they couldn't make an album that would please everyone, nobody can, that is why critics will always be employed. People will always have opinions as well, what better way to a.ssign our thoughts some kind of worth if we couldn't disagree at times, but in my opinion this album is lightyears beyond this generation of hip hop.

I challenge all of who claim the album sucks or is underwhelming, to expand and absorb every note, every bar and every word. These dudes created a masterpiece in it's own right, but to understand a masterpiece you have to understand why the artist chose the colors he did.

That said 5/5. Flawless effort.

I want what you were smoking
 6 years ago '04        #187
Merle 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,795 | Props total: 0 0
 510FlO said:

I want what you were smoking
 6 years ago '06        #188
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,230 | Props total: 319 319
 durtysoufreppin said:
you n*ggaz are out of your mind if you think this is anywhere near a classic
do u n*ggaz know what a classic is?

There's not 1 classic song on this album and yall n*ggaz callin the whole album a classic lol..

d!ck ridery is strong
agreed 100%!!!! Must be the youngins cause to call this garbage a classic is ridiculous!!! What these idiots don't realize is that it takes time to deem somethin a classic! Just can't listen to somethin a few times then label it a classic! Smfh!
 6 years ago '04        #189
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,813 | Props total: 1480 1480
 Baig said:
This.

The production on a handful of the tracks is just amazing, but if I want to listen to something that sounds like those tracks, well, I wouldn't be browsing the hiphop folder, let's just put it that way.

(Time for a new genre, so we don't have to call this sh*t rap or hip hop anymore. And I'm not saying this with hate... I'm just saying - I don't think this album and say, Elmatic are of the same genre of music).

Anyways...

- Nice punch lines drop every now and then. Some of the world play is just :eek:, but the delivery, flow, consistency is lacking.

- Catchy beats, sampling, production.

- For the most part, what the fu*k are these dudes rapping about tho? The only track that came close to painting a sort of story/message in my head was the one where Ye talks about "a son" and how he doesn't want him to do all the fu*ked up sh*t that he's done - the only track that actually went somewhere. Everything else is like spaghetti - they sound great, but lyrically all over the place. I may just have to listen to it some more...

3/5 for me. I fux widdit, but $50 says that a few weeks from now, this album will be out of rotation for me, sans a couple tracks here and there (like 'Gotta Have It').
So what will be in rotation after this album.... NOTHING...
 6 years ago '04        #190
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
I know exactly what happened with this album... a lot of people gave it too much hyped expect it to be too much one way and did not go in it with an open mind.... another thing is a lot of people are comparing it to tupac classic albums and sh*t old jay-z and sh*t... n*gga old jay-z been gone.. and you gotta compare this album to current albums that have dropped this year... its not fair to compare this sh*t to albums 7 years ago and sh*t... but like it was said even before the album dropped some would hate it and some would love it... either way it will do numbers....

my opinion 5/5 and classic (for a modern day album u can't expect classic like the old ones), like someone else said for any n*ggas that gave it less aren't listening... production is light years ahead... I haven't heard creative production like this EVER.... you can tell ye put his best foot forward... lyrics a lot of the time I had to rewind it to fully absorb what was being said... concept again ill as fu*k to come up with worldplay like that and song titles to even how the song would play out was brillant... I knew people would hate this album, but its only because it ain't gucci mane, waka flocka, or soulja boy.... this album is such a culture shock to a lot of people, because they forgot what real rap is...
 6 years ago '04        #191
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 mafiaboy said:
agreed 100%!!!! Must be the youngins cause to call this garbage a classic is ridiculous!!! What these idiots don't realize is that it takes time to deem somethin a classic! Just can't listen to somethin a few times then label it a classic! Smfh!
You dumb fu*ks... you can't compare a classic nowadays to older classics... just like you couldn't compare a classic elvis cd to a classic usher album... you have to compare it with album in that time span... I am 100 percent sure that classic 80s albums don't compare to classic 90s albums... this sh*t is classic for its time.. ur classic is probably lil b im gay right...

08-09-2011, 08:48 AM         #192
olibomb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Made in America is a CLASSIC song. The beat is understated but evokes emotion, the subject matter of the song is amazing. Vocals are on point by Ocean and the verses are executed well too.

Haters gonna hate!
 6 years ago '04        #193
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 olibomb said:
Made in America is a CLASSIC song. The beat is understated but evokes emotion, the subject matter of the song is amazing. Vocals are on point by Ocean and the verses are executed well too.

Haters gonna hate!
n*gga this whole cd evokes emotions... its just easier nowadays for n*ggas to hate, so they will just do so..
 6 years ago '07        #194
Blaksentinel 
space
space
$1,427 | Props total: 879 879
 - Streetz - said:
they dont seem to fit together in some of the tracks production was iffy
a lot of wack verses as well
Agreed. murder to Excellence, Illest MF Alive, Primetime, and The Joy are hot, but the album overall is just 3/5.
 6 years ago '10        #195
bernadoobie 
space
space
$11,697 | Props total: 555 555
I can't even begin to dissect this sh*t with quite the right amount of as*holery as you BX cats do it...so with that in mind I'll just say I like it. Couple songs got put on repeat (n*ggas in Paris, Why I Love You, Illest Mf'r Alive, Primetime) but I don't love it...but I haven't loved anything from Jay and Kanye for a couple years now.

We off that.
 6 years ago '11        #196
Silencer 78 heat pts78
space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 3440 3440
4/5 for me best music I heard since Rubber Band Business

That n*ggaz In Paris is knockin

Sounds like they kept everything in-house to prevent it from leaking.
Meaning they probably didn't send finish product out to a master
engineer for the final master but rather they had their own professional
engineer whip it up himself. Many of those songs probably never left the
studio, we all had Ham and i had The Joy since around March or April from
when Kanye was leakin his own sh*t.
I could be wrong though.

Last edited by Silencer; 08-09-2011 at 11:33 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #197
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
album str8....

but bad meets evil >>>>>>>>

get mad....

Last edited by knAwle3ge; 08-09-2011 at 12:00 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #198
Baig 
space
space
$622 | Props total: 12 12
 yourFATazzMAMA said:
album str8....

but bad meets evil >>>>>>>>

get mad....

08-09-2011, 12:34 PM         #199
sacosta1020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Classic!!
 6 years ago '06        #200
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,230 | Props total: 319 319
 egotistical said:
I know exactly what happened with this album... a lot of people gave it too much hyped expect it to be too much one way and did not go in it with an open mind.... another thing is a lot of people are comparing it to tupac classic albums and sh*t old jay-z and sh*t... n*gga old jay-z been gone.. and you gotta compare this album to current albums that have dropped this year... its not fair to compare this sh*t to albums 7 years ago and sh*t... but like it was said even before the album dropped some would hate it and some would love it... either way it will do numbers....

my opinion 5/5 and classic (for a modern day album u can't expect classic like the old ones), like someone else said for any n*ggas that gave it less aren't listening... production is light years ahead... I haven't heard creative production like this EVER.... you can tell ye put his best foot forward... lyrics a lot of the time I had to rewind it to fully absorb what was being said... concept again ill as fu*k to come up with worldplay like that and song titles to even how the song would play out was brillant... I knew people would hate this album, but its only because it ain't gucci mane, waka flocka, or soulja boy.... this album is such a culture shock to a lot of people, because they forgot what real rap is...

NOT EVERYONE LISTENS TO MAINSTREEM RAP OR CURRENT "POPULAR" RAP! A n*gga LIKE ME LISTENS TO A WIDE RANGE OF CURRENT RAP! AND I CAN NAME PLENTY OF ARTIST WHO'S POUND FOR POUND ALBUM WILL CRUSH THIS ALBUM. I'M NOT GONNA NAME EVERYONE CAUSE TO ME THAT'S A LONG LIST OF NAMES BUT FOR EXAMPLE BIG KRIT'S ALBUM WILL sh*t OF THIS PARTICULAR ALBUM THAT EVERYONE LIKE YOURSELF SEEMS TO BE SO HIGH ON. AND IT HAS JUST AS MANY CONCEPTS AND WORD PLAY THAT YOU STATE W.T.T. HAS. AND HE HAS TRACKS WITH REAL LIFE MESSAGES! CHECK IT OUT HOMIE. AND BEATS ARE BETTER. n*ggaS DONE LOST SIGHT OF WHAT QUALITY RAP IS. AND A MAJOR PART OF THAT IS BEATS/PRODUCTION VALUE WHICH I THINK W.T.T. IS LACKING. sh*t DON'T KNOCK! YEAH, OF COURSE JAY AND KANYE CAN RAP BUT THE PRODUCT AS A WHOLE IS SIGNIFICANTLY LACKIN! I THINK THEY WERE TRYIN TO HARD TO BE DIFFERENT AND OUT THE BOX ON W.T.T. WHOEVER SAYS OTHER WISE IS JUST A JAY/KANYE STAN! sh*t AINT A CLASSIC JUST BECAUSE OF THE HYPE AND CAUSE IT'S JAY AND KANYE!
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
106 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
68 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
144 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy