most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
400 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-07-2011, 04:41 PM         #121
ReasonableMatic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BrookLynnStiles said:
"watch out below, a million out the door"
I don't even have to ask you how
 6 years ago '10        #122
Petty Wap 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,051 | Props total: 315 315
 Jacc Blacc said:
do quarters count as real money??
 6 years ago '04        #123
ant30ant33 214 heat pts214
space
space
space
$11,813 | Props total: 4783 4783
digital numbers count + every ticket sold for watch the throne tour count.. i cop 2 tickets and guess what they sending me 2 copies + promo give away copies to stores count ............

Last edited by ant30ant33; 08-07-2011 at 04:53 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #124
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
 ant30ant33 said:
digital numbers count + every ticket sold for watch the throne tour count.. i cop 2 tickets and guess what they sending me 2 copies + promo give away copies to stores count ............
The album that comes with the concert ticket doesn't count towards album sales. Billboard/Soundscan deaded that after prince tried it with Musicology.

More info:
 6 years ago '05        #125
hanis 
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 1 1
 #1nasfan said:
So basically what yall are telling me is fu*k the way sh*t has been done for years, fu*k radio play, fu*k videos, fu*k tv appearences to promote your album, Kanye and Jay-Z have come up with the new master plan, at least for well known artist to sell again ?

If that's true, that's great, cuz unlike a lot of u n*ggas on here I actually buy albums (Damn near every Jay-Z & Kanye album) because I like to support the artists, but I find this very hard to believe.
you actually hit the nail on the head, they did come up with a new master plan, they have complete vertical integration for this process, nobody has ever put it together like they have. look at the facts right:
-most popular rapper of the 80's baby generation in jay
-most popular rapper of the 90's baby generation in kanye
-pre sale for an album that didn't even have a release date went over huge clearly fromt he talk about it when it first happened
-give out candid pictures, limited info, and build anticipation
-to sell well digitally you don't need a lot of big radio/tv push, which has been proven over and over again by artists like currency and the like, given on a much smaller scale, but its the same premise
-market towards the 13-30 year old demo, aka the money demo, aka people with disposable income
-create more hype and anticipation with over the top reviews before the album is done along with greatly hyped listening sessions and press items
-put together a tour with the 2 of the 5 biggest names in rap, (em, wayne, drake being the other 3 right now) and have those ticket sales of ARENAS count towards record sales for first week
-create even more talk and hype by it NOT leaking at all, not even the day before, unheard of in modern internet era
-right before the album drops, put enough money out there to the big market DJ's to go over the top with 'otis' the only "single" (ham doesn't count imo, because it was so long ago and clearly was just a street song if anything)

With all that said, why is it hard to believe that did those numbers, as someone previously stated that did 500k in ticket sales probably, which is 500k sales right? I guarantee a good percentage of those people already had pre-ordered the album, so thats at least 150k-200k double sales right? Now put in the people who pre-ordered the digital and hard copy album, not realize that if you pre order the hard copy that you will get the digital as part of the deluxe edition, and then don't forget about the people who are just casual younger fans, saw it all over itunes for 10 bucks and said "fu*k it, i love kanye, and jay is pretty good" and you easily have a million sales.

I only say those things because people i know did all of what i said, so i know they for sure aren't the only ones.

EDIT: i see someone says the sales for the concert tickets don't count, fine, if thats true, i accept it, but i still think they could hang up a million just because for the first time i can remember, two people of this stature, who are still extremely relevant today, put together and album, took a minimilast approach to marketing, and executed it to perfection. this is what artists have been trying to do and have been doing for years, but they/or their labels get scared and do a big push late in the game, this is usually something rock bands do/did, rappers need the spotlight too much and the game is to much smoke and mirrors to not put yourself out there, they just proved you can.

Last edited by hanis; 08-07-2011 at 05:01 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #126
space
space
space
 trex said:
The album that comes with the concert ticket doesn't count towards album sales. Billboard/Soundscan deaded that after prince tried it with Musicology.

More info:
this situation is similar but different... people not gonna be physically at the concert getting the album.. Ticketmaster is selling mp3s of this album also they are sending people the full length album.. Thats like you saying Amazon mp3s dont count towards sales when gaga was 99 cents... Either way they scheming the soundscan charts... Name a rapper who gave away their album when u cop a ticket????

"The new policy states that customers 'must be given an option to either add the CD to the ticket purchase or forgo the CD for a reduced ticket-only price,' with the CD price 'comparable to reasonable and customary retail pricing,' " wrote Billboard's Mayfied, announcing the revised rule in the magazine's June 5 edition.

Also i was given the option to say to no the digital album being sent to me.. Which was called opt out clause on site... So to me i still say they counting that towards soundscan until i read press release saying otherwise...

Also Uncle H dropping knowledge and he has very very valid points.. Plus If you know anything bout music business then you know artists make their money on tour thats why they giving album away to concert goers so they can be familiar with the muzik when its performed...

Last edited by ant30ant33; 08-07-2011 at 05:15 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #127
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1

Copping the physical CD IMMEDIATELY on Friday.
 08-07-2011, 05:05 PM         #128
K dot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This sh*t isn't LEAKING tomorrow, so Idc how many #s this sh*t does!
 6 years ago '06        #129
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,353 | Props total: 832 832
 6 years ago '04        #130
bwil 
space
space
space
$300 | Props total: 4 4
 K dot said:
This sh*t isn't LEAKING tomorrow, so Idc how many #s this sh*t does!
It comes out in 6 hours on itunes. so wtf are you talking about?
 6 years ago '04        #131
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,690 | Props total: 434 434
Otis isnt on the radio like that.....

maybe the concert helped it get to a million pre orders

it is Jay and Kanye, so they sell of their name alone...
 6 years ago '10        #132
StevieB21 
space
space
space
$50 | Props total: 0 0
Honestly its not that fair fetched. Keep in mind though if it is true its worldwide pre-orders not just the states. And both them dudes are MAJOR in Europeon countries!!
 6 years ago '10        #133
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
 ant30ant33 said:
this situation is similar but different... people not gonna be physically at the concert getting the album.. Ticketmaster is selling mp3s of this album also they are sending people the full length album.. Thats like you saying Amazon mp3s dont count towards sales when gaga was 99 cents... Either way they scheming the soundscan charts... Name a rapper who gave away their album when u cop a ticket????

"The new policy states that customers 'must be given an option to either add the CD to the ticket purchase or forgo the CD for a reduced ticket-only price,' with the CD price 'comparable to reasonable and customary retail pricing,' " wrote Billboard's Mayfied, announcing the revised rule in the magazine's June 5 edition.

Also i was given the option to say to no the digital album being sent to me.. Which was called opt out clause on site... So to me i still say they counting that towards soundscan until i read press release saying otherwise...
Oh that's interesting, maybe they do count. My friend bought tickets so I didn't know there was an opportunity to opt in/out of getting the digital album.

So the ticket prices are cheaper if you forego the album? Kinda strange cause ticket master was advertising as though the album was free with every ticket purchase.
 6 years ago '11        #134
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
thank god i got entourage/curb your enthusiasm/breaking bad to hold me over during the wait
 6 years ago '04        #135
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,216 | Props total: 223 223
 bwil said:
you fu*kin dummy.
 6 years ago '04        #136
space
space
space
just read exclusive for best buy for 10 days wow... this project gonna sell 2mill in 2 weeks

Last edited by ant30ant33; 08-07-2011 at 06:08 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #137
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,202 | Props total: 15738 15738
 BastardChild said:
if thats true that is nuts..

if watch the throne goes diamond.. you will never see an album leak again... everyone of importance will be doing the watch the throne process
Well it depends on how good the album is....if its weak, then word of mouth will k!ll it. This process can't work for everybody.
 6 years ago '04        #138
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,386 | Props total: 6415 6415
 tonystarks21 said:
wow people are actually anticipating this overhypped overrated album

im anticpated take care more than this shyt real talk

i dont even care for the album ill download it i guess
nobody even heard it yet and you already said its overrated. most people are just expecting a decent-pretty good.
 6 years ago '11        #139
necrostar 
space
space
space
$13 | Props total: 0 0
 bwil said:
 6 years ago '05        #140
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,089 | Props total: 4228 4228
 ant30ant33 said:
From Ticketmaster:

Thank you for purchasing tickets to see JAY-Z and Kanye West. For every ticket purchased, you'll receive a digital copy of their new album, 'Watch The Throne'. When the album is released to the public on 8/8, you will receive an additional email from Ticketmaster with more information on how to obtain your digital copy. If you purchased after 8/8, you will receive your email within 48 hours of purchase. Offer is valid for United States and Canadian residents only.

Its optional not mandatory... Thats why i stated situation iz different and why i believe its gonna count towards soundscan... I called and they told me since i cop 2 tickets so i will be receiving 2 watch the throne albums.... I dont know who else on here bought tickets but i did and this was sent this by ticketmaster i also read other people received same message.
all that for a digital copy.... damn, thats crazy
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy